• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first 11 pull (after just using Mythril as I got it all along)..

three 4*
rest 3*

:(

Sigh. In all the mythril I've pulled, I haven't gotten a single 5*. Sadness.

What 2* items are worth keeping? I really have to clear some inventory space. Thinking I'll dump all the 2*

You should probably upgrade your inventory to 150. I've dumped my 1++ and almost all of my 2++ except for event only items, but I've pulled a more than reasonable amount of 4 and 5 star items. I have kept 4 ix daggers for good times coming up.

Noi

God damn. I love this new daily style where almost every single enemy will drop something, but its murder on my inventory slots.

Falk

that puzzling face
My inventory is 225 slots

But I've been playing since launch and I'm a packrat lol

(did the last batch of FFV elites with Cloud in a 1*++ Copper Cuirass and Sephiroth in a 1*++ Bronze Helm while people bemoaned drawing nothing but Genji gear)

I sell all 1* gear and 2*. 3* is coming up on the chopping block. I'll only keep what looks good and might be really worth keeping.

Each event comes with new gear, often usable for that very event. And I'll always keep getting more relic pulls. If I don't hang up on upgrade materials, except the highest rarities, and combine the stuff I want to keep, I think I can manage with 100 slots at least for a while longer. The annoying thing is having to sell every couple battles.

TheGatsby

Broke Tidus limit and now unlocking Wakka's crystal.

The problem is that lurkers have access to our information when it's public :p

I don't mind some of the lurkers already put in but it's probably a lot safer to just hide it in email tags anyway

I have an account, I just never post :p

Falk

that puzzling face
With tidus available as friend, does that mean you can easily use physical vit0 on phoenix cave easily?

Vanille, you mean.

And yes. VIT0 should work for a good month and a half if they don't tweak anything in terms of mob stats/resists/etc. (and they haven't really, so far, outside of an ill-advised 2x HP on all the elites when the game first launched)

Althane

Any point in keeping around FFXII gear? Will we have those events within the next 6 months or so?

Otherwise, I'm probably going to clean out my 2*'s, and then do my next 11-pull (the first one was like.. 1 4*, the rest were 3*. Depressing)

Falk

that puzzling face
When are we getting the new dungeons? I want mah FFIX :S

Can't be that long away considering the break limit page show all the characters corresponding to that dungeon update since the event today.

Any point in keeping around FFXII gear? Will we have those events within the next 6 months or so?

XII is a part of aforementioned "can't be that long away" update :V

Razmos

Otherwise, I'm probably going to clean out my 2*'s, and then do my next 11-pull (the first one was like.. 1 4*, the rest were 3*. Depressing)
XII is part of the next dungeon update, due quite soon.

The Balthier event is probably gonna be here by the end of the month or next month as well.

Razmos

I'm guessing Balthier's RS Weapon is a gun? Can he at least use spears? Like he did in my game. >_>
He can!

Looks like Balthier has great abilities too:
5 Combat
3 Support
4 Celerity
4 Thief

He can only use Daggers, Spears and Guns.

His soul break equipment is Ras Algethi (XII), a gun.
weapon_rasalgethi12_ffrk.png

And it unlocks the Soul Break Tides of Fate
His Record Materia is Sky Pirate's License, which gives Auto-Haste at the start of battle.

As you can tell i'm quite excited for Balthier and have been doing my research :p

Roto13

Gonna knock out all eight of these dailies before getting back to the event. Unlocked Tidus' memory crystal last night and Wakka's only in his 30's anyway, so no rush to get his.

Vorpal

Whoa, didn't even realize that Firaja was a mastery reward here. And it's not too tough to hone, thanks to all of those Greater Fire Orbs from Lenna's event. Huzzah!

Razmos

A moment of silence for Irvine
That's not even all of it, looking at the character rankings, Balthier has far superior stats in everything except Resistance, in which the two are tied.

Balthier is pretty awesome across the board actually.

Noi

Growth Egg'd Wakka to 50, broke limit and got his second materia two dungeons later.

Game is being super nice to make up for that awful 11 pull. Gave me a bunch of 4* upgrade mats so now all my 5*++ gear is max'd, as is the Genji Armor and the new X freebies.

Roto13

Whoa, didn't even realize that Firaja was a mastery reward here. And it's not too tough to hone, thanks to all of those Greater Fire Orbs from Lenna's event. Huzzah!

Hear that, cpp? Thanks to all those Greater Fire Orbs from Lenna's event.

Nohar

Gave eggs to Tidus to bring him to level 41. I should do the same to Wakka, but I really dislike him (and I have no good weapon to equip him with). Sadly, I'm pretty much forced to use both for the event... *sigh*

I wished I actually bought the Growth Eggs of Lenna's event.

How's the Elites in this event? Hopefully not ridiculously hard like the past 2. I wanna complete em.

Not too keen on lumping both armour and weapon materials together mind. I've upgraded all my armour so far. Needs lots of weapon materials :(

Negator

I remember when I had over 1.5 million gil. I now have 20,000. Fuck.

Maxed out the Fencing Edge and got Tidus' Record Materia 2. Going to try and tackle the Airship soon hopefully.

Falk

that puzzling face
The Elite itself is manageable.

It's the boss rush which is the top tier challenge now. It's a different kind of hard though, since instead of a boss that can OHKO your party, the difficulty is more of an endurance test and running out of abilities doing 5 bosses in a row (They drop an ether each)

Razmos

I need this gil daily asap god damnit! Is it still Wednesday?
Yep.

LOL wow
b76d31884029ba59ff67544e97eca55f.png

"Oh cool, the synergy on this mask is so good, look at how high that magic bonus is.
Oooh let's see how high the synergy bonus on the Crusader Cuirass is! I bet it's rea-"
b64199d9d484738badef5b4dad03d29b.png

Oh.

That is really quite utterly useless.

How's the Elites in this event? Hopefully not ridiculously hard like the past 2. I wanna complete em.

Not too keen on lumping both armour and weapon materials together mind. I've upgraded all my armour so far. Needs lots of weapon materials :(

The last elite level is at least as hard as Red Dragon. I tried it yesterday but had to exit out after beating the first boss, couldn't beat the second.

First boss arms have 18k HP each, and you do very little damage to them (Wakka with 350 ATK + Armor Break was doing 2200 / hit), and you have to kill both of them before magic will damage the boss. , and the arms don't have any elemental weaknesses.

I'm still not sure what the best strategy for the second boss is. It has 4 targets (head, 2 arms, body). If you don't kill the head then every so often it will do a massive single target damage + poison attack on one person. If you don't kill the arms then the body has really high DEF, but if you do kill them they regenerate after a few turns. Also boss has no elemental weaknesses.

I tried zerging the boss down and ignoring head and arms but I just couldn't do enough damage.

I think Healing Grimoire friend is the way to go for second boss, but the key is going to be making sure you have enough abilities when you actually get to him. I upgraded Cloud's Fira Strike (the Tier 2 spellstrike) to 6 uses last night, I think with Armor Break that should let Cloud do about 7000 / hit on the body of the first boss, so he could ignore the arms completely.

So I think if I zerg it down that way (since magic doesn't work) I can focus all my strongest magical and wakka attacks on the head of the second boss. Then maybe kill 1 arm but leave the other (I don't know if it will re-generate just 1 arm, or if killing just 1 arm reduces the body's defense, so this is just thinking out loud). Since Cloud did most of the work on the first boss, everyone shoudl still have a lot of ability uses for the second.

You will 100% want to bring Intimidate for the first boss, and you will *probably* want to bring Haste for Cloud if you use the Spellstrike method since he will be most of your damoage on the first boss. Plus Haste will help Wakka and Terra on the second boss because only ranged damage can reach the head. I recommend having Armor Break at 6 uses and Magic Break at at least 4 uses. Not sure what other stuff to fill in the last slots though.

Aside from that, I'm still looking for suggestions on the second boss.

Razmos

I'm still not sure what the best strategy for the second boss is. It has 4 targets (head, 2 arms, body). If you don't kill the head then every so often it will do a massive single target damage + poison attack on one person. If you don't kill the arms then the body has really high DEF, but if you do kill them they regenerate after a few turns. Also boss has no elemental weaknesses.
You don't have to kill the head though do you? you just have to watch out for a message to pop up saying that it has started moving or something, then hit it with a ranged attack or magic to interrupt it.

That's what I read anyway, and that's how it worked in FFX

thedan001

Just mastered airship elite using the VIT0 method with friend's Vanille Deprotega SB

amusing enough, I went out and made sure I had all the necessary abilities but ended up forgetting to equip any cura/curaga, the only cure I had was from Mystery Veil+ on Terra for the cure all party SB

exhilarating trying to VIT0 bosses down before anyone died, this is my lineup:

Zsoo5zGl.jpg

-Celes spellblade was for Orthos/Typhoon weakness target
-I didn't bother with any breaks just because I rely on sentinel's grimoire/magic shield from tyro/celes but curaga would've made the fight easy, 2 thunder spells on Terra was overkill
-I attack Orthos a bit to bring out Typhoon then protect>VIT0 both of them at once and retaliate away, the VIT0 should wear out barely before the 2nd one dies, just finish it off
-2nd VIT0 on last boss along with Terra thundja/thundara spam

You don't have to kill the head though do you? you just have to watch out for a message to pop up saying that it has started moving or something, then hit it with a ranged attack or magic to interrupt it.

That's what I read anyway, and that's how it worked in FFX

I believe The head also is what's doing Thundaga, so if you kill it you don't get thundagad anymore

Vorpal

Seems like the body also gets a significant damage boost once both arms are destroyed. My Locke just survived a Thundara only to be taken out by a hit for 2020 damage. Rough stuff.

Edit: Yeah, I'm thinking some combination of Shellga, Magic Shield, and Magic Break/down must be required for Sinspawn Gui elite. I keep S/Ling, but without having packed any of those abilities, I'm not sure I can really survive. If not spell damage mitigation, than at least a group with ~3 ranged attackers who can burn down the head as fast as possible, plus Protectga for the body's physical attacks.

Seems like the body also gets a significant damage boost once both arms are destroyed. My Locke just survived a Thundara only to be taken out by a hit for 2020 damage. Rough stuff.

Edit: Yeah, I'm thinking some combination of Shellga, Magic Shield, and Magic Break/down must be required for Sinspawn Gui elite. I keep S/Ling, but without having packed any of those abilities, I'm not sure I can really survive. If not spell damage mitigation, than at least a group with ~3 ranged attackers who can burn down the head as fast as possible, plus Protectga for the body's physical attacks.

I think I recall you have Status Reels. So what I'm thinking is to Haste Wakka and Terra, have Wakka open with Status Reels to the head, and then Thundaja the head. If I recall the head has about 25k HP, so a Status Reels followed by a Thundaja and it should need only 1 or 2 more attacks.

I couldn't be 100% sure if it was the head or the body using Thundaga. If it's the body then killing the head might not be worthwhile because it won't do anything to stop the Thundagas.

Once the head dies if you leave the arms alive it doesn't really do a whole lot of physical damage, so you could just fight through the high defense with Armor Break and magic spells.

Shahadan

This event is hilariously bad lmao

Rewards are cool and all, but it feels stretched as long as possible. Who needs 4-stages levels where you only fight the same monsters? They even recycled the plain from another FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom