• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Fuck, Opera House Orthos absolutely destroyed me by using Lv. 3 Confuse. It confused Rinoa, Locke and Cyan, who all proceeded to focus their attacks on Celes and only Celes.
he confused me like 4 times throughout the battle. and god it took a long time.

Beat him though, and he dropped a Greater Ice Orb for my troubles, and now I have Blizzaga, yay.

The funny thing is that Locke and Cyan levelled up straight after, so they won't be affected by the confuse any more >_>

Roto13

I haven't tried it, but all of the bosses are vulnerable to Paralyze, Blind, and Slow. Quake should be able to quickly clear out the side lasers, if you have it.

Ultros and Typhon just have so much HP, though. It takes all of my abilities just to whittle them down and I died anyway. Even if I manage to kill them, there's no way I'll have enough leftover to beat Air Force. (Also, I have used Dark Buster on Ultros six times across two stages and it hasn't stuck once. I'm starting to think he's not vulnerable to Blind at all. Intimidate works every time, though.)

Quake would be great if the three bosses didn't have three different elemental weaknesses to plan for. :p

Floating Continent Escape is probably the easiest of the last 4.

I'll give that one a try, then. I can see how that one would probably be relatively easy, compared to the ones around it.

chrono01

Thundaja finally obtained. I started Vanille's event late, so I wasn't sure I could make it. Now at least I can [finally] do Locke's event.

Ultros and Typhon just have so much HP, though. It takes all of my abilities just to whittle them down and I died anyway. Even if I manage to kill them, there's no way I'll have enough leftover to beat Air Force. (Also, I have used Dark Buster on Ultros six times across two stages and it hasn't stuck once. I'm starting to think he's not vulnerable to Blind at all. Intimidate works every time, though.)

Quake would be great if the three bosses didn't have three different elemental weaknesses to plan for. :p

I'll give that one a try, then. I can see how that one would probably be relatively easy, compared to the ones around it.

Also Typhon appears vulnerable to Sleep. heh. I wonder if you can just come in with some Sleep Busters and remove him from the fight until you're done with Orthros.

Razmos

Hmm, does rank not affect synergy? I had a 4* Diamond Vest VI+, and I checked its stats with Synergy before I combined it into a 5*++, and it's stats didn't change at all.

That's sort of disappointing.
f9b1b8e833bb1ffeb17f341e9f2a20d4.png

Also yay, this is my 10th 5* star item.

Balphon

Hmm, does rank not affect synergy? I had a 4* Diamond Vest VI+, and I checked its stats with Synergy before I combined it into a 5*++, and it's stats didn't change at all.

The item's level determines the RS bonus, so it has an indirect effect. Get it to level 20 and the bonus will increase.

It's still effectively a difficulty 90+ dungeon, but Nelapa has multiple elemental and status weaknesses you can exploit. You should be able to kill him (her? I've never been able to tell with that sprite) before Doom gets you.

Got a 3 star Diamond vest 10/10 early on but trashed it since I never got a duplicate. This really blows. Now I'm going to have a 4 star when I should have had a five. Been tweaking a party to eventually fight Red Dragon. It's okay but Celes' abilities are pretty much whack in that fight and you have to use her for her resistance for the team. Think I got a Gauche too from my one 50 pull and I trashed that too. I think I'll be using both items when I fight the dragon.

If there's 36 total medals...that means you can lose 6.

With Celes in the party my team is going to lose one of these abilities/w uses

Magic Break 4
Armor Break 4
Power Break 4
Boost 6
Reflect 4 I think...honed it once...maybe twice.
Slow Shot 4

Pretty much have to have venom buster/curaga/retalliate. And Celes is wasting 2 spots for the most part since she can't use any of the above.

Which one do I leave out? I'm days away from attempting it(Locke is only 32). Could also take out Celes and put in a better healer and move Tyro(healing grimoire) to a support roll. Don't think that's a wise idea considering Celes' break though.

You have to increase the ranking by 5 more. It says 15/20. Combining them does nothing until you bump it up to 16, 17, 18, 19, 20. The stats will go up. Just upgrade it more.

What synergy does is give you bonus levels. If the current level of the item determines that, with record synergy, you get 70 bonus levels, then the item with synergy is exactly the same as if the item were 70 levels higher (although in practice that's impossible because of the item's level cap).

The amount of bonus levels you get increases at multiples of 5. So at 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 you get the same number of bonus levels. At 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19 you get even more bonus levels. It continues like this all the way up to an item level of 30, where you get 70 bonus levels (for an effective item level of 100).

So basically, if you level up your item some more, make sure you have enough materials to get it all the way to 20. If you just get it to 19, you'll be missing out on those extra bonus levels you'll get by hitting 20.

Razmos

What synergy does is give you bonus levels. If the current level of the item determines that, with record synergy, you get 70 bonus levels, then the item with synergy is exactly the same as if the item were 70 levels higher (although in practice that's impossible because of the item's level cap).

The amount of bonus levels you get increases at multiples of 5. So at 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 you get the same number of bonus levels. At 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19 you get even more bonus levels. It continues like this all the way up to an item level of 30, where you get 70 bonus levels (for an effective item level of 100).

So basically, if you level up your item some more, make sure you have enough materials to get it all the way to 20. If you just get it to 19, you'll be missing out on those extra bonus levels you'll get by hitting 20.
I had no idea about any of that, that's really interesting, thanks.

Bah, Celes' weapon is level 9, I should work on that. And I have another 5* synergy item at level 15. At least I know what to work on now.

Wazzy

Banned
Still working on Terra and Locke levels but I'm okay with not beating all of these elites. The event is sure to roll around again If I can't finish it now and I'll be ready for it next time.

Still, me actually trying to finish it depends on how long I take to get Terra and Locke to 50.

Road

Are Red Dragon's abilities mostly Fire based? Or does he use some heavy hitting Physical attacks as well?

I have 3 of these Ice Armors, and while the defense and res are shitty, and they don't have FF6 record synergy, they do add "moderate resistance to fire". How much will that help me against Red Dragon? I haven't levelled any of them up, so i don't know if it's worth levelling and combining one of them up to 5* and giving it to Terra. She's currently wearing a maxed Diamond Armor++ (which is 6* and has record synergy) so I'm not sure if the fire resistance would be worth it.

The Diamond Armor gives 211 DEF and 88 RES with synergy while the Ice Armor fully levelled and combined would give 58 DEF and 24 RES. So the fire resistance boost would have to pretty substantial it seems. Anyone know how those buffs work?

Equip the armor and start some battle. Inspect the battle json for your buddy params, def_attributes, factor (attribute_id of fire is 100).

I think resistance factor goes from 2 (-10%) to 10 (-90%).

For 88 and 24 res, it will only compensate if it is bigger than 66.5% reduction.

Roto13

It's still effectively a difficulty 90+ dungeon, but Nelapa has multiple elemental and status weaknesses you can exploit. You should be able to kill him (her? I've never been able to tell with that sprite) before Doom gets you.

The mobs leading up to him/her/it are no joke. :p

Chojin

xfR5rmn.png

Score.

Had to a 50 mithril pull. Also got a second poison Axe too so Kain will hit hard.

Kinda blah on the rate though. One five star. Four 4 stars and the rest threes.

alcheim

Finally defeated that damn Red Dragon, and unexpectedly got mastery for that level
(screw that No Blizzard requirement)

Unfortunately, I wasted most of my rarer orbs on honing bliz and breakdowns... so it's back to grinding for orbs. (Also, why the heck does everything need power orbs?!)

On a side note... it seems that the RNGenie hates me again. I have a feeling that using paid pulls has a higher drop rate for 5*'s than just using the free mythril. Very sneaky square-dena.

Falk

that puzzling face
New page PSA that no matter how busy you are, you're not busy enough to neglect dedicating entire 29 hours of stam (24h + 100 stam stock up) on Mana Stronghold daily for power orbs.

:E

alcheim

I know.. but it's hard not to complain --especially since complaining on GAF seems to be one surefire way to improve the loot on the next 11-pull.

I got super lucky and pulled both Rising Sun (Locke's weapon) and a 5-star Balamb Uniform today (my first 5-star armor, even). I'll probably unlocke Locke before I go to bed or tomorrow morning--only two more stages in the normal category left--so those items are going on him. Unsure who he'll replace... maybe Paladin Cecil. Anybody know if Locke's Mirage Dive hits for full damage from the backrow?

Almost halfway through the Locke event elites, and it's been a breeze so far. I'm so glad I took the time to max Cyan.

Probably gonna start getting tough pretty soon, but I haven't run into any problems yet.

Falk

that puzzling face
Quick question for anyone who's got FFRKI open at the momnt - 3* Non Elemental Orbs, where? (Both daily and non-daily)

Vorpal

Look, Mana Stronghold, I appreciate the effort, but I'm not here for Lesser White Orbs. Kindly hand over every Lesser Power Orb ever and we can go our separate ways.

I have to make a choice. Retaliate 3->4 or Double Cut 3->4? I currently have 3 Double Cuts, 1 each at ranks 2, 3, and 4. So honing double cut would make it 2, 4, 4 (level, not uses)

Vorpal

Do any of the stages favor one orb type over the other?

I was wondering the same thing. Can't find anything that says one way or the other, though. In the meantime I'm getting caught up in confirmation bias every time I get some Power Orbs from a stage like, "okay, clearly this is the stage to farm."

I have to make a choice. Retaliate 3->4 or Double Cut 3->4? I currently have 3 Double Cuts, 1 each at ranks 2, 3, and 4. So honing double cut would make it 2, 4, 4 (level, not uses)

I vote Retaliate 3 -> 4. That way you can shelve it for a while and just focus on Double Cuts the next time you farm orbs.

Alright I think I'm done with Mana Stronghold for the day. I'm honestly shocked how much shit I got honed literally from doing Mana Stronghold, meaning I already had all the other orbs just sitting there waiting on powers and blacks.

Grand total for the day is:

Watera : 3 -> 5
Retaliate : 2 -> 4
Magic Break : 2 -> 3
Double Cut : 3 -> 4
Reflect : 2 -> 3 (will even be 4 after I get 3 more holy orbs)

I even have enough to take Blizzaga straight from 2->4 but I haven't decided if I'm going to do it yet.

This had better help with all these crazy hard elites I keep hearing about.

I like how when you use the Optimize Party button, it doesn't give you a fucking healer. The hell is this shit. This is the second time it's fucked me over and I didn't notice until after entering the battle.

Jyrii

Banned
I mastered Thamasa, but it was only because two Intimidates (the two I had) hit.

Since Airship seems to be probably the most annoying, I will skip that for now.

How much does it cost to combine from 4* -> 5* and 5* -> 6*? Need to figure out if I should blow another mythril refilling stamina for the gil daily before it goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom