• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

I need greater elementals and one greater dark. recommendations?

elite dwarf castle or Locke figaro castle for greater non elemental. which is preferable? dwarf castle is repeatable, figaro is quick and easy and I don't have to swap my equips.

where for dark? I have had no luck getting greaters out of the dailies. phantom train?

I suck at s/l apparently and have had to rerun dungeons too often.
Yeah apparently Phantom Train elite is the way to go for darks.

I'm fighting the Red Dragon and trying the intimidate method..... I get " No Effect" everytime. Does this mean its missing or does it simply not work on it?

Reload 10 times now and not a single one landed.

Nohar

Well, I guess I hit a wall. I can't beat Ultros+Typhoon on the Airship (Legendary Plunder event), even after running out of abilities, and I'm not going to spend Mythril (or money). I guess there is no point trying to fight the Red Dragon :s

Gosh, that difficulty spike is absolutly insane.

Unrelated: Oh COME ON! Right after reading about the spider thread on the Gaming section (with a beautiful .gif of a girl hosting a spider in her mouth), I went to brush my teeth, only to find a huge one right next to my toothbrush. Seriously. Mrgrgr.

Ashodin

I am going to have so many Record Materias!
surprise.gif

elite dwarf castle or Locke figaro castle for greater non elemental. which is preferable? dwarf castle is repeatable, figaro is quick and easy and I don't have to swap my equips.

where for dark? I have had no luck getting greaters out of the dailies. phantom train?

Someone is trying for magic breakdown. I need 1 of each to create it myself.

What part do you suck at? Aren't you using the airplane mode trick? There's not really any way to mess it up.

Finally ran into some trouble in the Locke Elite events. Orthos & Typhoon are not going down easy, and after that there's still a whole other boss fight.

I might just skip right to the Phoenix Cave and attempt to get Phoenix because the rest of the rewards left aren't that special. Or maybe I'll adjust my strategy and try The Airship again... ?_?

The notes for Kain are hilarious :lol

Karma bit me. I single-pulled a 5* I didn't want: A second Golden Spear. The game really wants me to love Kain: a Blood Lance, a Trident, and two Golden Spears. Tyro got to 50 being my retaliate machine with the Blood Lance

What part do you suck at? Aren't you using the airplane mode trick? There's not really any way to mess it up.

Too slow on the draw, I wait too long wishfully thinking and the round is over and I load back to the main screen!

Edit: I remember now. I've been double pressing the home button on the iPad, before with siren and the cowl I was swiping up. That should be much faster and resolve the issue. Ugh, feel dumb!

Too slow on the draw, I wait too long wishfully thinking and the round is over and I load back to the main screen!

Hmm. Are you not familiar with the airplane mode trick? Put your phone in airplane mode, instead of going back to the main screen you'll get a connection error. *that's* when you S/L. But before starting the app back up, take off airplane mode. When you get back in you'll be at the beginning of the boss round, use flee and then re-enter the battle to start over from round 1 with a new set of drops.

Razmos

Karma bit me. I single-pulled a 5* I didn't want: A second Golden Spear. The game really wants me to love Kain: a Blood Lance, a Trident, and two Golden Spears. Tyro got to 50 being my retaliate machine with the Blood Lance
Nothing, nothing at all will ever make me love Kain. He was terrible in IV, terrible in Dissidia, terrible in Record Keeper.

His whole character is just a shitshow.
He's a rival for Cecil, then suddenly he's brainwashed! Then he's not, then he is again at a point where it's convenient for the plot, then he's not again, then he leaves to be a distant annoying loner. Then he returns in the sequel, seemingly evil again, except no, he's an imposter!

I just hate Kain so much.

Hmm. Are you not familiar with the airplane mode trick? Put your phone in airplane mode, instead of going back to the main screen you'll get a connection error. *that's* when you S/L. But before starting the app back up, take off airplane mode. When you get back in you'll be at the beginning of the boss round, use flee and then re-enter the battle to start over from round 1 with a new set of drops.

Heh, yeah see my edit, I forgot the right way to do its do was doing it the hard way. How embarrassing. I didn't need to go into airplane mode when fishing for cowls, just upslide, but considering my timing is off, better safe than sorry, and less annoying than running th daily!

Razmos

Aww sweet, just got this from a single pull.
d7936d5a5195d0a4b44fd81342e84f7c.png

I'd still like something actually XIII related from the Vanille banner, but i'm not complaining.

FireVoa

Have a question I'm hoping someone can answer, I only have 3 levels left to master in this event and the next one I plan on doing is Airship. The question is though can I equip a Flametongue weapon and have its light fire damage count against Ortho? I wanted to free up an ability slot with more ice and lightning damage for the fight that follows.

Leveling is going slowly. At this point my focus is 50 for Locke and Terra and then as a bonus attempt the event.

It's too close to Squall event for me to waste Mythril, especially if there's a chance he gets moved up.
How soon til squall? I thought next VIII event was Irvine.

Vorpal

It took a lot of trial and error, but I finally managed to Champion elite Red Dragon without using a mythril refresh!

7h3ocukl.png

Here was my loadout aka TEAM STATUS EFFECTS: http://i.imgur.com/opHFcMZ.jpg

Slow + Blind + Poison made it so that the only real threat was Southern Cross. When Red Dragon cast the first Flare, I used Magic Shield, went into burst mode, and hoped for the best. Flare Star was mostly manageable, but Wakka's RES was so low that he wouldn't survive it if he wasn't already at full health. I went with Retaliate, but it is by no means required here.

So really it boiled down to a lot of S/L. S/L if Blind & Poison didn't stick on the first round, if Flare Star came out before Magic Shield was up, etc. The most frustrating outcome was when a perfect run would get ruined by Southern Cross at the end--happened 3 times.

Even still, going after this has been a lot of fun

Wazzy

Banned
How soon til squall? I thought next VIII event was Irvine.
If we're following the order correctly, Squall is after the next couple events but he might get brought forward so for all we know he's the next upcoming event. If it's the proper order, he's in about two-ish weeks.

Irvine I believe is from the classics but I might be wrong. I don't recall an Irvine event.

Roto13

I decided to pull because of the 5 mythril we just got and the mythril I have yet to earn puts me with 5 left to another 11 pull.

The results were interesting.

That staff was one of my first relics I got and it has only ever left my party for the Lenna event, when I gave Lenna a crossbow.

Thanks to this staff, I still haven't had to craft Curaja.

GAMERG0D

That staff was one of my first relics I got and it has only ever left my party for the Lenna event, when I gave Lenna a crossbow.

Thanks to this staff, I still haven't had to craft Curaja.
I thought it was Vanille's at first but I guess it's cool. 3 FF XII spears though...

It took a lot of trial and error, but I finally managed to Champion elite Red Dragon without using a mythril refresh!

7h3ocukl.png

Here was my loadout aka TEAM STATUS EFFECTS: http://i.imgur.com/opHFcMZ.jpg

Slow + Blind + Poison made it so that the only real threat was Southern Cross. When Red Dragon cast the first Flare, I used Magic Shield, went into burst mode, and hoped for the best. Flare Star was mostly manageable, but Wakka's RES was so low that he wouldn't survive it if he wasn't already at full health. I went with Retaliate, but it is by no means required here.

So really it boiled down to a lot of S/L. S/L if Blind & Poison didn't stick on the first round, if Flare Star came out before Magic Shield was up, etc. The most frustrating outcome was when a perfect run would get ruined by Southern Cross at the end--happened 3 times.

Even still, going after this has been a lot of fun

You have had some nice relic pulls there! Congrats on defeating the dragon, I will take my shot tomorrow I think after upgrading some armor.

thedan001

Happy and scared for the friend summon feature

Happy because it brings in the social aspect to the game (albeit small but better than what we have now)

Scared because it's gonna bring the difficulty to a new level going forward

But also... glad for the 5 free mythril!
Just need DeNA to say "there's more where its from!"

Wazzy

Banned
I know 5 mythril pulls probably gives less disappointment but I honestly always do the 11 since the extra pull might be worth it.

I'll have at least three 11 pulls saved for Squall. God it will be brutal if I get nothing.

Falk

that puzzling face
I know 5 mythril pulls probably gives less disappointment but I honestly always do the 11 since the extra pull might be worth it.

I'll have at least three 11 pulls saved for Squall. God it will be brutal if I get nothing.

Bullshit, you're going to get Gunblade on the first pull and then Flame Saber on the second due to a bug.

And two more SeeD Uniforms.

edit:

So, I've mastered everything except Airship, Atma and Red Dragon. Originally I was waiting because I might as well do them post-patch, and I'd planned out my stamina in case they suddenly dropped SHINRA event today without any forewarning (greater-than-zero chance of that happening), but that hasn't happened. I think I'm gonna go farm more 4* Dark instead for now. Call me a wuss, I don't really care. :V I already know in terms of numbers I could Mastery all three with gratituous amounts of S/L and a Mythril for Red Dragon, but don't really see the point of wasting my (IRL) time when I could do it easier later on.

On that note, SHINRA event popped on JP without warning 3 days after Locke event. Considering how our schedule of 6-days-per-update has been already broken (Dungeon update is 5 days after Locke) and how Locke event only runs a week, which is shorter, there's still good reason to believe SHINRA event is coming soon, possibly unannounced. PRESUMABLY, even if unannounced, setting clock ahead would still pop the banner when it's coming, but who knows, there's not been a concrete precedent for us to refer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom