• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedan001

Bullshit, you're going to get Gunblade on the first pull and then Flame Saber on the second due to a bug.

And two more SeeD Uniforms.

2VHzNZM.jpg

i will legit die if it happens

Do the following to get desired drops:

1) complain on GAF about you never getting anything good from pulls
2) tell yourself that the last thing you want is any FFVIII 5*'s but you really need a Regal Gown and/or a Danjuro so you can combine 7*++'s instead
3) proceed to relic pull, and complain once again on GAF about your crappy Gunblade/SeeD Outfit pulls with a screenshot

Are spellsword attacks based on def or res of the enemy? For vit0 purposes. Also, for vit0 magic based, are people able to hit the cap with the aras or are the agas required? I'd like to try this exploit out before its patched and figure red dragon is a good candidate.

Falk

that puzzling face
Aras on a decent caster are enough.

I'm 90% sure that spellstrikes, for all intents and purposes, are physical attacks, i.e. ATK vs DEF, which are then multiplied by vulnerabilities/resistance.

That's what I've been noticing anyway - Cloud with retaliate meta and a spellstrike tends to hit harder with the spellstrike as well. (Granted, I could be full of it and just seeing the effects of Boost)

I guess I should go test it out for real with some stamina lol.

edit: Humbaba hit with Blizzara Strike, Armor Break, Blizzara Strike and nothing else

First hit: 3400
Second hit: 4100

Definitely affected by DEF. I'm an idiot and forgot to bring Mental Breakdown. Will do that next.

I'm 90% sure that spellstrikes, for all intents and purposes, are physical attacks, i.e. ATK vs DEF, which are then multiplied by vulnerabilities/resistance.

That's what I've been noticing anyway - Cloud with retaliate meta and a spellstrike tends to hit harder with the spellstrike as well. (Granted, I could be full of it and just seeing the effects of Boost)

They are physical attacks that deal more or less damage based on vulnerabilities or resist. You don't need high magic stat for spellstrike, you need high attack. And defense reduces the damage, not the resist stat.

Noi

Retaliate meta hot tip: The Ghasts in the Vanille event on Hard mode have a ridiculously high drop rate for two and three star power orbs (and /only/ those orbs). At 8 Stamina a pop, I've gotten at least one lesser orb on every single time for the past six or so attempts and you can fight them at the start of certain paths in the Hard route.

Pros
- Constant orb gain, even if its just one or two at a time

Cons
- Only two days left until the event ends
- May trigger PTSD to anyone who did the Celes event

edit: Humbaba hit with Blizzara Strike, Armor Break, Blizzara Strike and nothing else

First hit: 3400
Second hit: 4100

Definitely affected by DEF. I'm an idiot and forgot to bring Mental Breakdown. Will do that next.

They are physical attacks that deal more or less damage based on vulnerabilities or resist. You don't need high magic stat for spellstrike, you need high attack. And defense reduces the damage, not the resist stat.

Ah ok, got it. Didnt know if it was a combo of the two stats or just attack/defense. Thanks.

alcheim

Retaliate meta hot tip: The Ghasts in the Vanille event on Hard mode have a ridiculously high drop rate for two and three star power orbs (and /only/ those orbs). At 8 Stamina a pop, I've gotten at least one lesser orb on every single time for the past six or so attempts and you can fight them at the start of certain paths in the Hard route.

Pros

Cons

Thanks! Those power orbs are like the key element in most of the useful abilities, and I could never find a mob that dropped them at a decent rate.

Pros

Cons

Thanks. This will help out a bit. Just need more 3* power orbs for intimidate rank 3(6 uses). Will run this more tomorrow. Will also help getting double cut to 6 uses also. There may be hope for me yet in the Locke event(can't beat the final 4 stages...well, I've only tried on 2 of them).

Well fuck. I was doing fine on Red Dragon but Celes died and I said oh well whatever so I ended up winning but was 1 medal short of mastery. So I guess I'll go back and do it again in a few days. I even had a few major fuckups. I forgot to bring Poison, like an idiot, and instead gave Celes 4 shots of Water Strike, which didn't do a goddamn thing to the boss. My Crystal Helm + is also only 15/20 on Cyan, and 1/15 on Locke, so upgrading those with the daily coming up tonight should make a huge difference.

Locke's Hawkeye was MVP here, keeping the boss blinded most of the fight meaning I didn't really need Power Break.

Falk

that puzzling face
You... did Red Dragon without poison and still were only 1 medal short of mastery

What kind of monster are you D:

You... did Red Dragon without poison and still were only 1 medal short of mastery

What kind of monster are you D:

To be fair I only *think* I was one medal short on mastery, lol. I think I lost 9 total but I don't remember what they were. I think 8 is the minimum you can lose.

FWIW I S/L'ed the shit out of the trash using Cyan with Retaliate and Locke Double Cutting him. I lost 1 medal on the 2nd battle because retaliate wore off too soon and I had to finish the battle without it.

Then I S/L'ed some more on Red Dragon when you would use Fireball before I had gotten my first Magic Break on him and whatnot, and a few times when he used Southern Cross before I killed him. Not gonna lie though, I have pretty good gear and abilities. The funny thing was that Locke's Crystal Helm was 1/15, lol. Thing wasn't doing shit for him. And Cyan's was 15/20. So if I bump those up Cyan will be able to OHKO all of the trash, and if I don't act stupid by letting Celes stay dead for the whole fight, should go much better.

Mastered. :) Now I only need to master Elite Vector and plan minimum for Locke's Event will be met. Problem is I cannot even win the boss fight (so far). Gotta think of a better strategy. Then maybe I can try Thamasa... cause I will never even attemp Airship for what it is worth :p

Falk

that puzzling face
rofl the new set of mythril from daily login for the 3 month celebration is 10 more, instead of 4

I hope it's a mistake. And then they say "Due to the error in amount of free Mythril shown, we are providing all players with 5 free Mythril. On top of the extra 6 that originally weren't part of the plan"

Falk

that puzzling face
Okay, I ran some brief tests, and came to some startling results which probably needs more testing:

I was wondering how effective Fire Ring was considering the game gives you one in a dungeon where the final boss deals fire damage and it's 4*, so I took a team of Tyro/Cloud/Tifa (+Vanille to spam curaga) and tested damage in various situations. Tyro with no weapon casts Fire and Firaga on Tifa, Cloud with no weapon hits Tifa with Fire Strike

FFVII world, no ring equipped on Tifa
Fire: ~61
Firaga: ~191
Fire Strike: ~496

FFVII world, Fire Ring equipped on Tifa
Fire: ~48
Firaga: ~152
Fire Strike: ~397

FFX world, no ring equipped on Tifa
Fire: ~88
Firaga: ~271
Fire Strike: ~522

FFX world, Fire Ring equipped on Tifa
Fire: ~79
Firaga: ~244
Fire Strike: ~477

Observations:
- In non-RS worlds, Fire Ring reduces fire damage (magical + physical) by 10%
- In RS worlds, Fire Ring reduces fire damage (magical + physical) by 20%
- Tifa took more damage in FFX world than FFVII world.

The first two points are expected, and it's cool to have a solid number now.
The third, however, is interesting. Tifa gets synergy in FFVII, but I'm not sure if the almost 1/3 reduction in damage from Tyro comes solely from increased RES from RS and fits the damage calculation curve (after all, Tyro's MAG stat without a weapon really sucks), or if there's additional defensive bonus just by being an RS character.

The reduction in damage from Cloud is much less, which probably makes sense considering he also gains RS in VII.

I think more testing is required:

- replace Cloud with Celes just to see how much reduction in VII happens when Fire Strike user is non-RS
- play around with different equipment, so that Tifa has the exact same RES in the VII test vs the X test, Record Synergy taken into account. This will tell us exactly if there's an additional bonus on top of the MAG vs RES curve, simply by being a Record Synergy character
- Find out how much % reduction Ice Shield gives, in and out of IV worlds.
- Find out how the % reduction stacks (would be hilarious if additive) with Ice Shield and Fire Ring.

Vorpal

FFX world, Fire Ring equipped on Tifa
Fire: ~79
Firaga: ~244
Fire Strike: ~577.

Did Tifa really take 50ish additional damage from Fire Strike after equipping the Fire Ring in FFX? Or is that supposed to be 477?

The first two points are expected, and it's cool to have a solid number now.
The third, however, is interesting. Tifa gets synergy in FFVII, but I'm not sure if the almost 1/3 reduction in damage from Tyro comes solely from increased RES from RS and fits the damage calculation curve (after all, Tyro's MAG stat without a weapon really sucks), or if there's additional defensive bonus just by being an RS character.

The Fire Ring also has FFVII synergy, right? So maybe what we're seeing is that damage reduction modifiers increase with gear RS

Edit: Oh wait, you said that. I guess I don't understand why it's weird that Tifa's defense was better when she had RS plus a piece of gear with RS!

Falk

that puzzling face

im amazing

Edit: Oh wait, you said that. I guess I don't understand why it's weird that Tifa's defense was better when she had RS plus a piece of gear with RS!

Better, but cutting damage by 1/3 seems like a lot for whatever RES stat gain her RS gives. Like I said, I'm not sure if it's just due to Tyro's shitty MAG stat to begin with or there's more at play, hence the further (planned!) experiment to equip a weaker armor in FFVII to bring her RES stat extremely close (ideally identical) to FFX for another round of testing.

elty

How many medal do you need for champion? Is it 80%?

Trying the floating continent escape, lost a medal each in first 2 room.

Not sure I will be able to make it much further into the event on Elite. I think Vector is as far as I will get.

Same, I had a perfect run, 4x Thundagas, 2x Water Strikes on the Cranes, killed them with 0 KOs but still lost 4 Medals: 2 for damage, 2 for actions taken :( plus I think I lost a Medal or two on the trash before (but got Champion twice)... only Cloud can OHKO them, everyone else (Cyan, Borys, Locke, Celes etc.) needs two hits to kill them which is too much.

Expert again :( and I used 1 Mythril to refill :( shit, it hurts.

I need to level up my party until 2/4 melee guys both can OHKO the trash.

Jarekx

Think I might have to skip Airship for now. Going to try and hone some abilities today but I fear I'll still need a mithril between fights.

Maybe I'll try the other stages first.

Vorpal

Better, but cutting damage by 1/3 seems like a lot for whatever RES stat gain her RS gives. Like I said, I'm not sure if it's just due to Tyro's shitty MAG stat to begin with or there's more at play, hence the further (planned!) experiment to equip a weaker armor in FFVII to bring her RES stat extremely close (ideally identical) to FFX for another round of testing.

I getcha. Yeah, things could get pretty weird if there were hidden stat values for different kinds of RS.

Edit: Totally underestimated Atma Weapon. Gotdamn. I'm tired of Wakka eating dirt whenever a strong spell comes around.

Kaiterra

Banned
Wow, all these years didn't realize until this shot at Zozo in the event that the little mechanic enemies in FF6 are supposed to be goblins. Not until one of them used "Goblin Wrench." Then the Gobbledygook name suddenly made sense.

thedan001

Thanks to ghast farming in Vanille event, finished honing retaliate to 5/5 for 10 uses!

It costs 120k gil from rank 4 > 5

Double Cuts are next

When using a mythril to continue during a boss fight, what happens if you savescum afterwards? Does it continue from after the restart and keep the Phoenix Bonus buff?

Falk

that puzzling face
I was typing a long 4* farming primer for the new dungeons and closed the tab by accident.

Anyway, briefer version. This is merely a primer and not a proper guide as there's much more consolidated info out there (e.g. muketsu) I think cpp could chime in on droprates here. I'll be using the same terminology cpp does in this post.

======

What you should know with the new dungeon updates:

Elite bosses remains the best way to farm 4* orbs. Ideally you want to farm:
(1) A boss Battle that's also the first Battle of a Dungeon (best - e.g. Humbaba)
(2) *A boss Battle that is NOT the final Battle of a Dungeon (second best, because you can loop indefinitely* and not have to waste stamina on the previous stages each time - e.g. Asura in FFIV Feymarch)
(3) A boss Battle that is the final boss of a Dungeon, but the Dungeon uses little stam overall, and/or the boss Battle itself costs low stamina for airplane mode. (e.g. Phantom Train FFVI)

* Despite being able to loop the (2) case, you still want to use the airplane mode trick and only accept results if the 4* orb drops. That way you get refunded your abilities for attempts that don't drop the 4* which increases longevity, especially for difficult loops like Palumpolum.

======

Dark 4* drops off the 1st Battle of Prima Vista FFIX, so it's a much shorter yet loopable 17stam track than the other Dungeons that drop Dark. Boss has 35k HP.

*** Phantom Train is 24 + 5(loop) vs Prima Vista's 17(loop) and is thus actually might be superior depending on the drop rates, even if it requires autobattling through the first 6 Battles. Whether it's worth it probably depends on the exact drop rates of each, and how much stam is worth to you at the convenience of having to not go through all the autobattling in Phantom Train. We'll have a clearer verdict with cpp's data.

------

Earth 4* drops off 1st Battle of Nalbina FFXII, likewise for 17 stam.

------

Lightning 4* drops off 2nd Battle (penultimate boss) of Palumpolum 2 FFXIII, for 18 stam. However, it's tricky as it's a 89 difficulty Elite dungeon which isn't the first stage like the previous two, so it's a little hard to loop indefinitely. 100k HP and is weak to Thunder (ironically the exact shit you want to farm). If you have Syldra, Ramuh, Thundaga and/or Thundaja, I think a legitimate course of action would be to go get the BM/Summoner Record Materia first which should up offensive staying power a shit ton. I'm -pretty- sure the Record Materia 2 refreshes 1 ability on both slots each, but don't quote me on that.

The boss is not immune to anything outside Death/Gravity though, so Intimidate will work wonders, even if you can't recharge it like you can the Thunder abilities. (Hilariously enough Intimidate ALSO uses 3* Lightning Orbs so happy lightning farming)

------

Wind 4* Humbaba obviously

------

Power 4* currently drops off Asura in FFIV Feymarch at the moment (Penultimate boss), but it's a PITA to get to the boss, and a far better option (future FFII, first boss) comes around later, so don't farm this now if you don't absolutely need to.

The rest don't have anything notable and/or soon. However Lightning/Earth/Dark are currently the most useful, so having all three in a far more farmable state come this dungeon update is good info to have.

thedan001

This is great news, I've been looking into making and honing all the 4* hi-breaks

About to farm alot 4* non elemental orbs from Dwarven Castle, and these new orb drops will help out for miscellous orb requirements (magic breakdown needs 4* dark orb for example)

StMeph

All I really want in this game is to be able to form multiple teams so I don't have to keep switching party/gear/abilities every time I want to run different Events with RS.

Numbers pulled from FFRK Inspector:

Non-Elemental - Figaro Castle (Elite) - Exterior - 68 stamina / orb - 30 samples
Earth - Mist Cave (Elite) - Exit - 56 stamina / orb - 12 samples
Black - Tower of Babel - Depths (Elite) - 7th level - 43.33 stamina / orb (repeatable) - 52 samples
Wind(!!!) - Mt. Kolts (Elite) - Exit - 57 stamina / orb - 20 runs

I don't have enough runs recorded of Mobliz. There are only 10, but with the current sample sizes, Mobliz comes out to 80 stamina / orb, making Mt. Kolts better even though you have to waste some stamina getting to the boss.

Falk

that puzzling face
Wind(!!!) - Mt. Kolts (Elite) - Exit - 57 stamina / orb - 20 runs

I don't have enough runs recorded of Mobliz. There are only 10, but with the current sample sizes, Mobliz comes out to 80 stamina / orb, making Mt. Kolts better even though you have to waste some stamina getting to the boss.

W T F

Our lives were all a lie!

Probably just ridiculous luck but Vargas elite on the current event dropped 2 greater wind orbs for me in a row. I'd have to test it more to see if it's actually a decent rate.

Saerk

Beat the Dragon Elite stage pretty easily with no mythrils used. I may have over prepared for it. I got full medals except -2 on actions and -2 on damage.

Party:

Cyan: Lvl 50 4x Magic Break / 8x Retaliate
Cecil: Lvl 50 6x Slow / 6x Double Cut
Cloud: Lvl 50 6x Water Strike / 4x Armor Break
Lenna: Lvl 43 12x Curaga / 6x poison
Locke: Lvl 36 4x Dark Buster / 8x Boost

Cyan and Cloud were in the front row with the rest in the back. Cyan and Cloud both had Cyan's 5* katana, so I got some nice RS. Never got a chance to use Cecil's soul break, so he mostly just slowed periodically and double cut Cyan vs the dragon. I waited until I saw the first flare before I bothered with any of the breaks. Cyan alternated between retaliate, magic break, and his soul break (got two of those in). Blind, Poison, and Slow were readily applied (poison stayed on the whole time). Magic break helped mitigate his flare damage, blind took out his melee, slow kept his damage overall down, and luckily no AoE's were cast.

I need to clear out Atma Weapon, Airship, and Vector now. Actually need to redo Vector on classic since I only got elite on that one.

W T F

Our lives were all a lie!

The takeaway here is not to go hightail it over to Mt. Kolts, but to instead fire up FFRK Inspector and head to Mobliz :)

I actually have a filter in the next release specifically for returning runs with low number of samples. The tendency is for everyone to go where the number of samples are high, but there could be tons of places right under our noses that are better, but we just aren't bothering to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom