• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

For folks wondering how good resonance/synergy works for you. Here's an example of my best weapon. I got two of these and fused it into a 6 star.

JCeSppG.jpg
c34tE4o.jpg

garath

Your party is higher than mine and I was able to get him down without issue. Leveling up your armor helps, as does using FFVII armor where possible. It helps a lot. I think I only had 1 charge on my heal when I reached him, and my blinds both missed, so it was just straight up DPS on him until he died.

Damn. I don't know. RNG or something I guess. I'll throw down another stab at it when I get the stamina. Honed my cura and have the tifa powerhouse now.

Flambe

Tifa's glove 115 atk, buster sword 126 atk, masamune 77 atk, da fuck? I want to pull for it but they're making it a tough decision

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What level should you be for the hard dailies? My team's currently around 18-21 and was able to do the Medium on auto-attack easily. Waiting on stamina right now.

And where's a good place to farm minor white orbs or lesser holy orbs? Would like to upgrade my Cure and/or get Cura.

Whelp... Rufus dominated my team... kept the same ones I used for the air battles and I simply couldn't keep up with heals and had no dark/blind attacks on hand... Tried 3 times, with the closest being a very long slow death not enough heals. Switching out shitty Tyro back with white mage and farming some lesser dark orbs on Mt. Kolts before trying again. Guess I should be leveling Tifa while I do this just because.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
What level should you be for the hard dailies? My team's currently around 18-21 and was able to do the Medium on auto-attack easily. Waiting on stamina right now.

And where's a good place to farm minor white orbs or lesser holy orbs? Would like to upgrade my Cure and/or get Cura.

I was able to finish some of them around 25. I can do more at 30, but some still get me.

Negator

Jeez, Elite Mom Bomb doesn't fuck around. Managed to kill it but just barely.

I think I'm done trying to progress in elite dungeons for now. It's just too much damage.

johnsmith

remember me
The mobs in the hard dailies hit like a truck. I can make it through one, maybe 2, but never 3 because most of my party is dead.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Hmm not sure when to do my Mithril pulls then. Is it a 20% appearance then, when it does come around? Might be able to get it then

I believe this will be the next boosted weapon. Not a katana, but it looks kinda like one. It doesn't do anything to Sephiroth's limit break though. It's a weird space since there isn't a 5* katana in our version yet. Hopefully there is in the JP version.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/File:FFRK_Zantetsuken_FFVI.png

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Hmm confused about when to roll now. Maybe I should go for Tifas glove instead.

I'm waiting on a pull till the glove is gone personally. It is too limited since many characters can't use gloves.

I like getting daggers and swords because many characters can equip them. My most wanted 5* is probably Tyro's Healing Grimoir. That thing is going to be good.

Just the final set of floors now to get Sephiroth. Gonna have to wait for tomorrow now to get the stamina :(

Is Thundara still a good tactic for the final boss or just pure physical offence?

Just the final set of floors now to get Sephiroth. Gonna have to wait for tomorrow now to get the stamina :(

Is Thundara still a good tactic for the final boss or just pure physical offence?

Thundara on Rydia was still 1000 damage for me, which is a little bit stronger than what Cloud was pulling.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What's your tactic here?

My strategy:
Protag poison Rufus, spam Cura wherever possible
Tidus: Boost Cloud then Boost himself then use Break Blade
Cloud: double cut then lightning strike
Rydia: Thundara
Kain sit around like a useless idiot and deal basically no damage

Target the cat until it dies (except with Poison, which I used to target Rufus first), then Rufus

One character had a L10 Protect Vest (VII), one character had a L5 Protect Vest (VII), Rydia and Protag were in the back row.

Shouta

Hmm confused about when to roll now. Maybe I should go for Tifas glove instead.

I'm waiting on a pull till the glove is gone personally. It is too limited since many characters can't use gloves.

I like getting daggers and swords because many characters can equip them. My most wanted 5* is probably Tyro's Healing Grimoir. That thing is going to be good.

When they add more content, the relic draws will ave mutliple 5 star ones that will be boosted. So if you can wait, just save up and make do until they implement that.

Stider

For those that play the JPN version, how rare are summon orbs? Just wondering if it is worth farming Rufus for the 3 and 4* orbs or do they become easier to get later on?

Does strategy ever become a more intricate part of the campaign, other than auto battling through mobs until the boss? Same for the other parts of the game? Additionally, auto battling needs to be sped up as you spend so much time doing it and it crawls at this point.

Does strategy ever become a more intricate part of the campaign, other than auto battling through mobs until the boss? Same for the other parts of the game? Additionally, auto battling needs to be sped up as you spend so much time doing it and it crawls at this point.

Maybe read the last page or two where everyone is discussing strategies for the Shinra event?

Auto battling sped up would also be a bad idea IMO... it would be great if you're farming weak stuff, but actual level appropriate stuff could see your healer killed very quick before you could drop auto and heal them... Also you'd speed through your stamina incredibly quick.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Well basically difficulty is going to be a line where the left part is "stuff you can't possibly hope to beat", the middle small space is "stuff you can beat if you manage your party well", and then the right part is a big "stuff that's trivial to beat through auto-battle". Only stuff in the sweet spot would require active management.

The game is as much about the metagame of getting your party builds up and running to be able to do well in autobattle / do well at bosses as it is the actual game of playing the battles.

Is there a paywall in this game? If so, how many hours into the game is it and how steep is it? Like can you get a lot of value by spending $50, or do you need to spend $500?

Is there a paywall in this game? If so, how many hours into the game is it and how steep is it? Like can you get a lot of value by spending $50, or do you need to spend $500?

I've got a lot of value from it and I've not spent a penny. Been playing every day for the last 7 days. Completed all normal campaign levels. Doing daily events and at the final part of the special event. Got a couple of characters to lv 30 with others only a couple away.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

There isn't really a paywall as long as you're patient and don't mind not having absolutely everything.

Every day you get a "free" piece of equipment. It's usually crap but could potentially be 3+ stars. You can also spend 5 mythril (in-game currency) for a premium piece of equipment that is guaranteed to be at least 3 stars. The game is pretty generous with handing out it's mythril for free.

The only other "paywall" aspect of the game is your party's stamina. Each level you attempt requires you to consume stamina. Once your stamina is depleted, you have to wait for it to recharge (at a rate of 1 point every 3 minutes). Or you can pay to continue playing.

Personally I've played for approximately 15 hours now without having paid anything. I have decently good equipment (some 4 star stuff, lots of 3 star stuff, good spells, etc) and a lot of patience for stamina recharging.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

You don't really need to spend money. Sure, Mythril drops (the currency used for drawing relics i.e. equipment) are quite front loaded as of now but by making use of a feature called equipment resonance, common equipment can be very useful, if not as useful as rare ones.

Stamina also recovers quite quickly, unless you are the type that needs to keep playing.

Sure, I've actually spent a bit of money (less than 10 dollars) but that stems from my greed for getting rare equipment. Haven't gotten any 5 star relic but many here have gotten those without spending any actual money.

You don't really feel gimped even if you don't spend real money.

Saerk

Did it. Beat Rufus with a team of Cloud 24, Tifa, 23, Kain, 24, Tyro, 23, and Wakka 22. Just had Wakka heal himself and boost Cloud and Tifa. Tyro handled the heals. I did pick up Tyro the Light Staff (4 star staff) from the 2nd Elite Dungeon under FF VII, but I don't think it mattered. Tifa was my MVP. I had her using a maxed out++ version of the FF VII gloves you get in the dungeon starts at level 1, but since it synergizes it boosts up to a lot of damage. She also had the FF VII armor that drops and the FF VII bracer.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I started it today and the music is fabulous. It's the theme of course, but it feels good. I only finished 3 missions. I sure hope the beginning of FFXV opens with this theme.

Sephiroth get. Thanks for the advice guys.

Now I can get back to farming and doing the Elite dungeons.

Think I only need one more summon orb for the Dragon.

Roto13

I'm definitely relying on luck a bit. If I can make it through a stage without my white mage or Rydia dying, great, but they're pretty fragile, even in the back row. Glad I discovered you can restart stages without restarting the whole dungeon.

Wow... won it my second time taking Rufus... I got a dark move but I forgot to put it on Tidus... or more correctly, I forgot to bring Tidus... so I had my level 19(!) Tifa in the party... BUT she was equipped with a fully upgraded Fist and FF7 armor... She hit harder and took less damage than Cloud and I destroyed Rufus. Seriously 1k+ for basic attacks and 2kish for her break move.

If you are having problems with Rufus, I advice you to use Tifa with full FF7 gear even if she's relatively low level... Too damn strong!

Now the question I've been dreading... do I get rid of Kain for Sephiroth? His stats are too crazy not to include him and Tifa has more than proven her own worth... where as Kain has been a constant disappointment damage wise and his higher DEF is thrown off by his lower HP...

Colby

You are a P&D vet, right? It's basically the same set-up. Stamina replenishes much quicker in this one, at a rate of 1 stamina per 3 minutes. I think with all these types of games, the only thing you need to succeed is patience. Be willing to wait for the stamina to replenish, be willing to wait for the free Mythril to trickle in, and be willing to wait until you stock up 50 Mythril so you get an extra pull for free.

I haven't challenged the super elite dungeons yet, but I know that I can beat them with grinding levels and working on better skills and equips. We'll see what the future holds in that regard.

With all of my growth eggs spent on Tifa (well worth it to own Rufus like a little bitch) I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time between 46-50 floors leveling Sephiroth. It's got the highest XP gain for a FF7 character with the lowest stamina cost (5 per battle instead of the later dungeons 10).

garath

Wow... won it my second time taking Rufus... I got a dark move but I forgot to put it on Tidus... or more correctly, I forgot to bring Tidus... so I had my level 19(!) Tifa in the party... BUT she was equipped with a fully upgraded Fist and FF7 armor... She hit harder and took less damage than Cloud and I destroyed Rufus. Seriously 1k+ for basic attacks and 2kish for her break move.

If you are having problems with Rufus, I advice you to use Tifa with full FF7 gear even if she's relatively low level... Too damn strong!

Now the question I've been dreading... do I get rid of Kain for Sephiroth? His stats are too crazy not to include him and Tifa has more than proven her own worth... where as Kain has been a constant disappointment damage wise and his higher DEF is thrown off by his lower HP...

Definitely. My level 20 Tifa with a FFVII combined glove was wrecking. 1100-1200 attacks. Even on Rufus she was doing almost 1k basic attacks. Her special was doing 1500.

I beat him my second try easy. I happened to land dark attack on him my second attempt at it and it was smooth sailing from there. Also waiting out the shell before I unloaded on him with Rydia helped as well.

As far as getting rid of Kain for Sepiroth, I'd say yes without a doubt. I love Kain as a character but he's easily the weakest frontliner I have. Cloud, Tidus and now Sepiroth are all stronger than him.

I think my final party is:

Tidus or Cloud
Tifa
Sepiroth
Tyro
Rydia

Easily mastered all stages, but I guess that extra week of soft launch helped with the leveling. (all ~32s)

Now to level Seph like everyone else.

With all of my growth eggs spent on Tifa (well worth it to own Rufus like a little bitch) I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time between 46-50 floors leveling Sephiroth. It's got the highest XP gain for a FF7 character with the lowest stamina cost (5 per battle instead of the later dungeons 10).

Nice tip.

Definitely. My level 20 Tifa with a FFVII combined glove was wrecking. 1100-1200 attacks. Even on Rufus she was doing almost 1k basic attacks. Her special was doing 1500.

I beat him my second try easy. I happened to land dark attack on him my second attempt at it and it was smooth sailing from there. Also waiting out the shell before I unloaded on him with Rydia helped as well.

As far as getting rid of Kain for Sepiroth, I'd say yes without a doubt. I love Kain as a character but he's easily the weakest frontliner I have. Cloud, Tidus and now Sepiroth are all stronger than him.

I think my final party is:

Tidus or Cloud
Tifa
Sepiroth
Tyro
Rydia

This is essentially my party which I'm not happy about. Too FF7 heavy for my tastes... also White mage over Tyro... I'll get around to leveling him, but right now he's just worthless. He does 50% weaker heals than white mage, and his damage just doesn't make up for that. There is no room for a master-of-none in my party... 3 physical, 1 'black mage' and 1 'white mage' seems to be perfect and Tyro's only available role in my group of those 3 he's bad at...

I will miss Kain... but them's the breaks I guess.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm just bringing Seph along to the farm for Double Cut mats (need to create 3-4 and possibly hone them)

He seems to be leveling fine that way. No way I will just exp grind until Sunday though.

I've spent $9, mostly due to being impatient early on. Realize now that I really didn't need to spend anything, since my pulls were all 3* items anyway.

I beat the currently event already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom