• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I woke up to find that some asshat has broken the spreadsheet again.
I'm losing the will to live here.

I can't even be bothered fixing it now, thanks whoever did that 3 times for no real reason.

Maybe we could do another one and hide the link (i.e. quote to see)? At least that might minimise possible damage. Only gaf members can quote to see the link. I remember certain games having threads that do that.

Xetherion

I can't even be bothered fixing it now, thanks whoever did that 3 times for no real reason.

Is that why i'm unable to edit it and add my friend code? It's erW5 for anyone who's interested.

Since GAF told me wrong before(well two of you anyhow)...if you go to profile under menu it looks like you can set up your roaming warrior. That is also where you get your code for friends. Was really confused on where the hell to go.

Have like 45 quests done. Went from 3 mythril at the start of the day to 25, when I beat a dungeon in 20 minutes. Got mid-may(1), daily dungeons(3, didn't bother to waste stamina on heroic although I got that one before so I could have done it...next week)...however many from the first rounds of Tidus event(I think I have 4 or 5 left) on classic. Then the rest from quests. Also managed to get 3 more toons up to 50(White Mage, Aeris, Vanille) bringing my total to 8(Cloud, Terra, Celes, Cyan, Tyro).

Got a Poison Axe(3 star IV) on my free pull through quest. Since I don't think I have any axes...I guess I'll keep it around.

Only gripe is the damn game is becoming laggy as heck. Happened when I downloaded some pre-patch thing Saturday...seems to be even worse with the new content.

Oh hey, my first 5* Armor.
VDHakfc.png

Qw6E, add away people. granted, my character is crud.

also, really regret not having wakka at level 50 now. feel like i need to plan my levelling for the next event (final fantasy viii, right?) a bit better.
almost through the normal event. not going to be shy in regards to using mythril to clear the memory crystal stage this time.

Really liking all these new dailies. 8 free mythril today from doing dailies, and I like the way the grouping of the items actually makes sense. Just finished the heroic equipment upgraded daily. Drops were pretty nice. Lots of Large Adamantite and Scarletite drops

Razmos

The fact that they released Wakka's memory crystal earlier than expected gives me hope that Rinoa's will come with Squall's event.

Can't you lock it down to where people can add to it but can't sort it like that? I'm pretty sure I've seen that on other spreadsheets people made for the game.

Wazzy

Banned
46 quests done and a couple more will be finished soon. I want to save my stamina for Tidus event before doing the dungeon quests.
The fact that they released Wakka's memory crystal earlier than expected gives me hope that Rinoa's will come with Squall's event.
That would be great. I'd love to have both ready to go.

Still waiting on the ruling for that incorrect banner. I'll be so happy if they refund me my Mythril.

Edit: These new Daily Dungeons are amazing. I love how they're set up now.

Last boss on Elite is pretty hard. Make sure you bring Cloud with lots of Fira and Fire Spellstrikes. That way you can ignore the arms on first boss and go straight for the body

Shahadan

Brotherhood GET

I only do single pulls and I always manage to get something 5* without spending the mithril required for a 11 pull. I guess I'm rather lucky.

Nohar

I don't know if I should do a single pull or no... There is a quest that gives +5 Mythril after a pull after all. Overall I'm keeping the Mythril until I get multi-weapons banners, though I guess that if I hit 150 Mythril I will spend 50 for a 11 pull on the FFX banner.

Razmos

I just realized how misleading the info is that you see when you click on an item in the banner.
For example, Tidus' brotherhood shows an attack of 126 when fully levelled, but it shows the weapon as level 30, which is actually a 7-Star weapon.

I know that the 2 soul break weapons I've gotten so far (Valkyrie and Rising Sun) both have a max level of 20.

Also I've decided not to do any pulls for this banner, everything there is pretty terrible. As much as I love the animation of Spiral Cut, and as nostalgic as the Brotherhood makes me, the actual soul break is boring, and the rest of the items are meh at best.

Gonna save for Squall or Balthier's banner. <3

i am confused with regards to the banner with the ffvii weapons, wakka's ball etc.
what is this related to, the free common draw? it's oddthat you can't spend mythril on this particular banner.

ALSO have you noticed there's a new '3x draw' option on tidus' banner? seems weirdly pointless.

Razmos, you should hide the link to the spreadsheet in an email tag. That way only registered users can see it. (I'd suggest starting a brand new one if you're going to do this.)

Public spreadsheets are always being tampered with.

Razmos

Razmos, you should hide the link to the spreadsheet in an email tag. That way only registered users can see it. (I'd suggest starting a brand new one if you're going to do this.)

Public spreadsheets are always being tampered with.
No need! looks like I fixed it. Nobody can change any of the settings, or sort anything. All they can do is add data to cells (only the ones that I let them change)

Being the creator has it's perks
*developing a god complex*

Wazzy

Banned
Broke Tidus limit and now unlocking Wakka's crystal.
No need! looks like I fixed it. Nobody can change any of the settings, or sort anything. All they can do is add data to cells (only the ones that I let them change)

The problem is that lurkers have access to our information when it's public :p

I don't mind some of the lurkers already put in but it's probably a lot safer to just hide it in email tags anyway

If anyone can add/delete stuff, it can still be vandalized.

Just a word of caution. I've seen it happen many times before on GAF.

Razmos

Broke Tidus limit and now unlocking Wakka's crystal.

The problem is that lurkers have access to our information when it's public :p

I don't mind some of the lurkers already put in but it's probably a lot safer to just hide it in email tags anyway
Hmm, I kept it open at the start before I knew there was a 100-follower limit, so I guess keeping it hidden might be a good idea.

I'll hide the link from now on, and i'll go back and edit some of my posts

Wazzy

Banned
Hmm, I kept it open at the start before I knew there was a 100-follower limit, so I guess keeping it hidden might be a good idea.

I'll hide the link from now on, and i'll go back and edit some of my posts
Sounds good. I'll also go back to see if I quoted any and delete the link. It's unfortunate but with the limit and wanting to keeper gaffers in the list, we'll have to hide the link.

At least some lurkers snuck in!

Phoenix is too strong. I think I almost have him though. And then he flare 1 shots a character I need to stay alive for another turn or two. And then I get hit with the southern cross spell the moment magic breakdown wears off.

I don't get how I am supposed to anticipate when he uses that or flare star. I guess these things are tied to HP. Flare star seems to hit around 100k damage dealt and I guess southern cross is around 160k or so. I wish I could upgrade magic breakdown once more, but doesn't seem likely as I need about 5 more greater orbs.

Basically my strategy so far has been to just keep armor, and power break up. Healing wind (aerith aoe heal) through the AOE hits. My damage is mostly from soulbreaks, attacks, and non-frost spells. Around 100k damage dealt, I hit him with my first magic breakdown and start ramping up my damage. Each frost based attack hits for about 5k, of which I have about 10, so 50k damage. 30k damage have to come from jump/double cut, which I am guessing do about 3k each. So that is about 5-6 turns from 100k-180k damage - since I have to weave in break attacks and breakdown.

This seems like it would be so much easier if they already added the health bars.

Razmos

I'm tempted to spend all my stamina on the Tidus event, but hmmmm all that free mythril in the dailies.

also I just spent like, all my gil combining the FFX equipment, doing the crafting quests and doing the item upgrade daily. Most of my shit is maxed out now though, haha.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm surprised Tyro's crystal wasn't the first one made available. I know he's shit but he's supposed to be us!

You know, Tyro having a memory crystal makes absolutely zero sense from a lore perspective lol

unless that was the twist

"Tyro, it's time I come clean. You were never real."

"Nooooo Dr. Mog will I ever see you again!? T___T"

Razmos

You know, Tyro having a memory crystal makes absolutely zero sense from a lore perspective lol

unless that was the twist

"Tyro, it's time I come clean. You were never real."

"Nooooo Dr. Mog will I ever see you again!? T___T"
Tidus is even worse. He's a dream inside a painting of a memory of an alternate dimension

Reaching dissidia levels of plot fuckery right there.

Man, so much content to get through at the moment. Not enough stamina in the day.

Gonna finish off Classic X then fall back to get the daily's mastered again.

garath

I'm still working on Locke's elite dungeons lol. This game definitely throws the content at you!

I finally have a decent amount of mythril at 66. Wonder if this is finally my time to get my first non-crafted 5*?

I don't even use Tidus but it would be nice to have a FFX limit break.

Nohar

I'm still working on Locke's elite dungeons lol. This game definitely throws the content at you!

I finally have a decent amount of mythril at 66. Wonder if this is finally my time to get my first non-crafted 5*?

I don't even use Tidus but it would be nice to have a FFX limit break.

I would advise you to pass on Tidus' banner, which frankly seems to be one of the worst. Locke's is arguably better.

Road

Does anyone know if getting the Fire Strike from the Tidus event dungeon reward fulfills the respective quest?

Answering myself: It doesn't work. =\

All those useless abilities. It's not like DeNA even sells ability space. Why?!?!

Also, this hour I'm only getting stock soul breaks as roaming warrior options. haha

Falk

that puzzling face
It's not like DeNA even sells ability space. Why?!?!

But they do!

There's supposed to be an upcoming feature in JP w.r.t. extra abilities. I doubt it'd be a 1:1 break-apart since that would basically destroy any decision-making, but I'm hanging on to the high-tier dupes.

Shit like extra Cura, Strikes, 2* Black Magic, though, good riddance. Chaching.

(For Breaks I'm making a new one, then upgrading the old ones)

garath

My first 11 pull (after just using Mythril as I got it all along)..

three 4*
rest 3*

:(

Sigh. In all the mythril I've pulled, I haven't gotten a single 5*. Sadness.

What 2* items are worth keeping? I really have to clear some inventory space. Thinking I'll dump all the 2*

Falk

that puzzling face
What 2* items are worth keeping? I really have to clear some inventory space. Thinking I'll dump all the 2*

Strictly speaking?

All of them are.

For example, a Greatsword++, which is base 2*, gives 115 ATK in FFVI worlds. A Buster Sword gives 109. Granted, that's when events hand you 3 of a kind, and Greatsword is an outlier in that it's a little more OP than the average 2*, but the fact remains that if you roll a few of a single type of 2*, it becomes freakishly good with record synergy.

For a better answer though, if you have e.g. a lot of nice 4* armor for a specific world you're probably safe to trash the 2*s from it. FFRKI would give you a much better idea.

edit:
wait wait wait. we're getting less mythril now?

Huhwhat?

garath

Strictly speaking?

All of them are.

For example, a Greatsword++, which is base 2*, gives 115 ATK in FFVI worlds. A Buster Sword gives 109. Granted, that's when events hand you 3 of a kind, and Greatsword is an outlier in that it's a little more OP than the average 2*, but the fact remains that if you roll a few of a single type of 2*, it becomes freakishly good with record synergy.

For a better answer though, if you have e.g. a lot of nice 4* armor for a specific world you're probably safe to trash the 2*s from it. FFRKI would give you a much better idea.

edit:

Huhwhat?

Damn. Guess there's no choice but to upgrade the inventory size.

Falk

that puzzling face
that's what i mean, it seems like we were getting ten free days of mythril and now it has been shrunk down to five... i am probably misunderstanding things.

It was always supposed to be a 14-day event. For whatevs reason, the second page showed another 10 instead of another 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom