• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorpal

I think I recall you have Status Reels. So what I'm thinking is to Haste Wakka and Terra, have Wakka open with Status Reels to the head, and then Thundaja the head. If I recall the head has about 25k HP, so a Status Reels followed by a Thundaja and it should need only 1 or 2 more attacks.

I couldn't be 100% sure if it was the head or the body using Thundaga. If it's the body then killing the head might not be worthwhile because it won't do anything to stop the Thundagas.

Once the head dies if you leave the arms alive it doesn't really do a whole lot of physical damage, so you could just fight through the high defense with Armor Break and magic spells.

The body only ever casts Graviga and uses physical attacks. With Protectga up, the physical attacks are mostly harmless, even if both arms have been destroyed.

It's definitely the head casting Thundara, because I just had an insanely lucky run where Thundara was only cast once and otherwise the head spent every turn "moving suspiciously." With Wakka spamming Armor Break, Double Cut, and Status Reels, the "moving suspiciously" turns bought me enough time to kill the head.

p4q0ilOl.png

Afterward, my abilities were bone dry except for some double cuts on Locke and Retaliate on Cloud (which was 100% useless for me because Cloud does less damage than Tidus or Wakka, and about the same damage as Locke.) I could post my setup, but I don't really think it should be used as a model. I lucked out big time.

I do still think that burning down the head as fast as possible is the way to go. You mentioned Status Reels + Thundaja and I bet that would be a good approach. With Boost, Wakka was hitting for about ~2500 I think. I brought Locke + Mirage Dive as my RW--his attack damages the head, but nothing gets slowed. Tidus' Spiral Cut only hits the body and arms, though.

And with that I've mastered everything in the Tidus event, so I guess I'm waiting until the Bonus Battle gets added. Valefor hype!

Pejo

I still have 24h to beat the red dragon, correct? Which friend Soul Break should I bring? Sentinelle Grimoire?

I'm doing the same thing as you, wanted to grind out a ton of upgrades to my VI gear today then I'll be trying Red Dragon tonight. I'm torn between Sentinel Grimoire and Status Reels and try to VIT0 him down. Honestly I don't feel like I can put out enough damage with VIT0 to kill him before I die, so I'm leaning towards Sentinel Grimoire too. Just saving both casts for the last half of the fight and trying to retaliate/double cut him down. I don't even care about mastery, I just want Phoenix.

For the previous boss did you ignore the arms? I'm thinking the thing to do is ignore the arms, do about 4k damage or so, then hit Status Reels. That should instantly trigger him to pop out and be automatically VIT0'ed, then I can just kill him with regular attacks and have full abilities for second boss.

Can't decide what to do about the 3rd character slot. Maybe Terra is still the best though since she can use ranged for the head. Maybe give her Firaja and Thundaja. Even at only 2 shots each, that should be enough to take down the head if I also have Wakka double cutting.. And I guess I can swap Haste for Protectga. Seems like once the head is dead, I can just Protectga and take my time with the arms.

Is anyone having troulbe getting the record materias? I see lots of reports of people getting them instantly on the first fight after breaking the level cap, but I've gone 30+ fights since then, and no drop for either character. Both of them have the RM1 equipped, so I'm not doing anything wrong, it's just not dropping.

Vorpal

For the previous boss did you ignore the arms? I'm thinking the thing to do is ignore the arms, do about 4k damage or so, then hit Status Reels. That should instantly trigger him to pop out and be automatically VIT0'ed, then I can just kill him with regular attacks and have full abilities for second boss.

Can't decide what to do about the 3rd character slot. Maybe Terra is still the best though since she can use ranged for the head. Maybe give her Firaja and Thundaja. Even at only 2 shots each, that should be enough to take down the head if I also have Wakka double cutting.. And I guess I can swap Haste for Protectga. Seems like once the head is dead, I can just Protectga and take my time with the arms.

For Geneaux, taking out the arms was my top priority because their physical attacks messed me up. I had everyone focus fire on one arm with Armor Break/Fira Strike/Double Cut, and then move over to the other. I used one of my 4 Bladeblitz charges here too, but I saved the rest for Sinspawn Gui.

Really, Mirage Dive was a lifesaver on Geneaux because the Slow affects everything.

If you bring Terra with Firaja and Thundaja to Gui, I don't think you'd need Haste anymore. Especially if you brought a RW that would help you mitigate Thundara until the head died. After that, there's really no rush.

Is anyone having troulbe getting the record materias?

Yeah I got Blitz-Eye about 4 or 5 battles after level breaking Wakka, but I've finished the event now and still haven't seen Tidus' second Record Materia.

Kanashimi

Been saving mythril for this event specifically and got the Heat Lance & Emerald Bracer. Gonna do another pull in a day or two in hopes of getting the Brotherhood sword.

RivalCore

I'm doing the same thing as you, wanted to grind out a ton of upgrades to my VI gear today then I'll be trying Red Dragon tonight. I'm torn between Sentinel Grimoire and Status Reels and try to VIT0 him down. Honestly I don't feel like I can put out enough damage with VIT0 to kill him before I die, so I'm leaning towards Sentinel Grimoire too. Just saving both casts for the last half of the fight and trying to retaliate/double cut him down. I don't even care about mastery, I just want Phoenix.

I did a Retaliate/Vit0 (I know, it's cheating) yesterday on him. Try to get a Vanille SB, since it's much easier to knock him down in 2 turns with physical damage than with magic.

Shahadan

Is anyone having troulbe getting the record materias? I see lots of reports of people getting them instantly on the first fight after breaking the level cap, but I've gone 30+ fights since then, and no drop for either character. Both of them have the RM1 equipped, so I'm not doing anything wrong, it's just not dropping.

This is weird. Where are you fighting stuff? I got mine in my third Elite FFX dungeon. I tried the easier ones (zanarkand and stuff) but I didn't get any materia there so I moved on to the hardest dungeons and I got it almost immediately.
Don't know if this is supposed to be only/easier to get in the more recent dungeons or not.

This is weird. Where are you fighting stuff? I got mine in my third Elite FFX dungeon. I tried the easier ones (zanarkand and stuff) but I didn't get any materia there so I moved on to the hardest dungeons and I got it almost immediately.
Don't know if this is supposed to be only/easier to get in the more recent dungeons or not.

I've just been going through the event. Cleared all of the Classic dungeons, and maybe 4 of the elite ones. Always have Tidus and Wakka in my party at all times.

Shahadan

I've just been going through the event. Cleared all of the Classic dungeons, and maybe 4 of the elite ones. Always have Tidus and Wakka in my party at all times.

Did I imagine it or are the materias only obtainable in elite stuff? I must have read that somewhere here so I assumed I wouldn't get them in Normal.

With vit0, you really just need double cuts left over. i just did this, it was over super fast, he really did nothing to me:

Cloud retaliate and drain strike best sword
Cyan double cut
Locke double cut
Tidus double cut, venom buster
Aeris, but could be any healer. Curaga and protect.

If you can get through the trash double cut retaliating and single attacking with aeris, then you can hopefully get to red dragon with 2 double cuts left per fighter. First round you use venom buster and skip until the tabs are full. Use retaliate then hit the dragon with protect them with cyan or Locke use the vanille friend deprotega, then skip until you can protect again. One full round after vit0 goes into effect and you have already scored 80k in damage, so, more so if your venom stuck and you hit him with the cloud limit break (mine hit for 3x9500). The dragon will get maybe one attack in his weakened state before your round two retaliation kicks in and he's toast. It can all be over with in about thirty seconds. When you get it right, it is disturbingly easy.

Oh, the key to this may be turning battle speed down to one and not missing a second due to timing. Also move everyone to the back for the entire dungeon, the only one attacking the enemy directly will be cloud.

Vorpal

Once the head dies if you leave the arms alive it doesn't really do a whole lot of physical damage, so you could just fight through the high defense with Armor Break and magic spells.

Actually, I just remembered that you used a bunch of growth eggs on Wakka after level-breaking him, so I bet your Wakka would be even more effective at taking out Gui's head. Mine was still level 50 because I wanted to see how much EXP I could squeeze out of the event.

Lol, didn't notice that Quest that rewards 5 mythril for doing a relic pull.

Basically a free pull? Yes please, thanks very much.

Got another Royal Crown too, which will boost one of my most used pieces of armour ^_^

Yogg

I tried reinstalling the game a few times today on my old Galaxy S2 (still working so far, no need to upgrade), and I still encounter the same issue I've been having since the last update: everything is rendered much bigger and my screen only displays like a third of the whole app. I can't see most of the buttons that are near an edge (so most of them) and the app is basically unplayable, although it was working flawlessly before the update.

So right now I can only play on Bluestacks when I get home, and I'm losing at least half my daily stamina that way. It's really frustrating :(

thedan001

For those that haven't done the daily today, myself included

How is the orb droprate in heroics? still stingy with 4*'s? I'd think so

What about the weapon/armor upgrade mats? feels weird having them mixed in 1 dungeon now

Deadly

I tried reinstalling the game a few times today on my old Galaxy S2 (still working so far, no need to upgrade), and I still encounter the same issue I've been having since the last update: everything is rendered much bigger and my screen only displays like a third of the whole app. I can't see most of the buttons that are near an edge (so most of them) and the app is basically unplayable, although it was working flawlessly before the update.

So right now I can only play on Bluestacks when I get home, and I'm losing at least half my daily stamina that way. It's really frustrating :(
Yeah same happened to me. Download the old app and install that instead. Remember to turn off auto-update too

What about the weapon/armor upgrade mats? feels weird having them mixed in 1 dungeon now

Still don't have a lot of samples recorded, but I have 3 records of Greater Orbs dropping out of just 24 total samples. It was at least an order of magnitude less than that with the previous daily dungeons.

3* orbs seem higher across the board too. 5 stamina / orb on average.

Vorpal

I can't speak to the orb heroic, but I came away with more gold chests than usual in the weapon/armor mats heroic. (Maybe 3 in one run? I can't remember.) If not 4*s, there definitely seems to be a lot more drops in general.

Yea, my Wakka is level 58 now. His ATK is over 350, which is pretty much the soft damage cap.

Damn, yeah, I bet that'll help. My Wakka was at 316 ATK.

Actually, I just remembered that you used a bunch of growth eggs on Wakka after level-breaking him, so I bet your Wakka would be even more effective at taking out Gui's head. Mine was still level 50 because I wanted to see how much EXP I could squeeze out of the event.

Yea, my Wakka is level 58 now. His ATK is over 350, which is pretty much the soft damage cap.

Still don't have a lot of samples recorded, but I have 3 records of Greater Orbs dropping out of just 24 total samples. It was at least an order of magnitude less than that with the previous daily dungeons.

Are there any different weapons or armors dropping?

Yogg

Yeah same happened to me. Download the old app and install that instead. Remember to turn off auto-update too

Kudos ! I just transfered the old image I had for Bluestacks to my phone and installed it after disabling the auto updates, and everything is back to normal. Thanks a lot for the pointer !

For anyone still needing help with Master Phoenix w/o Retaliate shenanigans. My strategy was quake/quake/quake/quake the first 4 waves and hold out for the best on the second battle using some double-cuts here and there. This results in 9/9 and 6/9 (2dmg, 1turns).

Phoenix wasn't that bad in the end but being able to slow him with Locke's SB is really helpful. I would have preferred a 5* VI for retaliate purposes but it proved unnecessary. I had a Sentinel RW but didn't have it active for the last phase change making slow that much more important. Improvements to make would be remove power break for something that would kill trash better like bladeblitz or something.

Good luck!

thedan001

Ah well, good to know that 3* orb drops are still great

Looks like 4* orbs will still be hard to come by until EX dailies come out that drop 5* orbs

Definitely seen an increase in gold chests for armour/weapon mats. Had 4 gold chests on 1 floor as an example.

Haven't tried Fire/Earth yet to see if those drops have improved, but they certainly seem better now going off the other.

I got a shield and some mythril armour from the updgrade daily today. One run on each difficulty.

I just checked Hard and yea I'm seeing Mythril Shield, Helm, and Armor dropping from Hard, Bronze stuff dropping from Normal, and Leather from Easy. Don't see any equipment drops on Heroic though.

thedan001

Definitely seen an increase in gold chests for armour/weapon mats. Had 4 gold chests on 1 floor as an example.

Haven't tried Fire/Earth yet to see if those drops have improved, but they certainly seem better now going off the other.

I just checked Hard and yea I'm seeing Mythril Shield, Helm, and Armor dropping from Hard, Bronze stuff dropping from Normal, and Leather from Easy. Don't see any equipment drops on Heroic though.

Mythril gear (shield, helm, armor) usually drop from Hard, nothing but mats in heroics in previous daily

I usually got 3-5 mats per heroic run so looks the same to me

Ha, I can create Firaja... no need to work my ass off on the Tidus Elite event. Additionally I can hone Firaga (which is a Quest BTW), niiiice.

Are they realy giving out a fake 5* Sword (3 3* Swords) ?!? Crazy!

Roto13

Ha, I can create Firaja... no need to work my ass off on the Tidus Elite event. Additionally I can hone Firaga (which is a Quest BTW), niiiice.

Are they realy giving out a fake 5* Sword (3 3* Swords) ?!? Crazy!

I'm afraid to create or hone anything that's not on the quest list.

I'm afraid to create or hone anything that's not on the quest list.

No kidding. Magic breakdown? That seems like a likely quest down the road. Luckily thanks to the friends a number of those skills are replicated or enhanced albeit on a limited basis.

On another note, I'll be curious to see if the Friday daily X dungeon can drop record materia.

No kidding. Magic breakdown? That seems like a likely quest down the road. Luckily thanks to the friends a number of those skills are replicated or enhanced albeit on a limited basis.

On another note, I'll be curious to see if the Friday daily X dungeon can drop record materia.

I still have yet to get Wakka or Tidus's second RM and I've cleared over 70% of the event content. I know it shouldn't bother me particularly since they aren't all that great, but at the same time... I want shinies :(

Shahadan

Okay so between the 8 dailies, the event and the few elite dungeons I have left, I feel like even 500 stamina wouldn't ever be enough

And yay new dailies tomorrow...D;

Pejo

With vit0, you really just need double cuts left over. i just did this, it was over super fast, he really did nothing to me:

Cloud retaliate and drain strike best sword
Cyan double cut
Locke double cut
Tidus double cut, venom buster
Aeris, but could be any healer. Curaga and protect.

If you can get through the trash double cut retaliating and single attacking with aeris, then you can hopefully get to red dragon with 2 double cuts left per fighter. First round you use venom buster and skip until the tabs are full. Use retaliate then hit the dragon with protect them with cyan or Locke use the vanille friend deprotega, then skip until you can protect again. One full round after vit0 goes into effect and you have already scored 80k in damage, so, more so if your venom stuck and you hit him with the cloud limit break (mine hit for 3x9500). The dragon will get maybe one attack in his weakened state before your round two retaliation kicks in and he's toast. It can all be over with in about thirty seconds. When you get it right, it is disturbingly easy.

Oh, the key to this may be turning battle speed down to one and not missing a second due to timing. Also move everyone to the back for the entire dungeon, the only one attacking the enemy directly will be cloud.

Wow, thanks for the write-up. I was planning on using a mythril and dying at the boss with limit breaks as full as possible, so I should be able to do this strat without any more grinding. Now I just need to make more Vanille friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom