• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Aha! someone on the subreddit figured out a great way to reset the friend summon list. Go to Fabul Castle (IV) and use 1 stamina to fight the trash mobs, then quit.

Falk

that puzzling face
What is this again? It rings a bell.

VIT0 in general Final Fantasy terms are abilities that reduce your stats. In FFRK, there's a VIT0-related exploit due to how the game calculates certain buffs/debuffs.

In short, casting Protect, Armor Breakdown and Protect in sequence on a mob reduces its DEF value to 2 (which is the minimum value possible, probably to avoid divide-by-zero-esque problems). Everything with any reasonable ATK value will hit for 9999.

VIT0 in general Final Fantasy terms are abilities that reduce your stats. In FFRK, there's a VIT0-related exploit due to how the game calculates certain buffs/debuffs.

In short, casting Protect, Armor Breakdown and Protect in sequence on a mob reduces its DEF value to 2 (which is the minimum value possible, probably to avoid divide-by-zero-esque problems). Everything with any reasonable ATK value will hit for 9999.

Will have to try the wakka version of this, the shell, mental breakdown, shell then spell pound is nice but you can't get in nearly as many attacks as retaliate protect wakka protect double cut double cut, 3 attacks and two more double cuts. The spell version I can only get in four spell attacks before refreshing vit0.

Falk

that puzzling face
Will have to try the wakka version of this, the shell, mental breakdown, shell then spell pound is nice but you can't get in nearly as many attacks as retaliate protect wakka protect double cut double cut, 3 attacks and two more double cuts. The spell version I can only get in four spell attacks before refreshing vit0.

Deprotega lasts longer anecdotally.

That's how Atma Weapon blew up. 6 double cuts in 2 turns.

Shadow780

Where is the link to the spreadsheet?

That sounds amazing, gonna try that now!

Anustart

Ugh I think I'm done with this POS. Latest update just made the menu performance fucking tank into a bottomless pit. There's no reason this game should run so shitty on a note 4.

Is there a list of the quests and their rewards and the new quests they unlock?

I looked on reddit and all i can see is people saying there is a list, but no one actually links to it. :/

Razmos

So with the new influx of Mythril, save em for Tidus event pulls or just use them with Locke's pulls?
Depends on what you need most. The FFX content has barely begun, while VI has been done to death already.

FFX content is generally harder as well.
Reminder of the Tidus event banner:
Brotherhood (sword / Tidus Spiral Cut);
Emerald Shield (shield);
Emerald Bracer (bracer / Veil of Annulment);
Heat Lance (spear / Bladestorm Flames);
Monk Robe (robe / Blessing of Spira);
Soldier's Sabre (sword / Sonic Buster)

Would be nice if they had a drop rate increase on Official Ball as well, but I'm not expecting it.

Road

So with the new influx of Mythril, save em for Tidus event pulls or just use them with Locke's pulls?

Only you can answer your question -- what equipment you want the most.

But, rationally, we have plenty of FFVI synergy from regular drops in the game while nothing drops from FFX at all. So you might want to consider that.

Deprotega lasts longer anecdotally.

That's how Atma Weapon blew up. 6 double cuts in 2 turns.

Deprotega is 25s; Status Reels, 10s. Your anecdote is right.

Feels dirty, but I guess I'll get rid of Locke's event with VIT0 today.

Are the generic SBs from Locke's banner worth going after or should I pull on Tidus instead?

Sidenote: My only natural 5* is Kain's lance.

Razmos

The balance changes, apparently:
(all stats based on a level 50 character)

• Kain: ATK was 86, now 106 (!)
  • Rydia: HP was 2345, now 2646. DEF was 43, now 52
  • Cyan: HP was 3082, now 3584. ATK was 101, now 102 (lol)
  • Tifa: ATK was 102, now 110. DEF was 63, now 86. HP was 3495, now 3624

No clue what changed on Paladin Cecil.

Noi

You mean Kain can actually do damage if I put this Golden Spear on him and use Jump?

q6qHLmr.gif

The balance changes, apparently:
(all stats based on a level 50 character)

• Kain: ATK was 86, now 106 (!)
  • Rydia: HP was 2345, now 2646. DEF was 43, now 52
  • Cyan: HP was 3082, now 3584. ATK was 101, now 102 (lol)
  • Tifa: ATK was 102, now 110. DEF was 63, now 86. HP was 3495, now 3624

No clue what changed on Paladin Cecil.

This makes Kain top 10 attack, from rank 31.

He already was top 10 defense and speed. This makes him actually quite good I think. And I already have him level 50 with his blood lance.

Oh god, I've made a huge mistake. Collect all with 20 upgrade mats in the item chest. Sitting now at 147 out of 150, the good news is that this tidus event will drop a few weapons and armors to upgrade. So really they probably wouldn't have stayed in my inventory for long regardless...

Noi

Paladin Cecil stat changes:
HP was 4047, now 4231, ATK was 94, now 102. and he can use Axes now.

Good lord, what a beast. I don't think Cecil really needed to use axes, but whatever. That was supposed to be WoL's advantage. :lol

Talaysen

I was curious on just how much ATK you need to hit for 9999 so I did some math.

Assuming the 2^0.8 rounds down to 1, then you'd need 167 ATK to reach 9999 (1.67^1.8 ~= 10020). If you want to hit 9999 from the back row, that's 246.

With Double Cut, you want 177 in front, 260 in back. (If you're using Retaliate, the original ATK values apply though.)

Haven't tested any of that, but it seems about right.

So yeah, pretty easy to reach.

Ugh, the app is becoming borderline unusable for me at this point, I've had thirty plus crashes today, maybe more; not to mention menus being laggier and buggier than before.

iPad Mini 2, iOS update to date, just in case.

I was curious on just how much ATK you need to hit for 9999 so I did some math.

Assuming the 2^0.8 rounds down to 1, then you'd need 167 ATK to reach 9999 (1.67^1.8 ~= 10020). If you want to hit 9999 from the back row, that's 246.

With Double Cut, you want 177 in front, 260 in back. (If you're using Retaliate, the original ATK values apply though.)

Haven't tested any of that, but it seems about right.

So yeah, pretty easy to reach.

Back Row is treated the same as front when using ranged weapon right?

lol, I have enough eggs to take a character from lvl1 straight to 43. Who's new in the next update?

EDIT: Vivi, Fran and Irvine? 3 of my fav characters? Holy smokes!

lol, I have enough eggs to take a character from lvl1 straight to 43. Who's new in the next update?

EDIT: Vivi, Fran and Irvine? 3 of my fav characters? Holy smokes!

I'm saving mine for Tidus's level cap break. Going to take him as close to 65 as I can. Will help a lot with being able to do the Boss Rush EX dungeon.

I dont want all these random people following me...just gaffers. The UI is horrible too. How do i set my character and create a password? More important, how do I purge the 40 followers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom