• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
This post from reddit (credit: akumaxyz) really shows how important synergy is. Just take a look at the Bronze Bangle to see how formidable fully upgraded 1* equipment can be with synergy. This really goes to show that rolling for high * gear is really not that important at all.

GGBctNb.jpg

nyNh7yj.jpg

0My6WBd.jpg

VMv5wSJ.jpg

3WMHXl1.jpg

asPsSsV.jpg

rs9HMNd.jpg

Saerk

So close to Sephiroth... Lost my white mage on the battle before him. I might need to level up, but I made it to the last event level with a level 23 crew. Beat the flying guys with a team of Cloud, Kain, Tyro, W Mage, and Rydia. Primary damage came from Rydia and Kain. Cloud made it easier to get to the boss since he could one shot everything.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So gear synergy is basically just equipping characters with gear from their game? In that case, where do you get other gear? Just random luck in that given world?

TheExodu5

Banned
So gear synergy is basically just equipping characters with gear from their game? In that case, where do you get other gear? Just random luck in that given world?

The character doesn't matter. You can use an FF IV character with FF VII gear, and the FF VII gear will still get the bonus for being used in an FF VII dungeon.

Character synergy isn't that important. It's still good for the extra EXP gain, but the character synergy bonus is static and doesn't increase with levels. Gear synergy is what's really important.

Also, gear synergy bonuses increase every 5 levels. A +9 weapon will have the same synergy bonus as a +5 weapon. Bringing it to +10 will give it the next level of synergy bonus (see Diamond Knuckle image above).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The character doesn't matter. You can use an FF IV character with FF VII gear, and the FF VII gear will still get the bonus for being used in an FF VII dungeon.

Character synergy isn't that important. It's still good for the extra EXP gain, but the character synergy bonus is static and doesn't increase with levels. Gear synergy is what's really important.

Also, gear synergy bonuses increase every 5 levels. A +9 weapon will have the same synergy bonus as a +5 weapon. Bringing it to +10 will give it the next level of synergy bonus (see Diamond Knuckle image above).

Gotcha.

Well hopefully there's an optimization update sometime soon so that I can quickly optimize gear for a given world for synergy boosts. Thanks for the info.

garath

Sigh. Another mythril pull yielded my THIRD 3* bow. Ugh.

Doing sepiroths stage now. We'll see how it goes. Never did farm that last lesser dark orb

Althane

Lost my white mage again. I've decided to swap her out for a healer Tyro since he has like 800 more health.

Tyro can also wear much more useful armor, so probably a better decision all told.

I've just beaten the Hundred Gunner. Two more dungeons until I'm at the top of the tower and get Sephie.

And then I'll be farmin' Level 40 for the XP.

This game makes me want to play final fantasy but I'm not sure which one I want to play and then which platform to play it on. I recently played through ff6 so prob not that one. Same with 7. 8 is an option and I already have it on steam. I have 3+4 on DS.

What I really want to play is ff9 or ff10 on PC. Square needs to get on them ports :(

edit:

Also, is the second soul break worth using on the white mage? The one that raises mind stat instead of group heal?

elty

For 65th floor I used the following, lv30s for all except lv25 Rydia.

Tyro (3* Silver Harp + Cure and Cura)
Tidus (5* Buster Sword + Boost and Salve)
Rydia (3* Mace++ + Thunder and Thundera)
Kain (4* Platinum dagger + Jump)
Wakka (3* throwing weapon + Dark attack and Salve)

Tyro will heal Tyro, Kain and Rydia
Tidus will buff Kain, Wakka then Tyro and also use Salve to heal himself (probably more useful than Cloud who can only stand there)
Rydia will thunder
Kain will do a double jump then jump after getting boost
Wakka is just a DPS and also use Salve to heal himself

End result: Rydia died in 2 hits after letting off just one thunder, but barely master the whole thing at the end. I think it would be important to just skip Tyro's turn so he can heal Rydia immediately after a hit.

Also, does a native 3* weapon has better stat than a 3* ++ weapon that combined by 1* weapon?

TheExodu5

Banned
Also, does a native 3* weapon has better stat than a 3* ++ weapon that combined by 1* weapon?

Generally, but not necessarily the case with synergy gear. See the pics above...bronze bangle++ ends up being better than diamond bangle with synergy.

Althane

Getting ready to go for floors 66-70.

Following team:

Cloud - lvl 25 - Falchion and Kenpo Gi, with Thunder Strike.
Tyro - Level 20 - Sledgehammer (4* Hammer) and Heavy shield, with Cura and Cure.
Tifa - Level 20 - Sonic Knuckles ++ (4*), and Protect Vest ++ (3* VII armor)
Wakka - Level 24 - Aevis Killer and Ice Armor, with Salve
Rydia - Level 24 - Thunder Rod and Mythril Armlet, with Thundra and Thunder

Final boss may be a tough fight, but I'm hopeful.

XJF

One of the spreadsheets says the Whip can be gotten from Fabul Castle, but it's not a mastery or completion reward. Anyone know which monster has the chance to drop it?

Ignore me, it's a boss drop.

elty

After hearing all the wonderful things about Rydia and Thundara.... she was only doing 1600 damage to the boss at 60/F. Did I do something wrong? lv25, Mace++ and Wizard Hat++.

I think I will drop her for the final boss and she die quite easily.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
One of the spreadsheets says the Whip can be gotten from Fabul Castle, but it's not a mastery or completion reward. Anyone know which monster has the chance to drop it?

Ignore me, it's a boss drop.

Yeah I've been farming that boss all morning with no luck so far. Have done about 10 runs through now. I'm starting to lose hope that I'll get 3 of them any time soon to combine.

However, 500ish experience for 1 stamina on each of these levels is kinda nice since farming experience in the Shinra Tower event nets me about 3,000XP for 5 (around 600XP per stamina). So it's a pretty good place to level up Rydia since she gets her synergy XP bonus.

Guess I'll keep chasing after that damn whip.

Yeah I've been farming that boss all morning with no luck so far. Have done about 10 runs through now. I'm starting to lose hope that I'll get 3 of them any time soon to combine.
I got three of them over the last few days.

My guess is the drop rate is about one in six or eight?

Rydia is super useful now, great magic boost and respectable back row auto damage.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So of course the very next run I do through Fabul after complaining about the whip drop rate on NeoGAF - I get the whip. Two more and I'm set! :D

EDIT: Damn that back row damage. So good.

EDIT EDIT: Welp, got 2 in a row now. Will I be lucky enough to get a third in three?

Roto13

Ranger was doing less than 100 damage at level 20 with a bow. Ridiculous. Swapped him out.

Got beaten by the first flying boss. My white mage was dead before I ever reached him because she was targeted more often than she usually is, I guess because four of my five party members were in the back row. I didn't have a healing spell on Tyro. Was too cocky, I guess. :p I tweaked my party a bit and now I'm trying again.

I have a good feeling. (Too bad I wasted all of that EXP on my Ranger though. Spent most of yesterday grinding.)

EDIT: Aaaaaand Rydia's dead. Did you know you can restart a battle by closing the app in the middle of it?

They seriously need to fix the menus in the Android version, because the battles can be buttery smooth, but it's an absolute pain in the ass to manage my equips.

jshackles

i've got a Gaia Rod on my rydia. should i bother getting the Whip?

I would say that the whip is probably Rydia's best weapon at this point. I had a 3* rod (could have been Gaia Rod, don't remember) and the whip only had -1 to everything at lvl1. The real bonus is that it allows Rydia to attack for full damage from the back row. Now I have Whip+ at lvl10 and she's doing almost as much physical damage as my regular crew.

iosefe

I would say that the whip is probably Rydia's best weapon at this point. I had a 3* rod (could have been Gaia Rod, don't remember) and the whip only had -1 to everything at lvl1. The real bonus is that it allows Rydia to attack for full damage from the back row. Now I have Whip+ at lvl10 and she's doing almost as much physical damage as my regular crew.

and which stage in Fabul did you farm for it?

jshackles

and which stage in Fabul did you farm for it?

It drops from the boss (Dragoon) randomly at the end of the Fabul level.

Yaari

Defeated Hundred Gunner. No Mastery though. So now 1 more flying boss? Is Sephiroth the final boss then?

I'll go back for the mastery after the EXP day. Should be easy then.

Edit: I forgot. Does my ability counter refresh when I enter a new floor of a dungeon?

garath

Damn. Wiped on Rufus. He hits like a truck with that shotgun attack. I even farmed up a dark attack. Didn't seem to do much. :/

Killed the dog pretty quick but Rufus himself just chipped me away.

One thing I'll have to do is get some more cura charges. Rank 2 isn't enough.

My party is 28-29ish. Shouldn't be the issue. Have all maxed out 2-3* armor for everyone. Hmm.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Damn. Wiped on Rufus. He hits like a truck with that shotgun attack. I even farmed up a dark attack. Didn't seem to do much. :/

My party is 28-29ish. Shouldn't be the issue. Have all maxed out 2-3* armor for everyone. Hmm.

Dark Attack is only a chance to blind. You apparently didn't get lucky and blind him.
If things go bad in a boss fight just force-quit and restart and you will be at the beginning of the fight again.

at lvl 30 I never had to use cure in that fight.

garath

Dark Attack is only a chance to blind. You apparently didn't get lucky and blind him.
If things go bad in a boss fight just force-quit and restart and you will be at the beginning of the fight again.

at lvl 30 I never had to use cure in that fight.

Damn. I forgot about the force close :/

Oh well. Going to try again. New plan. Swapping in lvl 20 tifa with a ffvii glove. She hits for 1100.

Don't forget FF7 armor on your clothies at the very least, it really does make a huge difference. Waiting for my stamina to return to take on Rufus... literally need like 6 more. Will be glad to get back to farming other content for awhile once this is done that's for sure.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Your party is higher than mine and I was able to get him down without issue. Leveling up your armor helps, as does using FFVII armor where possible. It helps a lot. I think I only had 1 charge on my heal when I reached him, and my blinds both missed, so it was just straight up DPS on him until he died.

Ashodin

Could you possibly leave the dungeon on Kain if he doesn't drop the item, then just retry? This is for the whip.

EDIT: Aha, you can. Just pause, leave the dungeon, and retry. SWEET

Hard-resetting just drops the same item over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom