• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how am I supposed to stop Ultros Orthos from going ham on me in the elite esper cave locke event? Fight goes fine until he protects/hastes then he proceeds to spam aqua breath/magnitude 8 and wipe my whole team

Road

So how am I supposed to stop Ultros Orthos from going ham on me in the elite esper cave locke event? Fight goes fine until he protects/hastes then he proceeds to spam aqua breath/magnitude 8 and wipe my whole team

Calculate your damage and before you reach 50% of his health (full hp is 102986), paralyze or (reflect) on him. Then keep paralyzing him and using magic break just in case.

I just did Nelapa elite and forgot to put Celes in the front row........... Thankfully I was "cheating" with Deprotega friend soul break (but not VIT0... yet.)

Calculate your damage and before you reach 50% of his health (full hp is 102986), paralyze or (reflect) on him. Then keep paralyzing him and using magic break.

Hmm I didn't bring any of these :|

I guess I'll have to retreat and try again with Intimidate

I also received Wakkas second materia the very next battle I used him in after his level break. Judging from everyone else here it can't be that difficult to obtain.

So should I jump pump all my eggs into Tidus and Wakka to get them to 50? They're both currently in their mid 30's? Or should I do a bunch of the Tidus event then pump exp eggs into them?

Wilsongt

vKxTA.gif

Finally. Someone else with shitty draw luck.

KTO

Just got danjuro and brotherhood from an 11 pull. Part of me really wants to use the platinum dagger I already had as upgrade fodder because Danjuro makes it kind of redundant and I already have 3 (maneater, cat claws and dancing dagger) other 4* daggers. Do you guys think I'll get any use out of it or should i just get rid of it?

Just got danjuro and brotherhood from an 11 pull. Part of me really wants to use the platinum dagger I already had as upgrade fodder because Danjuro makes it kind of redundant and I already have 3 (maneater, cat claws and dancing dagger) other 4* daggers. Do you guys think I'll get any use out of it or should i just get rid of it?

It's really hard to say for sure. If you feel like setting up FFRK Inspector, it can give you a fairly accurate answer

KTO

So should I jump pump all my eggs into Tidus and Wakka to get them to 50? They're both currently in their mid 30's? Or should I do a bunch of the Tidus event then pump exp eggs into them?

I would get as far in as you can first because the non elite part is easy. If you bump them to 50 they will be too OP for the normal part and you would lose the exp. You can probably save a bunch of eggs that way. Plus eggs give static exp which goes a lot further bumping up characters you haven't touched.

Does anyone know if you take a lvl 50 into a dungeon how the exp spreads? Does it get divided among the other characters or does the max lvl still get their share? Even though, they can't do anything with it.

Get the character's Memory Crystal and use it at level 50. The only two characters whose Memory Crystals you can get right now are Tidus and Wakka.

You can only break the level cap for characters whose Memory Crystals are available--currently Wakka and Tidus, because of the FFX event.

I see. I guess now I just gotta figure out how to finish Locke's event. I got to Airship and now it's stupid hard despite how much FF6 gear I have.

Roto13

I would get as far in as you can first because the non elite part is easy. If you bump them to 50 they will be too OP for the normal part and (I think?) lose exp. You can probably save a bunch of eggs that way. Plus eggs give static exp which goes a lot further bumping up characters you haven't touched.

Does anyone know if you take a lvl 50 into a dungeon how the exp spreads? Does it get divided among the other characters or does the max lvl still get their share? Even though, they can't do anything with it.

EXP is divided equally among all surviving party members, whether they have any use for it or not.

DeviantBoi

I have 50+ mythril saved up.

Worth it to try for the Tidus weapon?

Or is there an event coming up with increased rate on multiple weapons?

Red Mage

Woohoo! For my "free" quest pull, I got the Shell SB armor.

Anyhow, should I use my 50 mythril now or wait for the next banner?

Vorpal

If you bring a roaming warrior with you into a dungeon, but you never use it, is that friend still locked out from the list as per the once-a-day rule? I'm not sure whether I need to hit Deselect every time I auto through an easy dungeon.

KTO

I have 50+ mythril saved up.

Worth it to try for the Tidus weapon?

Or is there an event coming up with increased rate on multiple weapons?

The Locke event has an increased rate on multiple items if you don't really care what you get, but if you actually want Brotherhood you should just go for it. My advice is to pick the banner you want and go in with no expectations. Odds are you'll get one or two 5*'s or even none at all and probably not the one you wanted anyway. If you don't have any real 4* gear there is definitely no sense in waiting.

KTO

If you bring a roaming warrior with you into a dungeon, but you never use it, is that friend still locked out from the list as per the once-a-day rule? I'm not sure whether I need to hit Deselect every time I auto through an easy dungeon.

Yeah they are

Calling it a 5 hr night. completed 74/111 quests. should have had the 75th with the free common pull but didn't see it. I like how create Holy is a quest. That thing is going to stay on our boards for quite some time I fear. It is going to take a lot of gil and orbs to hone all these level 3 abilities.I now do not feel safe creating, honing, or selling abilities due to the unknown of the quest system. God forbid there is ever a hone to max quest on any of these things.

Jyrii

Banned
Did my 3rd(?) 11 pull.

Pretty horrible. Only one 4*, rest were 3* ones.Only good thing was that I could combine one armor and one weapon to 5*++

Hige

I usually just do a couple of single pulls per banner after getting burned on my first 11x pull, but I did my second 11x because of all the mythril lately. Got three 4* and 5 of the 11 items were rods/staves. FML.

Guess I'll be rocking the bard with minuet 2 as my roaming warrior for a while. -_-

FireVoa

Did an 11 pull on Brotherhood banner, got a Blitzsword (3rd one), Danjuro (3rd one) and 5* Monk Robe. Not happy about it... but not sad either.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Did my 3rd(?) 11 pull.

Pretty horrible. Only one 4*, rest were 3* ones.Only good thing was that I could combine one armor and one weapon to 5*++

I understand how you feel right now. I'm in a pulling slump myself. 4 straight 11 item pulls with no 5*.

Road

After trying to beat the Airship boss rush in a legit way and failing miserably, was angry and decided to abuse VIT0 and take it on Ultima Weapon.

Poor thing, didn't even get to take one turn.

Does anyone know if getting the Fire Strike from the Tidus event dungeon reward fulfills the respective quest?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Did my 4th 11 pull on the Tidus banner and got fuck all, and now I've gotten to the point where I can't ignore my clogged inventory anymore. This game is hell for hoarders.

So this is gonna be my "do I keep this shit or not?" priority list. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

-Keep 2 (3?) of my best gear for each equipment type
-Keep equipment types I don't have much of
-Keep equipment for realms I don't have much equipment for
-Keep +atk/mag/mnd accessories
-Toss everything else

Am I miss anything?

After trying to beat the Airship boss rush in a legit way and failing miserably, was angry and decided to abuse VIT0 and take it on Ultima Weapon.

Poor thing, didn't even get to take one turn.

Does anyone know if getting the Fire Strike from the Tidus event dungeon reward fulfills the respective quest?

Is there a quest for Fire Strike? I looked for one but maybe I just didn't unlock it yet

thedan001

I wonder if I can beat that red dragon now with the roaming friend support. I wonder whose soul break would help me most.

Maybe run full FFVI characters + healer and use Tyro Sentinel/Shellra armguard SB, but Wakka/Vanille VIT0 exploit could work too if you tweak things right (done right, it does 120k burst damage)

I have almost 200 Mythril but fuck these recent 11 Draws pictured above.

Holy shit some people got unlucky af.

To draw or not to draw... I will see how the Tidus Elite event goes for me.

thedan001

Maybe run full FFVI characters + healer and use Tyro Sentinel/Shellra armguard SB, but Wakka/Vanille VIT0 exploit could work too if you tweak things right (done right, it does 120k burst damage)

How does the exploit work?

Basically abuse some weird programming in FFRK by casting protect on boss then wakka's status reels or vanille's deprotectga, and then cast protect again on boss right after

physical attacks do 9999 for a couple turns, so you want to rapidly que for double cuts/retaliate to maximize damage output

this also works with magic too, with mental breakdown ability and cast magic for 9999's. Just need to replace shell for protect instead

youtube video

Razmos

I woke up to find that some asshat has broken the spreadsheet again.
I'm losing the will to live here.

I can't even be bothered fixing it now, thanks whoever did that 3 times for no real reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom