• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, but besides giving each other Gil for using someones Roaming Warrior, is there any real reason to add each other? It seems every stage you enter already has a list to choose from and you can add the ones you want afterwards.

Just wondering, but besides giving each other Gil for using someones Roaming Warrior, is there any real reason to add each other? It seems every stage you enter already has a list to choose from and you can add the ones you want afterwards.

Yea I just started going down the list adding randoms with the skills I wanted.

Razmos

Oh wow fuck the trash mobs in Phoenix Cave. They cast death, confuse you and have AoE attacks, ridiculous. I'm trying really hard not to waste abilities on them but I don't see any other way I can get through.

thedan001

I like this heroic exp daily now

because so far the worst offender is those shadows with aoe blind, so I have my healer roll with cure/blindna and I don't have to S/L anymore

Wow this new update is goign to be amazing for FFRK Inspector. It forces people to go back and do old dungeons for quest rewards, so we can fill out more samples for a lot of the old dungeons that nobody cares to go back and do.
That was my first thought too, lol. This also reminds me that I'd like to buy you a beer, lol.

Vorpal

To be clear for all the people saying "Yes" in the capped box on the spreadsheet, you do realize that means that your Follower list is full and nobody else can add you right? There's no point adding your ID if nobody can add you.

I can understand someone further up the list who has had theirs up for a while and are adding the "Yes" to say that they've capped, but why are people adding their ID just to say that they are capped anyway?

Kinda crazy if people are already hitting 100/100--I'm further up on the list and still sitting at 29/100. Maybe some people are taking it to mean "Level Capped"? As in their RW is level 50?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

DarkCloud

W4CU7si.png

Feel Free to add me. Chose Lenna as she's the only character I've gotten her relic for and free revive is always nice.

Kinda crazy if people are already hitting 100/100--I'm further up on the list and still sitting at 29/100. Maybe some people are taking it to mean "Level Capped"? As in their RW is level 50?
I thought that too, initially. I renamed the column to make more sense at a glance.

Fake edit: Or not. Looks like it reverted. =\

Razmos

My god, who alphabetically organized the characters again? seriously.

I thought that too, initially. I renamed the column to make more sense at a glance.

Fake edit: Or not. Looks like it reverted. =\
Sorry, I had to revert to 5 minutes before because someone alphabetized the characters again. I've put your edit back now :)

Friend code is ergu
Lv31 Summoner with Call II

Quite a handy one, two free summons.

Also, very sad at how laggy the game is after the update. Just when it had ironed all that shit out. :(

MicH

To be clear for all the people saying "Yes" in the capped box on the spreadsheet, you do realize that means that your Follower list is full and nobody else can add you right? There's no point adding your ID if nobody can add you.

I can understand someone further up the list who has had theirs up for a while and are adding the "Yes" to say that they've capped, but why are people adding their ID just to say that they are capped anyway?
I thought it referred to level, but if it refers to whether you've maxed out on followers then I'm wrong. Would someone be kind and remove my "Yes" from that column? I'm on mobile currently so I can't do it myself. Thanks!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
My Tidus is only in the low 20s. Should I be using my eggs on him I've been getting in quests to prep for the event?

Wazzy

Banned
Unless I'm missing something, you quoted a response to the question "What features from the JP client are still missing?" No HP bars for us yet.

But god damn I would love some HP bars
Aw boo. :(

Well it's something to look forward to I guess

Falk

that puzzling face
It sucks.
The XP dungeon is now filled with enemies who can't be harmed by Quake. So it's gonna be even harder to level up mages, such a shit thing to do.

How so?

Do just the first stage, find someone with Masamune or Locke's 5* etc.

That clears out 2 waves for you already.

Yogg

Oops, I corrected my entry. The column name must have been edited because it just said "capped" before, and I thought it was about the character level.

If we follow someone, how do we select that friend for summoning other than the list of randoms the game offers when selecting a dungeon? Trying to tackle Red Dragon now before the Tidus event starts.

Falk

that puzzling face
So out of curiousity, I burnt a Mythril to refresh 100 stam and VIT0'd Ultima Weapon. It still works as of this patch (there was no reason to think it wouldn't, but it was still nagging me)

He died in 3 rounds lol

Razmos

I was about to do some science:
8fc510ca2873fcbe561da47c3104f591.png

Was gonna get an AoE soul break as my friend summon and see how much damage it did in the Heroic daily.

...but of course there are none available, only single target ones and healing.

The only AoE skill on my list is a level 29 Vanille with Deprotega, sigh.

Vorpal

I didn't actually think of that...

Is the power of these friend summons based on the level of the character or the summon itself?

I'm 90% certain that the Friend Summon (and the gear that FS is wearing) is what determines power, and not anything from your personal party. I'm pretty sure that's why Dr. Mog suggests that you give your Roaming Warrior good equipment.

Anecdotal, of course, but I've used two different level 20-30 Friend Summons while running with a full party of level 50s, and the FS did damage appropriate to the 20-30 level range. (I.e., <1000)

Falk

that puzzling face
That's a little risky though - one hit and you're dead, and savescumming will still give you a dead guy.

I'd put in a second character just for savescumming insurance.

Razmos

That's a little risky though - one hit and you're dead, and savescumming will still give you a dead guy.

I'd put in a second character just for savescumming insurance.
lol, good point. I can't do it now anyway since I have no AoE friend summons.

Can someone else try it?

Noi

I'm 90% certain that the Friend Summon (and the gear that FS is wearing) is what determines power, and not anything from your personal party. I'm pretty sure that's why Dr. Mog suggests that you give your Roaming Warrior good equipment.

Anecdotal, of course, but I've used two different level 20-30 Friend Summons while running with a full party of level 50s, and the FS did damage appropriate to the 20-30 level range. (I.e., <1000)

I'm not entirely sure, but rows might affect it too. I used Braver twice in the same fight, one by a frontline melee guy and once by a rear caster. The first one did the expected 9999 damage, but the caster only did ~5k.

Man FFRK Inspector is up to 8,600 total runs in the database. It seems to be going up by abotu 1,000 runs / day. Pretty amazing if you think about it.

Greater Dark Orb from Phantom Train Elite still ranks as the single cheapest Greater Orb in the game. Makes sense if you think about it, because the battle only costs 5 stamina to enter. I guess the thing to do is find other dungeons where the final battle is really cheap.

Also it seems all runs are definitely NOT created equal. The final battle of Fabul Castle (Elite) has over 130 samples recorded and a rate of a mere 6% on the Greater Non-Elemental Orb. So it's worth testing every single area, we can't assume the rates are the same across the board.

Shadow780

So out of curiousity, I burnt a Mythril to refresh 100 stam and VIT0'd Ultima Weapon. It still works as of this patch (there was no reason to think it wouldn't, but it was still nagging me)

He died in 3 rounds lol

What is this again? It rings a bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom