• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would kill to get past this screen
nSez0NC.jpg

thedan001

It might be the best time to farm 4* Lightning Orbs now, but to be honest, if your breaks are all rank 1 then I think you should stop, drop, and roll, and then when you get up go immediately start farming orbs to hone your breaks.

I've been meaning to hone my break abilities, just kept being distracted with all the dailies and events happening lately. Vanille's event pinched me hard because of heroic anima, but I manage mastery in heroic fine, still a struggle without honed breaks

chrono01

I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one who doesn't use Retaliate.
To be honest, I don't really understand the appeal of it.

From what I gather:

- Buff potential Retaliate user with Boost
- Retaliate user uses Retaliate
- Other members use Double Cut on Retaliate user
- Retaliate user attacks two times for each Double Cut

What I don't get is, why not simply Boost each of the Double Cut users and attack the boss directly with Double Cut? For each Double Cut, you get two attacks out of it anyway [even if you use it on the Retaliate user], so you don't gain anything in the end.

Unless I'm missing something?

Edit - I didn't think about giving Double Cut to my Mages. I didn't even think they could use it. >_<

Jyrii

Banned
What I don't get is, why not simply Boost each of the Double Cut users and attack the boss directly with Double Cut?
Cause you would lose precious turns boosting the Double Cut users instead of just using it once.

Also when you use retaliate, you can equip your best stuff on that character and every attack will hit with the same dmg.

Roto13

Guess I might as well get my party ready and not play for 4.5 hours.

All of my FFVI characters are level 50. Looking forward to the Elite dungeons.

There's no counter attack to retaliate. For example If you hit Animawith a double cut, he's going to knock a big chunk of HP from someone. Hit with a double cut through retaliate and he'll just take it like a chump.
Also, if you're lucky enough to have Cloud's 5* weapon, retaliate will turn everyone's attack into the same strength as that set up. Even a weakass mage.

Balphon

Honestly you can still use Terra to her full efect while doing Retaliate. I use Rinoa as my BM and I only use her as a retaliate attacker when her magic is out.

Not really. If I equip her with her Enhancer Terra is my strongest attacker, and giving it to Cloud or Luneth is a waste.

Maybe if I get another weapon that's serviceable outside of FFV and FFVI dungeons.

If anyone is farming Power Orbs to hone their break abilities, I just ran The Feymarch (Normal) - Queen's Trial 6 times and got a 3* Power Orb 5 out of those 6 times. I actually thought it was 100% until that last run didn't drop. If anyone is using FFRK Inspector and is also farming those orbs, check it out while running the tool. I'm curious to see what it looks like after 30+ samples.

StMeph

What I don't get is, why not simply Boost each of the Double Cut users and attack the boss directly with Double Cut? For each Double Cut, you get two attacks out of it anyway [even if you use it on the Retaliate user], so you don't gain anything in the end.

That would consume more uses of Boost, and generally use weaker characters with weaker weapons. Retaliate's strength is that you get to focus on your hardest hitter with your best weapon, and funnel all of the same number of attacks you would otherwise be making through that one character.

Nope, was playing fine this morning, now no dice :/

I've had that happen a couple times. I usually just kill the app, try again. Sometimes it takes a few tries. I think the server gets screwy sometimes and then fixes itself after some duration. How long has it been going on

Vorpal

Whaaaaat! I had no idea that Lesser Power/Wind Orbs were farmable outside of the daily. Time to get honing. Locke will need to wait a little bit.

That would consume more uses of Boost, and generally use weaker characters with weaker weapons. Retaliate's strength is that you get to focus on your hardest hitter with your best weapon, and funnel all of the same number of attacks you would otherwise be making through that one character.

One of the reasons I don't like Retaliate is because it also requires that your hardest hitter actually be able to use Retaliate. And not very many people can actually use Retaliate. Unless I'm fighting a boss with powerful counterattacks or who deals out so much damage I don't want anyone to be in the front row, I don't really think Retaliate meta buys you much fighting power.

I think people use it as a one-stop shop for every boss when often it's not required and might not even help much at all.

Whaaaaat! I had no idea that Lesser Power/Wind Orbs were farmable outside of the daily. Time to get honing. Locke will need to wait a little bit.

If you were referring to my post, I was talking about normal Power Orbs, not lesser. But for Lesser, Figaro Castle - 1st Floor is about 10 stamina / orb. Pretty good.

thedan001

If anyone is farming Power Orbs to hone their break abilities, I just ran The Feymarch (Normal) - Queen's Trial 6 times and got a 3* Power Orb 5 out of those 6 times. I actually thought it was 100% until that last run didn't drop. If anyone is using FFRK Inspector and is also farming those orbs, check it out while running the tool. I'm curious to see what it looks like after 30+ samples.

Will check that out! Thanks!

Can't use your inspector tool yet since the charger for my laptop frizzed out, got a new one coming in the mail. I'll use it once I can download it. Exciting stuff!

If you were referring to my post, I was talking about normal Power Orbs, not lesser. But for Lesser, Figaro Castle - 1st Floor is about 10 stamina / orb. Pretty good.

Try Opera House Classic - Left stairs, 6 stamina and waves of 3 mobs, I found that to be better for lesser power orbs. Give that a try too

chrono01

Cause you would lose precious turns boosting the Double Cut users instead of just using it once.

Also when you use retaliate, you can equip your best stuff on that character and every attack will hit with the same dmg.

Thanks you two, that makes sense.

I'll have to start using it more often. It sounds like it might be helpful.

Balphon

According to reddit all 30 dungeons of Locke's event take a combined total of 953 stamina.

So don't wait too long.

One of the reasons I don't like Retaliate is because it also requires that your hardest hitter actually be able to use Retaliate. And not very many people can actually use Retaliate. Unless I'm fighting a boss with powerful counterattacks or who deals out so much damage I don't want anyone to be in the front row, I don't really think Retaliate meta buys you much fighting power.

I think people use it as a one-stop shop for every boss when often it's not required and might not even help much at all.

I view it as a necessary evil to compensate for bad relic pulls and bs moves made to cause the player to extend mythril for resets. It is also quite a crutch for people to lean on rather than improve their gameplay or grind to improve skills for a more balanced approach.

Jyrii

Banned
Wohoo, I was able to master Library of the Ancients on elite.

Just have Castle Walse to do and Karnak Castle to master.

Vorpal

I was actually referring to a post about Solitary Island. I'll have to check out Figaro Castle as well. (Classic, I'm assuming?)

According to reddit all 30 dungeons of Locke's event take a combined total of 953 stamina.

So don't wait too long.

Using mythril to refresh stamina is a weakness of mine, and I'm sure I'll do that several times throughout the event. But you're right, that's a nutso amount of required stamina.

Negator

That may appear to be a lot of stamina, true, but think about it. Isn't it like 15 dungeons on normal and 15 dungeons on elite? That's a SHITLOAD of dungeons for an event.

what exactly is Lockes event?
I looked on reddit and it seemed like we're gonna be fighting all the FF6 bosses again...doesn't look fun at all. What's the actual goal and motivation of such madness?

Balphon

That may appear to be a lot of stamina, true, but think about it. Isn't it like 15 dungeons on normal and 15 dungeons on elite? That's a SHITLOAD of dungeons for an event.

Yeah, but like I mentioned before it seems to end a week from tomorrow and it takes almost precisely two days to regen that much stamina, so it's a fairly narrow amount of time.

Though the majority of the stamina cost is in the Elite half, so there's that.

Spocker

Been using your application cpp_is_king, like it this far and happily contributing some drop rates :) Do you have any plans of making an party optimizer tab?

Prototype

To be honest, I don't really understand the appeal of it.

From what I gather:

- Buff potential Retaliate user with Boost
- Retaliate user uses Retaliate
- Other members use Double Cut on Retaliate user
- Retaliate user attacks two times for each Double Cut

Unless I'm missing something?

Edit - I didn't think about giving Double Cut to my Mages. I didn't even think they could use it. >_<

Retaliate can't be countered and does full damage. A double cut does 2 hits, but less damage on each one.

Also, good luck wasting turns trying to boost every member of the party.

It's not complicated at all. It's also extremely efficient.

Is it worth me boosting up whats her face to use thundaja in the 6 event? considering Ive buggered about with ryida only to find out she cant use the highest level magic :/

rhino4evr

When do we get the Level 50 bonuses i keep hearing about? Anyone have a list of them and their use by character? Trying to determine who I need to level next

Wazzy

Banned
Finished all X elites with mastery! I only have two elites left for V but I'll hold off until Locke event is completed. Feels good having almost all elites done. xD
Not really. If I equip her with her Enhancer Terra is my strongest attacker, and giving it to Cloud or Luneth is a waste.

Maybe if I get another weapon that's serviceable outside of FFV and FFVI dungeons.

Ahhh okay nvm if Terra is currently your hardest hitter than the method is a littler harder.

B.K.

I did a single pull last night. It's been a while since I've done one. I got a five star Golden Lance (VI). I don't know who I"m going to give it to. I don't know who can use lances, other than Kain, and he's got his Relic weapon equipped. I don't want to ever remove it. Lancet is too good to lose.

Roto13

I kind of wish there was no daily relic pull. It's just pull the thing > get a 1 star > to the my inventory > sell it. Every day. Not worth the hassle. But there's always a tiny chance I'll get something useful so I keep doing it....

Plaguefox

I kind of wish there was no daily relic pull. It's just pull the thing > get a 1 star > to the my inventory > sell it. Every day. Not worth the hassle. But there's always a tiny chance I'll get something useful so I keep doing it....
One of the more successful parts of f2p design. Keeps you trying every day, but rarely ever gives anything out.

How to hook a gambler 101, except that unlike in gambling, even when you win you've won nothing. At least if you haven't spent a dime you haven't lost anything either.

rhino4evr

I got a 3 star pull once from a common pull. Everything else has been one star. I've probably pulled almost every day since the game was released. So yeah. The drop ratio is terrible on the common pull

It was a lot more useful when I was new to the game, but I've gotten some good stuff from it even recently so I don't mind.

Falk

that puzzling face
Try Opera House Classic - Left stairs, 6 stamina and waves of 3 mobs, I found that to be better for lesser power orbs. Give that a try too

Specifically, Opera House Left Stairs/Stage 2. I've gotten an average of ~1 per run, for a hand-wavey, low-sample-size 6stam/orb. We'll see now that cpp's data gathering is out in the while. :V

Wazzy

Banned
I think I saw a couple people get a 5* from free relic draw but obviousy that's extremely rare. I got a 3* once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom