• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Current JPN event going on is another VIII event with Seifer as the reward. Item banner has Squall's Flame Saber with a completely fucking OP Blasting Zone SB. https://xn--ffrk-8i9hs14f.gamematom...12460;ー【Ⅷ】#special

paging wazzy

Now that we have Phoenix, Josef's special SB might be a little more useful. Still very situational, but against a Fire weak boss, it may be worth a shot.

I wish I'd gotten the Giants Gloves the moment I pulled Lenna's Healing rod, specially now that I know Noble Sacrifice doesn't penalize you for medals at the end.

I could technically sacrifice off a weakened Josef for a party buff, then bring him back to full HP again. :(

And hell, Noble Sacrifice friend summon would be a full party attack buff with no one in your party actually dying. Sounds great to me!

Roto13

Hot damn, I've been waiting for this.

In sadder news, I finally got a 3 star relic from the common pull and its a diamond mace. I didn't get the ones from the event. No fake 5 star for me. :(

Wazzy

Banned
<3

I'll try to serve you well with my standard lame Soul Breaks that everyone else has.

Edit: Does anyone remember exactly which 5* relics were incorrectly listed when they first made the rate boost announcement on 6/1? I got a message back from SE asking for more info about the situation. I remember that there were more 5* relics listed in the announcement than were actually present in the rate up banner, but I can remember exactly which ones. I'm hoping they'll be able to offer me a refund for the discrepancy, but I want to make sure to send them as much info as possible. Thanks.
And I will use them happily! :D

Were specific ones listed? I was reading a few pages back when Locke event was released and it seems it was just a 4% on SB weapons since no one specified any.

Wazzy

Banned
Grinding characters to 50 feels like such a chore and really makes me miss the flan grinding. I kind of wish I had finished a couple more characters before it ended.
i realise that they need to keep us interested so that we keep spending money but i like the continued content support this game is getting.

Well we are following the Japan version which already has all of this and more. :p

Well we are following the Japan version which already has all of this and more. :p
haha yeah, but i am surprised that the game ever got this deep, with the record materias and such. seems there is a lot of room for strategy as the game develops, which seems unusual for a game intended to make us pay.

Wazzy

Banned
haha yeah, but i am surprised that the game ever got this deep, with the record materias and such. seems there is a lot of room for strategy as the game develops, which seems unusual for a game intended to make us pay.

There's a couple F2P's that are really well designed. Terra Battle and One Piece treasure Cruise are two other F2P's that are great to play.

But yeah it makes the stay with this game so much better.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I really need to get Tidus to level 50 for the event with his record materia. But he's only level 31 and I don't have ANY characters at level 50 yet (my closest is Rydia at 47 and Rinoa at 45)

Same here, I've ignored him since the start for the most part. What's the easiest way to level him?

I also need to get my Summoner up to 50 at some point.

Noi

Hot tip for anyone preparing to do Phoenix Cave: Phantom Train (Elite) is both a good place to level up FF6 characters and commonly drops two and three star Ice orbs, the latter of which are needed for any Watera/Water Strike honing.10k gil payout at the end and it only costs 28 stamina to run through the whole dungeon.

Red Mage

Hot tip for anyone preparing to do Phoenix Cave: Phantom Train (Elite) is both a good place to level up FF6 characters and commonly drops two and three star Ice orbs, the latter of which are needed for any Watera/Water Strike honing.10k gil payout at the end and it only costs 28 stamina to run through the whole dungeon.

PT also drops Greater Dark Orbs.

Wazzy

Banned

I've just been running Vector. Is PT elite even better for experience?

Falk

that puzzling face
I really need to get Tidus to level 50 for the event with his record materia. But he's only level 31 and I don't have ANY characters at level 50 yet (my closest is Rydia at 47 and Rinoa at 45)

Since I had someone ask me about it elsewhere and it was a little misleadingly worded in my crystal ball post:

You do -not- need a character to be 50 to obtain their Memory Crystal. (Obviously they do need to be 50 to use it)

I had a comment about how Squall's event is trickier since levelling him to 50 in time might be tough. That was in reference to the event (since it's the typical "____ must not be KO'd" requirement at the final boss, I believe), not the Memory Crystal.

Razmos

Since I had someone ask me about it elsewhere and it was a little misleadingly worded in my crystal ball post:

You do -not- need a character to be 50 to obtain their Memory Crystal. (Obviously they do need to be 50 to use it)

I had a comment about how Squall's event is trickier since levelling him to 50 in time might be tough. That was in reference to the event (since it's the typical "____ must not be KO'd" requirement at the final boss, I believe), not the Memory Crystal.
Oh!
Well that's a relief. thanks for clarifying that.

Noi

I've just been running Vector. Is PT elite even better for experience?

I couldn't tell ya cause I don't know what the Vector payout is, but PT is 2k~ exp per round, with there being 8 rounds total. Slightly more if you get a four enemy round.

Either way, the ice orbs make up for any exp deficiency really.

I couldn't tell ya cause I don't know what the Vector payout is, but PT is 2k~ exp per round, with there being 8 rounds total. Slightly more if you get a four enemy round.

Either way, the ice orbs make up for any exp deficiency really.
Vector - Streets is 5 rounds for 6 stamina w/ 4-5 enemies per round. I just ran it and received 7k exp.

Razmos

Sigh, you know what I want more than anything else in this game? an option to select realms from a list instead of that fucking scrolling door thing we have. I scroll just slightly, enough to say, go from FFI to FFII and the damn thing scrolls all the way to XIII, I try and go back and it goes all the way to I, then back to XIII, then down to IV, then up to X.

It takes like 10 minutes of frustrated scrolling to get to the realm I want, and that's going to get even worse when IX and XII content is released soon.

It's being completely unresponsive on Android now as well, it takes me like 3 swipes to make it move at all, and when it does it overshoots like crazy all the way to the end.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

So you just need to finish the event with the character in the party and not get them KO'd then? Or is that a separate thing?

Sigh, you know what I want more than anything else in this game? an option to select realms from a list instead of that fucking scrolling door thing we have. I scroll just slightly, enough to say, go from FFI to FFII and the damn thing scrolls all the way to XIII, I try and go back and it goes all the way to I, then back to XIII, then down to IV, then up to X.

It takes like 10 minutes of frustrated scrolling to get to the realm I want, and that's going to get even worse when IX and XII content is released soon.

It's being completely unresponsive on Android now as well, it takes me like 3 swipes to make it move at all, and when it does it overshoots like crazy all the way to the end.

Have you tried forcing hardware acceleration?

Yogg

I was about to start my first attempt at Red Dragon when I saw this post on reddit saying reflect is actually useless there, his eraser timer being different from his regular ATB skills. Now I'm hesitating with keeping reflect in my setup or replacing it with an additional double cut or maybe a kirin.

Any input ? And you guys who beat it with reflect, did you notice it being useless ?

Noi

Its still incredibly annoying no doubt, but you can actually go into realms next to the door you're facing by tapping the edge of the screen. I do it it all the time whenever I overshoot a door.

I was about to start my first attempt at Red Dragon when I saw this post on reddit saying reflect is actually useless there, his eraser timer being different from his regular ATB skills. Now I'm hesitating with keeping reflect in my setup or replacing it with an additional double cut or maybe a kirin.

Any input ? And you guys who beat it with reflect, did you notice it being useless ?

Not useless. Using Reflect made him go four whole turns without attacking my party offensively (when he had slow so he had no chance to act before my reflecter) and is the only reason I even eeked a victory by.

What places are people farming good stuff (like Greater Orbs/Power/Black in general) that's worthwhile?

I find most dailys like todays to be a waste. Not just for the fact I have most of those orbs already, but the amount you get in Heroic isn't worth the stamina. Especially when there's such a low chance of getting Greater.

Falk

that puzzling face
So you just need to finish the event with the character in the party and not get them KO'd then? Or is that a separate thing?

Two separate things.

Getting a memory crystal is a very specific objective. (e.g. for Squall event, it's beating T-Rex Elite, or Stage 5 Elite)

Character in the party was more a general thing, since 1) they have RS so they rock at their own events and we aren't exactly rolling in some realm's characters just yet 2) some bosses have "that guy mustn't be KO'd" as a medal requirement. (e.g. last Elite boss of Squall event)

What places are people farming good stuff (like Greater Orbs/Power/Black in general) that's worthwhile?

I find most dailys like todays to be a waste.

I osmose'd your luck.

iYlEzFx.jpg

edit: I also osmosed my ability to read lol. I don't think anyone has a shortage of 4* Power/Black/White just yet, but a shortage of the other flavors, since the last batch of dungeon elites handed out 4* Power/Black/White like candy.

Razmos

Reposting the friend system Google Doc link for the new page, add your stuffs!
Someone showed up as "Anonymous Ifrit" before which is kinda fitting :p

Have you tried forcing hardware acceleration?
I play the game on Bluestacks and don't know if it's possible to do that :/

Its still incredibly annoying no doubt, but you can actually go into realms next to the door you're facing by tapping the edge of the screen. I do it it all the time whenever I overshoot a door.
I didn't know that, I'll have to try it.

edit: I also osmosed my ability to read lol. I don't think anyone has a shortage of 4* Power/Black/White just yet, but a shortage of the other flavors, since the last batch of dungeon elites handed out 4* Power/Black/White like candy.

I've used a lot of them up now (except those shitty Whites that you get 10 to the dozen). And seeing as they are used for lots of key abilities, I always run low.

Razmos

Interesting question, since I don't know how the Friends system works at all, since I have Soul Break weapons for Core characters, would GAF be interested in a diverse list of friends or 20 Kains? =)
Hmm, I'm pretty sure we all have those items, and they aren't particularly useful. The character specific soul breaks for the other characters pretty much outclass them in every single way so there doesn't seem to be much point.

I don't think anyone would use those soul breaks as their "support" soul breaks when so much better ones are available

Falk

that puzzling face
Why were you people saying great sword > falchion a falchion ++ > great sword ++. Falcion + is worse then great sword ++ by like 6 points

I made a typo. Greatsword++ > Falchion+ was the intended statement (which is what Lethe and Magitek Infiltration provided, respectively). Obviously if you had another Falchion lying around for a Falchion++ it's way better.

I also temporarily confused myself because I'd managed to make a Main Gauche++ because I had one lying around and Locke event gives two, and it turned out to be 113 or worse than Greatsword++ because lol daggers.

Noi

The only core character SB that could potentially be useful would be Bard's Valor Minuet II, though i don't know how much that does buff the party or for how long. It's a two gauge SB too.

Roto13

i realise that they need to keep us interested so that we keep spending money but i like the continued content support this game is getting.

I've been playing Marvel Future Fight, which has been public for about a month, and yesterday I realized that I've about hit a wall and there hasn't been any new content added the entire time I've been playing it. Made me appreciate just how much stuff Record Keeper gets every single week.

So I've been grinding characters like the Summoner for nothing? :p

I hit a stop @ Ifrit/ Shiva Elite. Tried twice and cannot beat them even with full health and abilities (I get rid of the trash pretty easily). I perfectly landed 2x Blizzaga, 2x Firaga (every hit 5000 damage) and 2x Blizzara Strike on them plus 2x Magic/ Armor/ Power Break and 2x 4x Double Cuts and they STILL WON.

They have so much health it is crazy. I need that Enemy Health Bar to see if I am making any progress or not...

I also need 4x Blizzaga and 4x Firaga for that fight, stat.

Funny thing is... going back to the Painting Elites now is mega easy.

I will try Ifrit/ Shiva again after Locke reaches LVL30 and I get a 4x -ga spell.

I've been playing Marvel Future Fight, which has been public for about a month, and yesterday I realized that I've about hit a wall and there hasn't been any new content added the entire time I've been playing it. Made me appreciate just how much stuff Record Keeper gets every single week.

Try Dragon Blaze. Despite the stupid name, this is honestly one of the most in depth F2P games I've seen. It has guilds, guild battles, real time multiplayer, PVP. I've tried other games like this in the past and they've all crumbled under their own complexity because they obviously had a shitty engineering team behind it, but Dragon Blaze honestly seems really well done (and this is coming from someone who actually wrote the server for an online game)

Road

The only core character SB that could potentially be useful would be Bard's Valor Minuet II, though i don't know how much that does buff the party or for how long. It's a two gauge SB too.

Valor Minuet II is +40% atk for 20 seconds. Black Mage's Magic Signet could be useful too, with +50% mag to the user for 30 seconds. Heck, even White Mage's putrid party heal is better than nothing.

But since everyone has them, I agree there's no point adding them to the list.

We also have to remember we choose only one character to be the friend, so if someone has multiple 5* soul breaks, only one can be used at any given time. Also, said character must be equipped with his/her/its appropriate soul break weapon/armor. Last reminder, the soul breaks use the friend's stats for damage and duration (support).

Wazzy

Banned

Xetherion

On Android devices, go to your settings, find the Force GPU Rendering option, and turn it on. Helps immensely with the scrolling issues. Not sure how you would do this on Bluestacks though.

Valor Minuet II is +40% atk for 20 seconds. Black Mage's Magic Signet could be useful too, with +50% mag to the user for 30 seconds. Heck, even White Mage's putrid party heal is better than nothing.

But since everyone has them, I agree there's no point adding them to the list.

We also have to remember we choose only one character to be the friend, so if someone has multiple 5* soul breaks, only one can be used at any given time. Also, said character must be equipped with his/her/its appropriate soul break weapon/armor. Last reminder, the soul breaks use the friend's stats for damage and duration (support).

The black Mage break is underrated. I was doing crazy damage with him using that when I was dragging his happy ass on the way to level 49, one battle from 50.

Razmos

lol, shoutout to DeejayDoom lurking in this thread waiting to be accepted ;)

Lurkers are obviously welcome to add their details to the spreadsheet, the more the merrier.

Wazzy

Banned
lol, shoutout to DeejayDoom lurking in this thread waiting to be accepted ;)

Lurkers are obviously welcome to add their details to the spreadsheet, the more the merrier.

lmao I saw that

Also should we make people space out their adds so that in the future adding SB's is easier? Like a minimum of 5 spaces for each poster?

rybrad

I just barely won (4 dead, healer auto attack finished it) on the Locke event Esper Caves elite. Is it pretty much just a waste of stamina if I attempt the remaining elite dungeons?

Wait wait wait.
So we DON'T have to level the white mage/black mage/summoner to 50 in order to get their record materia to equip for other characters?

Falk

that puzzling face
So I've been grinding characters like the Summoner for nothing? :p

You're confusing Memory Crystal and Record Materia.

- You collect Memory Crystal
- You get character to 50
- You use Memory Crystal (prereq: lv50)
- You gets the hose again the character's 1st Record Materia, level raised to 65, Materia slot, etc.

No 50, no Record Materia.

Also Summoner is additional sux because his 2nd Record Materia (the one you want) requires you to chuck him in your active party and pray to RNGesus, as opposed to e.g. BM/WHM which are simple quests.

Razmos

lmao I saw that

Also should we make people space out their adds so that in the future adding SB's is easier? Like a minimum of 5 spaces for each poster?
No point really, if you have one to add you can just right click on the row number and select "Insert 1 Below".

Space isn't an issue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom