• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who says Hawkeye sucks needs to recognize.

It's better than a fully upgraded Maneater++

vWkQuxg.jpg

I'm glad I decided to check FFRKI, because my Swordbreaker is sitting at 18/20 so I've been using my Falchion on Celes. But it turns out the Swordbreaker is a tad better, and in fact my Falchion has a score of 0, so I can just use it as levelling fodder.

Vorpal

For combining equipment:

4* to 5* = 60,000
5* to 6* = 100,000
6* to 7* = 500,000

Edit: Just got 5 Lesser Power Orbs from one battle in the daily. Mana Stronghold finally comin' around

Roto13

For some reason your images never work. I think it has something to do with the hosting site, minus.com, but I'm not sure why. If I manually browse to the image file in a new tab it works fine, but it never loads inline.

I guess I need to abandon minus. I don't know why this keeps happening. I figured they'd sort this out eventually but it's been causing problems for a while now. I don't know why this would happen, though. The URL is fine.

Jyrii

Banned
Ok, even the Floating Continent mobs seem to be so hard that
possible
completion requires mythril

I might stop here as the rewards are not -that- special.

Wazzy

Banned
Leveling is going slowly. At this point my focus is 50 for Locke and Terra and then as a bonus attempt the event.

It's too close to Squall event for me to waste Mythril, especially if there's a chance he gets moved up.

6eyh73g.jpg

7drHiqr.gif

Also stuff I couldn't fit in one screenshot: Friend Summons, Battle Speed, and being able to see target conditions before entering a battle.

Falk

that puzzling face
HOLY JESUS FEATURES BATMAN

Few months early

edit:

SERVER GOES DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE
t1433656800z0.png

----------

SERVER COMES BACK UP WITH DUNGEONS/RECORD MATERIA*
t1433678400z0.png

*assuming no catastrophe during maintenance

----------

LOCKE EVENT ENDS
t1433898000z0.png

In case you're planning on how long you have to emergency-break some characters for their record materia for that added edge.

Also all of you wankers with Official Ball and Sentinel Grimoire need to step forward ASAP lol

In other news, I think this is what I'll be taking with me to Red Dragon.

ufFGQlE.jpg

A few minor changes I plan to make before attempting:

1) I need 2 more Greater Wind Orbs to get Slowga. So I'll farm Humbaba first to get those, then replace Slow with Slowga.

2) I need the Friday dungeon so I can level up the two 4* and 5* Crystal Helms.

3) I need the Saturday dungeon so I can level up Lenna, Locke, and Celes a little bit more.

Aside from that, I'm not really sure if there's any way I can improve. I really want to bring more nukes, but I need all those slots for all the shitty support abilities.

If this doesn't work, my only other option will be to hone Blizzaga from 2 -> 4 (I actually have all the orbs to go straight from 2->4, just would like to try at least once for mastery) and replace Watera with Blizzaga

Celes almost feels worthless in this picture, she has only some paltry Water Strike and Poison, but I need her there for the Magic Shield. But it seems like aside from the Magic Shield, she's going to be dead weight. I wish she could use breaks, so I could put Armor Break on her instead of Water Strike.

Falk

that puzzling face
I edited previous post with clocks.

I'd suggest if in any doubt to just wait for Record Materia. There's slightly over 2 1/2 days when the servers come back up till Locke event ends, which is plenty even if SHINRA event happens.

Heck, you don't even need to level to 51 or beyond, just having Record Materia alone is a massive boost, say nothing of friend summons.

edit: There's also a greater-than-zero chance that the dailies are getting replaced, since all worlds are now represented. This would mean the synergies for each type of daily will change from what they are now, but more importantly you'll be able to re-earn rewards and mythril (once, like it is now) since they're different from the current set.

I'm positive the daily change will happen in the NEXT dungeon update though, not this one, or possibly along the way. Just thought it's worth mentioning in case it does happen, no matter how slight the chance.

Falk

that puzzling face
I wonder how useful PalaCecil's 5* SB is as a friend summon

edit: Actually screw all that

VIT0 TIME WITH VANILLE SB LOL

Wow Orthros was tough in Esper Caves Elite. As in HP he has loads and later in the battle when he changes tactics he has lots of power Attack All abilities to wipe your team. Only had 2 standing at the end on very little health. Thankfully I still got Master. Phew!

Airship sounds tough. Dunno if I have it in me to do it/waste stamina. That might be as fast as I go :(

Noi

Lol, Friend Summons mean I can ditch Celes for my next Red Dragon attempt and just friend someone who has her as the leader so I can have her Magic Shield without bringing her along.

Lol, Friend Summons mean I can ditch Celes for my next Red Dragon attempt and just friend someone who has her as the leader so I can have her Magic Shield without bringing her along.

This reminds me of one of the first Diablo 3 patches which made the game way, waaaay easier in Inferno mode. There were two tiers of people back then those who beat the game prepatch and those who beat the game post patch.

Are you a bad enough dude to master Lockes Elite Event and all Elite paintings before the next patch? Hehe.

Falk

that puzzling face
This reminds me of one of the first Diablo 3 patches which made the game way, waaaay easier in Inferno mode. There were two tiers of people back then those who beat the game prepatch and those who beat the game post patch.

Are you a bad enough dude to master Lockes Elite Event and all Elite paintings before the next patch? Hehe.

Eh, that actually already happened to us, although it was a nerf ambush that cut the elite HP in half, bringing it in line with JP's launch values. (hypothesis was they initially doubled everything for the heck of it since we had Record Synergy and JP didn't - which was a bad idea because EVERYONE was just starting out and had close to no gear)

I remember that patch though. Was watching Kripp's stream as he became the world first (and only) person to kill Diablo inferno in Hardcore pre-nerf.

I'll probably be doing this (Celes as Roaming Hero) as I have no interesting SBs (only a Buster Sword lol). Poor man's Sentinel Grimoire.

Noi

I already killed both Red Dragon and Ultima Weapon once, even if I didn't get mastery. That's good enough for me. I'm spending the next two days getting orbs to get Intimidate to Rank 3 and level up Watera/Water Strike one more time

Honestly, the best feature imo is changing the battle speed. I can set the speed down to a crawl and actually think about my actions without having to worry about the enemy blitzing me as I spam the skip button in a frenzy until the game finally lets me control the character I want. I'm 100% sure that I'd have mastered the Red Dragon fight in my one attempt if multiple characters being ready for an attack input at once didn't mean precious seconds being wasted while the dragon charged his next move.

Jyrii

Banned
Ah screw it. The last 5 elite ones are way too hard. Back to doing dailies, so that I will actually make some progress.

Shahadan

Real megaton here is the possibility to see the victory conditions before actually fighting a boss.

Like, fucking finally obvious feature

so are we getting this stuff earlier than expected? and anyone know if we are getting more stuff in one update than japan did? seems like we're on a good track to parity pretty soonish.

Razmos

Goddamn, all those features.
I have the soul break weapons for Rinoa and Locke, so that might be helpful with the friend feature.

Perhaps we should make a google document or something for people to post what soul break equipment they have, so that we know who to abuse when the time comes?

I wiped on airship and had no desire to try again with mythril. Considering the reward is basically just a greater summon orb, it really doesn't seem worth the annoyance to try again, maybe at the very end. Maybe with the material it will be easier.

Oh, I have aeris' party heal and Josef's seppuku. The latter....

SunGod

What was your party setup for the final elites?

Cloud used retaliate and 4 characters were double cutting him (I have r4 Retaliate, 3*r4 Double Cut and a r3 double cut) didn't have any mages. Locke was using Intimidate to paralyse bosses along the way and I'd have someone use Armor Break too.

I had to use a mythril between the boss stages on Airship as I simply ran out of abilities after Orthros/Typhon :(

The final stage I had to switch things up a bit, I used the team in the photo:
Celes (Poison, Water Strike and Magic Shield)
Cyan (Magic Break, Retaliate and Bushido Flurry as I have Kiku-ichimonji)
Lenna (Curaga, Slowga and Mass Regen)
Tidus (Boost and Double Cut)
Locke (Armor Break and Double Cut)

Now that we have Phoenix, Josef's special SB might be a little more useful. Still very situational, but against a Fire weak boss, it may be worth a shot.

Made a google doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1223G_WKzpI2xufYj0x-ZgwtXlPZrhqwtr1qEd8uVPW4/edit?usp=sharing

Left the second column blank because I'm not sure how inviting friends actually works (name? ID? not really sure)

EDIT: apologies, took me ages to find the setting that allows other people to edit, they changed it since I last used it

awesome, will add myself to it when i get home. not sure items like the mystery veil will work the same way but you never know.

Man quake really loses its mojo against these harder elite mobs. I'm glad I have it at r2 for quick dailies and leveling chars but I think I'm going to drop it for the last of tthe Locke elites.

Jesus. I got wiped on Airship with Orthros and his buddy. I didn't even kill Orthros and ran out of abilities. That was even without hardly touching his buddy. And there's another boss after that. Crazy HP on these guys. Had nigh on full synergy barring the odd character and weapon.

Well I'm out for this event. Back to dailys.

Wazzy

Banned
Yooooo those updates coming uppppppp

Also seeing people master Red Dragon makes me want to try. I've def got the abilities and maybe I'll have Terra and Locke in 40's by tomorrow.

I have Intimidate at 4 uses, Quake at 4 uses, Dark Buster and Venom at 2 uses(I can upgrade if necessary) all the breaks at 2 uses but I can upgrade most once though I need Greater non-elemental since I don't have magic breakdown, just magic break. I also have reflect and Doublecuts at 4 uses.

My party will look something like:
Cloud
Tidus
Terra
Rinoa
Locke

And I'll need to figure out the setups.
*has a grand total of zero 5* SB weapons*

Everybody will want to be my friend.
Well you know I will be!

Well you know I will be!
<3

I'll try to serve you well with my standard lame Soul Breaks that everyone else has.

Edit: Does anyone remember exactly which 5* relics were incorrectly listed when they first made the rate boost announcement on 6/1? I got a message back from SE asking for more info about the situation. I remember that there were more 5* relics listed in the announcement than were actually present in the rate up banner, but I can remember exactly which ones. I'm hoping they'll be able to offer me a refund for the discrepancy, but I want to make sure to send them as much info as possible. Thanks.

Floating continent escape is considerably easier than airship, so if you can't beat airship you might try nelapa first, weak to ice and lightning, so bmage with one and retaliate/spellsword with the other, pretty straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom