• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait what's that?

Ghasts 1.5 on Hard Vanille Event drop lesser power and power orbs quite frequently. There's 2 of them and it's like 50% of the time you'll get one of each. 8 stamina(it does pop up as the first fight every so often) for 2 useful orbs. Sometimes only 1 orb drops and very rarely none drop. There is some treasure chest that drops too...but that's as infrequent. You mostly get orbs.

Roto13

I like seeing 10 more mythril on the board...they should really just give 1 a day for all eternity.

Yeah. I play every day, anyway, but if I didn't, one mythril a day would be much more likely to make me check in than one per five days. Everything between mythrls in the daily login is useless after your first week of playing.

Saerk

Ghasts 1.5 on Hard Vanille Event drop lesser power and power orbs quite frequently. There's 2 of them and it's like 50% of the time you'll get one of each. 8 stamina(it does pop up as the first fight every so often) for 2 useful orbs. Sometimes only 1 orb drops and very rarely none drop. There is some treasure chest that drops too...but that's as infrequent. You mostly get orbs.

Been farming orbs there for a bit to hone my skills up.

Ashodin

Will the new update come with new abilities as well?

Who knows!
wink.gif

Yogg

Wind(!!!) - Mt. Kolts (Elite) - Exit - 57 stamina / orb - 20 runs

My own sample size is tiny, but from the gil gained during my 16 wind orbs farming (I focused only on that for a few days), I was at 15% chances with Humbaba. That's 106 runs for 16 orbs, or 106 stam/orb in my case.

Even if I was in the unlucky side during this specific farming session, 57 stam/orb sounds soo much better. That's very nice info, thanks.

Negator

Master cleared Ultima Weapon on elite, man that guy is a pain in the ass.

My setup:
y8RPNtGl.jpeg

Changes I would have made: Bring Lenna instead of Aeris for the AOE regen, Aeris' Soul Break doesn't do jack shit.

Wazzy

Banned
I almost have Locke at 50 and Terra is making progress. Hopefully I can attempt Red Dragon tonight and see if I can beat him.

thedan001

I haven't even started on elites in locke's event because I had to go farm up orbs for break abilities and intimidate

I'm overly confident I'll be able to master all of it once Vanille's event is over, especially since we can use friend SB summons

I thought Aerith's SB did aoe silence/stop, Locke's SB is aoe slow

Pejo

Beat the Dragon Elite stage pretty easily with no mythrils used. I may have over prepared for it. I got full medals except -2 on actions and -2 on damage.

Party:

Cyan: Lvl 50 4x Magic Break / 8x Retaliate
Cecil: Lvl 50 6x Slow / 6x Double Cut
Cloud: Lvl 50 6x Water Strike / 4x Armor Break
Lenna: Lvl 43 12x Curaga / 6x poison
Locke: Lvl 36 4x Dark Buster / 8x Boost

Cyan and Cloud were in the front row with the rest in the back. Cyan and Cloud both had Cyan's 5* katana, so I got some nice RS. Never got a chance to use Cecil's soul break, so he mostly just slowed periodically and double cut Cyan vs the dragon. I waited until I saw the first flare before I bothered with any of the breaks. Cyan alternated between retaliate, magic break, and his soul break (got two of those in). Blind, Poison, and Slow were readily applied (poison stayed on the whole time). Magic break helped mitigate his flare damage, blind took out his melee, slow kept his damage overall down, and luckily no AoE's were cast.

I need to clear out Atma Weapon, Airship, and Vector now. Actually need to redo Vector on classic since I only got elite on that one.

Thanks for the write-up. I can probably duplicate most of this when I try later tonight. Been wanting to make sure I get Phoenix before the events ends, don't care about mastery.

Roto13

I haven't even started on elites in locke's event because I had to go farm up orbs for break abilities and intimidate

I'm overly confident I'll be able to master all of it once Vanille's event is over, especially since we can use friend SB summons

I thought Aerith's SB did aoe silence/stop, Locke's SB is aoe slow

Oh, right. Either way, boss immunities can be anything but your party can always be regen'd.

Negator

Is the RM time limited or can i get them any time when i hit 50?

Only limited time events fall into that category, and you can get them ahead of time and use them later if that character isn't 50 yet.

Edit: Aaaand Red Dragon also master cleared. Was able to eat a Southern Cross with everyone at full health and the boss Magic Breaked. What a stupid attack lol.

Razmos

Finished all the non-event FFVI elites, now I have 80 stamina.

I guess i'd better finish the classic dungeons before the next set. Sigh, best brush off Tidus and Wakka, they are about to put some work in.
Or should I continue doing the Locke elites? hmm.

thedan001

Edit: Aaaand Red Dragon also master cleared. Was able to eat a Southern Cross with everyone at full health and the boss Magic Breaked. What a stupid attack lol.

I have a similar set up as yours, would you say ultima weapon is harder than red dragon? I'm about to tackle the elites in the event tonight

Negator

I have a similar set up as yours, would you say ultima weapon is harder than red dragon? I'm about to tackle the elites in the event tonight

Ultimatma Weapon is way more frustrating, if only because

• He has no weaknesses
  • He is immune to a ton of status effects
  • The RNG is at the end of the fight rather than the beginning (Intimidate vs Poison/Blind)

So what is Locke good for? I've done 3 elite events of his event and actually haven't used him :X

Should I be using him? I have Tidus in to get him some exp as I heard his upcoming event he needs to be 50 for his record materia

Balphon

So what is Locke good for? I've done 3 elite events of his event and actually haven't used him :X

Should I be using him? I have Tidus in to get him some exp as I heard his upcoming event he needs to be 50 for his record materia

Right now he seems to effectively be a faster but generally worse version of Luneth.

Might be better if/when they actually add Thief Treasure Hunter abilities.

Negator

Currently his best use is to get medals in the elite dungeons (lol).

Nohar

Locke is a mixed bag:
  • On the one hand, some of his stats are rather good: 3685 HP (very nice) and 101 Attack (correct). On the other hand, his defense stat is quite low, with only 70 at level 50. His Resistance is actually pretty decent compared to other melee fighters.
  • He has a whooping 154 Speed stat!... Which is utterly useless.
  • His weapon selection is quite good actually, since he can use swords, allowing him to exploit a lot of synergies. However, he is safer in the back row with a Throw weapon. Sadly, good Throw weapons are hard to come by.
  • His regular SB is garbage.
  • He is able to wear light equipment, but also Helms, which can provide him the defense bonus he is lacking in raw stats (on top of boosting his attack).
  • He can use Combat 4*, Support 3*, Celerity 5* and Thief 5* abilities, allowing him to use 3* and 4* Breaks and Blade Blitz, which is very nice. Support 3* allows him to use very useful attacks such as the Busters and Intimidate. Celerity and Thief 5* are useless for now: Celerity abilities aren't very useful compared to Combat ones (the Breaks are that good), and there are no thief abilities available to craft yet (which is disappointing, since they are actually pretty decent: Steal Armor/Life/Time can be quite useful).
  • He is one of the only characters (for now in Japan, at least) who doesn't have a Crystal memory and materias.
So, Locke is not bad per see, but he is quite the mixed bag, and other characters can do the same things as him, but better.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Which elite events require Locke for mastery? I've noticed that some of the boss mastery in game don't line up with the ones I read online

Those are simply ranked by pure stats, a character tier list would assume overall usefulness and not just best str or best mag.

Honestly with RK making a tier list would be difficult due to the whole record synergy and random nature of gear drops and who can equip what along with what abilities we currently have available. As said above a good chunk of Locke's abilities aren't even accessible in the US version of the game.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah I did the update but nothing so far.

Anyway finally almost done Locke and then it's grinding Terra 10 levels so I can attempt RD.

Alright fuck it I'm about to go wreck Airship (Elite). This may be a waste of stamian, but we'll see. I definitely have the best possible gear and setup for it (and yes, I know how impossible it is to get some of this stuff. Sorry, don't hate me) :-/

R6AbAwi.jpg

If this can't do it, nothing can. I should be able to kill Orthros and Typhon with mastery without touching my Thunder abilities, which means I should be able to burn Air Force down very quickly.

My only concern is the trash, so we'll see how it goes. I'M GOING IN GUYS (in about 30 minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom