• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know if a lvl 50 character eats up experience shared at the end of the battle, even though they can no longer progress (for now) or is the total amount shared between those lower than level 50?

also hold on, we might get squall AND his record materia in the same event?

Jyrii

Banned
anyone know if a lvl 50 character eats up experience shared at the end of the battle, even though they can no longer progress (for now) or is the total amount shared between those lower than level 50?

Max level characters will take their part of the total XP, even though they cannot gain any more levels.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Thundaja get. I'll try to tackle some of the Elites I have left before the event so I can get my stamina from 99 to 100. Let's see how Shiva's gang and Sinspawn Geneaux handle my newly honed AOE skills.

Thump, thump thump...

https://ffrki.wordpress.com/2015/06/01/and-were-off/

Let's see what happens.
Doing god's work, cpp. I'm on a macbook during the day so I'll have to wait until I'm on the windows desktop later to check this out.

Jyrii

Banned
Hah, I noticed that I had not actually mastered Feymarch.

It was so easy, that I would have probably mastered it without save scumming (Reina got instakilled).

Red Mage

I cannot use the Inspector at work, so... does anyone know if a 5 * Non-VI weapon or a 3*++ VI weapon will do more damage in an FFVI stage?

Falk

that puzzling face
Virtually always 3*++ RS > 5* non-RS

I have a Greatsword++ (who doesn't) and it's 115 attack in VI worlds, and that's only a 2*++

Buster Sword is 109

Yeah I have a Falchion ++, A falchion +, and some FFVI 3 or 4 star knife + FFVI content is a joke for me. Cyan + retaliate dominates supported by Celes and Terra one shotting mobs.

Fuu

Failed at Elite Anima :(

Guess I need to do this Retaliate business to get passed stuff like this.
Retaliate is pretty much a need on Anima because it doesn't trigger his counter. It was the same deal on Liquid Flame. Until Lenna event I hadn't been using Retaliate meta but now I'm all in.

Retaliate is pretty much a need on Anima because it doesn't trigger his counter. It was the same deal on Liquid Flame. Until Lenna event I hadn't been using Retaliate meta but now I'm all in.

Could someone explain this? Is retaliate a skill that you need to get?

Razmos

I would appreciate an explanation of the Retaliate thing as well if possible. I just created Retaliate and Boost and i'm working on honing Retaliate by the end of the day.

EDIT: lol, thank you ;)

1772 away from Thundaja. Probably gotta spend 48 mythril to get there on hard....messed up and did Wight(1.5) last night...oops. Otherwise I'd have it now. Probably wait till tomorrow...as I want to farm the daily dungeon. Then by 3pm I'll have 0 stamina for a 5 hour charge to 100.

Any idea how much mythril we'll be getting from the Locke event and/or the new dungeons next week(?)?

Razmos

1772 away from Thundaja. Probably gotta spend 48 mythril to get there on hard....messed up and did Wight(1.5) last night...oops. Otherwise I'd have it now. Probably wait till tomorrow...as I want to farm the daily dungeon. Then by 3pm I'll have 0 stamina for a 5 hour charge to 100.

Any idea how much mythril we'll be getting from the Locke event and/or the new dungeons next week(?)?
From what I read we get 10-11 Mythril, but I don't fully trust that kongbakpao site, it's really badly translated and has been wrong before.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh the X elites have been annoying. I'm on the last elite thankfully so I'll only have V's last three left after this.

Fuu

Just beat Karnak Castle Elite and got an Expert. I'll have to tweak my team a bit, boss wasn't hitting me too hard but his second form took ages to go down and I forgot to S/L when he used Death Claw, which cost me three medals. Also, fuck this guy:

rKvryBk.png

I'll tackle Library of the Ancients before I go back there though, I'm two stamina shards away from my last refill.

Razmos

I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one who doesn't use Retaliate.
I created it today but haven't used it yet. I can see why it would be useful against bosses that counter, and useful for giving your mages the ability to do something outside of using abilities. but I can't see much use for it outside of that.

Balphon

I created it today but haven't used it yet. I can see why it would be useful against bosses that counter, and useful for giving your mages the ability to do something outside of using abilities. but I can't see much use for it outside of that.

It definitely seems super efficient with bosses that counter everything, and there are a few nasty ones of those (like, you know, Anima).

I cannot use the Inspector at work, so... does anyone know if a 5 * Non-VI weapon or a 3*++ VI weapon will do more damage in an FFVI stage?

I can tell you the formula to figure it out yourself if you're a mathy person.

Basically look up the stats for each item here: https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Home

You need specifically the base atk and max atk.

For the 3* weapon, the max level fully combined is 20, and for the 5* weapon the max level fully combined is 30.

Let T1 and T2 be the base and max atk value of the 3* weapon. Calculate the value LT = (T2-T1)/19. This is the level up factor for the 3* weapon (e.g. how much the stat increases each time you level).

Let F1 and F2 be the base and max atk value of the 5* weapon. Calculate the value LF = (F2-F1)/29. This is the level up factor of your 5* weapon.

All synergy does is give you a certain number of bonus levels. The formula for this is bonus_levels = 20 + 10 * (Floor(current_level/5) - 1).

So for your level 20 3++ weapon, the number of bonus levels is 20 + 10 * 3 = 50. This means the item has an effective level of 20 + 50 = 70.

Now, to compute the atk of the 3* VI weapon with synergy, just compute base_atk + LT*(70-1)

Example:

Dark Sword (IV) (5*)
Base Atk: 77
Max Atk: 128

Bastard Sword (VI) (3*)
Base Atk: 23
Max Atk: 54

Bastard Sword Calculation:
LT = (54 - 23)/(20 - 1) = 1.6316
Effective Level with Synergy = 70
Atk value with synergy: 23 + (70-1)*1.6316 = 136

Dark Sword Calculation:
LT = (128-77) / (30 - 1) = 1.7586
Maximum level at 5* (no synergy) = 20
Atk value at level 20 = 77 + 1.7586*20 = 113

So in this case the Bastard Sword would be better.

Just beat Karnak Castle Elite and got an Expert. I'll have to tweak my team a bit, boss wasn't hitting me too hard but his second form took ages to go down and I forgot to S/L when he used Death Claw, which cost me three medals. Also, fuck this guy:

rKvryBk.png

I'll tackle Library of the Ancients before I go back there though, I'm two stamina shards away from my last refill.

Same here. Not likle there's a rush to squeeze out that 1 stamina shard, I'll go back when I have some more FF5 synergy guys.

Razmos

It definitely seems super efficient with bosses that counter everything, and there are a few nasty ones of those (like, you know, Anima).
Sure, but is there any reason to use it for bosses that don't counter?

It being called a "meta" suggests to me that it would be something used more often that that.

You can also go into a dungeon and look at the stats of the synergy gear by going to inventory. Compare it to the items you have equipped as well. If the stats are better, since you haven't spent any stamina yet...retreat and equip the better gear. While in the dungeon the synergy gear will show its synergy value.

Farming phantom train for the final dark orb to create magic breakdown. I had forgotten how annoying it was to time the kill task with the drop. I hope I haven't killed too early, I have killed too late once and had to rerun the whole thing. I will say that mental breakdown allows my level 28 red Mage to hit phantom train for 9999 with Thundaga, a nice surprise.

I'm farming humbaba, one wind orb in 7 runs, and phantom train today, using what I hope will be the fsquad to get through the Locke normal events saving my e squad for the elites.

You can also go into a dungeon and look at the stats of the synergy gear by going to inventory. Compare it to the items you have equipped as well. If the stats are better, since you haven't spent any stamina yet...retreat and equip the better gear. While in the dungeon the synergy gear will show its synergy value.

Yea, the problem comes though if you got an item and you don't know whether it's worth holding on to or upgrading (for example you just pulled the 3* item, you dont' want to waste scarletite on it if it's not going to be better than the other item anyway).

Fuu

Sure, but is there any reason to use it for bosses that don't counter?

It being called a "meta" suggests to me that it would be something used more often that that.
I only use it on those type of bosses, but it can also be useful for people who only have a single 5* weapon. By using Retaliate meta the whole team is able to hit as hard as the boosted character that has the strongest weapon equipped.

Yea, the problem comes though if you got an item and you don't know whether it's worth holding on to or upgrading (for example you just pulled the 3* item, you dont' want to waste scarletite on it if it's not going to be better than the other item anyway).

That makes sense. I just make it easy and chuck most of my 3 star items however. I've leveled up two 3 stars from 3 to 5(Flame Mail(IV) and Mythril Armor(VI)). I keep the 4's though.

Razmos

I only use it on those type of bosses, but it can also be useful for people who only have a single 5* weapon. By using Retaliate meta the whole team is able to hit as hard as the boosted character that has the strongest weapon equipped.
Ah, that's a good point.

You would think full bars and lte speeds would get this game to get past the inf loading screen of hell, nope. Its truly weird how sometimes this game works great with terrible coverage/wifi then works garbage with amazing coverage/wifi

Jyrii

Banned
I was able to master Walse tower elite with a lot of save scumming. Also finished Karnak Castle, but only got novice against Iron Claw thus not mastering it.

Balphon

I wasn't before but ever since I started I can't stop. It really helps out.

I don't doubt it. I think I'll keep leaning on Terra and my Enhancer as long as I can, though. :)

In other news, Locke's event seems real long stamina-wise and only lasts barely over a week.

Looks like I'll need to hone Intimidate sooner rather than later.

When fighting Anima and using the retaliate method, is there any way to direct the attacks towards the middle sphere instead of the arms?
Ive just started using this method and on hard it destroys him pretty quick, but it always attacks the arms 1st. This is no problem on hard, but I think when I do it on Heroic it's gonna cause some big problems.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm going to give it a shot but I've had Retaliate for ages and not used it really. I'm just a little scared of using it I guess lol not really understanding it very well.

Basically give Retaliate to your strongest hitting character while giving things like armor and mental break and Boost to others. Boost the strongest hitting character and get the others to land the breaks and then make sure double cut is equipped on your weakest characters so that they can use it on the character with retaliate active. If you have mages you can get them to hit the character with retaliate after the magic is used up.

I don't doubt it. I think I'll keep leaning on Terra and my Enhancer as long as I can, though. :)

In other news, Locke's event seems real long stamina-wise and only lasts barely over a week.

Looks like I'll need to hone Intimidate sooner rather than later.

Honestly you can still use Terra to her full efect while doing Retaliate. I use Rinoa as my BM and I only use her as a retaliate attacker when her magic is out.

Hmm, I am not looking forward to a vii event, I'm sitting on a 4+ metal fist that can be upgraded to ++ for 200k, so 200k plus upgrade costs and mats will only bump the non rs attack from67 to 73, so not a huge difference relatively speaking. I'm back over 200k in the bank thanks to humbaba, but i have some other honing upgrading options as well I'd like to do. Otoh, another red weapon would be nice to have at the top of my inventory. Hmm

thedan001

Just got every available character lv47-50, and finished all the elite dungeons + Vanille event @100k memories, just waiting on stamina to finish event

But I'm really weak in the orb/ability department. All of my breaks are just rank 1, and no breakdowns yet. I got by with rank 4 retaliate and 3 double cuts all at rank 4, any advice on to catch up with orbs?

Think I'll finish Vanille event and then keep farming warmech/behemoth for 4* lightning/dark to keep honing Thundaja since now is best time to farm those

m3Fyuahm.jpg

This is with $28.99 for 11 pulls once per month since game came out and all mythrils spent into relic pulls.
Gonna pay once again for pulls on Red XIII and Cloud's 3rd weapon going forward

When fighting Anima and using the retaliate method, is there any way to direct the attacks towards the middle sphere instead of the arms?
Ive just started using this method and on hard it destroys him pretty quick, but it always attacks the arms 1st. This is no problem on hard, but I think when I do it on Heroic it's gonna cause some big problems.

Retaliate targets the unit with the least % of health left. My suggestion for Anima is

Give your weakest physical attacker magic break

Kill one of the turbines, don't touch the other

Use power/armor break on the main part, this will leave the living turbine with 100% health and the main body with less then 100%

Retaliate until the second phase happens

Reapply breaks, use magic break on living turbine, if your magic break user does more then 50% damage to the living turbine you need to give them a weaker weapon or use a lower leveled character

Retaliate to victory

Just got every available character lv47-50, and finished all the elite dungeons + Vanille event @100k memories, just waiting on stamina to finish event

But I'm really weak in the orb/ability department. All of my breaks are just rank 1, and no breakdowns yet. I got by with rank 4 retaliate and 3 double cuts all at rank 4, any advice on to catch up with orbs?

Think I'll finish Vanille event and then keep farming warmech/behemoth for 4* lightning/dark to keep honing Thundaja since now is best time to farm those

m3Fyuahm.jpg

This is with $28.99 for 11 pulls once per month since game came out and all mythrils spent into relic pulls.
Gonna pay once again for pulls on Red XIII and Cloud's 3rd weapon going forward

It might be the best time to farm 4* Lightning Orbs now, but to be honest, if your breaks are all rank 1 then I think you should stop, drop, and roll, and then when you get up go immediately start farming orbs to hone your breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom