• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 power orb short of intimidate r3. Ahhhhh. Got 3 on 4 runs of wind castle elite....needed the quadfecta. Hopefully i'll down nelapa then atma then red dragon but i may need to further hone abilities for that.

Just updated FFRK Inspector to version 2. I guess it's not necessary to post this, because if version 1 is working correctly anyone using it should get an error when they try to use it anyway. But just a PSA, in case anyone here uses it. I added some nice new search filters and various other usability improvements.

Nohar

No update here yet (iOS, Europe). I guess it will be a rather plain day. I need to finish Locke's event, but I hit a wall, I'm not confident I can kill the Red Dragon.

Was just about to use the Major Growth Egg from clearing Floating Continent - Escape and then I remembered that Cloud is about to get his limit cap break. Better hold onto these eggs :D

Numbers pulled from FFRK Inspector:

Non-Elemental - Figaro Castle (Elite) - Exterior - 68 stamina / orb - 30 samples
Earth - Mist Cave (Elite) - Exit - 56 stamina / orb - 12 samples
Black - Tower of Babel - Depths (Elite) - 7th level - 43.33 stamina / orb (repeatable) - 52 samples
Wind(!!!) - Mt. Kolts (Elite) - Exit - 57 stamina / orb - 20 runs

I don't have enough runs recorded of Mobliz. There are only 10, but with the current sample sizes, Mobliz comes out to 80 stamina / orb, making Mt. Kolts better even though you have to waste some stamina getting to the boss.

W T F

Our lives were all a lie!

Luckily I just added a field to FFRK Inspector that shows you the world that the drops are found in. Because it showed me that the Mt. Kolts that has a good drop rate on Greater Wind Orbs is specifically part of this event, and not the Mt. Kolts that's in the normal FF6 Elite set of dungeons. I've looked through a bunch of the other boss runs from the current event data, and it seems to be about a 25% drop rate on the boss orbs. It's 25 stamina to get to the last stage of Mt. Kolts and 13 stamina per attempt, so with a 25% drop rate that sadly puts it at about 77 stamina / orb.

Falk

that puzzling face
Is it gravitating to 25% across the board?

Do things like if the boss is a final boss vs first battle boss, or things like stam (e.g. Nalbina vs Phantom Train) show significant differences in drop rates?

(yeh obviously Nalbina isn't out yet)

Is it gravitating to 25% across the board?

Do things like if the boss is a final boss vs first battle boss, or things like stam (e.g. Nalbina vs Phantom Train) show significant differences in drop rates?

(yeh obviously Nalbina isn't out yet)

I looked a little more closely and maybe it's not a straight 25% across the board. For example Phoenix Cave (Elite) has dropped a Greater Fire Orb 7/9 times, whereas Vector (Elite) has dropped a Greater Lightning Orb 1 out of 16 times. Maybe these are just two anomalies, but it seems unlikely. So I take back what I said about the 25%.

On that note, I'm going to go S/L Mt. Kolts (Elite) in the event dungeon right now, and add some data. Apparently I need to have Bladeblitz at 2/5 for the upcoming Boss Rush battle, and currently it's at 0. Ugh.

Shahadan

I'm worried about the update....maybe I should finally create a google+ account or something to not lose my save if something goes wrong

Razmos

Fuck the trash mobs in the higher level X classic dungeons, seriously. Their basic attacks can silence or petrify.

I'm being forced to restart the entire dungeon because Lenna got petrified without me even noticing, and now Rinoa (my spellcaster) is silenced. fantastic.
(and I couldn't just reset the match because Lenna got petrified on the last turn and I didn't notice until it was too late)

Fuck the trash mobs in the higher level X classic dungeons, seriously. Their basic attacks can silence or petrify.

I'm being forced to restart the entire dungeon because Lenna got petrified without me even noticing, and now Rinoa (my spellcaster) is silenced. fantastic.
(and I couldn't just reset the match because Lenna got petrified on the last turn and I didn't notice until it was too late)

Reposting this to keep it handy for tomorrow :3

Is this for all characters you have their SB weapon for?

Nohar

Yep.

Hmm, the unlockable characters in the next set of dungeon updates are so good.
Arc (III), Refia (III), Irvine (VIII), Vivi (IX) and Fran (XII)

Dat fail spoiler :p Though, happy to read that we are going to unlock those. I just hope that they are actually good, especially the IX one.

On a side note: uh-oh. Just noticed that we need to bring core characters inside Elite dungeons to unlock their second materia. This is going to be tough... Difficulty level raises tremendously it seems.

Also, just checked Irvine's stats, equipment and abilites options... What the actual fuck? (And I am not saying that in a good way). The only thing nice about him seems to be his second SB. Heck, at least core characters follow some logic.

Razmos

Dat fail spoiler :p Though, happy to read that we are going to unlock those. I just hope that they are actually good, especially the IX one.
lol apologies, I caught it really quickly, but not quick enough obviously :p

Arc is pretty good, his basic soul break is Shell for the whole party, and his second record materia is Auto-Shell.
Refia is useless apparently, an even less useful version of Tifa and Snow.
Irvine is apparently pretty average but his relic soul break is pretty great, 10 hits.
Vivi is massive burst damage. He can only use Black Magic (5) but his basic soul break increases his Magic stat by 50%, and both his record materia boost the power of Black Magic.
Fran has better stats than the other characters like her (Irvine, Sazh, Wakka, Barrett) and can equip spears, which is rare. Her default soul break is terrible (like Terra's and Cyan's) but her relic soul break is Whip Kick which does huge damage and increases all damage done to the enemy by 40%

Razmos

Apparently anyone who missed Sephiroth can get him from the quest system, though you have to beat Midgar Highway Elite, which has a difficulty of 85

Nohar

Irvine can be decent ranged attacker, but his abilities selection doesn't make any sense.
Why would a character with mediocre Intelligence and Mind be able to use Black Magic 5* (seriously: what?!) and White Magic 3* (not to mention he can't equip staves and rods)? He is restricted to Celerity 2* and Support 3*: any other ranged character outclass him by far. He can only use daggers and guns, and it is not like we are drowning in guns.

Long story short: he is terrible. His second SB is the only thing which could be considered his saving grave (and one would need to get his unique weapon for that).

Fran
, on the other hand, is actually pretty decent (being one of the few characters of the game able to use spears helps) and can perfectly be a front-line or back-row fighter. Still need her unique weapon to reach full potential. Also, it is kinda sad that she is restricted to 4* Support.

Razmos

Would there be any decent use of
Fran's
first record materia? Auto-Berserk sounds like it could be useful, maybe.

alcheim

There really should be an option/feature to hoard/store unused stamina.

So for instance if I don't want to do the daily events, and I've already mastered the realms, and cleared the ongoing events, it would be nice to save up the unused stamina for the upcoming content.

It wouldn't have to be fully automatic. Just let the player login, talk to the moogle to deposit the amount of stamina you want to "bank" and then later on, you can just withdraw it when you need more stamina.

New update doesn't seem to have done anything for me besides add a border to the game instead of black bars. I'm guessing any speed up is likely just the game switching to hardware render by default.

rhino4evr

Is there a list of the record materia ability for each character? Need to know who to level to 50.
So far I've got Seph, cloud, Rydia, and Tifa at level 50, and im pretty close (within 5 levels) with Terra and White Cecil.
Josef, snow, vanilla, kain are all around level 40

Nohar

In order to unlock BLM and WHM's second materia, you need to have them at level 50 and beat some Elite stages with them in your party and without them dying:
  • Castle Heim (FFIII) - Difficulty 80 for BLM.
  • Burmecia (FFIX) - Difficulty 72 for WHM.
Summoner doesn't seem to have his second materia available (yet).

Other useful characters to level up to 50 to unlock their materias include Gordon (Auto-Protect) and Luneth (Auto-Haste). Wakka's materia allows a character to begin a fight with a full ATB bar (which can be useful to farm some content - I'm thinking Quake spam during daily dungeons).

You can find a materia guide here (note: you can probably find a more complete one on reddit; there is this one, notably).

Currently doing Library of the Ancients. Only need to beat Byblos. It should be doable. I'll need to do again the last FFIII stage and Waltz Tower (FFV) to get Mastery, and I'm done with dungeons until the next batch.

Road

The new dungeon update characters are all terrible in both substance and style (on this, except for Vivi).

Memory crystals are the real deal to look forward to.

Is there a list of the record materia ability for each character? Need to know who to level to 50.
So far I've got Seph, cloud, Rydia, and Tifa at level 50, and im pretty close (within 5 levels) with Terra and White Cecil.
Josef, snow, vanilla, kain are all around level 40

Record Materia list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/twazEKMvVfpTtGkJvnpu4Dw/htmlview

Razmos

The new dungeon update characters are all terrible in both substance and style (on this, except for Vivi).

Memory crystals are the real deal to look forward to.
Arc and Fran are both good too.

Balthier's Memory Crystal and Auto-Haste Record Materia are obtained through an event. Gosh, an entire event devoted to the leading man, I cannot wait.

Nohar

Arc and Fran are both good too.

Balthier's Memory Crystal and Auto-Haste Record Materia are obtained through an event. Gosh, an entire event devoted to the leading man, I cannot wait.

I just hope the events won't be too difficult. After Rinoa, Vanille (Heroic) and Locke's event, I'm beginning to get wary.

Negator

I just hope the events won't be too difficult. After Rinoa, Vanille (Heroic) and Locke's event, I'm beginning to get wary.

Friend Summon, increased level cap, and materia are going to be huge. Should tone down the difficulty considerably.

Nohar

That will definitly help indeed. I'm waiting for the update before trying Red Dragon.

Also keeping my Mythril. I hope we will get the special banners soon. I reallu could use better equipment (though they have been very generous with Mythril lately... I'm pretty sure I'll get depressed when they stop giving them for free).

I just hope that Tidus will be made unlockable thanks to a quest or during his new event, because I didn't get him, and I would really be bummed if I can't get his memory crystal and second materia when his event comes up.

Falk

that puzzling face
Friend Summon, increased level cap, and materia are going to be huge. Should tone down the difficulty considerably.

(p.s. elite paintings down the line go past 100 difficulty lol)

but it's ok because lv80 Cloud will be all KRONK SMASH

edit: Unless something changed, you do get Tidus during the event.

Jarekx

Humbaba finally paid up. Two greater winds in a row. First time he has actually dropped any for me after 30+ runs.

Halfway to honed blade blitz though.

Spocker

Reposting this to keep it handy for tomorrow :3

Added my two soul breaks to the list

Just updated FFRK Inspector to version 2. I guess it's not necessary to post this, because if version 1 is working correctly anyone using it should get an error when they try to use it anyway. But just a PSA, in case anyone here uses it. I added some nice new search filters and various other usability improvements.

Thanks for this. Previous version was disconnecting from the database regularly which kept me from using it. So far this update is working well. I'm a bit behind others in creating/honing some of the key abilities like quake and bladeblitz, so I'll do my part in trying out the dungeons with low run numbers while I farm.

Also, I haven't read up on exactly how fiddler operates and since I'm using an emulator on the host machine, in my paranoia I set it to only decrypt https traffic for the game according to this here using ffrk.denagames.com as the hostname and it seems to be working fine. Probably unnecessary, but eh.

I can't use bluestacks :( Having to resort to destroying my phone battery.
I'm using Genymotion and the game is working fine for me.

Razmos

So excited for the new characters that I finished off the classic dungeons :3
70710a0cc4ef7c2ba5a07270f6aa1ebe.png

Gonna spend the rest of my stamina today farming Phantom Train to get Quake and to level up my characters ;3

Does anyone know when we get Rinoa's memory crystal? I'm assuming it's during an event
Also it's just occurred to me that we should be grateful that they didn't decide to have a memory crystal gacha as the only way to get them.

Razmos

So will we be getting the next dungeon update together with the "patch"? Or is it just the level break stuff?
We don't know yet, but someone on reddit said that it's likely, because there's no point introducing the record materia system with no actual record materia to use.

Nohar

No idea. They only spoke of the "Level break" stuff and everything related to it. No news whatsoever about dungeons, though I guess they will follow shortly (and an event too).

My vii team is going to be awesome.
Tifa with metal knuckle 4+
Snow with metal knuckle 4
Josef with Giant hand 5
Cloud with crystal sword 4+
Aeris with guard stick 5

Yes, three fisters. I held off combining the knuckle due to the cost of 200k but it is the only physical rs weapon, so that's good.

This is barring any unexpected drops or fortunate pulls. Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom