• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMERG0D

I beat the 2nd flying boss without having any cure spells. I mainly got lucky because it targeted Cloud and Tidus over Rydia.

Cloud - 25
Tidus - 25 with Boost and Salve
Tyro - 25 with Silver Harp, Protect Vest 2* and Power Wrist. Thunder Strike x2
Wakka - 20 with Aegis Bow (3* FF XII from relic roll), Protect Vest 4* and Power Wrist. Double Hit and Salve
Rydia - 25 with Rod 3* (IV) and Mythril Armlet 2*. Thundara (Honed with 4 uses) and Protect (only used on her)

Probably going to use a couple eggs on Tifa to use her against the last floors.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
But he does so at a much lower capacity. Cure with Tyro 300~, Cure with White Mage 500~. Same gear. As an example.

Tyro has loads of HP and can actually survive. That is the main difference.

That and he can do black and white magic at the same time which, when exploiting weaknesses, is still pretty powerful.

Yaari

Hmm. Wondering. If I've gotten Expert rating, rather than Champion, can I go back to a floor to correct it before I finish it? Or is it stuck on that? (Without running the entire stage over again)

Tyro has loads of HP and can actually survive. That is the main difference.

That and he can do black and white magic at the same time which, when exploiting weaknesses, is still pretty powerful.

If he had 4 slots instead of 2, you could use him better as a jack of all trades sort... I tried using him as such, but same low amount of slots coupled and even taking advantage of enemy elemental weaknesses, he's still doing about half the damage of Rydia and only a little over half the healing of White mage (without the 'infinite' heal that is Prayer).

I'll find time to level him eventually, but as is he's just not very useful.

Stider

Hmm. Wondering. If I've gotten Expert rating, rather than Champion, can I go back to a floor to correct it before I finish it? Or is it stuck on that? (Without running the entire stage over again)

Yes you can. As long as you don't do the last/boss stage of an area, you can do the individual floors as often as you want to increase score/get items.

SougoXIII

You can

If he had 4 slots instead of 2, you could use him better as a jack of all trades sort... I tried using him as such, but same low amount of slots coupled and even taking advantage of enemy elemental weaknesses, he's still doing about half the damage of Rydia and only a little over half the healing of White mage (without the 'infinite' heal that is Prayer).

I'll find time to level him eventually, but as is he's just not very useful.

On the other hand, Tyrone have been a staple in my party ever since the beginning. The abilities to equip whatever gear he wants is a great boon when you draw that 3*/4* equip that no one can use. I can also have more flexible strategy/setups with him around since I can swap the other members around more freely to take advantage of the synergy bonus.

Going to try to invoke some GAF luck right now...

Ugh!! Kain just refuses to drop that whip for poor little Rydia. =( Making her and I really sad right now. And I need 3 of them. 😦

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Going to try to invoke some GAF luck right now...

Ugh!! Kain just refuses to drop that whip for poor little Rydia. =( Making her and I really sad right now. And I need 3 of them.

If you have the luck of GAF as I did, you'll now get two of them in a row the next two times you finish that boss.

Good luck!

Drac

Finished second flying boss with my crap lv24 team with a lvl 1 thundara, thunder and thunder strike with shitty 1 star weapons ++ and mastered it x) (and a useless Tidus just staring the whole fight). I did used a mythril to heal up my party before the boss stage but I think it was worth it ! One more to go, should be easier with shitty 2 stars weapon ++ :)

Wazzy

Banned
The challenge events been pretty easy. I killed the ranged boss with Rydia's thundara.

Now to finish the last few floors.

garath

Hmm. Cloud or tidus for the main party? No 5* weapons here. Just normal 3* crap. I'm leaning toward tidus but cloud is 3 levels higher now and still owning for farming the event.

Hmm. Cloud or tidus for the main party? No 5* weapons here. Just normal 3* crap. I'm leaning toward tidus but cloud is 3 levels higher now and still owning for farming the event.

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Character_Rankings

The only (meaningful) stat that Tidus beats Cloud in is Speed. I'd rather have the higher attack, defense, and HP of Cloud.

What equipment did she have and what level was she? :eek:

Whip + FF7 bangle (fully upgraded) and level 23ish when I beat the flying boss with Thundara for me.

elty

Is there a easier way to farm whip? I have to go through like 10 different level to have a shot at the boss. I tried to quit if the boss didn't drop it but it always count.

SougoXIII

Is there a easier way to farm whip? I have to go through like 10 different level to have a shot at the boss. I tried to quit if the boss didn't drop it but it always count.

If you're farming whips for the flying boss then you shouldn't bother. The main dmg of that fight is going to be Thundara/Thunder. Have Rydia be your main damage dealer and bring Tyrone & BLM in as back ups.

For those who played the JP version: When they re-issue the events, do the rewards reset? Or does it work like the dailies?

Wazzy

Banned
What equipment did she have and what level was she? :eek:

She's level 22 and her equipment is a level 5 star dress and 4 star staff(I'll get the item names when I'm out of battle) but even without those, if you have thundara and she's at a decent level you shouldn't have too many problems with the boss. I would recommend putting Wakka and Kain so you get a couple extra damage dealers and then leave Tyro to healing and extra magic damage.

I only had to use Rydia though so if she's at a high level she's all you should need. :D

elty

If you're farming whips for the flying boss then you shouldn't bother. The main dmg of that fight is going to be Thundara/Thunder. Have Rydia be your main damage dealer and bring Tyrone & BLM in as back ups.

For those who played the JP version: When they re-issue the events, do the rewards reset? Or does it work like the dailies?

I finished the event already, I just want the whip for Rydia auto battle. 5 tries already and no whip.

NomadX

Neo Member
Kind of shot myself in the foot on ever using Tifa or Sephiroth as I didn't know what to do with the combine system. Ended up using the weapons I got from the event for other stuff that isn't helping me. Hopefully I'll have enough time to get my characters up to 30, they are at 25 now and the elite dungeon bosses are too tough to tackle without an OP character.

dubc35

Kind of shot myself in the foot on ever using Tifa or Sephiroth as I didn't know what to do with the combine system. Ended up using the weapons I got from the event for other stuff that isn't helping me. Hopefully I'll have enough time to get my characters up to 30, they are at 25 now and the elite dungeon bosses are too tough to tackle without an OP character.

I've barely played the game and doubt I'll play much more of it (I like it but it makes me want to play FFVII again, not a bad thing) but it looks like OP gear > OP characters.

JNA

Banned
I'm only farming for Summon Orbs because he elite dungeons are very tough and I want to be over leveled when I do them again.

And the experience is really good for Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth. And gill...

Ashodin

hell
3g1qIjgl.png
mothafuckin
yHTDh8sl.png
YEAH
s9Js2cvl.png

Event COMPLETE

mstevens

Wooo!

Just beat the last Shinra event (and got mastery somehow) without getting Dark Attack.

Party was:
27 Cloud
26 Rydia
28 Kain
28 Wakka
26 Tyro

Was out of cure at the end and got extremely lucky with who he picked to attack during the last 5 or so turns.

elty

Going in with an under level Sephiroh and forgot blind, maybe I should try sleeping the dog and burn down Rufus first.

Ashodin

Getting the whip on Rydia was the best thing ever for this event

Bringing Sephie back into the event at level 1, with his equips he gets boosted from 200 HP to 1000
laughing-smiley-016.gif

Road

Meh... Mastered everything on first try all way the way to Rufus, when he killed Rydia. Forgot to do the hard reset thingy. Tried to Sleep Rufus, but RNG wasn't on my side. Next time I'll just Protect Rydia, since that's a sure thing. Now for the interminable Stamina recovery...

By the way, is it just me or is anyone else full of XII gear? haha

Colby

Event COMPLETE
I usually get kinda annoyed when posters post their event clear pics, because WE ALL KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE ALREADY, but this time, you actually helped me out. I got two Greater Summon Orbs from Rufus in two runs, so I was gonna see if it was a guaranteed thing, but you didn't get one, so I figure my stamina is better spent elsewhere.

Thanks! And shame on me for being a douche!

Stider

I usually get kinda annoyed when posters post their event clear pics, because WE ALL KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE ALREADY, but this time, you actually helped me out. I got two Greater Summon Orbs from Rufus in two runs, so I was gonna see if it was a guaranteed thing, but you didn't get one, so I figure my stamina is better spent elsewhere.

Thanks! And shame on me for being a douche!

Rufus still drops summon orbs, they can sometimes be 3* instead of 4* though. I've killed him a few times and have received an orb every time.

Jomjom

Banned
You have to get the item you want to combine to max level. You don't have to level the items you're combining with, though. You can do this two times.

Ok so I have 3 bronze bangles but when i go to the combine menu they are grayed out. They also have "low level" in red letters.

Teiran

Ok so I have 3 bronze bangles but when i go to the combine menu they are grayed out. They also have "low level" in red letters.
You have to upgrade equipment to its max level before you can combine it.

In this case, you'd go to Upgrade Equipment, select one of the bronze bangles, get it to level 3/3, then go to Combine Equipment and fuse one of the other bangles into the leveled one.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

To combine Items A and B, A and B need to be the same item and A needs to be at its max value, and once A has been combined with B and C it can't be combined with anything else. All clear?

Jomjom

Banned
Ahhhh I see. Thank you guys for the clarifications.

When upgrading using the same identical item boosts the upgrade more but what about using the same class of equipment as fodder? For example is it better to feed another type of bracelet to a bronze bangle than say, an axe?

Shouta

Oh man, the new event in the JP. These guys know what chars to bring ;_;

It's
Zack and Aerith in a single dungeon

Negator

So tomorrow's daily event is FF7 eh? I have a feeling with three FF7 characters and all the new ff7 equipment it will be trivial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom