• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... WHAT?

I used 100 Mythril on this banner and the announcement wasn't correct??? That's totally bogus. When this happened in Japan before, didn't they refund the spent Mythril? I think they should do the same here for presenting false information.

Announcement was wrong but banner was right. I think that JP had wrong info on the banner. Might be enough of a difference for them.

Flambe

Announcement was wrong but banner was right. I think that JP had wrong info on the banner. Might be enough of a difference for them.

Eh when other companies give out mithril equivalent for spelling errors this is mildly disappointing. Not to get all entitled-gamer, it is what it is lol.

Roto13

These Elites are going so slowly. Lots of stamina cost with no shards to recharge. I'm afraid to take a break to get some scarletite for my new weapons.

Eh when other companies give out mithril equivalent for spelling errors this is mildly disappointing. Not to get all entitled-gamer, it is what it is lol.
It shouldn't be the responsibility of the player to make sure there are no discrepancies between announcements and banners. (Especially in regard to things that use Mythril/real life money.) And even if I had noticed, how would I know which one has the correct info?

I sent them a support ticket. I really hope they offer a Mythril refund, because the whole reason I used that much because it was the best chance to score a 5* to date. I wasn't aiming for any specific relic, just the increased chance to get some.

It shouldn't be the responsibility of the player to make sure there are no discrepancies between announcements and banners. (Especially in regard to things that use Mythril/real life money.) And even if I had noticed, how would I know which one has the correct info?

I sent them a support ticket. I really hope they offer a Mythril refund, because the whole reason I used that much because it was the best chance to score a 5* to date. I wasn't aiming for any specific relic, just the increased chance to get some.

Not defending the company, I just try to imagine their reasoning. Good luck!

Flambe

Yeah for sure that's disappointing on top of the already shitty gatcha rate (in my experience so far anyway).

Hope you get a positive response from them. I blew $200 of Play credit for paltry few decent drops on top of all the other garbage from earned Mythril so I feel your pain lol.

Not defending the company, I just try to imagine their reasoning. Good luck!

Yeah for sure that's disappointing on top of the already shitty gatcha rate (in my experience so far anyway).

Hope you get a positive response from them. I blew $200 of Play credit for paltry few decent drops on top of all the other garbage from earned Mythril so I feel your pain lol.
Thanks. I'm not some kind of person that would try to game the system, but I feel like the in this case it deserves a refund. They really need to check those announcements more carefully before publishing them.

Road

Behind as usual, but I took the Anima Heroic Master weight off my shoulder.

No mythril spent, but I did get a level up for Vanille and Rinoa (thanks to carefully placed growth eggs), and made sure to get only one Anima in the path. Countless s/l...
j1u57.png

Soon, Danjuro won't be my lonely 5* anymore. I will try to get that Diamond Vest to a fake 5* thanks to the Locke event.

But I still need to finish the 125k crystals from Vanille first...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I just noticed I'm only three 4* Wind Orbs away from honing Bladeblitz, from event rewards and Liquid Flame/Anima drops. It's nice to know there won't be much Humbaba-ing in my future.

Up to Magitek Factory Elite on the event. Having rewards doing their flashy thing one after the other after each boss is way more satisfying than trading magicite, haha.

Keep at it. It's not that bad. I'm 1 hard run away from it, despite starting late. I farmed the Lenna event until the very end.

I'm just salty as I couldn't get the dumb game to work all day yesterday when I was perpetually trapped in an airport doing nothing. Now I have to be back at work which makes playing the game more difficult.

Fuu

I'm just salty as I couldn't get the dumb game to work all day yesterday when I was perpetually trapped in an airport doing nothing. Now I have to be back at work which makes playing the game more difficult.
Oh man, that sucks. No 4G or Wi-fi? I just realized that since the game launched I haven't been in a situation where I couldn't deplete some stamina, I'd probably have withdrawals if I couldn't play for a few seconds to at least enter a dungeon to get it below the max.

thedan001

I got a Rising Sun and 2 Mystery Veils.
Combine both veils or keep them separate for 2x aoe heal soul break? The defense stats aren't good on it

Thoughts?

Oh man, that sucks. No 4G or Wi-fi? I just realized that since the game launched I haven't been in a situation where I couldn't deplete some stamina, I'd probably have withdrawals if I couldn't play for a few seconds to at least enter a dungeon to get it below the max.

App just wouldn't work I couldn't tell if it was due to too much interference at the airport and was too afraid to delete/redownload the app yesterday. When I woke up today and found the game still didn't work on my home wifi I knew it was delete/reinstall time.

NeoForte

Finally gathered 50 Mythril again... I want a Binding Rod but some of the 6 weapons and armors are kinda sweet. Then again I could get some XIII stuff since there's barely any drops for that...

Any reason why this event is so short?

Not that I'm dying to 100% both running events, but I feel like I'll probably have to choose one if I decide to do either.

And the XIII event is kind of poo, so. Or is a (sort of) free Thundaja really worth it?

Finally completed Vanille Heroic. And got my Thundaja. I'm afraid Mastery is beyond me... I can never get more than expert on the mobs :(

Back to Locke Elite!

Roto13

I got a Rising Sun and 2 Mystery Veils.
Combine both veils or keep them separate for 2x aoe heal soul break? The defense stats aren't good on it

Thoughts?

I would definitely keep them separate. Two healing soul breaks will probably save your life someday.

Vorpal

I've had to flee from Red Dragon elite twice now because my setup just wasn't cutting it. Pretty much all of my ability creating/honing and gear combining decisions in this game have skewed towards overwhelming enemies with burst physical damage, so I don't have much in the way of honed water/ice spells or Magic/Mental Breakdown.

Watching this video of someone going all out with Blizzaga/Blizzard Strike/Shiva etc. and even they have a pretty tough go of things. (Though they actually kill the damn dragon, which is more than I can say.)

Still determined to make a physical-heavy strategy work with what I have, just need to figure out how. HMMMMM.

Falk

that puzzling face
re: Physical-focused:

I'm holding off because I'm taking my time to manually farm up Locke (Growth Eggs are probably going to end up like Megalixirs lol save them forever then the game's over and you still have them) and to see if Record Materia drops in 5 days (1 day leeway to finish off Locke dungeon) but this is what I'm planning. May change depending on availability of Record Materia

Cyan -
- Maneater+ 4*+ (~135ATK)
- Crystal Helm 4*+
- Hyper Wrist
- - Retaliate x8
- - Magic Break x6

Lenna
- Judgement Staff 5*
- White Dress+ 3*+
- Angel Ring
- - Curaga x12
- - Slowga x4

Locke
- Greatsword++ 2*++ (115 ATK)
- Ninja Gear++ 2*++
- Hero Ring
- - Venom Buster x4
- - Boost x8

Terra
- Gravity Rod 4*
- Beret+ 2*+ (lol)
- Angel Wings
- - Watera x8
- - Reflect x6

Celes
- Greatsword++ 2*++
- Diamond Vest 3*
- Hyper Wrist
- - Armor Break x6
- - Double Cut x10

Thoughts:
- Everything focused on Retaliate. Cyan has the best ATK stuff I can pile on him, and Boost/Armor Break capitalizes on it. While Cyan is slower than Sephiroth it hardly matters when he just needs to keep Retaliate (and Magic Break) up. Also has more def than Seph with RS, albeit 10% less hp.
- Lenna is in there because her soul break is really useful vs aoe damage. She might be too fragile though considering no 5* armor, so the alternative is swapping for Aerith.
- Celes is in there mainly for Soul Break, and the damage dealt works out to be more when double cutting Cyan vs using Water Strike herself even with the vulnerability, because of Cyan's massive ATK and Boost.
- May actually swap Celes for Cloud since Cloud tanks more damage, lets me use my 4* Diamond Armor, and has Braver (I have a Buster Sword... outclassed in VI but the Soul Break may help with the burst needed for final phase, even if at the cost of mitigation)
- Other shit may change depending on availability (or not) of Record Materia in a few days time.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm screwed in the character synergy department since Terra is at level 1.

I'm hoping the dragon is beatable without all characters being from VI. If I can get Locke to 50 it will really help.

Jyrii

Banned
The first three Legendary Plunder elites have been suspiciously easy
though I have amazing equipment.

I forgot the game on and won Vargas with auto attack.

Wazzy

Banned
The first three Legendary Plunder elites have been suspiciously easy
though I have amazing equipment.

I forgot the game on and won Vargas with auto attack.
They're def easy in the beginning but I believe they get much harder as you go on, similar to Rinoa event.

I mastered 4 of the later dungeons on elite, Magitek to Esper Caves and finished up getting Thundaja. I now have Curaja to 6 uses. Though I've been doing these elites with my 10 Curagas.

Vorpal

re: Physical-focused

So I just beat him with this setup: http://i.imgur.com/8BVfchI.png

2 medals shy of Mastery thanks to a last-minute Southern Cross that wiped out three people. If only he hadn't cast that...! In general, though, this was a really sloppy run. I was determined not to use a mythril revive, so I got to the Red Dragon with 0 Armor Breaks, 0 Water Strikes (Cloud) and 3 Retaliate. I'm going to tweak things a bit and try a no-mythril Mastery run again after I've cleared some other elites.

Some notes:

- I S/L'ed until Blind, Slow, and Poison all landed on the first try. Blind + Slow + Kirin means that regen keeps everyone topped out so long as Red Dragon sticks to a 2:1 ratio of melee attacks and Fireball. I only ever needed to use Curaga when someone ate a Flare.

- Mystery Veil + Aerith, Status Reels, and Magic Shield were all really big factors in my survivability and damage output. Magic Shield was basically a reverse Magic Break and helped a lot during the Flare/Flare Star phase (though it was still no match for Southern Cross).

- Retaliate doesn't seem nearly as useful here as it was for Anima. Even with Zantetsuken (bootleg 7*) + Boost, Cloud was averaging something like 2500-3000 per hit. I was expecting more. Though Status Reels definitely helped with burst, and I really shouldn't have used Armor Breaks on trash.
I'm an idiot

Lots of room for improvement. I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you. You've got a clear edge on honed abilities

Noi

Don't bother holding onto Growth Eggs. In the short time I played the JPN version of record keeper, I'd amasses more of those things than I'e gotten since the Global version came out. EXP rains from the heavens.

Almost most back there. I opted to swap Cyan for Cloud cause he has way better ability choices and their stats are pretty much the same even with RS. Cyan really is terrible, though I might tag him back in for fights that don't use elemental weaknesses.

Locke's four levels higher than last time. Dunno what I'll consider a good point before retrying the cave.

Falk

that puzzling face
I was also planning to Mythril refresh :V

Like, blow everything on the trash, die, refresh with N O R E G E R T S and go nuts

I'm totally fine with using 1 (and only 1, that's my limit for now) Mythril per event, which translates to roughly one less morsel of disappointment per month.

My Retaliate should hit for ~2.1k-2.3k, but I think I've sorted out longevity anyway.

Vorpal

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I got no problems with using a mythril refresh for Mastery. That's what I did for Vanille. I just like the challenge of trying without.

Noi

Man, the comments for the Strategy Site are youtube-quality sometimes. More posts about how the elites are ridiculous and REQUIRE spending money than trying to figure out how to beat them.

Ultima Weapon, Nepala and Air Force seems like they can be trivialized with Intimidate. Just need to figure out what I'm gonna do about Ultros & Typhoon before Air Force.

re: Physical-focused:

I'm holding off because I'm taking my time to manually farm up Locke (Growth Eggs are probably going to end up like Megalixirs lol save them forever then the game's over and you still have them) and to see if Record Materia drops in 5 days (1 day leeway to finish off Locke dungeon) but this is what I'm planning. May change depending on availability of Record Materia

Cyan -
- Maneater+ 4*+ (~135ATK)
- Crystal Helm 4*+
- Hyper Wrist
- - Retaliate x8
- - Magic Break x6

Lenna
- Judgement Staff 5*
- White Dress+ 3*+
- Angel Ring
- - Curaga x12
- - Slowga x4

Locke
- Greatsword++ 2*++ (115 ATK)
- Ninja Gear++ 2*++
- Hero Ring
- - Venom Buster x4
- - Boost x8

Terra
- Gravity Rod 4*
- Beret+ 2*+ (lol)
- Angel Wings
- - Watera x8
- - Reflect x6

Celes
- Greatsword++ 2*++
- Diamond Vest 3*
- Hyper Wrist
- - Armor Break x6
- - Double Cut x10

Thoughts:
- Everything focused on Retaliate. Cyan has the best ATK stuff I can pile on him, and Boost/Armor Break capitalizes on it. While Cyan is slower than Sephiroth it hardly matters when he just needs to keep Retaliate (and Magic Break) up. Also has more def than Seph with RS, albeit 10% less hp.
- Lenna is in there because her soul break is really useful vs aoe damage. She might be too fragile though considering no 5* armor, so the alternative is swapping for Aerith.
- Celes is in there mainly for Soul Break, and the damage dealt works out to be more when double cutting Cyan vs using Water Strike herself even with the vulnerability, because of Cyan's massive ATK and Boost.
- May actually swap Celes for Cloud since Cloud tanks more damage, lets me use my 4* Diamond Armor, and has Braver (I have a Buster Sword... outclassed in VI but the Soul Break may help with the burst needed for final phase, even if at the cost of mitigation)
- Other shit may change depending on availability (or not) of Record Materia in a few days time.

Don't swap Lenna for Aerith. If anything swap her for Vanille. Save your Wateras for the end and have Vanille use Deshellga, it'll do more damage than having Cyan retaliate once.

Wazzy

Banned
I want to use my eggs but I'm worried I won't have enough to get Squall to 50 if I use them.

Still, I should maybe get Locke to 40 at least with some of them.

thedan001

Weapon material daily ended but I was auto-attacking heroic easy with all FFVI characters and Locke lv40, most gear were FFVI variants too

Synergy is fun

All classic dungeon Elites done :)

Now just on to Lockes events elites now. I have almost a full set of synergy armour and weapons. DK Cecil has a attack stat of over 300. Nice.

I leveled up Locke to 45 from growth eggs. I'm not even sure he'll big a big part of my party in the future but I figured why not. Then I tried the phoenix elite and got wrecked. The thing has so much armor I can hardly deal enough damage without armor break so next time I'll try saving all my armor breaks etc..

As usual though, I need 3* orbs to power up things like blizzaga though. There is a certain amount of frustration in how they are holding back abilities from being available in the game.

Noi

*blinks*

So, Fire Dragon might not be the sole PITA this event has to offer. That was a hail Mary 900 damage attack victory, though it involved way less S/L abuse since I only needed to land one status effect.

At least I didn't spend any mythril on this one. Definitely want to upgrade Intimidate to level 3 at the least, plus make some other tweaks that I could have made but opted not to for god knows what reason.

Wazzy

Banned
Upgrading some VI gear and I now have a 5* gravity rod though I'm wondering if Rinoa should use it instead. What I might do is boost Terra up and give it to her so I can kick Rydia out.

I'm wondering once I upgrade and combine the VI gear I have if it's still worth putting on my other characters. Locke has a Falchion 5* but I have a Genji shield on him. Should I change it for a 4* mythril armor or is the synergy boost not that great in comparison?

Fuu

I wish Lenna could equip Boost, it's the only thing that keeps Aerith as my go-to support character. Not really an issue though, Lenna's RES aside their stats don't differ that much.

I might have to use growth eggs on Cyan and Locke, the trash in the latter half of the Elites is starting to not fuck around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom