• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
~140 right now.

Stamina shards are scarce. (As they should be at this point)

edit: Think of it another way. 100-160 (5-8 hours) is a good point for stamina to be in. On the other hand, when you're talking about stamina slingshots, it takes 5 stamina shards to fully recharge a bar. It takes only 1 Mythril to fully recharge a bar. Hence getting 1 Mythril is technically far better than getting 1-2 stamina shards.

Falk

that puzzling face
I mostly care about the recharges. :I

see edit lol

A reward slot that's taken up by Stamina shards means a reward slot that can't contain a Mythril that you otherwise wouldn't have got.

(Although I guess they can be cocks and give you something stupid like minor growth eggs instead)

If they continued to give out stamina shards like they have we'd eventually reach a point where stamina took almost an entire day to go from 0 to completely full

Beat Atma Weapon, mastered. Used a mythril. Perhaps could have done it without but retalliate double cut got dwindled on the trash. Tips, save intimidate, magic break for second half of fight. Bring 2 healers. Fight the grenade green guy trash...seem to do less damage and often miss...mastered trash 18 of 18. Lost 4 stars on boss, damage and actions.

Anyhow...thanks for the 5 star summon orb.

Red dragon left. Will probably have to boost dark buster to rank 2.

Man, mt kolts was a complete bust for me, spent at least 150 stamina trying to get the gwo drop to no avail. Will try humbaba again, he's stingy np ug at least I'm getting Gil out of repeating him.

I think I've been stealing all the luck. I've run the final boss dungeon probably 11 times in total today and I got 7 Greater Wind Orbs. I'm not even exaggerating :-/

Vorpal

I think I've been stealing all the luck. I've run the final boss dungeon probably 11 times in total today and I got 7 Greater Wind Orbs. I'm not even exaggerating :-/

Can confirm that you're stealing all the luck. I dumped a stamina bar and a half into Mt. Kolts (elite, event) and came away with 1 orb

Wazzy

Banned
Beat RD though I did terrible. He killed Locke and Rinoa right before I beat him. I don't care because I got Phoenix and at least beat the dungeon.

DeNA must have caught on, found your account and is sabotaging FFRKI with bogus drop rates :V

No complaints here! I'll take all the lootz.

Seriously though, 5/7 times I've done the boss he dropped the orb on my first attempt. Another time it took 4 attempts, and another time it took 2 attempts.

Wow, just came back from an hour of grinding gil and the system just reset my characters equipment and abilities to something completely different. anyone else having issues?

Any idea what the next banner is going to be for rolls? Read on reddit we get 44 mythril(20 classic/24 elite) from the next set of dungeons.

Man, I'm gonna need to cruise through these new dungeons. I want a level 6 or 7 Buster!

Despite the coolness factor of the Buster Sword, it's honestly one of the shittier relics in the grand scheme of things. As long as you're cool with that it's still fine to want it because Buster Sword, just don't think it's gonna be super awesome or anything.

Despite the coolness factor of the Buster Sword, it's honestly one of the shittier relics in the grand scheme of things. As long as you're cool with that it's still fine to want it because Buster Sword, just don't think it's gonna be super awesome or anything.

Okay, I'll take a guard stick then...2 of them. 6 star Guard Stick please.

thedan001

Man, I'm gonna need to cruise through these new dungeons. I want a level 6 or 7 Buster!

I mean, it IS Cloud's starting weapon and all...

It was highly recommended when it first came out on first week of FFRK because it would be useful for a long time until more banners came into FFRK (especially for retaliate)

Now... there's several options that Cloud and even Cyan/Sephiroth can use for reta-meta, and Cloud's 3rd banner sword is so much better, hardedge (2nd sword) is coming out around a month from now too

If you're curious...
Buster Sword = single target 9999 damage
Hard Edge = aoe 9999 damage
3rd sword (I forgot name) = aoe multi hits that will do over 9999 damage plus permanent +10 ATK to Cloud

This probably factors to people downplaying Buster Sword at this point in FFRK, it's still a good weapon tho

Falk

that puzzling face
I honestly think Buster Sword in the past two months have been inferior to virtually all the other 5* swords and daggers, including non-SB ones, by sheer factor of no RS to use it on. Barring Danjuro, for the exact same reason.

I mean, even Greatsword++, a 2*++ (albeit on the high end of the 2* scale) outclassed Buster Sword for VI worlds. Galbadian Sword comes very close for VIII worlds. Both were given out for free via events. (Edit: fixed this paragraph)

That's about to change with a VII event and a few VII paintings though. Coupled with a lack of VII weapons in general it shoots from "decent" to "Godlike"

(p.s. hilariously enough I have a Buster Sword and a Danjuro, only two offensive 5*s)

thedan001

I honestly think Buster Sword in the past two months have been inferior to virtually all the other 5* swords and daggers, including non-SB ones, by sheer factor of no RS to use it on. Barring Danjuro, for the exact same reason.

I mean, even Greatsword++, a 2*++ (albeit on the high end of the 2* scale) outclassed Buster Sword for VI worlds. Galbadian Sword comes very close for VIII worlds. Both were given out for free via events. (Edit: fixed this paragraph)

There will always be superior weapons based on RS, the appeal of Buster Sword is just because Cloud is such a great character, and it allows him to toss a 9999 damage whenever his SB bar fills up, I didn't bother using RS weapons and put Buster Sword on Cloud everywhere I go and still did 3k+ retaliate damage with boost/armor break

Road

I'm dreading the elite bosses of the Tidus event. The lack of FFX synergy of any kind is real.

If only Cloud were this cool

The only way to survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland is to not have any hopes whatsoever.
Been dreaming about that soul break since it was released. Almost no boss has immunity to sap and it's stronger than poison. So good.
It was highly recommended when it first came out on first week of FFRK because it would be useful for a long time until more banners came into FFRK (especially for retaliate)

Now... there's several options that Cloud and even Cyan/Sephiroth can use for reta-meta, and Cloud's 3rd banner sword is so much better, hardedge (2nd sword) is coming out around a month from now too

If you're curious...
Buster Sword = single target 9999 damage
Hard Edge = aoe 9999 damage
3rd sword (I forgot name) = aoe multi hits that will do over 9999 damage plus permanent +10 ATK to Cloud

This probably factors to people downplaying Buster Sword at this point in FFRK, it's still a good weapon tho
Just want to point out it's not 9999 damage, just a very high multiplier. (You won't be hitting 9999 on those enemies with ridiculous 400+ defense)

Do you actually constantly play the game all day lol

If you use up your stamina beforehand it shouldn't have even fully recharged when the server comes back up - assuming no catastrophes and it actually comes back up as scheduled.

I sure do. Only stamina loss is during sleep at night. In the UK this is going to interrupt that because the maintenance is at a time when I'll just be waking up to run down the stamina for the morning, ready again for midday. So I can't use up my stamina before then unfortunately. Well not unless I get up much earlier but I'm not a morning person to begin with :p

Falk

that puzzling face
Uh.

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Home

Restore Locke's Hero Record!

67983486-7cba-3034-86a2-56a7eb3db4ef.png

The Legendary Plunder challenge event launched at 5:00 PM 6/1 PST (1:00 AM 6/2 UTC).
Complete the event dungeons to recruit Locke to your party.

Event Duration
5:00 PM 6/1 PST (1:00 AM 6/2 UTC) to 4:59 PM 6/7 PST (0:59 AM 6/8 UTC) <----------------------

image.php

thedan001

Yep, extended by 1 hour

Im confused, is Locke's event ending June 7 or June 9? Gematome website and reddit page both say different dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom