• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
f4b5b0c0d1a19030d93c3701b3756718.png

Well then, I'd best go unlocke Locke I suppose.

Both of my character exclusive relics are Throwing Weapons lol, and I got both by spending money. I'm quite literally throwing my money away.

My only native 5 star is Josef's... I want that even if I'm not a huge Locke fan.

(Edit) I feel dirty as fuck... But finally a decent 5 star weapon!

Only one 5 star, but those 4 stars are super nice too.

Oh wow, already have one of those ff9 daggers... I cab make my first 6 star, or I can hold onto all 3 and wreck FF9 when it hits.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yo, AOE Thunder soul break on ANY character (that can use swords) is pretty sick.

edit: LOL bitching on GAF truly works, just got a Judgement Staff off a single pull.

Oh wow, already have one of those ff9 daggers... I cab make my first 6 star, or I can hold onto all 3 and wreck FF9 when it hits.

If you subscribe to the Retaliate meta, combining all 3 will probably give you more bang for your buck, but depends how filthy you feel doing that I guess.

Yo, AOE Thunder soul break on ANY character (that can use swords) is pretty sick.

edit: LOL bitching on GAF truly works, just got a Judgement Staff off a single pull.

Yeah it does, it's almost conspiracy levels of coincidence. Oh well, I'm not complaining... for a little while <_<

The question on the soul break is does it rely on a specific stat? Or is it fixed value? Would the break do more damage on D.Cecil (high attack) or Terra (high magic) or would it really matter at all? Might have to experiment, not that it matters too much since 99% of the time it'll be it's pure stats that matter. Not the highest attack, but still pretty huge and godly in this event in particular.

Razmos

Pretty jealous of that thunder sword honestly, that's what I was hoping for when I was doing my pull.

Yeah it does, it's almost conspiracy levels of coincidence. Oh well, I'm not complaining... for a little while <_<

The question on the soul break is does it rely on a specific stat? Or is it fixed value? Would the break do more damage on D.Cecil (high attack) or Terra (high magic) or would it really matter at all? Might have to experiment, not that it matters too much since 99% of the time it'll be it's pure stats that matter. Not the highest attack, but still pretty huge and godly in this event in particular.
It SOUNDS like an all enemy version of Thunder Strike, honestly. In the same way that the other shared soul break weapons are just renamed versions of existing attacks or soul breaks.

I'd imagine it scales with Attack, but I guess it's not very hard to test.

Falk

that puzzling face
Judging from the icon I'd say it works exactly like magic swords, but you have it, so it's up to you to test it :V

edit: Combat damage might be a slight mistranslation of physical damage? Gonna go check out JP wiki sites.

Falk

that puzzling face
Dude, you have a really kickass weapon lineup that'll go really, really far. I don't doubt you've been playing since launch (you have Tidus after all) but really, if you fixed the armor and got some good info on some important game mechanics (record synergy, core abilities, good character lineups) you'll start having less of a problem with the game.

It gets difficult, and it gets grindy, don't get me wrong.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Let me balance these great results being posted with the garbage sequence I just pulled, just so people don't feel discouraged when they also get trash:

D6aNukd.png
aA4dhxS.png
HxNsnmC.png

Pretty jealous of that thunder sword honestly, that's what I was hoping for when I was doing my pull.

Yeah the more I look at it, the more excited I am by it even though it wasn't on my radar originally. A sword usable by a majority of physical damage dealers with a unique soul break that anyone who can equip it can use and it only requiring 1 bar? I'd almost call it a top tier drop.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah the more I look at it, the more excited I am by it even though it wasn't on my radar originally. A sword usable by a majority of physical damage dealers with a unique soul break that anyone who can equip it can use and it only requiring 1 bar? I'd almost call it a top tier drop.

I think Mystery Veil has the potential to be just as hilarious. Stick it on your support/buff/debuff guy, suddenly EMERGENCY AOE HEAL while your healer also does healy stuff.

Red Mage

q0qpABJ.jpg

I've been stuck on content recently and saved up for a 50 mythril drop

Yep quitting this game

Those are decent pulls. You'll get two of the Diamond armor on Locke's elite, meaning you can make it a 3*++. It's not bad, since you get some good VI gear.

Shahadan

I'm finally not ashamed to use some mithril for stamina or rest :p
I have a lot and I'd rather spend it on that sometimes (like finishing vanille heroic event) than waste 5 of them for some shit I'll never use.

I was lucky enough with 5* so far after all.

I'm finally not ashamed to use some mithril for stamina or rest :p
I have a lot and I'd rather spend it on that sometimes (like finishing vanille heroic event) than waste 5 of them for some shit I'll never use.

I was lucky enough with 5* so far after all.

Yeah, thinking of dropping my daily mythril today just to get some extra daily farming in. I suddenly have a very large need for a lot of weapon upgrade material... I need to make my super 4*++ FF9 dagger and max out my shiny new thunder blade. Probably worth it since I'll likely be cutting the Locke event completion pretty close if I don't use any.

(edit) It's... so... beautiful... but my god did it cost a metric ton of gil to make...

I somehow get the feeling I'm not allowed to complain anymore, despite the majority of my 5*'s actually being 3++ and 4+...

(not pictured, Mythril Mail (FF6)++, Knight's Armor (FF1)+, Black Robe (FF4)+, Regal Gown (FF6)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Did a quick rare pull and got another 5* XIII Knuckles. Would it be better to level it up and keep a second copy, or combine with the one I have and make a 6*?

StMeph

I just YOLO rolled Locke's unique weapon as well. I think I'm going to keep rolling Locke's banner during this event anyway, because there are so many 5* weapons rate ups, even if they are non-character specific. True 5* weapons are in pretty short supply.

XiaNaphryz

Anyone have a suggestion? Holding off on using my weapon upgrades for now until I figure out what I'll do:

Did a quick rare pull and got another 5* XIII Knuckles. Would it be better to level it up and keep a second copy, or combine with the one I have and make a 6*?

Falk

that puzzling face
Jesus how do you guys achieve this...

Well, you're sitting on 28 pulls (133 Mythril)

That's about 3 5*s, 8 4*s and 17 3*s, some of which are dupes and combine-able.

Anyone have a suggestion? Holding off on using my weapon upgrades for now until I figure out what I'll do:

I personally have a hard time ever seeing 2 fist users in a lineup, but it could happen. Especially considering the lack of XIII gear, you could say "screw retaliate" and actually put two fist users in and punch things to death.

XiaNaphryz

I personally have a hard time ever seeing 2 fist users in a lineup, but it could happen. Especially considering the lack of XIII gear, you could say "screw retaliate" and actually put two fist users in and punch things to death.

I have Tifa at level 50, so she'd be the one using the other weapon if I keep it separate.

I'm done with the Vanille event though, got every reward and just need to finish and master Heroic. Is that worth it?

So I'm leaning towards combining it and getting a 6*, unless the future Elite XIII dungeons are difficult enough to warrant having a second weapon.

Falk

that puzzling face
The next set of dungeons do indeed end off with XIII. Probably 6 days' time. You could hold off till then if unsure.

Jesus how do you guys achieve this...

OTOH I just got the Power Wrist from Vanille's event (30 000 Memories). Never again.

Locke's event is even more boring than the Fire Factory.

Not really that hard... as I said, most of those are 3++ and 4+ items so they look more impressive than they really are. If you do all of the main story missions and their elites you end up with plenty of mythril for drops.

(Edit) You're literally not doing any pulls and then wondering why people who do pulls have nice things? *boggle*

IMO Never been a better time to do pulls since there are generic limit break gear now.

Not really that hard... as I said, most of those are 3++ and 4+ items so they look more impressive than they really are. If you do all of the main story missions and their elites you end up with plenty of mythril for drops.

(Edit) You're literally not doing any pulls and then wondering why people who do pulls have nice things? *boggle*

IMO Never been a better time to do pulls since there are generic limit break gear now.

10 more Mythril and I am doing my first 11 relic pull.

Will post pre and post screenshots :p

I need that Spear and Lightning Sword.

Had to delete and reinstall the app to get it to work again, thankfully no progress lost outside of a day that could have been spent farming anima

Had to delete and reinstall the app to get it to work again, thankfully no progress lost outside of a day that could have been spent farming anima

Guys, if you have at least 2 different devices:

- iPhone
- iPad
- Android phone

etc.

it is *CRUCIAL* to link them from within the app :

1) SAVE GAME via the One Time Code
2) and then LOAD GAME in the other app (via the One Time Code)

it works between different systems (iOS vs Android) and different devices. It saved my ass once.

Hell, if your wife or gf has an Android phone do it on her phone. I have the game installed on 3 devices and because all the saving happens in the cloud I can instantly move between the devices and contiune there.

XiaNaphryz

- iPhone
- iPad
- Android phone

etc.

it works between different systems (iOS vs Android) and different devices. It saved my ass once.

Hell, if your wife or gf has an Android phone do it on her phone. I have the game installed on 3 devices and because all the saving happens in the cloud I can instantly move between the devices and contiune there.

Wait, so once it's linked I don't have to continually save/load between devices? I was holding off because I wasn't sure.

- iPhone
- iPad
- Android phone

etc.

Good to know thanks

Well last 5 mythril pull till the next event... Don't know why I bother I always get shitty pulls and never get a good character specific 5*

Come on complaining to GAF giving the goods!!!

(edit) Damn, there must be a daily or per event limit to gaf whining...

Wait, so once it's linked I don't have to continually save/load between devices? I was holding off because I wasn't sure.

Yes!!! it is a ONE TIME ONLY action. From then it is invisible to you via the power of cloud (I'd guess).

For me the best part is that it is cross-device and cross-system. Really, all mobile games should follow the same suit.

Roto13

Not one of the 5* relics I was hoping for, but I won't complain. I used the Crystal Sword and Crystal Helm to upgrade my existing ones to 5*, so I'm actually pleased with this pull.

Think I'll do it again when I build up those last 5 mythril.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man.

Celes with synergy is still slightly outclassed by Cloud without synergy if you're not counting the ability to use magic. Still gonna use her over Cloud though because her Soul Break is stupid useful for the last boss.

I am sad.

edit: On the flipside, RS Cyan is better than Cloud (only 2ATK less than Sephiroth) while having a shit ton more defense.

Man.

Celes with synergy is still slightly outclassed by Cloud without synergy if you're not counting the ability to use magic. Still gonna use her over Cloud though because her Soul Break is stupid useful for the last boss.

I am sad.

edit: On the flipside, RS Cyan is better than Cloud (only 2ATK less than Sephiroth) while having a shit ton more defense.

Yeah... sadly Celes is mostly garbage tier... She's currently using the Thunder Blade which puts her just a little bit above Snow with Giants fist without synergy.

i just spent money on this game.thankfully, it was only £2.29 and it got me a mystery veil so yeah, kinda' worth it!
now i just have to stop myself ever spending any more on it.

Man.

I am sad.

i am sad too. celes and tifa are pretty rubbish but i love them so. haven't even got tifa on my game as i missed the event. super sad!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah... sadly Celes is mostly garbage tier... She's currently using the Thunder Blade which puts her just a little bit above Snow with Giants fist without synergy.

Honestly though, you can use almost any character you like and it won't matter. I just use my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom