• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorpal

The frustrating thing about crafting/honing quests is that it seems like you can only unlock later quests by completing earlier ones. Is that right?

So if I wanted to wait on a "create Blizzaja" quest, I'd have to clear out the Blizzard, Blizzara quests first? Lame.

A bit weird seeing Tidus turn into an egg, but hey, free egg.

Hahaha I thought the same thing. "You've recruited the star Blitzball player Tidus... the Egg! Look just take this Greater Growth Egg and get outta here."

Roto13

Suddenly this game has completely turned to shit. Failing to load the title screen. Randomly freezing once I'm in on my phone. Not freezing on my tablet but running like crap. What the hell.

Vorpal

Suddenly this game has completely turned to shit. Failing to load the title screen. Randomly freezing once I'm in on my phone. Not freezing on my tablet but running like crap. What the hell.

For some reason my game started running terribly last night for a few hours. I got an, "Unfortunately FFRK has stopped working" error in the middle of battle and serious lag in game. Sticking on menu selections, long load times, etc. Really weird, considering that the game runs fine for me 90% of the time. It's been fine today.

Razmos

"Firaja, the most powerful of the fire spells, is available as a completion reward! Just in time too, because the Chocobo Eater and Sinspawn Geneaux are both weak to fire attacks! Take advantage of their weakness and win the day!"

All you have to do is beat both of those bosses to get Firaja! So helpful!

"Firaja, the most powerful of the fire spells, is available as a completion reward! Just in time too, because the Chocobo Eater and Sinspawn Geneaux are both weak to fire attacks! Take advantage of their weakness and win the day!"

All you have to do is beat both of those bosses to get Firaja! So helpful!

It'll be useful in the boss rush

thedan001

Finally caught up with Locke's event and mastered everything in there

Hooray Phoenix, should be good for the boss rush too but I don't think I'll use it

Retaliate all the way!

For some reason my game started running terribly last night for a few hours. I got an, "Unfortunately FFRK has stopped working" error in the middle of battle and serious lag in game. Sticking on menu selections, long load times, etc. Really weird, considering that the game runs fine for me 90% of the time. It's been fine today.

I think some of it has to do with server problems. The game sends everything in JSON, which is not exactly the most wire-efficient format, either in terms of size or speed. I think with the new update their JSON responses got much more complicated, and as a result they're having server issues where it takes a long time for the server to send you the responses, as well as some issues on the client where it just takes the client longer to process these larger, more complicated messages from the server.

It doesn't help that after this "huge update" everyone is going to be playing all at once, so part of it is probably usage spikes, similar to what happens in other online games after a major patch.

Just my guess though.

Razmos

Yooo guys
smhHBT8.jpg

Source

forgrim

hey guys, i started playing on the first day this came out but the shitty app quality of lag and menu lag made me stop but i picked it up again a couple days ago (avg. level 30ish, tidus/wakka/rydia/kain/cloud) and have a quick couple questions.

is there a way to get better performance out of the app? sometimes it just lags to shit, and i basically have to restart my phone. i uninstalled webview and it definetly helped.

also, i saved enough mythril for a ten pull but i've been reading that this banner isn't that great. i pulled a couple singles on locke's event and got two golden spears so i'm hesitant on rolling a third. is it recommended to wait?

my god tho, game's pretty addicting, shoulda stuck to it at launch but the applag was killing me.

Vorpal

I think some of it has to do with server problems. The game sends everything in JSON, which is not exactly the most wire-efficient format, either in terms of size or speed. I think with the new update their JSON responses got much more complicated, and as a result they're having server issues where it takes a long time for the server to send you the responses, as well as some issues on the client where it just takes the client longer to process these larger, more complicated messages from the server.

It doesn't help that after this "huge update" everyone is going to be playing all at once, so part of it is probably usage spikes, similar to what happens in other online games after a major patch.

Just my guess though.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I noticed that the lag became especially bad whenever my phone would ping Location Services--something that's always caused minor lag for me--so a problem with data/server loads would seem reasonable. I have practically zero working knowledge of this stuff though.

And now I learn that Vanille's special SB lasts way longer than Wakka's for VIT0, right after I just scraped by on the Phoenix Cave. XD

Oh well, at least I beat it. I'll use Vanille for next time.

How do you pull off this vito trick?

There's a couple ways...

For physical attacks, cast Protect on the Enemy you want to affect, then use Status Reels/Deprotega on the enemy (Deprotega lasts longer), then cast Protect on it again. After that, the enemy will have almost no defense stats at all, and all physical attacks will do insane damage. (Generally 9999 from any warrior type characters.) This will last the duration of the Status Reels/Deprotega ability.

You can also do it for magic attacks by using Shell > Mental Breakdown > Shell on the enemy. It wipes out the resistance stat so all magic will be extremely effective. (I'm not sure if Deshellga works here.)

Qjky is my friend if anyone wants to add me. Also I'm on mobile sonic anyone wants to put me on the spreadsheet that would be awesome.

Lets be friendssss

Ughhhhh even after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, it still crashes after every battle after getting rewards.

Anyone else getting this and/or know how to fix it?

ONCE YOU GO VITO YOU CAN'T GO BACK

Only 2x tries to beat Ultros, first time I mistimed getting Cloud's retaliate back up so 3x double cuts hit him and deprotectega ended

Guess I'll skip and take on the fire dragon later, maybe you a mythril for stam refresh to do the other elites.

VITO is cheap, but with how difficult some of this content is without paying $$$ or crazy luck fuck it

Road

New event (from the image) looks like a bunch of stuff there's never any shortage of. But it's "free stamina", so I'll take it.

ONCE YOU GO VITO YOU CAN'T GO BACK

Only 2x tries to beat Ultros, first time I mistimed getting Cloud's retaliate back up so 3x double cuts hit him and deprotectega ended

Guess I'll skip and take on the fire dragon later, maybe you a mythril for stam refresh to do the other elites.

VITO is cheap, but with how difficult some of this content is without paying $$$ or crazy luck fuck it

And VIT0 only solves one part of the problem.

Phoenix Cave, for instance, each battle is four rounds of possibly 3 level 99 enemies each, with over 500 defense. It's a hurdle just to get to Red Dragon unscathed.

No wonder the Japanese meta revolves around magic. Enemies almost always have a lot more def than res (over 300 res for Phoenix Cave) and physical abilities have putrid multipliers (1.5~3) compared to stronger magic (4.9~10).

And VIT0 only solves one part of the problem.

Phoenix Cave, for instance, each battle is four rounds of possibly 3 level 99 enemies each, with over 500 defense. It's a hurdle just to get to Red Dragon unscathed.

No wonder the Japanese meta revolves around magic. Enemies almost always have a lot more def than res (over 300 res for Phoenix Cave) and physical abilities have putrid multipliers (1.5~3) compared to stronger magic (4.9~10).

Hmm, sounds like all in yolo spam skills and use mythril to refresh will be needed to succeed guess I can deal with that. Free phoenix is worth it

Man Fira Strike makes Sinspawn Geneaux really easy. ignore the tentacles, bring a Bard for Valor Minuet II, Armor Break the body. As soon as he comes of the ground Fira Strike does 9999, don't even need to VIT0

Road

Man Fira Strike makes Sinspawn Geneaux really easy. ignore the tentacles, bring a Bard for Valor Minuet II, Armor Break the body. As soon as he comes of the ground Fira Strike does 9999, don't even need to VIT0

That's VIT0

Hmm, sounds like all in yolo spam skills and use mythril to refresh will be needed to succeed guess I can deal with that. Free phoenix is worth it

Well, since you will use VIT0 on the boss, you can worry less about wasting skills on the mobs, but talking about a no-exploit run, it is hard to do without a mythril.

No regrets.

That's VIT0

Well, since you will use VIT0 on the boss, you can worry less about wasting skills on the mobs, but talking about a no-exploit run, it is hard to do without a mythril.

No regrets.

Its not though, other attacks do normal damage. That particular boss has been fixed so that deprotecting him before he comes out doesn't vit0 anymore. Although even if I'm wrong about that, what i did definitely wasn't vit0 because Wakka and Tidus were only doing about 4000 each. It's just that Fira has a big multiplier combined with weakness and Clouds huge ATK

Falk

that puzzling face
Vit0?

I'm ready for Vit0

vAqyWyy.jpg

(Don't get too used to it though since it drops off a cliff in usefulness about a month and a half from now)

Its not though

If you want to get really technical, Vit0 refers to any debuff that applies a penalty to stats. In FFRK terms, breaks, Deprotega, Status Reels, etc. all are Vit0 abilities. The Vit0 exploit on the other hand exploits the way some abilities interact, dropping down DEF to 2 (hard minimum instead of 0, probably to avoid divide-by-zero type issues)

In the case of bosses whose stats change, the amount reduced by debuffs (Vit0, strictly speaking) don't change. This is also why you can hit Rubicante for 9999 after he uncloaks if you Vit0 him while he's cloaked. I'm guessing in the case of this event, the change in stats from before/after coming out of the ground is not drastic enough for the Vit0 to reduce his defense to 0 (or rather, 2).

It's still technically Vit0 though :V. As is the act of simply hitting any mob with any of the Breaks, even if their stat doesn't drop to 2.

Vit0?

I'm ready for Vit0

vAqyWyy.jpg

(Don't get too used to it though since it drops off a cliff in usefulness about a month and a half from now)

What causes it to become less useful? Did they patch it out or do enemy stats get changed in a way that the exploit doesn't work

Falk

that puzzling face
Pretty sure they don't actually need protect/shell etc.

see: Rubicante cloak stats difference :V

(And I'm assuming this hypothetical Rubicante-alike would have resistance to break while in his hypothetical Cloak-alike)

Shadow780

I literally cannot play the game right now, any equipment/ability change will bump me out of the main game and will have to sign in again.

What the fuck Square, I joined the Dark Side at least make your game work!

Noi

Mastered Floating Continent, Escape and Phoenix Cave without spending mythril. God bless Friend Summons, Battle Speed and Optimize. Dont give a shit about the Airship rewards, so I'm happy with my Locke event progress.

I'm just gonna take it easy with Tidus' event and clean up my remaining portrait elites instead. Currently breezing through FF5's elites thanks to all the V relics I've picked up.

Pretty sure they don't actually need protect/shell etc.

see: Rubicante cloak stats difference :V

(And I'm assuming this hypothetical Rubicante-alike would have resistance to break while in his hypothetical Cloak-alike)

Have you had any luck using this method against event bosses?

When I tried it against Rinoa's T-Rex I got maybe two 9,999 hits in before it wore off. Curious if that was normal.

Falk

that puzzling face
Have you had any luck using this method against event bosses?

When I tried it against Rinoa's T-Rex I got maybe two 9,999 hits in before it wore off. Curious if that was normal.

Deprotega lasts almost 3 times as long as Status Reels.

After the Friend Summon patch, out of curiosity I blew a mythril for a stamina refresh to do Ultima Weapon again.

He died in 3 turns (1 Deprotega) which more importantly means the condition lasts at LEAST 2 turns.

forgrim

I hate to ask again but is this banner worth rolling ? Have about 50 mythril and am pretty new so don't want to waste so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom