• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stider

Do everyone think it would be worth farming Rufus for summon orbs? Fought him twice so far and he has dropped a 3* and 4* summon orb. Only place so far to get them from it seems so it might be worthwhile as Rydia has a high enough skill to use all of the currently available ones.

JNA

Banned
Do everyone think it would be worth farming Rufus for summon orbs? Fought him twice so far and he has dropped a 3* and 4* summon orb. Only place so far to get them from it seems so it might be worthwhile as Rydia has a high enough skill to use all of the currently available ones.

That's actually what I'm doing at the moment. The fight is not difficult after leveling Tifa and Sephiroth so the only thing holding me back is the stamina.

But I should have enough summoning orbs by the time the event is over.

The only question then would be where I get the other two orbs for that 4* star summon? 0_0

sackninja

Is Tifa any good? My current party is Tidus- lvl13, Cloud- lvl13, Kain- lvl14, White Mage- lvl11, Rydia,- lvl10. Any of them worth replacing with anyone?

JNA

Banned
Is Tifa any good? My current party is Tidus- lvl13, Cloud- lvl13, Kain- lvl14, White Mage- lvl11, Rydia,- lvl10. Any of them worth replacing with anyone?

Tifa has the third strongest Attack rating, behind only Cloud and Sephiroth. So I think she's worth it.

My party when they are all similar level: Sephiroth, Cloud, Tifa, Rydia, Tyro.

My Tyro is pretty much a healer that attacks with a Harp from to time, Rydia with her magic, and the rest being damage dealers.

Although I will switch out Tifa for Kain in IV Dungeons or Tidus in X dungeons, but other than that, it's pretty much my main party.

Einbroch

Banned
Got Sephy. Took me a bit because I pretty much only did the orb dailies from yesterday. My stock of black and power orbs was getting low.

Yeah, uninstalled this. It's not for me. I'll stick to Theatrhythm for my nostalgia, I think! I'm not a fan of how this game works at all, and it runs like arse on my Galaxy S3.

ZiggyST

Banned
Got Sephy. Took me a bit because I pretty much only did the orb dailies from yesterday. My stock of black and power orbs was getting low.

What was your party? i can't kill the helicopter.

Is Kain with a spear a ranger? or will it be out of range?

Einbroch

Banned
What was your party? i can't kill the helicopter.

Is Kain with a spear a ranger? or will it be out of range?

Easiest way is Rydia with a level 2 Thundara and an upgraded staff. I had Tyco with Cura which was needed once on Rydia. Everyone else is just there to soak damage.

kiyoaki

It runs OK on my iPad... except for random crashes in the inventory menu. They certainly could have spent more time optimizing this game.

On the bright side, I got Sephiroth! I hope the next event will be about FF6 or FF8 characters.

Yaari

KojiKnight, my harp is on Tyro ;(. Did anyone farm Rods? I m looking for the best stage. After that I can go for Sephiroth.

pikablu

Got my main team leveled up to 20:

Tyros
Kain
Cloud
Tidus
White Mage

Now trying to get Tifa and Rydia to 20. I probably won't be able to beat the tower fully this time but thats fine. I'm also working on getting Thundara level 2 (almost there) and Jump.

Z3M0G

Sooooo anyone else starting to feel like they will never pull a 5 stars relic? I am getting sick to see the white ball coming up... I know that I should eventually get one, but it would be encouraging after all the effort I put in. The fun I get is the greatest reward but I would still appreciate something neat in my inventory.
I got two so far. The dagger and the shield. I spent no real $$. I feel pretty lucky.

garath

I need to farm orbs for dark attack. I'm just short. :/

Just want to make the last battle as easy as possible. About to attack the second flying boss. Wasn't at all prepared for the first and still killed him in like 5 thundara

Einbroch

Banned

Just want to make the last battle as easy as possible. About to attack the second flying boss. Wasn't at all prepared for the first and still killed him in like 5 thundara

Honestly the last boss is pretty easy. At least he was for me. Auto-battled the whole stage, except once to pop a Cura.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So is it worth keeping White Mage and Black Mage on my team, or are there better alternatives to healing/damage magic users?

MicH

The daily dungeon drops dark Orbs

Also, I can finally do the hard dailies! Yay!

5? It took my Rydia 3... You're not using Tyro to cast are you? He's garbage as a damage dealer with spells.

So is it worth keeping White Mage and Black Mage on my team, or are there better alternatives to healing/damage magic users?

Black mage? No. White mage? Maybe. She's a superior healer to Tyro, but she's a lot less versatile. If you want to keep using Tyro, you pretty much have to sacrifice your white mage slot to use him.

Yaari

My Black Mage has like 800 health at level 27, its pretty bad. I don't really see a reason to keep him around but he's eaten so much EXP that I want to have him around for this event. That said, I'd be lucky if he can even survive until the boss stage.

kiyoaki

I leveled white mage to 19, then threw her out in favor of Tyro. Seems like a good decision so far, as Tyro is far more flexible and has better stats. The only drawback is that I don't like his design. Rydia is great as a black magician, she single-handedly destroyed both flying bosses for me in the FF7 event.

TheContact

Sooooo anyone else starting to feel like they will never pull a 5 stars relic? I am getting sick to see the white ball coming up... I know that I should eventually get one, but it would be encouraging after all the effort I put in. The fun I get is the greatest reward but I would still appreciate something neat in my inventory.

I got a 5 star danjuro dagger from a 5mythril draw yesterday. Saw a couple other gaffers get it too

ZiggyST

Banned
Easiest way is Rydia with a level 2 Thundara and an upgraded staff. I had Tyco with Cura which was needed once on Rydia. Everyone else is just there to soak damage.

Thanks, I have an upgraded staff but 1star, i didn't get anything better than that, and I have two thundaras lv1, but is not enought, my rydia is lv22.
I'm going to level up a little more and try again.
Are the other 2 last bosses ranged too?

I've gotten 4 star helmet... but besides that, my draws have been pretty poor... All that said, I can't complain... I don't feel hamstrung by my bad draws. I don't feel like I have to have a bunch of 5-star gear to compete/beat dungeons. As long as that continues, I don't mind.

Ashodin

Thanks, I have an upgraded staff but 1star, i didn't get anything better than that, and I have two thundaras lv1, but is not enought, my rydia is lv22.
I'm going to level up a little more and try again.
Are the other 2 last bosses ranged too?
Last boss, Rufus, is not.

I've gotten 4 star helmet... but besides that, my draws have been pretty poor... All that said, I can't complain... I don't feel hamstrung by my bad draws. I don't feel like I have to have a bunch of 5-star gear to compete/beat dungeons. As long as that continues, I don't mind.

Yea I am the same, as long as I can keep having fun with the gears I got I'm ok. I still hope for a great pull but I think that I am about to hit a wall on the Elite dungeons. My pull will depend only on the Mythril from the daily login bonus pretty soon. At least until new content is out.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay my level 25 Rydia easily beat both flying bosses by herself. I just had everyone else defend. So easy.

Okay my level 25 Rydia easily beat both flying bosses by herself. I just had everyone else defend. So easy.

Wait, a level 25 Rydia can do that? I was hesitant to continue my journey up the Shinra tower due to my lack of any real ability to cope with flying bosses other then my Rydia, but if she can effectively 'damage solo' them then I might give it a go.

SougoXIII

So anyone here who made an in app purchase, how does it work exactly? Does the gem show up automatically on your account? Cause mine still haven't appear after I got the confirmation message

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wait, a level 25 Rydia can do that? I was hesitant to continue my journey up the Shinra tower due to my lack of any real ability to cope with flying bosses other then my Rydia, but if she can effectively 'damage solo' them then I might give it a go.

The ONLY other attack I did was Kain's jump attack to start for about 600 damage. Everything else was just my Rydia. I used Thundara and when that ran out, Thunder. I actually had made a mistake and forgot to equip my bow/harp/range weapons/etc, but figured I'd give it a try anyway. It's really easy, but I suppose RNG could get your Rydia killed.

Althane

On floors 56-60 of Shinra tower. Need more orbs to pump up my Thundara, apparently.

I am not finding a lot of Lesser orbs in this dungeon, lots of minors.

Either way, should be cleared by this weekend. Tifa is kicking ass now, and I have like 30 growth eggs to dump on Sephie when I get him (Hey, I'm being optimistic, but I'm pumped!)

Finally got my Sephiroth. Did not Master the final 2 stages though, so in a few days I will go back and do so. Just need to level up a bit more first and get Seph up to speed.

johnsmith

remember me
I have three pulls ready (probably four by the end of today) but I kind of want to wait until Saturday, I really would be annoyed to waste a good Five Star on Tifa.
What do you mean by this? Equipment can be equipped and unequipped like any normal FF game. It's not like Chain Chronicle where you can't remove a weapon once you give it to someone.

Yaari

How good is Masamune as a weapon, because I recall some people saying it wasn't all that great. I was saving Mythril to roll on one, but otherwise I might just do it now.

What do you mean by this? Equipment can be equipped and unequipped like any normal FF game. It's not like Chain Chronicle where you can't remove a weapon once you give it to someone.
Tifa's special item is the current "common" five star item.

If I'm gonna have a chance at something, I'd rather it be something else.

XJF

Where can I get the Lesser orbs to upgrade Thundara today? Apparently that's the way to go in the ShinRa dungeon.

TheExodu5

Banned
The ONLY other attack I did was Kain's jump attack to start for about 600 damage. Everything else was just my Rydia. I used Thundara and when that ran out, Thunder. I actually had made a mistake and forgot to equip my bow/harp/range weapons/etc, but figured I'd give it a try anyway. It's really easy, but I suppose RNG could get your Rydia killed.

Just cast Protect on Rydia and your healer before the boss fight. Shouldn't have any problems keeping her alive then.

On the final set of floors now, just waiting for stamina to refill... tempted to just spend a mythril so I can get this dungeon over with.

Likewise on my Rydia being level 24 and blowing through the two flying bosses. I have 6 thundara charges on her though and Kain did help a little with his 2 jumps for about 800 damage (don't forget to equip the power wrists in the accessory slot, they are FF7 items so they get a bonus as well).

Where can I get the Lesser orbs to upgrade Thundara today? Apparently that's the way to go in the ShinRa dungeon.

If you do good in the Tower, a lot of them come from Mastering / Completing the early stages. Like 11 from the first 4 levels which are very easy. 3 more in 21-25.

ZeroAKA

Finished the FFVII event and mastered everything on the first try. The final boss wasn't nearly as bad as I expected even though I wasn't able to inflict blind. I should be at 50 mythril after doing a few more Elite dungeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom