• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drac

Message to all who want to sync your save across multiple devices.
Start the game on the new device, when it's asking for Tyro name, select the transfer option, input the code or wathever from the other device and reboot the game. I didn't reboot, did you the tutorial and got scared the all time that my save might have been erased by the new one x) eck I even got a mythril from the 3 months anniversary but I not sure it ended up in my existing save.
Anyway don't play too much with the system, just for giggle I wanted to launch two fights on my two devices at the same time just to see how it was handled (developper job conditioning), after little while when it resync from the server you will either get one or the other device state on both, but you will lose the stamina from both :p (I won't play with that anymore, too scared to corrupt my save !)

Falk

that puzzling face
Upgrading some VI gear and I now have a 5* gravity rod though I'm wondering if Rinoa should use it instead. What I might do is boost Terra up and give it to her so I can kick Rydia out.

I'm wondering once I upgrade and combine the VI gear I have if it's still worth putting on my other characters. Locke has a Falchion 5* but I have a Genji shield on him. Should I change it for a 4* mythril armor or is the synergy boost not that great in comparison?

Falchion++ is inferior to Greatsword++

Greatsword++ hits a whopping 115ATK

Wazzy

Banned
^ oh well then that's better for me then lol
Falchion++ is inferior to Greatsword++

Greatsword++ hits a whopping 115ATK
Problem is that I think I sold my original pair and the new ones because I thought I wouldn't need them with the old pair no longer around for combining. :p

But yeah I've got my Blitzblades and they still hit hard but obvious more damage could be done with more VI gear. I have a dagger I can combine and the armor they give away too which should help out if it's more useful than Genji.

My abilities are all ready to go for later bosses so we'll see how far I can level Locke and Terra before tackling the later elites(I'm at the crane bosses) so that they'll be much easier.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I breezed all the way to Vector Elite while leveling up Cyan + Locke and only changing spells for mastery, but Flame Eater stopped me on my tracks. Time to start paying attention, equip all the RS appropriate gear, etc.

xbVuRio.png

So close.

Fuu

My first 11 pull and everything was 3 stars. Good times.
Came in to post the same thing except mine was my second. Really encouraging :(
Sorry guys, not getting at least one 5* in your first couple of 11 pulls must suck ass. I had my first legitimately crap 11 pull the other day and it still hurt.

Flame eater: I will admit I forgot that the no ice req extends to his minions, :(
That kind of requirement is so mean, I can't say I'm looking forward to Red Dragon lol.

Noi

Did two more single pulls. Got a third Flametongue (VI), which now gives me a +125 sword in VI realms, convenient for this elite.

Also pulled a Thornlet (V), which'll be great for when I get back to doing those pesky dungeons.

(I'm glad a full inventory stopped me from pulling more.)

Fake edit: I succumbed and did one more as I typed this. Finally got my first natural 5* melee weapon... a Golden Spear.

I guess I was bound to have my spoiled brat moment eventually. :lol Talk about getting something with limited usability.

Razmos

Did two more single pulls. Got a third Flametongue (VI), which now gives me a +125 sword in VI realms, convenient for this elite.

Also pulled a Thornlet (V), which'll be great for when I get back to doing those pesky dungeons.

(I'm glad a full inventory stopped me from pulling more.)

Fake edit: I succumbed and did one more as I typed this. Finally got my first natural 5* melee weapon... a Golden Spear.

I guess I was bound to have my spoiled brat moment eventually. :lol Talk about getting something with limited usability.
I know the feeling, I really want to use my Golden Spear for the VI synergy, but I cannot justify putting Kain or Tyro in my party to use it :/

Jyrii

Banned
I breezed all the way to Vector Elite while leveling up Cyan + Locke and only changing spells for mastery, but Flame Eater stopped me on my tracks. Time to start paying attention, equip all the RS appropriate gear, etc.

Good to know that Thamasa is the turning point. I'm at Opera house and I have breezed everything without changing any skills (I have nearly every element equipped though).

Just switched Lv50 Cloud for Lv30 Locke.

Wazzy

Banned
I almost gave in and did an 11 pull but last minute decided against it. I'm fine attempting these elites with the abilities and gear I have and it allows me to continue saving for the Tidus and Squall pulls.

These final 5 elites are hard as balls... I'm absolutely DECKED in FF6 synergy gear and I'm still having problems with trash mobs, it's fairly ridiculous.

Just realized we have 5 more days of mythril. Event ends on the 8th.

So is it worth it to upgrade a 1* Cotton Robe all the way to five star for the synergy or naw
Items can only be upgraded twice. So a 1 star item at ++ becomes 3 stars (although, weaker than native 3 star gear).

As for if it's worth while to get Cotton Robe ++, that IDK. Someone else will have to chime in.

Through thamasa leaving five elites left.

Today will be a break for me from that to grind the two dailies.

Goals:
Hone magic break to 3
Hone intimidate to 2
Double cut (my2nd) to 4

Total 30 power orbs and 19 lpos

Also, 100k Gil for curaga to 4
100k Gil for reflect to 4,which would require be to get another 18 white orbs
The Gil for the above upgrades
Gil for needed equip combining, 490k

So a tall task.

I have zero confidence in scoring greater orbs, so I'm focusing on honing level 2s and 3s.

My water strike is 2, my watera is 3, I figure both are good enough, may try for water strike level 3 but that doesn't seem too useful long term.

Fuu

aghtWkx.png

Sweet Jesus. My last hit was a paltry Trance Attack. Turn down for what!

His nonstop AOE Magnitude 8 and Aqua Breath after he casts Haste and Protect are some crazy shit in this Event version of Esper Caves Elite, and he still has a lot of HP left during that. If only Thundaja hit over 9999. I obviously didn't get the mastery, but he at least had the decency of dropping a 4* Holy Orb.

Biggest problem with water strike is it takes away 2* power orbs from your retaliates and double cuts

D:

Well, yes of course! That is a trade off...

On another note, saw something on reddit about combining Josef's giant glove break with Phoenix. Since that's the only attack five star I've pulled, could make for a fun strategy, throw in the summoners material and you could have quite a tag team to develop a boss rush strategy around. I still don't know if using the glove counts against your ko limit...

Did a 50 pull and got Locke's weapon :D Just to check do throwing weapons do the same damage on the back row?

Also got about 6 4* weapons so that wasn't too bad either.

I need more slots though :( Don't really want to buy more. Certainly if Japan got an increase, though not sure how far off that would be for us.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, yes of course! That is a trade off...

On another note, saw something on reddit about combining Josef's giant glove break with Phoenix. Since that's the only attack five star I've pulled, could make for a fun strategy, throw in the summoners material and you could have quite a tag team to develop a boss rush strategy around. I still don't know if using the glove counts against your ko limit...

It does. At some point in (can't remember when in JP) it was changed so it only counted KOs at the end of combat. I believe it was around the time one of the bosses had an unavoidable OHKO attack.

Certainly if Japan got an increase, though not sure how far off that would be for us.

May be mistaken here, but I thought JP got an increase of the maximum to 500, as in you can spend Mythril to increase your limit all the way to 500.

Pejo

So I just got Locke this morning, one of my favorite Final Fantasy characters, and read his limit break...... =/

I should have a shot for 1 or maybe 2 more single pulls at his banner, which I will use to try to get that damn Rising Sun, otherwise it looks like he's going to be a bench warmer.

Razmos

Speaking of Locke's limit break, I just used Mirage Dive for the first time in an elite dungeon. did 9999 damage to all enemies and inflicted Slow. Well then.

May be mistaken here, but I thought JP got an increase of the maximum to 500, as in you can spend Mythril to increase your limit all the way to 500.

You could be right, I just remember reading something like they got a boost to 150 slots. But I could be mistaken.

Good to know that Thamasa is the turning point. I'm at Opera house and I have breezed everything without changing any skills (I have nearly every element equipment though).

Just switched Lv50 Cloud for Lv30 Locke.

Same, Opera House Elite and everything was piss easy before that. Locke LVL17 and Cyan LVL31.

I need at least to Master Vector Elite for that +15 ATK bracer.

Got a fair few weapons I need to upgrade now so roll on Friday for that. A few I need to combine too. Kind of neglected that whilst concentrating on events but it's a must now, especially with inventory slots full to bursting.

Razmos

I've set Opera House elite as my "goal" for this event so I get Blizzaga. Any further after that is just icing on the cake honestly. I doubt i'll get very far.

Balphon

His nonstop AOE Magnitude 8 and Aqua Breath after he casts Haste and Protect are some crazy shit in this Event version of Esper Caves Elite, and he still has a lot of HP left during that. If only Thundaja hit over 9999. I obviously didn't get the mastery, but he at least had the decency of dropping a 4* Holy Orb.

He really does spam the crap out of those spells. Intimidate missed him 3 times and I thought I was going to die, but it finally stuck and he didn't move again before he died.

When can we get to save parties? What dungeons I run is kinda dependent now on whether or not I want to go and change my party/equips

I've set Opera House elite as my "goal" for this event so I get Blizzaga. Any further after that is just icing on the cake honestly. I doubt i'll get very far.

I'm just on the next stage. Whilst they are hitting a little harder and there's up to 4 enemies, it's still easy going. Haven't done the Shiva/Ifrit boss yet however. Will depend on gear/synergy of course.

When can we get to save parties? What dungeons I run is kinda dependent now on whether or not I want to go and change my party/equips

Yeah one of the tedious aspects of the game. Be great to load up a set team to continue on from before.

Yogg

He really does spam the crap out of those spells. Intimidate missed him 3 times and I thought I was going to die, but it finally stuck and he didn't move again before he died.

Casting reflect on the boss before he enters his second phase makes a huge difference as he won't spam his aoe's nearly as fast. And then of course intimidate.

Balphon

Casting reflect on the boss before he enters his second phase makes a huge difference as he won't spam his aoe's nearly as fast. And then of course intimidate.

That's a good idea. Keeping the protect off of him would be a plus too. Wish we had Dispel.

The difficulty starts to ramp up at Thamasa, so you can probably shoot for that at the very least.

Noi

How to trivialize Esper Caves Ultros:

Land intimidate before he casts his buffs, then blitz him to that point HP%-wise. If he's still paralyzed, he'll try to cast the buffs but they won't stick. I beat that Ultros without him doing a single attack aside from some wimpy ones at the beginning.

Roto13

Is Phoenix really even useful if you want mastery? Does it just revive party members, or does it also do fire damage or something?

Taking the day off from the event to work on honing some abilities. I already got one of my Double Cuts from 3->4 and a Magic Break from 2->3. I think it will really help for the Phoenix fight (not to mention just in general).

Power Orbs are in such short supply that it's hard for me to justify not farming them every Wednesday. The event seems like it'll be around for plenty of time.

Through thamasa leaving five elites left.

Today will be a break for me from that to grind the two dailies.

Goals:
Hone magic break to 3
Hone intimidate to 2
Double cut (my2nd) to 4

Total 30 power orbs and 19 lpos

Also, 100k Gil for curaga to 4
100k Gil for reflect to 4,which would require be to get another 18 white orbs
The Gil for the above upgrades
Gil for needed equip combining, 490k

So a tall task.

I have zero confidence in scoring greater orbs, so I'm focusing on honing level 2s and 3s.

My water strike is 2, my watera is 3, I figure both are good enough, may try for water strike level 3 but that doesn't seem too useful long term.

Is Reflect 4 actually needed? I thought 3 was plenty. I'm at Reflect 3 right now, and I need 15 more White Orbs to get it to 4 (and some Holy Orbs, but those seem to be plentiful). Looks like I'll get 10 more White Orbs from elite event clears, so that leaves me only 5 more White Orbs to get today. I think I can actually get those from just doing Hard instead of Heroic.

Doing hard on the daily si nice because Locke can solo it (with mastery if i S/L a lot), so that gives him 6k exp a pop, which helps him level too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom