• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that I'm burning a shit ton of Mythril for stam refreshes these few days, and then paying for one 11 pull on a banner when I want to pull.

Other than the stamina shard glitch, it's an awesome patch. DeNA deserves it.

Yea, I've been spending a bunch on stamina refreshes myself. Probably will spend even more today now that its' Power Orb day. I could use a few hones of... everything

So I Vit0'd the Sinspawn Gui boss on elite on the final Tidus event. Damn. This is seriously so broken that I can't NOT use it as long as it lasts. This is crazy how hilariously overpowered it is hahaha!

thedan001

So I Vit0'd the Sinspawn Gui boss on elite on the final Tidus event. Damn. This is seriously so broken that I can't NOT use it as long as it lasts. This is crazy how hilariously overpowered it is hahaha!

welcome to the vit0 club, while it could be considered cheating/exploit, there isn't any pvp/arena battles so I don't mind

being too dependent on vit0 would hurt when it gets patched in NA

Hige

Just spent like 15 stamina rerolling for Vanille that way I can S/L through trash mobs that way I can S/L the Red Dragon fight. It'd be great to actually play the game one of these days.

being too dependent on vit0 would hurt when it gets patched in NA
When my best weapon for Cloud is a 4* Diamond Sword (XII) and he can't kill mobs in few enough hits like the people on reddit that write guides using teams stacked with 5* equipment, I'm grateful that VIT0 exists. At least if I had a Danjuro or something I could probably make the regular boost + retaliate strategy work, but I was doing like 80% of the damage one of the reddit guides claimed to be doing. -_- I never finished the Vanille event on heroic in time.

Razmos

Someone found sprites for Faris, Shadow, Lulu and the Advent Children version of Cloud in the database:
COHgfGe.jpg

Getting alternate versions of characters gives me hope for X-2 Yuna and adult Rydia

Lulu, come to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

Getting alternate versions of characters gives me hope for X-2 Yuna and adult Rydia
Adult Rydia already has a RK sprite, they just haven't added her in yet. I think AC Cloud is kinda indulgent. (It is cool to see another character from a spin-off, but they need to branch out beyond FFVII.) And a second Cloud when we're still waiting for Cait Sith, Yuffie and Vincent is pretty lame.

Razmos

Lulu, come to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

Adult Rydia already has a RK sprite, they just haven't added her in yet. I think AC Cloud is kinda indulgent. (It is cool to see another character from a spin-off, but they need to branch out beyond FFVII.) And a second Cloud when we're still waiting for Cait Sith, Yuffie and Vincent is pretty lame.
Yeah, it's cool to see some sequel/spin-off stuff because it means After Years, all the FFVII stuff, X-2, Revenant Wings and all the XIII sequels are all fair game as far as characters and stuff go.

It just sucks that they are starting to do it with another version of Cloud rather than using someone interesting.

Also the event just gave me the 2 Greater Dark Orb's I needed to craft Quake:
7297a5dd253f416acce74f0b1422cf7b.png

Yay, Rinoa can go wreck shit now.

Chance to, I believe.

Well that sucks. I wonder how much more chance in single digits it gives...

Did everyone get Blitz eye practically straight away? I got it after first couple of fights.

Also this game really needs a compare tool for RS in dungeons. A little bracket with the figure in beside the original number so you can easily see the increase. It's tedious going in to a dungeon and then having to quit out to compare.

Woo he got a full gauge just then. How much that was down to the Materia or just the randomness of the bar anyways, we'll never know. I changed it to his "Never miss an attack" Materia. Wonder if that's chance to as well :/

Yeah, it's cool to see some sequel/spin-off stuff because it means After Years, all the FFVII stuff, X-2, Revenant Wings and all the XIII sequels are all fair game as far as characters and stuff go.

It just sucks that they are starting to do it with another version of Cloud rather than using someone interesting.

Also the event just gave me the 2 Greater Dark Orb's I needed to craft Quake:
7297a5dd253f416acce74f0b1422cf7b.png

Yay, Rinoa can go wreck shit now.

2 uses of Quake are garbage. 4 is where you can start some planning... I have 2 as well :(

Razmos

It's kinda inevitable that there's gonna be 6* or something equivalent too. And BDL.
Yeah, I was thinking a couple of days ago that with the way that the difficulty is escalating, it's only a matter of time until 5* items become trash and we'll start getting natural 6* equipment from draws and stuff.

BDL? what's that?

Yeah, I was thinking a couple of days ago that with the way that the difficulty is escalating, it's only a matter of time until 5* items become trash and we'll start getting natural 6* equipment from draws and stuff.

BDL? what's that?

Break Damage Limit?

At least have an item with a SB that BDL for the character for 30 seconds. That would be awesome on my Terra.

Falk

that puzzling face
If Break Damage Limit is implemented in any way, you can bet your ass from a balance perspective that it's going to be via something a little more common than specific soul breaks or specific pieces of gear.

I mean, some characters having different level caps than others (Cloud, looking at you) is already rather absurd. Having a 10x difference in the damage ceiling from attacks is much worse, and not something that should be left to RNG gacha.

Wouldn't be surprised if the 3rd break that brings lv cap up to 90 or 95 or 100 or whatever also breaks HP and damage cap to 99999

edit: Actually, maybe not HP since there's no way to actually modify/boost that other than character level so cap vs no cap is kinda moot lol

Drac

Up to where are you guys on the quests? 75 done, still around 10 for dungeon and nothing but crafting/honing. Is there a full list somewhere? My google fu has failed me :( Also yes I wish I could craft flare, holy and flare strike...

Up to where are you guys on the quests? 75 done, still around 10 for dungeon and nothing but crafting/honing. Is there a full list somewhere? My google fu has failed me :( Also yes I wish I could craft flare, holy and flare strike...

39/111

I noticed the max number of available quest has gone up for me from 109 to 111 so I guess they are dynamically expanded :(

The more you complete the more are unlocked and the bigger the available amount gets IMO.

I really hope there is no 1:1 mapping between every available ability and some quest :( and then some honing :[

Falk

that puzzling face
For the dungeon completion quests, I did all the normals, just in case IX and XII quests unlock with the dungeons (would be daft to do them then realize you have to do them again for quests)

Working my way through the 2* and 3* physical/black magic crafts/hones now. In most cases, I'm making a new one, selling it, then honing my current one just so I'm getting more use out of it.

I'm keeping stuff like my duplicate Shiva, though, just because Summon orbs aren't infinite.

(yeh I know you can farm them off Tidus event)

I'm not sure I want to do some of the quests like create blizzard and what not. Not least until I have an over abundance of orbs to create them. Swapping decent orbs for some other orbs isn't an amazing reward.

39/111

I noticed the max number of available quest has gone up for me from 109 to 111 so I guess they are dynamically expanded :(

The more you complete the more are unlocked and the bigger the available amount gets IMO.

I really hope there is no 1:1 mapping between every available ability and some quest :( and then some honing :[

The relic pulls are the two new quests that took it from 109 to 111.

39/111

They added 2 quests with the tidus event. It was the common / rare relic pull ones.

Edit: beaten

Razmos

After playing this game exclusively on bluestacks since I started playing, I finally downloaded the game and synced up my account on a legit android device (my mothers tablet)

I almost cried at how fast and responsive it is.

Red Mage

Looks like they're investigating the Shards now.

BTW, I wish we had more than 25 characters for our message. I wanted to have mine saying "Here I come, to save the day!" xD

Razmos

My roaming warrior was summoned 22 times and I got 4400 gil for it. Not bad I suppose.
I imagine that will go down though once the Locke event is gone.

Also I got a 3 star from the common relic draw today, woo. a FFXII staff.

Deadly

Would it be possible to add a column in the Google Doc where we indicate our name in the game? Kinda difficult to know who's who that has followed you already.

Shahadan

Yay friend summon money!

Been summoned 33 times apparently. 6600 gils or something.
Maybe I should switch for Tidus now that I have his weapon

My aerith was summoned 21 times. Not bad. A bit surprising due to the priority on attacking and debuffing. Bet the vanille rws are doing well for themselves. I used rinoa quite a bit and a smattering of cyan, sephiroth, and terra, the multi attack summons. I haven't used a healing one yet.

Teiran

68 times for 13.6k, apparently. Seems like the product of a perfect storm (event character + unique SB weapon), so I doubt I'll ever do any better.

Vorpal

Woo he got a full gauge just then. How much that was down to the Materia or just the randomness of the bar anyways, we'll never know. I changed it to his "Never miss an attack" Materia. Wonder if that's chance to as well :/

Blitz-Eye actually changes your default attack to Aim, so I don't think there's any "chance to" component there. My Tidus has been using Aim for every round of attacks/auto-attacks since he's equipped that RM.

Nohar

Got a Flame Helm from the free relic pull. I now have a 2*++ Flame Helm. I guess I'm happy. I'm currently farming the Power/Black orbs dungeon, and just honed Comet to level 3. Also crafted Ifrit, Ramuh and Shiva (for the quests). It feels good. We could use a new Summoner though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom