• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireVoa

4sli1xK.jpg

Is it worth investing some eggs on Celes (shes very underleveled) to make the Elites easier or should i use them on Locke? Im only one stage away from unlocking him and moving onto Elites. Was originally going to save them for Squall but im debating what to do atm.

Also, additional input is great too.

Edit: Forgot to mention i have enough eggs to take a character from 1-45.

GAMERG0D

So I'm looking at Cloud, Cyan, Celes, and Locke's stats and I dunno if Locke is worth leveling considering he has the lowest attack of the 4. Might as well run the elites with the first 3. I pulled a Main Gauche 3* in a daily and there are two in the elites for mastery so I can get my first 5* and put it on someone along with two Greatswords 4*.

Roto13

That glove is pretty useful considering the dearth of strong vii weapons and tifa synergy.

I don't really use anyone who punches, but it is better than my current best glove (Venom Claws) so that's a nice bonus, too.

Not the best pull I've ever gotten but I'm not unhappy with it. Unlike the Vanille pull I did on a whim and got one useful item (a FFX sword) and no 5 stars. Really wish I had kept that mythril to do another pull on this current banner.

Wazzy

Banned
Ughhhhhhhh I want to do some pullssssss but I must hold offffffffffffff

If Tidus ends up as the next event I'm going to do one pull for his weapon because I use him a lot in my party and getting his weapon would be great.

Noi

So I'm looking at Cloud, Cyan, Celes, and Locke's stats and I dunno if Locke is worth leveling considering he has the lowest attack of the 4. Might as well run the elites with the first 3. I pulled a Main Gauche 3* in a daily and there are two in the elites for mastery so I can get my first 5* and put it on someone along with two Greatswords 4*.

It depends on how you look at it. Locke w/ Record Synergy is gonna have more attack than Cloud and Celes (assuming even levels among all three). Cyan has the same attack as Locke, but his weapon choices suck if you don't have a good katana or dagger. My level 38-ish Locke with a crystal sword is already doing more damage than level 50 Cyan because Cyan has to use the Main Gauche instead of a real weapon.

Celes is garbage. She is outdamaged by Cyan, Kain, Cecil, Cloud etc. And outmagicked by Terra, Rydia, Rinoa etc.

She was in my main team until I was forced to swap her for another character for some Event.

Never looked back.

Wazzy

Banned
Locke get! I'm out of stamina so I'll just let it charge and then I'll attempt the elites.
I'm really tempted to do another paid pull but I have plenty of vi synergy and a ton of equips I need to combine and upgrade as is. Those new relics are very tempting.
If you're really wanting the relics I say go for it!

I'm saving paid pulls only for relics I really want like VIII banners but might make an exception with Tidus relic.

Noi

I thought she was still really useful for the Phoneix fight because of the Magic Shield. Can you get by without her mitigation here?

Magic Shield is really good against the Red Dragon, yeah. Even when using the Reflect strat to get it to waste turns, that extra mitigation is the difference between life and death for some characters, specially once it enters its Very Weak mode. Water Strike with the Falchion+ and a Hero's Ring was doing ~5k damage each, which isnt bad.

Falk

that puzzling face
I thought she was still really useful for the Phoneix fight because of the Magic Shield. Can you get by without her mitigation here?

If you have like 10 shots of Magic Break, probably not.

Otherwise, any point without protection is asking for trouble.

As far as I can tell (not 100% sure, but this is from messing around during the normal mode clear on multiple S/Ls), the boss only dispells reflect instead of casting an AOE, or casting a spell that would have hit it. In other words, Reflect isn't a 'lol boss doesn't do anythinig more' mode but rather a 'lol the boss won't 1-shot your party with AOE abilities'. Hence you still want magic break or some form of mitigation up.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Yeah, her Magic Shield is really the main reason you'd want to use her in certain boss fights, otherwise if you have better options elsewhere for attack or magic there's no real need for her.

Noi

The boss will use a turn dispelling the reflect, but its really not as easy as that yeah. He'll spend a turn on that, but unless he's also slowed, he's very likely to get a turn and blast your party before you can get a second reflect up. It basically saves you from x number of his attacks, so you want to save them until the tail end of the fight when he starts casting Flare Star and Southern Cross, which do massive damage to all party members.

Of course, you also need Def because the dragon does single target physical attacks that hit hard. Blind Buster does the trick, but getting it AND Venom Buster to land can be... eh. If I have to choose between the two, Poison is a lot more crucial than Blind.

The fight is a balance between killing it quickly and not completely blowing all your abilities at the start, because the dragon gets more lethal the lower his HP is, so you want to be able to blitz him once his HP is at a certain point.

slyph

Neo Member
Celes actually was upgraded in Japan so she gets quite a bit better. Currently on global she is crap but if you hold out she will get pretty good.

Global:
59OPgmi.png

Japan:
E41kacN.png

Wazzy

Banned
Red Dragon fight sounds brutal(though I suppose it could be worse like three boss fights in a row) but I'm considering trying it once I get Locke levelled up.

Yogg

I was not prepared enough for heroic Ultros in Esper Caves. I got my ass handed to me repeatedly on his second phase. Next time I'll get reflect and intimidate ready, I hope it goes better.

edit: second time went flawlessly with reflect up just before second phase and intimidate landing right after. Crazy how a simple thing such as reflect can turn things around !

Roto13

I already have a diamond vest. I'm going to have enough for another ad-hoc 5* today. :p

I shall look forward to that day... She's good enough synergy wise for right now so I won't complain too much.

Second time you've posted an image I can't see for some reason. Weird.

I think Minus is being weird lately. I can't see it embedded any more, either, but it still works if I visit it directly, or refresh.

I like how the Locke event background is just the World Map.

Elite is World of Ruin. :p

Teiran

So I hadn't done a rare relic draw--single or 10+1--since failing to pull a single 5* from 44 (edit: 37, derp) tries at Terra's banner, and just now I decided to climb out of the salt mines on a whim because, really, how long can you hold a grudge against RNG?

...okay.

I'd trade at least three of these for an Enhancer.

So I hadn't done a rare relic draw--single or 10+1--since failing to pull a single 5* from 44 tries at Terra's banner, and just now I decided to climb out of the salt mines on a whim because, really, how long can you hold a grudge against RNG?

...okay.

I'd trade at least three of these for an Enhancer.

44 pulls? You paid money for that?

Razmos

I think i've bought 9 draws in total over the last... month.

I'm very unlikely to do that again anytime soon. I'm not against spending money on a game I enjoy though, and I've had decent luck so far.

I think i've bought 9 draws in total over the last... month.

I'm very unlikely to do that again anytime soon. I'm not against spending money on a game I enjoy though, and I've had decent luck so far.

9 total pulls or 9 11 draws? If the latter, then wooh boy!

I'll pay for an 11 pull a month I've decided. Only on banners that I have shit RS, meaning for now X, IX, XIII I think. The rest I have reasonably good to really good synergy.

Plus, I've done the math, I need 490k gil just to combine the stuff I have now, not including upgrade costs once combined. I won't let myself pay for a pull until I get that sorted out.

Razmos

9 total pulls or 9 11 draws? If the latter, then wooh boy!

I'll pay for an 11 pull a month I've decided. Only on banners that I have shit RS, meaning for now X, IX, XIII I think. The rest I have reasonably good to really good synergy.

Plus, I've done the math, I need 490k gil just to combine the stuff I have now, not including upgrade costs once combined. I won't let myself pay for a pull until I get that sorted out.
Nah, 3 rounds of 3 pulls

Roto13

All these people getting awesome relics. Makes me want to do a bunch of single pulls and spend some mythril expanding my inventory.

Does anyone use summons regularly? For all getting orbs is generally kept for events, I haven't really felt the need to use the summons I have nor create any more.

Falk

that puzzling face
They're going to destroy things for farming with the recharge Record Materia.

Right now most bosses are single target endurance tests which go directly against what summons are good for (AOE burst). And those same bosses are the ones that need the most min-max.

They were p. useful in some of the last batch of paintings though - Deathclaw and his goons, Shiva and her goons, that second Kilika boss and its goons, for example. Leaving those adds up for too long = HURT.

edit:

rofl I feel like a chump - event gives two Main Gauche, and I already had one, so I was all FFFYEAAAAH, and I upgraded and combined it fully. As a 20/20 3*++ with Record Synergy it gives 113ATK.

In the same situation, the 15/15 2*++ Greatsword this event (and Celes or Terra prior) handed out gives 115ATK.

image.php

I want my Scarletite and Gil back.

Razmos

They're going to destroy things for farming with the recharge Record Materia.

Right now most bosses are single target endurance tests which go directly against what summons are good for (AOE burst). And those same bosses are the ones that need the most min-max.

They were p. useful in some of the last batch of paintings though - Deathclaw and his goons, Shiva and her goons, that second Kilika boss and its goons, for example. Leaving those adds up for too long = HURT.
As someone who doesn't have Bladeblitz or Quake, the Dragon Summon was really useful for farming Flans during the Celes event.

Roto13

Does anyone use summons regularly? For all getting orbs is generally kept for events, I haven't really felt the need to use the summons I have nor create any more.

They're great for clearing out mobs. And once Record Materia hits, the Summoner's materia will make them a lot more viable. You'll get a free recharge on every floor.

GAMERG0D

Celes actually was upgraded in Japan so she gets quite a bit better. Currently on global she is crap but if you hold out she will get pretty good.

Global:
59OPgmi.png

Japan:
E41kacN.png
Yeah my earlier comments about comparing her to the other characters were based on the Japan buff. Woops. Might level Locke then.

Pejo

So I had been saving up my mythril for so long for Locke, wanted that Rising Sun. Do 2 11 pulls, get 3 4*'s and 2 5*s, Zanketsuken and the golden spear. =/ Still, my first two natural 5* weapons.

Razmos

Locke get :3

Used all my Growth Eggs to get him to level 38, then upgraded Rising Sun to the max level. Hmm, so ready.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... WHAT?

I used 100 Mythril on this banner and the announcement wasn't correct??? That's totally bogus. When this happened in Japan before, didn't they refund the spent Mythril? I think they should do the same here for presenting false information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom