• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

Try Dragon Blaze. Despite the stupid name, this is honestly one of the most in depth F2P games I've seen. It has guilds, guild battles, real time multiplayer, PVP. I've tried other games like this in the past and they've all crumbled under their own complexity because they obviously had a shitty engineering team behind it, but Dragon Blaze honestly seems really well done (and this is coming from someone who actually wrote the server for an online game)

Yeah, I took a look at that OT. Game looks legit. I might give it a go sometime. People in the OT seem happy with it.

You're confusing Memory Crystal and Record Materia.

- You collect Memory Crystal
- You get character to 50
- You use Memory Crystal (prereq: lv50)
- You gets the hose again the character's 1st Record Materia, level raised to 65, Materia slot, etc.

No 50, no Record Materia.

Also Summoner is additional sux because his 2nd Record Materia (the one you want) requires you to chuck him in your active party and pray to RNGesus, as opposed to e.g. BM/WHM which are simple quests.

His first record materia isn't the one that recharges summons between floors? D: D: D:

Yogg

I just beat Red Dragon. I lost 4 stars from damage taken and actions, and sadly 3 more stars because terra died right before the final blow and I didn't s/l fast enough (I actually wasn't expecting the fight to be already over and wanted some more practice). So no mastery this time, but I'll absolutely go back in for mastery later. I'll do continent escape first for completion.

That was my group:
pyl4pyEl.jpg

It went smoothly overall, killed it on my third try with this unfortunate death.

I just barely won (4 dead, healer auto attack finished it) on the Locke event Esper Caves elite. Is it pretty much just a waste of stamina if I attempt the remaining elite dungeons?

Without reflect and/or intimidate in second phase, I'd rate it the second toughest boss in the event. I had to start again for him just to equip intimidate and reflect, and the fight was very easy the second time.

edit: Is it me or do the bosses attack close range characters more often ? I had only Cloud in the first row on Red Dragon, and I swear his melee attacks were aimed at him about 75% of the time.

Just beat Ultima weapon after about 20 s/lds. No mythril used, threw everyone but cloud in the back row and after a while of regular attacks aided by slows and intimidates and tidus' delay attack, turned on the full bore retaliate, running through every ability. Not fun, glad I got mastery so I won't have to try again. Down to airship and red dragon.

One nice thing about these elites is that you can run two with one full stamina bar, none of this 75 stars required business of the normal portraits.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh man, Reddit is reporting that reflect doesn't actually do what we think it does for Red Dragon.

Apparently Eraser is used like an interrupt/free action in response to Reflect, and doesn't actually replace Red Dragon's turn. In other words, Reflect doesn't actually do anything but waste your turn since Red Dragon removes it for free. A giant placebo.

Thinking back to my messing around in Classic mode while S/Ling a bunch to figure out his AI, I think there may be some truth to it. Not 100% sure though. I was initially chalking it down to Red Dragon having an absurd ATB gauge fill rate.

rybrad

Without reflect and/or intimidate in second phase, I'd rate it the second toughest boss in the event. I had to start again for him just to equip intimidate and reflect, and the fight was very easy the second time.
I had neither of those so I will keep on trucking and see if I can finish these other elites then. Thanks for the input.

Balphon

I hit a stop @ Ifrit/ Shiva Elite. Tried twice and cannot beat them even with full health and abilities (I get rid of the trash pretty easily). I perfectly landed 2x Blizzaga, 2x Firaga (every hit 5000 damage) and 2x Blizzara Strike on them plus 2x Magic/ Armor/ Power Break and 2x 4x Double Cuts and they STILL WON.

They have so much health it is crazy. I need that Enemy Health Bar to see if I am making any progress or not...

I also need 4x Blizzaga and 4x Firaga for that fight, stat.

Funny thing is... going back to the Painting Elites now is mega easy.

I will try Ifrit/ Shiva again after Locke reaches LVL30 and I get a 4x -ga spell.

Shiva and Ifrit do not share a health pool. Don't spread your damage.

Yogg

I had neither of those so I will keep on trucking and see if I can finish these other elites then. Thanks for the input.

Just to be clear, the reflect is to be used on the boss before he enters his second phase, that way he'll bounce his haste/shell/protect buffs towards your group. It's not necessary to win the fight if you can keep him paralyzed, but it's a huge buffer if things don't go perfectly.

Oh man, Reddit is reporting that reflect doesn't actually do what we think it does for Red Dragon.

I was pointing it out in the previous page, that reddit post got me unsecure with my setup right before I went for my first try at Red Dragon. I finally opted for no reflect and I replaced it with boost to speed things up. The fight went overall smoothly that way, but I can't confirm reflect is useless since it was my first try at it.

Yogg

I might just drop the caster and do 4 melee man-mode lineup for Atma Weapon and Red Dragon.

I almost feel like I over-prepared for red dragon. Ultima Weapon was much tougher to me, and I beat it after countless s/l using my very last charge of my very last ability. That was with a 4 melee, boost/armor-break/retaliate setup, and 4 charges of intimidate. If I had to change one thing to make it easier, it would be bringing 6 charges of intimidate instead of 4.

thedan001

Don't have access to computer atm, someone can add my name to the googledoc for me

Sentinels grimoire
Official ball
Lustrous shield

I have Valkyrie and Rising Sun as well but I will use the above mentioned so I wouldn't use damage dealing SB's

Edit: Thanks!

Razmos

Don't have access to computer atm, someone can add my name to the googledoc for me

Sentinels grimoire
Official ball
Lustrous shield

I have Valkyrie and Rising Sun as well but I will use the above mentioned so I wouldn't use damage dealing SB's
Done :)

Just struggled through Vector (Elite) in the event, wasn't expecting the enemy to use Reflect straight away, Rinoa was useless through most of the battle.

Is there even a reason to do Airship? The rewards suck. Greater Summon Orb...ok, great. Greater Fire Orb(I don't have 18 already of those?).

I'm down to the final 4 on Elite. Don't think I can master any of them from stuff I've been hearing in conjunction with my failed attempt against Nelapa yesterday.

Falk

that puzzling face
Guys

Guys

I just realized Nelapa is supposed to be a sexy harlequin and not some werid paddle-shaped thing with a face in the middle of a paddle.

Help.

My childhood.

Negator

Guys

Guys

I just realized Nelapa is supposed to be a sexy harlequin and not some werid paddle-shaped thing with a face in the middle of a paddle.

Help.

My childhood.

Now that we can see these sprites in higher clarity I've been making all sorts of discoveries like this.

Yogg

Just finished Floating Continent - Escape. It was much easier than Esper Caves, Airship, or Ultima. I ended the fight with 34 seconds left. I just stocked up my party on the best Ice/Lightning skills I had, and rolled over the trash rounds with bladeblitz, quake and retaliate.

This one is nowhere near the top on the difficulty scale for this event. Ice and Lightning vulnerabilities are a blessing, and we've so many of them that every group round can easily deal 30k damage. Honing is not even that important since the fight ends in a few turns one way or the other.

Ultima gets the cake for me, followed by Red Dragon and Airship. Put Esper Cave somewhere in there if you don't have intimidate/reflect.

Falk

that puzzling face
Airship is a little harder to rank, though, as its difficulty is spread between two bosses. Meaning you potentially could mythril your way through it even if you couldn't mythril your way through Red Dragon or Atma.

You're confusing Memory Crystal and Record Materia.

- You collect Memory Crystal
- You get character to 50
- You use Memory Crystal (prereq: lv50)
- You gets the hose again the character's 1st Record Materia, level raised to 65, Materia slot, etc.

No 50, no Record Materia.

Also Summoner is additional sux because his 2nd Record Materia (the one you want) requires you to chuck him in your active party and pray to RNGesus, as opposed to e.g. BM/WHM which are simple quests.

so if the squall event gives us both squall and his memory crystal, we won't have to get him to level 50 during the limited time of the event, will we? has there been an event that tough in japan yet?

Vorpal

This is probably wishful thinking, but does the "Adds light ice damage" effect of Icebrand/Ice Rod boost the damage of Watera? Or is there an "Adds light water damage" modifer somewhere out there?

Yogg

If I understand it right, with the friend system you'll be able to select a friend or somebody random (if you've got no friends registered) and use that friend's SB twice.

I'll quote those infos from a reddit post:
  • You can only use each individual player once per day.
  • The power of the SB scales by the equipped gear.
  • RS applies! This counts for both gear and characters, if you're doing an FF6 dungeon, choosing an FF6 character for your friend summon will give you the RS for that character, even if the character perfoming the SB (i.e. your own character) is from a different realm.
  • You can follow up to 100 players. Following a player increases the chance they appear in the list of 10 players, but you will still have some random players in the list.
  • You will recieve 200 gil per time someone uses your character as a friend summon (received on daily login).

So is it twice the SB of a friend per dungeon, round, or day ?

If I understand it right, with the friend system you'll be able to select a friend or somebody random (if you've got no friends registered) and use that friend's SB twice.

I'll quote those infos from a reddit post:
  • You can only use each individual player once per day.
  • The power of the SB scales by the equipped gear.
  • RS applies! This counts for both gear and characters, if you're doing an FF6 dungeon, choosing an FF6 character for your friend summon will give you the RS for that character, even if the character perfoming the SB (i.e. your own character) is from a different realm.
  • You can follow up to 100 players. Following a player increases the chance they appear in the list of 10 players, but you will still have some random players in the list.
  • You will recieve 200 gil per time someone uses your character as a friend summon (received on daily login).

So is it twice the SB of a friend per dungeon, round, or day ?

I'll use the same terminology used by the game's data files:

World = one of the doors you click on from the main screen, or an event banner.
Example: FF6, Daily Dungeon, The Pulse Fal'cie, Legendary Plunderer

Dungeon = Once you're inside of a world, the next thing you click on
Example: Figaro Castle 1, Phoneix Cave (Elite), Sea of Elements: Heroic

Battle: An individual level inside of a dungeon. Entering a battle consumes stamina
Example: Sea of Elements: Heroic - Stage 1, Esper Cave - Depths

Round: The units that a battle is divided into. After you complete all the rounds of a battle, you get exp and get sent back to the battle list.

So, you can choose a friend to join you for a dungeon. He will be present for all battles of the dungeon, and you can use his soul break at most twice during the entire dungeon.

Xetherion

Airship is a little harder to rank, though, as its difficulty is spread between two bosses. Meaning you potentially could mythril your way through it even if you couldn't mythril your way through Red Dragon or Atma.

What do you mean? You know you can use mythril to revive and still get fully healed, AND you get a bonus on top of that, right?

Edit: Nevermind, i get what you mean.

Falk

that puzzling face
so if the squall event gives us both squall and his memory crystal, we won't have to get him to level 50 during the limited time of the event, will we? has there been an event that tough in japan yet?

You'd want to just because he rocks at the event (record synergy, etc)

What do you mean? You know you can use mythril to revive and still get fully healed, AND you get a bonus on top of that, right?

Airship has two boss events. If you had badly honed abilities and needed all of them to clear either boss, you can mythril on the second one and essentially do exactly that (use all your abilities to clear each boss)

Compare that to Atma or Red Dragon, where if you had badly honed abilities, you're shit out of luck. Unless you wanna continuously burn mythril to get a ridiculous level of buff or RNG +charges.

chrono01

Added myself to the Google Doc!

We should probably hide the link behind an email tag though [quote to see], just in case someone from outside of GAF decides to mess everything up.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm going to attempt Red Dragon either tonight or tomorrow. My abilities are honed enough for the fight, though I'll probably hone Watera a bit more.

This wasn't answered before so I'll ask again,

Is how far we've gone in these events saved for the next time they cycle through? I'm under the impression that they'll make their return. Also, if they do come back, can we receive the rewards again?

Razmos

This wasn't answered before so I'll ask again,

Is how far we've gone in these events saved for the next time they cycle through? I'm under the impression that they'll make their return. Also, if they do come back, can we receive the rewards again?
I think I've seen this answered before somewhere, and the answer is yes your progress is saved, no you can't get the rewards again.

Roto13

[*]You will recieve 200 gil per time someone uses your character as a friend summon (received on daily login).

Y'know, it'd be nice if bonuses like these scaled with how much progress you've made in-game. 200 gil is nothing. Most of the daily checkin rewards are nothing, too. Except Mythril.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Any easy spots to grind Locke solo for XP? I have him up to level 23 already, but I've had all the other FFVI chars at 50 for a while. I have 5 Elite dungeons left for the event, but I don't think I have enough honed abilities to power through them all.

This Locke event is stupid who thought a good idea for an event was to just replay all of FFVI AGAIN? Maybe if this was like a very early event and teased future content

Falk

that puzzling face
This Locke event is stupid who thought a good idea for an event was to just replay all of FFVI AGAIN? Maybe if this was like a very early event and teased future content

Yeh, if you step back and look at the progression of events on the timeline, it feels a lot like Locke event was a final-nail-in-coffiin "we dun goofed" ordeal, since all events after this one followed a more refined/standardized formula - normal, elite, and a bonus boss rush.

Ridiculous 15-stage retreads or grindy events made themselves scarce.

Yeh, if you step back and look at the progression of events on the timeline, it feels a lot like Locke event was a final-nail-in-coffiin "we dun goofed" ordeal, since all events after this one followed a more refined/standardized formula - normal, elite, and a bonus boss rush.

Ridiculous 15-stage retreads or grindy events made themselves scarce.

I don't ind the multi stage events, but FFS don't just have us redo EVERYTHING again, glad to hear it's not an issue going forward

SUPER IMPORTANT QUESTION

What should I do? Combine my 4* Crystal Armor into a 4*+ Crystal Armor, or buff it up to have two maxed 4* Crystal Armor?

I need greater elementals and one greater dark. recommendations?

elite dwarf castle or Locke figaro castle for greater non elemental. which is preferable? dwarf castle is repeatable, figaro is quick and easy and I don't have to swap my equips.

where for dark? I have had no luck getting greaters out of the dailies. phantom train?

I suck at s/l apparently and have had to rerun dungeons too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom