• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

If you friend summon someone with Josef's relic soul break does it kill your character?

Because that would be amusing. Someone should test that. For science.

Diagol

Feel free to add me if you want. It's a level 50 Tyro with Sentinel's Grimoire (the one which brings a shield down and your party takes minimum damage for a few turns....it's seriously saved my butt a few times). ID: e4oP

Falk

that puzzling face
You can remove people that you follow, but you can't remove people that follow you, I don't think

Most you can do is set your roaming warrior to something stupid like cloud's default soul break with no weapon and hope people unfollow you I guess.

Wow this new update is goign to be amazing for FFRK Inspector. It forces people to go back and do old dungeons for quest rewards, so we can fill out more samples for a lot of the old dungeons that nobody cares to go back and do.

Negator

That sucks that it's running so poorly for some. I'm among the few that it's running much more smoothly since the update, thankfully.

Galaxy S4

So weird, I'm having tons of issues and I'm using an S4.

Maybe I should install that firmware update it keeps bugging me about.

So, Hard exp dungeon gives 37000~ experience points per stage (Mastery).
Heroic gives 57000~ (Mastery).

For 60 stamina spent:
  • 37000*6 = 220000
  • 57000*4 = 228000
So, unless there are special monsters in the heroic version which give more experience than usual, it may be better to just stick to the Hard one instead of S/L like crazy (also, nasty enemies with immunity to a lot of elemental attacks, including Quake of course).
That being said, better Growth eggs in the Heroic one (and monsters drop Growth eggs too, though it remains quite rare).

Also: yeah for critical hits!

Yeah, I noticed that with the old-school Gil daily yesterday. On average, I was losing 2.5k per 15, but with the completion bonus and the fact I can auto-battle it, Hard really is the way to farm until you're beyond that level

MicH

Finally got around to adding myself to the spreadsheet. My ID is 9rsP and I use Tidus with Thunder Blade (+ Thunder Slash SB), Genji Armor and Hyper Wrist if anyone would like to follow me - I'll follow back :D

Razmos

Oh wow, the rewards for the Tidus event are pretty awesome.

3 2*Punitive Mask's (X)
3 2*Punitive Armour (X)
3 3*Fencer Edge (X) (a free 5* Sword!)
1 5* Safety Bit (X) (5* Accessory) (Gives high resistance to Instant Death)
1 4* Valefor (Summon)

EDIT: Oh, and Firaja too
and 10 Mythril.

Oh and a free Power Break, which is nice because I haven't crafted one yet.

Roto13

Quests to combine weapons up to ++. Finally, those super common axes and stuff have a reason to live.

So weird, I'm having tons of issues and I'm using an S4.

Maybe I should install that firmware update it keeps bugging me about.

It also seems to be running a bit worse for me on my S4.

EDIT: I uninstalled the webview updates (haven't had to do that for a while) and performance improved, but it's not as good as it was when I used to uninstall those updates before they fixed it a bit. What a mess.

LaneDS

I spent a mythril to recharge 100 stamina today.

I feel like Square is one step closer to getting money from me with this game, which is the hardest anyone has ever had to work to obtain minimal profit.

Quests to combine weapons up to ++. Finally, those super common axes and stuff have a reason to live.

It also seems to be running a bit worse for me on my S4.

EDIT: I uninstalled the webview updates (haven't had to do that for a while) and performance improved, but it's not as good as it was when I used to uninstall those updates before they fixed it a bit. What a mess.

Can you check individual app's memory usage on an S4? I'm thinking that perhaps with the new update the client is just using too much memory.

Road

Just realized the best update: Equipment window remembers sorting order separately for weapon, armor and accessory and does not take you back anymore to the previous screen when you hit cancel for an equipment that is being used by another character.

So, Hard exp dungeon gives 37000~ experience points per stage (Mastery).
Heroic gives 57000~ (Mastery).

For 60 stamina spent:
  • 37000*6 = 220000
  • 57000*4 = 228000
So, unless there are special monsters in the heroic version which give more experience than usual, it may be better to just stick to the Hard one instead of S/L like crazy (also, nasty enemies with immunity to a lot of elemental attacks, including Quake of course).
That being said, better Growth eggs in the Heroic one (and monsters drop Growth eggs too, though it remains quite rare).

Also: yeah for critical hits!

Just looking at the monsters, it seems Heroic XP can vary a lot: From 35076 to 70152. I haven't find out if there's a pattern to mobs.

Hard is always 37080, so, if you're unlucky and gets six Defeaters, you'll get less per stamina on Heroic.

Discc13

Neo Member
Q9fM
Wakka lvl 50 status reels.

I added some of you, hope you guys add me to.

I thought they was going to put the hp bar on mobs, do anyone know if that come latter in the Japanese server?

Noi

Battle speed so good. Set it to 2 and it becomes just slow enough that I can actually manage trash waves effectively while minimizing the amount of damage I take and actually choosing my targets for attacks. This is just what I needed.

Heroic Exp daily doesn't seem as bad as everyone was making it out to be. I'm running a party of low to mid 40s and got full medals on the first 2 rounds. Still haven't even used my helper, which is Shiva, which should fully wipe 2 waves on round 3. Bring Protectga, because most of the attacks of physical, and Haste, so that you can get in more turns than the enemy. I'm running 3 melee and 2 healers, but the second healer only has Protectga and Slowga. The melee are mostly just using Double Cuts followed by single cuts (takes 3 strikes to kill an enemy)

Falk

that puzzling face
Valefor is not THAT easy to get btw. It's the clear reward for the boss rush.

On the bright side, Fencer Edge (a 3*++) is handed out on a silver platter, which is nicer than the Galbadian Sword VIII and Greatsword VI previous events gave out, both of those being 2*++. That solves at LEAST some RS issues. Retaliate meta hooooo.

On the brighterer side, we have friend summons way earlier than JP did.

Noi

Heroic Exp daily doesn't seem as bad as everyone was making it out to be. I'm running a party of low to mid 40s and got full medals on the first 2 rounds. Still haven't even used my helper, which is Shiva, which should fully wipe 2 waves on round 3. Bring Protectga, because most of the attacks of physical, and Haste, so that you can get in more turns than the enemy. I'm running 3 melee and 2 healers, but the second healer only has Protectga and Slowga. The melee are mostly just using Double Cuts followed by single cuts (takes 3 strikes to kill an enemy)

I made that mistake already. A lot of the enemies in that daily are either immune to or absorb spells, so Shiva's not gonna do much if you get waves full of those dark dudes that counter with berserk.

I added some conditional formatting to the capped? yes / no column in the spreadsheet. Hope the owner doesn't mind. Makes the ones with yes / y / no / n entered show up in a color.

Vorpal

Ultima Weapon on elite just wiped me out, the battle lasted forever, but there was nothing I could against the fact that I was doing only around 1000 damage a hit and his attacks were getting stronger as the fight went on.

My characters are all nearly max level with nearly all synergy equipment all maxed out, so fuck these elite difficulty levels, how the hell is it supposed to be possible to beat these?
If I can't beat Ultima Weapon I guess it's completely impossible for me to beat Red Dragon.

TIdus event is coming today? Equal parts yay and eurghhh. Doing THOSE elites without Synergy is going to be far worse.

I've had more trouble mastering Ultima Weapon (still haven't) than I did Red Dragon. Ultima Weapon's lack of weaknesses mixed with absurd HP makes for a much different challenge than Red Dragon where, if you wanted to, you could load up on Ice/Water abilities and focus on dealing big damage. Even if you're stuck on UW, I would suggest at least trying for a Phoenix Cave clear before the event ends--it's not necessarily easier but it's a different kind of hard. Or something.

I made that mistake already. A lot of the enemies in that daily are either immune to or absorb spells, so Shiva's not gonna do much if you get waves full of those dark dudes that counter with berserk.

Yea I just found that out, but that seems to be the only guy. There's 9 waves in total spread across the 3 battles, so just save your 2 shivas for a round that doesn't have any of those guys. Doesn;t really matter when you use it, you don't have to save it for a boss or anything, it's just there to save you on actions a couple times and conserve ability use. So using it on wave 1 of the first battle is as good a time as wave 3 of the last battle.

Balphon

Just realized the best update: Equipment window remembers sorting order separately for weapon, armor and accessory and does not take you back anymore to the previous screen when you hit cancel for an equipment that is being used by another character.

I'm partial to the game-appropriate fanfares, myself.

I'm loving all these Growth Eggs from the quests and from the exp daily. I've got 16 Minor, 53 Lesser, 27 regular, 3 Greater, and 1 Major saved up.

Cloud is going to be a happy camper when I get his Memory Crystal, I'm pretty sure I can take him straight to 65, or at least close. If my math is correct my current growth egg stockpile amounts to 810,500 exp

kiryogi

Banned
Added myself and so sorry guys that I don't have a better soul break

Good god this is an AMAZING update. Just noticed we got series victory music, the nostalgia just got more real.

Falk

that puzzling face
The problem with Ultima Weapon is that he has like 450 defense (not sure of the exact number).

Which means if you're doing retaliate meta, Armor Breaks are pretty much mandatory, and more or less Vanille's Deprotectga or Wakka's Status Reels or go home.

If you wanna be really cheap, you -should- be able to VIT0 him really easily now with Deprotega or Status Reels. (I say should because I haven't actually tried this myself)

edit: If you want a blueprint:

Turn 1: (in this order)
1) Retaliate
2) Protect on boss
3) Paralysis on boss
4) w/e (heal)
5) w/e

Turn 2:
1) Friend Summon (Deprotectga)
2) Protect on boss (Careful with timing as the friend summon casttime is longer than Protect and Protect has to land after)
3) Double Cut on ret
4) Double Cut on ret
5) Double Cut on ret

I'm not 100% sure how long Deprotectga lasts, but considering it's all done more or less on the same turn it's a guaranteed 9999 x 6 damage if VIT0 works the way it should.

And you have 2 shots of Deprotectga, so a guaranteed 120k HP off Ultima Weapon. He doesn't have much more than that.

Noi

Got mastery on Airship Escape today. I hate to leave two Major orbs behind, but there's too much shit to do in the coming days to bother mastering Fire Cave and Ultima, I already got the clear reward anyway.

Currently using some of the Mythril from the to blast through all the elites that I'd left waiting since Vanille's update.

Razmos

I've had more trouble mastering Ultima Weapon (still haven't) than I did Red Dragon. Ultima Weapon's lack of weaknesses mixed with absurd HP makes for a much different challenge than Red Dragon where, if you wanted to, you could load up on Ice/Water abilities and focus on dealing big damage. Even if you're stuck on UW, I would suggest at least trying for a Phoenix Cave clear before the event ends--it's not necessarily easier but it's a different kind of hard. Or something.
Yeah, I get what you mean. I've gone to try it anyway, brought along Poison, Slow and Status Reels.

Only got past the first trash wave so far and now waiting for my stamina to recharge. I feel like I could probably do it. And if not, I wouldn't mind spending a mythril to continue, it's worth it.
Wait does the Locke event end tonight? Shit there's no way I'm gonna be able to have the levels/stamina needed to clear it ;-;
No, in game it says it ends on the 9th/10th.

We're not sure. The banner STILL says 2 days away (6/10 1AM UTC) but official strategy site says 6/8

Yeah just checked, gonna assume it's 6/09 8PM EST as we've yet to get another event up yet and I can't think of a time we haven't had at least some over lap with events

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
dragging my turd squad through the old content to finish quests. waste of stamina? absolutely. more entertaining than grinding? YES.

also very glad that each realm has its own victory music now.

My friend code is eNHa. I'll add myself to the doc once I get to a computer.

Currently have Wakka with Status Reels as my RW. Hoping I can use this system to finally beat that damn dragon in the Phoenix Cave.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh man, the Mi'ihen boss rush. 2 Phoenix, 2 Trance Fira (friend summon) and a Mythril or two refresh sounds pretty good right about now.

(5 bosses, all bosses other than the first are multi-target so AOE is p cool)

Wazzy

Banned
All of these quest rewards being handed to me for already completing a huge portion of them.

Sogood.gif

Also where's Hoursleft at? I feel like I haven't seen him in the thread recently.

Edit: Ah wait nvm he was posting earlier lol

Falk

that puzzling face
and 4 Bladeblitz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPIednwS0co

Looking at this, the bosses have pretty ridiculous stats, but low HP. The adds themselves can't have much more than 10k, if they even reach that. (Second last boss seems more than 10k though)

Also a lot of them are vulnerable to fire and/or Paralysis. (Not the last boss though)

Edit: Actually, with Bladeblitz you probably could get away with 1 Mythril refresh lol!

AOE everything, get to last boss, refresh, OK MR BOSS, YOU HAVE REGENERATING ARMS BUT IT'S OK WE HAVE LOTS OF AOE

Vorpal

Finally mastered Floating Continent elite. Keeping two Status Reels in my pocket helped for sure, but I also think being able to lower the battle speed made a huuuuge difference. Setting mine to 2 gave me a lot of time to think about whose ATB was filling up next, what they would do with it, etc. It probably resulted in a lot less wasted time.

It's like those speedruns where the game is played at .25 speed but when the video is sped up it looks like some straight Matrix shit is going on

Razmos

To be clear for all the people saying "Yes" in the capped box on the spreadsheet, you do realize that means that your Follower list is full and nobody else can add you right? There's no point adding your ID if nobody can add you.

I can understand someone further up the list who has had theirs up for a while and are adding the "Yes" to say that they've capped, but why are people adding their ID just to say that they are capped anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPIednwS0co

Looking at this, the bosses have pretty ridiculous stats, but low HP. The adds themselves can't have much more than 10k, if they even reach that. (Second last boss seems more than 10k though)

Also a lot of them are vulnerable to fire and/or Paralysis. (Not the last boss though)

Edit: Actually, with Bladeblitz you probably could get away with 1 Mythril refresh lol!

AOE everything, get to last boss, refresh, OK MR BOSS, YOU HAVE REGENERATING ARMS BUT IT'S OK WE HAVE LOTS OF AOE

Does a Mythril refresh restore your friend's SB uses? Would be pretty amazing if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom