• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

I think I've gotten two 3 star relics early on but I haven't gotten anything more than one star in ages.

15 minutes, come to me Locke

BJK

RISING SUN!!!

My first 5* weapon; so glad I waited for the Locke event, even as the game was throwing Mythril at us right and left.

Did 3 pulls with mythril I saved up the past few days clearing elites, and I some X synergy item I've never heard of before as well as the Hawkeye. Looks like an awesome weapon for Locke, so I'm sure he'll be using that once I get him.

Shadow780

What's the best place to get lesser power orbs? Trying to hone Retaliate among other things. Seems like a lot of abilities require power orbs.

Road

Did a single pull on Locke's banner and got 4* Metal Knuckle VII. Another useless weapon to add to my collection.

Another Thunder Strike? Why??? Just give me the orbs. =\

BTW, there's currently a 4% chance of getting a soul break weapon, so if anyone wants to maximize the chances of getting some SB weapon, this is as good a time as any.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I have to say, the amount of repeat bosses from the normal VI dungeons is a serious snooze. Does this kind of thing become a common occurrence in the events?

BTW, there's currently a 4% chance of getting a soul break weapon, so if anyone wants to maximize the chances of getting some SB weapon, this is as good a time as any.
Oh god... I know I'll regret it...

Wazzy

Banned
I'm not sure I'll do a pull since the only banner I might do one before Squall is Tidus.

Good luck to all Locke banner pullers!

Falk

that puzzling face
I have to say, the amount of repeat bosses from the normal VI dungeons is a serious snooze. Does this kind of thing become a common occurrence in the events?

Shinra is 5 and then the next few are 10 each. I think 15 basically made them do the "I've made a huge mistake" face.

Also all future events have a Boss Rush which is actually AWESOME to do, along with increased caps/record materia/etc.

Roto13

You shouldn't be able to get less than mastery if you autobattle through an entire dungeon. (Don't autobattle though the South Figaro Cave boss. Use thunder or water.)

elty

Not sure why people bother with their A team for this type of event. I always use the underlevel crap like lv48 bard who cannot even hit for 1K.

Roto13

Not sure why people bother with their A team for this type of event. I always use the underlevel crap like lv48 bard who cannot even hit for 1K.

I'm just using whatever characters I want to level up. They happen to all be in the high 40's right now....

Fuu

These days I'll bring two or three B-tiers to the easier stuff. I'd use a whole B-team but the interface to switch things around is so awful I usually give up midway, unless I really need to do it.

The UI is one thing I never really got used to with this game and it's always a hassle, it's a shame it didn't launch with all the Japanese updates like being able to remove all equipment at once, saving a separate team setup (I think they have this? not sure), etc.

These equip awards are hot garbage, do not want ninja gear or greatswords. Am very glad I didn't go for the fire ring with lenna. And I can get my diamond vest to 3++ and main gauche to 3+, so that's something I guess. Started seeing lesser orbs dropping at zozo. I am rolling a team of avg 30 with red Mage ohking the bosses. Through magical factory. Btw the bosses drop their two star equips here as well, just got a flame helm from ifrit.

Not sold on barrier ring. Resistance isnt something i usually prioritize.

^^^ But you can combine all the Ninja Gears and Swords into a 3*++, handy for those with rotten luck in the draws.

Fuu

100 stamina gone and still half of Normal to clear. Elite will take years and we only have one week lol, they really want people using Mythril for refills (ps: I won't).

^^^ But you can combine all the Ninja Gears and Swords into a 3*++, handy for those with rotten luck in the draws.
True, for noobs they're fine, but the sword we maxed from the earlier event and ninja gear is easily farmed. Just underwhelming, sorry.

I'm still waiting for the dozen free mythril we were owed for all the errors in the last dungeon update.
Maria is Firion's sister apparently, and Ward got a name change.

Just give us Mythril every day. Some of those daily bonuses are useless. (200 gil? Really??)

Falk

that puzzling face

^^^ But you can combine all the Ninja Gears and Swords into a 2*++, handy for those with rotten luck in the draws.

fixed, it's 2*++ lol

The 2*++ sword in particular (we got one from Celes event) is on par with a non-RS 5* in VI worlds.

edit: Let's see!

Sephiroth/Tifa: Too hard, and ranged bosses are bullshit
Aerith: Too grindy, rewards suck (how wrong we were!)
Lethe: Too boring
Celes: Too grindy
Rinoa: Too hard
Lenna: Too grindy
Locke: Too much content

(Vanille and Cecil get a pass I guess)

In short:
Everything_is_Terrible!.jpg

To put it in perspective though, no one's forcing you to do ALL of the Locke event. Just 15 Normal, which awards a shit ton of mythril you otherwise wouldn't get, and then you can cherry pick which Elites you want to do to get the rewards you want (You DON'T have to do the Elites in order)

Obviously they're all still worth doing in my opinion (omg summon orbs) but yeah. Get locke, powerlevel him, go for Phoenix is totally a valid outline.

Also get used to having too much to do - it gets 'worse' from here on out, even if the events lighten up somewhat.

edit: A nice change, though, would be giving you Normal 1 and Elite 1 to start with. Normals unlock the corresponding Elite and next Normal (as it is now), and Elite unlocks the corresponding Normal and next Elite. That way if people want they can just go through the Elite path and not bother with Normals/rewards that don't interest them.

alcheim

While waiting for stamina to refill to continue with the Locke event, I did an impulse 11-pull...

Ooh! Two 5* relics! Please RNG, make them Soul Break gear...

RNGenie: Your wish is granted...

Me: But, but, I meant Soul Break relics for Locke, Vanille, Cloud, Sephiroth, Rinoa, Wakka...

*RNGenie vanishes with a hearty laugh

I think this game has become sentient, and is actively trolling me and everyone else playing it.

Roto13

While waiting for stamina to refill to continue with the Locke event, I did an impulse 11-pull...

http://i.imgur.com/usQQjaX.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JOwodMd.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9LUVFBO.png[IMG]

[B]RNGenie:[/B] [I]Your wish is granted...[/I]

[B]Me:[/B] [I]But, but, I meant Soul Break relics for Locke, Vanille, Cloud, Sephiroth, Rinoa, Wakka... [/I]

I think this game has become sentient, and is actively trolling me and everyone else playing it.[/QUOTE]

You got two 5* things from the relic pull. You complain again and I will smack the ugly right off your face.

usQQjaX.png

JOwodMd.png

9LUVFBO.png

RNGenie: Your wish is granted...

Me: But, but, I meant Soul Break relics for Locke, Vanille, Cloud, Sephiroth, Rinoa, Wakka...

I think this game has become sentient, and is actively trolling me and everyone else playing it.
O___________________________________O

Don't you dare complain. (Those two in particular have great SB. Group healing and AoE lighting attack.)

Falk

that puzzling face
If you complain about ANY healer you want getting a 1-bar AOE heal I'm going to start a change.org petition for DeNA to change the pull to broadswords. 11 broadswords.

Fuu

fixed, it's 2*++ lol

The 2*++ sword in particular (we got one from Celes event) is on par with a non-RS 5* in VI worlds.

edit: Let's see!

Sephiroth/Tifa: Too hard, and ranged bosses are bullshit
Aerith: Too grindy, rewards suck (how wrong we were!)
Lethe: Too boring
Celes: Too grindy
Rinoa: Too hard
Lenna: Too grindy
Locke: Too much content

(Vanille and Cecil get a pass I guess)

In short:
Everything_is_Terrible!.jpg

To put it in perspective though, no one's forcing you to do ALL of the Locke event. Just 15 Normal, which awards a shit ton of mythril you otherwise wouldn't get, and then you can cherry pick which Elites you want to do to get the rewards you want (You DON'T have to do the Elites in order)

Obviously they're all still worth doing in my opinion (omg summon orbs) but yeah. Get locke, powerlevel him, go for Phoenix is totally a valid outline.

Also get used to having too much to do - it gets 'worse' from here on out, even if the events lighten up somewhat.

edit: A nice change, though, would be giving you Normal 1 and Elite 1 to start with. Normals unlock the corresponding Elite and next Normal (as it is now), and Elite unlocks the corresponding Normal and next Elite. That way if people want they can just go through the Elite path and not bother with Normals/rewards that don't interest them.
To be fair, I liked all the events we got. My favorites so far were Rinoa (trying to and finally beating the T-Rex was a lot of fun) and Lenna (good orb drops, good XP, good rewards). Seth/Tifa was fun, Celes was fine (didn't mind rerolling for 24), and I concede that I barely remember Lethe lol, but I don't think I had a problem with it.

My only issues with the events we had so far are:
-Vanille right after Lenna due to rescheduling. Two grindy events at the same time isn't fun. In the end it wasn't a problem for me because I still got Thundaja, but still.
-Locke event is humongous and not exaclty engaging because it's mostly repeated content.

And in the end whenever I post a gif or complain about RNG or w/e it's just for the sake of ribbing, really. The moment I really feel like the game became an actual chore I'll just drop it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom