• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

One redditor just won the freakin' lottery:

AgPaDEl.jpg

That dude should play the IRL lottery.

Nohar

Game/menu seems to run even more sluggishly than before.

Yup, sadly. I'm no programming expert, but I'm wondering how they manage to actually worsen the app' that way. The difference of smoothness between FFRK and Puzzle and Dragons is staggering.
Really, if they could just improve how the app runs, it would be so much better.

Vorpal

I wasn't sure how it would work, but using Kain + Lancet as a friend summon heals the crap out of whoever summons him. A pretty nice option for doing damage and healing anyone in a pinch!

KTO

Eh, i got three enhancers in one draw. He should post screens of his next pull because he will be joining me in perma 4* and 3* wasteland when it happens.

I did my very first 11 pull during the FFVIII event and received two Balamb Garden Uniforms, Rinoa's weapon, and a Genji Shield. :D

Before that though I always did single pulls and only ever received one 4*. The rest were 3*. :/

At last we can change Tyro's name back now.

You hear that, Sony!!!

Loving some of the new changes. And being able to get rewards again on the dailys. Plus them sorting them out to give out more of the Orbs you need.

Wonder if they upped the drop rate of Greater in the Heroic...

Roto13

Just got 5 Mythrils from leveling quests. Sweeeet.

Is there a list of what the Heroic rewards were on the old daily dungeons? I'm curious what I missed out on (I never tried them because I've been focused on Events + honing abilities)

Mythril for completing each one. Everything else was just growth eggs and orbs and stuff.

At last we can change Tyro's name back now.

You hear that, Sony!!!

Loving some of the new changes. And being able to get rewards again on the dailys. Plus them sorting them out to give out more of the Orbs you need.

Wonder if they upped the drop rate of Greater in the Heroic...

I changed it back to Tyro but then I saw that that's what other players see, so I changed it to Roto13. :p

Does anyone know why some of the equipment has the letters 'RW' beside them on the inventory list? Everything Luneth has on him has that label on it and I am not 100% sure why.

Roto13

Maybe I should try for Phoenix now that reviving characters is good for something.

So little time though.

Ahh, thank you. Of course.

Is the Roaming Warrior just the character that is in the topmost position in your squad?

Maybe by default. You can set them in your settings, though.

Razmos

Ahh, thank you. Of course.

Is the Roaming Warrior just the character that is in the topmost position in your squad?
By default, yes. But you can select a character, their soul break and their equipment by going into Menu > Profile and selecting your Roaming Warrior.

I changed it back to Tyro but then I saw that that's what other players see, so I changed it to Roto13. :p

Ha, you're right!

Oh well!

Added a few of you guys from the database and added myself. I'm ersj if you'd like to add. Currently set up as Cloud and his Braver SB.

Incidentally, the first person I randomly added was Alcheim off here unknowingly :p

Razmos

Wow this is getting reallly reallllly annoying.

As I said earlier, the client is so laggy it's counting normal taps as long presses, and this is happening on EVERYTHING. Trying to equip items, trying to sell items, trying to change abilities, trying to create or hone them, it stops me from skipping animations like crafting/honing/relic pulling and even makes navigating menus a massive pain too, usually taking 4 or 5 clicks for it to actually register.

This is so frustrating.

My Lenna has her Relic but she can't change her soul break. Does the staff have to be at max level?
urm, what? no.
It prompts you to change it when you equip the weapon, and there is a button for changing the soul break too.

Are you sure it is Lenna's weapon?

Roto13

My Lenna has her Relic but she can't change her soul break. Does the staff have to be at max level?

No. It should ask you to pick a soul break as soon as you equip it.

Wow this is getting reallly reallllly annoying.

As I said earlier, the client is so laggy it's counting normal taps as long presses, and this is happening on EVERYTHING. Trying to equip items, trying to sell items, trying to change abilities, trying to create or hone them, it stops me from skipping animations like crafting/honing/relic pulling and even makes navigating menus a massive pain too, usually taking 4 or 5 clicks for it to actually register.

This is so frustrating.

Might have to go back to uninstalling the webview updates. :I

So new dungeons after the current event ends then? I thought they were coming with this update. Are any record materia actually obtainable at the moment?

Balphon

The friend spreadsheet seemed glutted with AoE attacks and since that's all I had to offer special weapon-wise I went and changed my friend character to Bard.

It's like I'm back in FFXI.

"Can I bring my SMN?"
"No, we need your BRD."
"Damnit."

Then the honing problem, do you hone something you already have which is really expensive or do you just hone the one you created which is far cheaper but you'll sell it immediately after. I can hone my Fira to level 5 but then will have to farm big time to hone up the other aras. Honing to sell is just a waste to me, considering the Gil return is mediocre

Then the honing problem, do you hone something you already have which is really expensive or do you just hone the one you created which is far cheaper but you'll sell it immediately after. I can hone my Fira to level 5 but then will have to farm big time to hone up the other aras. Honing to sell is just a waste to me, considering the Gil return is mediocre

Orbs are harder to replace then gil, so unless you REALLY want/need a level 5 Fira you're better of just honing that level 1 fira then selling it

FireVoa

Well that's it for Legendary Plunder, Red Dragon is down. May not have been a mastery like the rest of the event, but given the zero water abilities I didnt have and rotten luck (ALL OF MY STATUS EFFECTS MISSED) I'm just glad it's over.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh my goddddd battle speed makes everything so much easier

Oh shit, I just got my first Soul Break weapon. A Thunder Blade. US that even good at all?

Thunder Blade is p hilarious on Airship.

Where do I go to get Cloud's Memory Crystal? I don't see any new dungeons anywhere.

Current hypothesis is that Record Materia, despite being in the update notes, actually only launches with the Tidus event, where his own Memory Crystal to break his cap is also collectable.

(A lot of other Memory Crystals are in the dungeon update, which was NOT with this feature update, but also hypothesized to hit alongside Tidus now. No guarantees though)

Road

Next banners that have been uploaded to the western version.

Increased rates for (weapon type / soul break)

FFVII:
Buster Sword;
Murasame (katana / Bladestorm Rain);
Full Metal Staff (rod / Light of Ruin);
Gold Armlet (bracer / Veil of Protection)

FFX:
Brotherhood (sword / Tidus Spiral Cut);
Emerald Shield (shield);
Emerald Bracer (bracer / Veil of Annulment);
Heat Lance (spear / Bladestorm Flames);
Monk Robe (robe / Blessing of Spira);
Soldier's Sabre (sword / Sonic Buster)

Soul Break Fest 1:
Valkyrie
Official Ball
Dark Sword
Lustrous Shield
Behemoth Knife (core synergy / knife / Meteorite)
Dark Helm (IV / helm / Dark Shot)
Heavy Lance (V / spear / Helmsplitter)
Hunter's Rod (XIII / rod / Thunder Trap)

Soul Break Fest 2, 3 4 and 5
(too lazy to type up)

They are going to release the Tidus event today, the Shinra event will probably be after Locke ends. The Soul Break Fest is the next in order of banners id. Then, FFVIII. But they can switch the order of events like they have done before.

FFVIII
Revolver (sword / Squall Rough Divide)
Valiant (gun / Irvine Fast Ammo)
Fujin's Chakram (ranged / Cyclone)
Betrayal Sword (sword / Darkest Cut)
Minotaur Plate (armor / Veil of Annulment)
Balamb Garden Uniform
Blitz Sword

FFIX
Storm Staff (staff / Garnet Ramuh)
Oak Staff (rod / Vivi Doublecast Venom)
Mage Masher (knife / Magic Buster)
White Robe (robe / Mending Touch)
Black Robe (robe / Engulfing Flames)
Diamond Sword (sword)
Adamant Vest (light armor)

Anyway prepare your wallets...

Those are one of the few quests that are retroactive. If you have a character at 50, you can accept and complete them instantly.

Accept one and find out.

Good. Thanks. Wish it were the same for the rest. =\

GAMERG0D

They are going to release the Tidus event today, the Shinra event will probably be after Locke ends. The Soul Break Fest is the next in order of banners id. Then, FFVIII. But they can switch the order of events like they have done before.

FFVIII
Revolver (sword / Squall Rough Divide)
Valiant (gun / Irvine Fast Ammo)
Fujin's Chakram (ranged / Cyclone)
Betrayal Sword (sword / Darkest Cut)
Minotaur Plate (armor / Veil of Annulment)
Balamb Garden Uniform
Blitz Sword

Anyway prepare your wallets..
Four 11 pulls coming right up... luckily I can get the fourth because the dailies reset with new Mythril.

Razmos

Ultima Weapon on elite just wiped me out, the battle lasted forever, but there was nothing I could against the fact that I was doing only around 1000 damage a hit and his attacks were getting stronger as the fight went on.

My characters are all nearly max level with nearly all synergy equipment all maxed out, so fuck these elite difficulty levels, how the hell is it supposed to be possible to beat these?
If I can't beat Ultima Weapon I guess it's completely impossible for me to beat Red Dragon.

TIdus event is coming today? Equal parts yay and eurghhh. Doing THOSE elites without Synergy is going to be far worse.

That sucks that it's running so poorly for some. I'm among the few that it's running much more smoothly since the update, thankfully.

Galaxy S4
Same phone, same improvements on my end.

Outside of missing those 7 Mythril for not doing the old Heroic Dailies, this update has been fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom