• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally done with the XIII event. Heroic mastery without mythril use thanks to some growth egg usage to get some ability refreshes during the dungeon. Now, onto Locke.

Is Reflect 4 actually needed? I thought 3 was plenty. I'm at Reflect 3 right now, and I need 15 more White Orbs to get it to 4 (and some Holy Orbs, but those seem to be plentiful). Looks like I'll get 10 more White Orbs from elite event clears, so that leaves me only 5 more White Orbs to get today. I think I can actually get those from just doing Hard instead of Heroic.

Doing hard on the daily si nice because Locke can solo it (with mastery if i S/L a lot), so that gives him 6k exp a pop, which helps him level too.

Reflect 4 is probably overkill even for the red dragon, the difference between six uses and eight uses probably won't be the only thing keeping from mastery.

Are Red Dragon's abilities mostly Fire based? Or does he use some heavy hitting Physical attacks as well?

I have 3 of these Ice Armors, and while the defense and res are shitty, and they don't have FF6 record synergy, they do add "moderate resistance to fire". How much will that help me against Red Dragon? I haven't levelled any of them up, so i don't know if it's worth levelling and combining one of them up to 5* and giving it to Terra. She's currently wearing a maxed Diamond Armor++ (which is 6* and has record synergy) so I'm not sure if the fire resistance would be worth it.

The Diamond Armor gives 211 DEF and 88 RES with synergy while the Ice Armor fully levelled and combined would give 58 DEF and 24 RES. So the fire resistance boost would have to pretty substantial it seems. Anyone know how those buffs work?

Balphon

I won't stress out if I can't unlock it, then. I'm good for AoE fire. (I have Trance Fira for Terra.)

Trance Fira is stronger (it's 500%), so yeah.

Plus I'm sure there will be some quest that requires you to craft Phoenix.

Are Red Dragon's abilities mostly Fire based? Or does he use some heavy hitting Physical attacks as well?

They all are apart from his physical attack. No idea how those resistance boosts work, though.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'd honestly take 150 def over an arbitray reduction in fire damage. Terra's a big girl and can take a few hits.

Taking smaller hits from trash, on the other hand, probably means less time wasted savescumming.

edit: Hahahah, I made Death in prep for Squall event and this thing is actually p hilarious to use.

While other abilities aren't very terribly useful in Heroic dailies for your B-team people coming in to soak XP since they do less damage with less stats, Death is a binary hit/miss and instakills.

OH U A BIG SCARY VENOM-SPEWING DRAGON IS OK TYRO DEATH U

Too bad it's only 1 charge though.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I feel silly, whenever I saw immunity to Stop I thought Intimidate wouldn't work, except it's Paralyze, not Stop. Haven't been using it in a few bosses when I should (Ultros included).

Negator

Holy crap, Typhon and Ultros ate SO many skills, I'm not sure if I'll have enough for Air Force!

I think the -ra spells are starting to become...inefficient.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Holy crap, Typhon and Ultros ate SO many skills, I'm not sure if I'll have enough for Air Force!

I think the -ra spells are starting to become...inefficient.

Was just about to start this one and worrying the same thing is going to happen to me. Are there any specific strategies for either the Typhon/ Utros or Air Force fights?

Roto13

Oh, fuck off.

iOEbHLNPkaL6g.png

Changing the special conditions for the Thamasa boss the fourth time you fight him. That's bullshit. EDIT: And the strategy guide lists the wrong objective, too. Says to use ice.

Fuu

[rant]

Ehh, I’m not having fun with this event. Everything was piss easy on Elite, then in the final 5 stages it switches to ridiculous because the bosses have 1 million HP each.

With the previous events it was exciting because it was new content and we could aim for certain types of strategies, but this time it’s just the same bosses I already managed to beat on the normal Elites days ago, but with the bullshit factor turned up to eleven. I mastered everything in all the other events (except for Parade Float Elite) and had a blast doing it, but this is the first time where I don’t even feel like trying anymore.

I was trying Airship Elite and when Ultros blinded Cloud for the second time I realized I was just sick of looking at his face. Yeah, I know no one is forcing me to play these last few stages, but I don’t feel like going back to farming either. It’s not even a matter of spending real money since that would only mean I’d get shit pulls and get annoyed. I'm reaching that point where it all feels pointless.

[/rant]

Anyway, even disregarding this particular event I think I’m getting tired of the game, so I’m just going to quit while I still like it. I’ve played my fair share of F2P games to know that it’s better to leave on a high and keep the good memories instead of trudging along and getting burned out on it, and I feel the time to bail out has come. I’d just take a break if it was a normal game, but I wouldn’t want to miss content either if I were to go back to it.

Not trying to make a scene or anything, I usually don’t post announcing when I stop playing something, but since I’ve been posting in this thread since the beginning it felt appropriate. It’s been wild, good luck to everyone with the everything that comes down the road. :)

Red Mage

I'd honestly take 150 def over an arbitray reduction in fire damage. Terra's a big girl and can take a few hits.

Taking smaller hits from trash, on the other hand, probably means less time wasted savescumming.

edit: Hahahah, I made Death in prep for Squall event and this thing is actually p hilarious to use.

While other abilities aren't very terribly useful in Heroic dailies for your B-team people coming in to soak XP since they do less damage with less stats, Death is a binary hit/miss and instakills.

OH U A BIG SCARY VENOM-SPEWING DRAGON IS OK TYRO DEATH U

Too bad it's only 1 charge though.

Death is useful in Squall's event?

An FF game where it's useful? Wha?

Roto13

[rant]

Ehh, I’m not having fun with this event. Everything was piss easy on Elite, then in the final 5 stages it switches to ridiculous because the bosses have 1 million HP each.

With the previous events it was exciting because it was new content and we could aim for certain types of strategies, but this time it’s just the same bosses I already managed to beat on the normal Elites days ago, but with the bullshit factor turned up to eleven. I mastered everything in all the other events (except for Parade Float Elite) and had a blast doing it, but this is the first time where I don’t even feel like trying anymore.

I was trying Airship Elite and when Ultros blinded Cloud for the second time I realized I was just sick of looking at his face. Yeah, I know no one is forcing me to play these last few stages, but I don’t feel like going back to farming either. It’s not even a matter of spending real money since that would only mean I’d get shit pulls and get annoyed. I'm reaching that point where it all feels pointless.

[/rant]

Anyway, even disregarding this particular event I think I’m getting tired of the game, so I’m just going to quit while I still like it. I’ve played my fair share of F2P games to know that it’s better to leave on a high and keep the good memories instead of trudging along and getting burned out on it, and I feel the time to bail out has come. I’d just take a break if it was a normal game, but I wouldn’t want to miss content either if I were to go back to it.

Not trying to make a scene or anything, I usually don’t post announcing when I stop playing something, but since I’ve been posting in this thread since the beginning it felt appropriate. It’s been wild, good luck to everyone with the everything that comes down the road. :)

But we're probably getting new dungeons this weekend!

[rant]

[/rant]

I feel you man. But consider my position:

- I missed Aeris and Sephiroth event
- In the Lethe Event I only got the character to my party
- In the Rinoa Event I barely got Rinoa (had to refill with Mythril post Seifer) I could not get past the 2nd Elite dungeon not to mention getting to TRex or Iguons
- In the Magicite Event I only gathered enough Magicite to create 1 Quake and people were honing Quakes and Bladeblitzes in this Event
- In the Vanille Event I never beat Anima on Hard (Retaliate = cheating IMO). I grinded Normal plus Hard up to Anima for days only to get 30 000 memories for Power Wristband. I will never get Thundaja.
- In the Locke Event I am up to Magitek Factory Elite and I am... happy. You know why?

Because I am constantly making progress. With each new Event I can get even further into the Elite path. I will never get Phoenix in Locke's Event but hey I DO NOT HAVE TO. I am playing the game in my own pace. I missed lots of things because I started to play this game very late so why should I worry about some worthless summon?

Just enjoy the game for what it is.

Oh, fuck off.

Changing the special conditions for the Thamasa boss the fourth time you fight him. That's bullshit. EDIT: And the strategy guide lists the wrong objective, too. Says to use ice.

Got me too dude, except I used blizzaras on his minions thinking that the rule only covered him. Major bummer, like two hrs of stamina up in smoke

Fuu

But we're probably getting new dungeons this weekend!

I feel you man. But consider my position:

- I missed Aeris and Sephiroth event
- In the Lethe Event I only got the character to my party
- In the Rinoa Event I barely got Rinoa (had to refill with Mythril post Seifer) I could not get past the 2nd Elite dungeon not to mention getting to TRex or Iguons
- In the Magicite Event I only gathered enough Magicite to create 1 Quake and people were honing Quakes and Bladeblitzes in this Event
- In the Vanille Event I never beat Anima on Hard (Retaliate = cheating IMO). I grinded Normal plus Hard up to Anima for days only to get 30 000 memories for Power Wristband. I will never get Thundaja.
- In the Locke Event I am up to Magitek Factory Elite and I am... happy. You know why?

Because I am constantly making progress. With each new Event I can get even further into the Elite path. I will never get Phoenix in Locke's Event but hey I DO NOT HAVE TO. I am playing the game in my own pace. I missed lots of things because I started to play this game very late so why should I worry about some worthless summon?

Just enjoy the game for what it is.
I could still play, but honestly I just wanted an excuse. I have a totally "it's not you, it's me" relationship with F2P stamina-based mobile games with gatcha systems, where I'll play them like a fiend for some weeks them just drop them cold turkey. It's actually more that they play me, because I'll constantly check if I have enough stamina for the next step and barely play anything else during that period.

There's always a clear line for me between "I'm still having fun" and "this is a chore", so I'd rather just stop when I feel I'm close to reaching that point. With me and this style of game it's either play like a maniac or not play at all, haha. It was the same deal with Spider-Man Unlimited which was the previous one that got me like that before FFRK.

I'm definitely not going to hold it against the game, I had a great time. I still like it for what it is, I just don't feel like playing it anymore if that makes any sense. My phone's battery will go back to lasting much longer too. which is a plus. :p

Been having lots of fun with this, just got Locke this morning, but looking to shake up my main team a bit. What are some of you guys' preferred uses for vanille? i'm thinking of swapping her in for Rydia, but i'm seeing she can be a decent healer too? if so, i might swap pally cecil out then!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Been having lots of fun with this, just got Locke this morning, but looking to shake up my main team a bit. What are some of you guys' preferred uses for vanille? i'm thinking of swapping her in for Rydia, but i'm seeing she can be a decent healer too? if so, i might swap pally cecil out then!

Vanille is my current healer. Does a pretty good job, no complaints.

When these events eventually cycle and make their return, do they retain how far we've gone in them? Do they let you get repeat prizes for mastering them a second time?

I'm wondering this because the difficulty might be tuned for when we get to level 65 and have much more equipment the next time around. The last bit of elites on this event and rinoa event seem to make me think this is what's up.

Roto13

Everybody should be using this guide. The official strategy isn't useful for very much.

All I really want is a list of objectives and vulnerabilities. That one is at least missing the Thamasa objective to not die (the only one I checked) and boss status vulnerabilities.

I could still play, but honestly I just wanted an excuse. I have a totally "it's not you, it's me" relationship with F2P stamina-based mobile games with gatcha systems, where I'll play them like a fiend for some weeks them just drop them cold turkey. It's actually more that they play me, because I'll constantly check if I have enough stamina for the next step and barely play anything else during that period.

There's always a clear line for me between "I'm still having fun" and "this is a chore", so I'd rather just stop when I feel I'm close to reaching that point. With me and this style of game it's either play like a maniac or not play at all, haha. It was the same deal with Spider-Man Unlimited which was the previous one that got me like that before FFRK.

I'm definitely not going to hold it against the game, I had a great time. I still like it for what it is, I just don't feel like playing it anymore if that makes any sense. My phone's battery will go back to lasting much longer too. which is a plus. :p

Oh, well then. Bye! *wave*

Jyrii

Banned
I had pretty un-optimal abilities for Thamasa, but I was still able master it.

Now I am again out of stamina. Guess it is good time to go to bed.

Xetherion

How many medals can you miss on Vanille Heroic and still get mastery? I'm at the last Anima fight and i've lost 3 medals for actions taken so far, and i'm pretty low on ability uses except for my healer Vanille who just leveled up. Debating whether i should let Anima wipe me so I can revive with mythril or not.

Edit: Actually I think i've missed 4 medals so far, lost one for damage taken to a Beta Behemoth too. I might be at 5 medals missed because I fought a 2nd Beta Behemoth, but even though I don't remember losing a medal there he does so much damage i'd be surprised if i didn't lose a medal there too.

Wazzy

Banned
Where's the best place to level Terra and Locke? I'm going to spend a few days getting them to mid 40's before attempting the later elites.

Roto13

How many medals can you miss on Vanille Heroic and still get mastery? I'm at the last Anima fight and i've lost 3 medals for actions taken so far, and i'm pretty low on ability uses except for my healer Vanille who just leveled up. Debating whether i should let Anima wipe me so I can revive with mythril or not.

Edit: Actually I think i've missed 4 medals so far, lost one for damage taken to a Beta Behemoth too. I might be at 5 medals missed because I fought a 2nd Beta Behemoth, but even though I don't remember losing a medal there he does so much damage i'd be surprised if i didn't lose a medal there too.

Well, did you get Champion on those floors anyway? As far as I can tell, it takes the rank bar from each floor and averages them out and if the average is champion or higher, you'll get Mastery. So a dungeon with a lot of floors can let you screw up a lot on one floor as long as you do well on the rest.

Where's the best place to level Terra and Locke? I'm going to spend a few days getting them to mid 40's before attempting the later elites.

Classic Vector (in the regular dungeons, not the event) has like 25 enemies on a floor for low stamina cost, with bonus EXP for synergy.

Razmos

I really need to get Tidus to level 50 for the event with his record materia. But he's only level 31 and I don't have ANY characters at level 50 yet (my closest is Rydia at 47 and Rinoa at 45)

Xetherion

Well, did you get Champion on those floors anyway? As far as I can tell, it takes the rank bar from each floor and averages them out and if the average is champion or higher, you'll get Mastery. So a dungeon with a lot of floors can let you screw up a lot on one floor as long as you do well on the rest.

I got Champion on every floor except Myrmidon, which I got Expert because I lost 2 medals for actions taken (this fight always seems bugged to me, i killed a Myrmidon on Hard not long ago in only 3 actions, and I still lost a medal for actions taken. Such BS.).

I'm pretty sure I saw cpp or someone saying you have to get like 83% of available medals in a dungeon in order to get mastery, and was wondering how many you can miss in the Vanille Heroic and still pass that mark.

I've been levelling Locke in the hard daily. He can go through it solo, with mastery if i use S/L, so it gives him about 6k exp / round. Plus it's not like you can ever get enough power orbs.

How many medals can you miss on Vanille Heroic and still get mastery?
I think it's >= 83.3% of the medals, so 0.833 * 78 = 64.974, so you'd need 65 of 78 medals. You're likely going to lose 4 on Anima from damage and actions (and assuming no losses for KOs) meaning you can lose 9 from the previous 7 stages and still get a mastery.

Roto13

There's no way I'm going to be able to beat the Airship Elite with all those bosses. Should I even bother to attempt the rest of the event?

There's no way I'm going to be able to beat the Airship Elite with all those bosses. Should I even bother to attempt the rest of the event?

I haven't tried it, but all of the bosses are vulnerable to Paralyze, Blind, and Slow. Quake should be able to quickly clear out the side lasers, if you have it.

Vorpal

I have 3 of these Ice Armors, and while the defense and res are shitty, and they don't have FF6 record synergy, they do add "moderate resistance to fire". How much will that help me against Red Dragon? I haven't levelled any of them up, so i don't know if it's worth levelling and combining one of them up to 5* and giving it to Terra. She's currently wearing a maxed Diamond Armor++ (which is 6* and has record synergy) so I'm not sure if the fire resistance would be worth it.

The Diamond Armor gives 211 DEF and 88 RES with synergy while the Ice Armor fully levelled and combined would give 58 DEF and 24 RES. So the fire resistance boost would have to pretty substantial it seems. Anyone know how those buffs work?

I think whatever damage you would mitigate from Red Dragon's fire attacks (with Ice Armor) would be offset by the extra damage you'd be taking from trash on the way to the dragon. Even with Regal Gowns, the trash hits hard. When I was 2 medals away from Mastery, I spent a really long time S/Ling until ATB gauges were in my favor against the trash. Even then, a couple of ~1100 damage hits seemed unavoidable.

One option might be to combine Ice Armors and give them to Locke? If you keep him in the back row, trash might not whomp him so hard, and the fire resistance (no clue how much impact it actually has) might help Locke's survivability against Flare/Flare Star. Could give you some buffer for the "Don't let Locke die" criterion.

- In the Vanille Event I never beat Anima on Hard (Retaliate = cheating IMO).

For what it's worth, Retaliate was particularly useful for Anima
's annoying counters
but it's noticeably less useful for the Red Dragon. I was worried about Retaliate becoming the ONLY strategy for every boss encounter, but the Red Dragon encounter seems to reward some pretty diverse strategies. I've had a lot of fun tinkering around with my approach the past few days.

I think whatever damage you would mitigate from Red Dragon's fire attacks (with Ice Armor) would be offset by the extra damage you'd be taking from trash on the way to the dragon. Even with Regal Gowns, the trash hits hard. When I was 2 medals away from Mastery, I spent a really long time S/Ling until ATB gauges were in my favor against the trash. Even then, a couple of ~1100 damage hits seemed unavoidable.

One option might be to combine Ice Armors and give them to Locke? If you keep him in the back row, trash might not whomp him so hard, and the fire resistance (no clue how much impact it actually has) might help Locke's survivability against Flare/Flare Star. Could give you some buffer for the "Don't let Locke die" criterion.

Unfortunately Locke can't use armor :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom