• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Not sure where the GoogleDoc is, so I'll just leave my Sentinel's Grimoire here: euRE
Here it is (Quote to reveal)

Also holy crap guys, the 2 gil and 2 weapon/armour upgrade dailies are 2 seperate dungeons. Even more Mythril!
14c21a3be990e0138e5f88b3d84bcc4c.png

Red Mage

Hurray, got my first character to level 50 (Rinoa).

Also I'm confused about the Flame Staff (XII). It gives light fire damage... but it's a staff, for healers. Why would a healer ever be using fire?
Unless you had a hybrid mage with a fire spell and a healing spell, maybe.

Lenna and Aerith can use black magic. Also, Aerith can use summons. So Curaga + Ifrit?

Vorpal

This Power/Black Orb daily is making it really easy to procrastinate on grading finals. Stop it FFRK

My Summoner brought home 1000g this morning and I was proud as hell....I put that girl back on the street right away though.

She helped me out for a grip when I was running some quests. A+++ would friend summon again

I think my Rinoa helped out 4 times? Better than nothing lol probably will be more helpful on bosses weak to thunder attacks.

I greatly enjoyed asking your Rinoa to outright obliterate low-level bosses.

Wazzy

Banned
I think my Rinoa helped out 4 times? Better than nothing lol probably will be more helpful on bosses weak to thunder attacks.

Balphon

Lenna and Aerith can use black magic. Also, Aerith can use summons. So Curaga + Ifrit?

Aerith can't equip Ifrit. In fact, I don't think any of the currently available characters can equip both Ifrit and Curaga.

Where's Dagger when you need her?

Fairly sure I summoned you to blow something up once.

No need to thank me for the sudden influx of cash.

Razmos

Rinoa's second Soul Break is really good. I imagine it's amazing on bosses that only have one section.
Do you mean second as in her Angel Wing Bolt, or Angel Wing Quake?

If it's the former, then yes, yes it is.
Did 22.5k damage in one turn against the mechanical spider boss in the VIII dungeon. (and that was without status reels or Deshell or anything like that)

Pejo

I did much better than expected. Ended up with around 30k I think for my Locke with Rising Sun. It's crazy that I've been playing this game more than any other game on PS4/PC/3DS/Vita lately.

Yogg

I just beat Command Center Interior 2 and it was a war of attrition. Those bosses have so much defense ! I tried a non retaliate setup (for a change) and my melee hits where hitting between 600 and 900 each.

I'm really not confident moving forwards. I'm thinking about going back to a retaliate setup and getting a few levels on Tidus and Wakka before going back to the event. If those 2 bosses are the same ones we have in the boss rush (with 3 more !), I don't see how I could beat it.

So wait, using a mythril starts the fight over? Ugh. I was hoping it would let continue the fight. Guess I'm not beating Red Dragon despite having multiple level 50 characters and tons of 5* FF6 gear.

Ashodin

I got 16k gil from followers. Shit was crazy mang

So wait, using a mythril starts the fight over? Ugh. I was hoping it would let continue the fight. Guess I'm not beating Red Dragon despite having multiple level 50 characters and tons of 5* FF6 gear.

VIT 0000000000000000

Roto13

Command Center - Entrance Elite is quite a difficulty jump. I was autobattling my way through everything up to this point, but I actually had to use skills this time. My level 41 Black Mage in the back row did not have a good time.

Jarekx

Wooo. I just beat Phoenix Cave elite and got Mastery. Used VIT0 and didn't even have to use the second protega from the RW.

Now to farm as many black/power orbs as I can. I need lesser power still, but 3* blacks. I guess Hard daily is probably the way to go for that.

Not gonna get Mastery, but I should be able to beat the dragon with VITO, just got to the final level gonna use a mythril to heal up and go for the gold

DID IT WOO! PHOENIX GET!

What's sad is if I had brought Locke I probably could have gotten the Mastery :| Oh well

What is this?

Stat exploit that lets you uber cheese things

You either go protect -> deprotectega/stats reel -> protect

or

shell - > stats reel -> shell

This breaks how the game calculates defense/resistant and drops the stat to it's minimum value of 2, letting you do either physical or magical damage at 9999

Best strat is to go for the physical route the stack retaliate and double cuts to laugh as even the mightiest bosses fall

So what, you cast protect/shell on the boss then use deprotectga/deshellga on the boss and it messes up his stats?

I don't have Status Reels :(

Wonder what I have that can do this and if I have enough time to run the cave again.

Ashodin

So what, you cast protect/shell on the boss then use deprotectga/deshellga on the boss and it messes up his stats?

essentially yes, you need to cast protect again after you do it. It makes physical attacks 9999. Wouldn't be a FF game without some cheese tactics

And you don't need Status Reels or Deprotega, just friends who have them for Friend summon

Razmos

Used up all my gil but I honed Curaga to 8 uses, ditching Cura to make room on my healer for Haste or Protectga.

Also created and honed Fira Strike to help me with the Tidus event.
(and I created Fira Strike forgetting there was a quest to do so >_>)

Vorpal

While farming Power orbs, I brought these knuckleheads the rest of the way to 50 for ~ultra efficiency~

All you guys suck, my level 59 Wakka with Official Ball+ only got summoned like 25 times :(

The Wakka market's oversaturated! He's old news, see! Kids these days want that Vanilla lady, see!

This isn't the Bloodstained thread!

Clearly you should have put that extra money straight into the gacha.

chrono01

So I'm a bit late with the update, I've been busy/out of the city the last couple of days. I've added my ID code to the Google Doc as well as everyone who posted their ID. I'm currently running a Wakka w/ Official Ball in case anyone needs a few more of him.

As for the actual content, so much stuff to work through. I think I'll be busy for a while!

Saerk

Ok I'm swapping my RW for Vanille. She seems to be in high demand. Gimme that gil.

What's your friend code. I'll summon you. I'm sure that she'll be useful for bosses. Meanwhile, my Cyan got me 10k. Does some good damage for FFVI event since I have his katana, and I pimped him out in FFVI gear.

Managed to muster up enough mythril for two x11 pulls on Titus. Nope, no 5 star items. Defender (FF1) and a Sledgehammer (FFXII) were the highlights. Was really hoping for some sort of FFX weapon.

essentially yes, you need to cast protect again after you do it. It makes physical attacks 9999. Wouldn't be a FF game without some cheese tactics

And you don't need Status Reels or Deprotega, just friends who have them for Friend summon

Okay. I've got a wandering Wakka with status reels, Celes with protect and shell and Vanille in my party. Here goes nothing.

Razmos

My Black Mage is like, level 13 or something stupid. What's the best way to level him up?
I could just use Growth eggs, but I don't really wanna waste all of them on one character.

Roto13

I wonder if the number of summons mean the number of times they're actually summoned into battle or the number of times they've been chosen as a friend summon.

Because I am an RPG player, meaning I always save things until I desperately need them, but I never need them, so I finish every game with 50 megalixirs and 2 friend summon charges.

My Black Mage is like, level 13 or something stupid. What's the best way to level him up?
I could just use Growth eggs, but I don't really wanna waste all of them on one character.

Core classes get synergy in core dungeons now. (They're only available as certain dailies, though.)

Vorpal

I wonder if the number of summons mean the number of times they're actually summoned into battle or the number of times they've been chosen as a friend summon.

I was told that the latter is what counts. I haven't verified it myself but, as a fellow RPG hoarder, I'm now obsessively making sure to hit "Deselect" if I don't plan to use a RW.

Razmos

Core classes get synergy in core dungeons now. (They're only available as certain dailies, though.)
hmm yeah, but the only core dungeons are the monday dailies, and those aren't very good exp (and probably too hard for Black Mage to tag along to)

I guess i'm not really in any rush to cap Black Mage anyway, considering that Rinoa (my mage) won't be able to use Record Materia for a good while anyway.

thedan001

Go in exp daily next sunday with a powerleveler, probably hard mode until lv30's then go heroic with 2 other characters, its still more exp if you can manage heroics

should be lv45+ by the end of the day easy

Razmos

Go in exp daily next sunday with a powerleveler, probably hard mode until lv30's then go heroic with 2 other characters, its still more exp if you can manage heroics

should be lv45+ by the end of the day easy
Isn't that the dungeon with the fast enemies that do 1500+ damage a hit and inflict statuses? and what constitutes a power leveler? This strategy might have worked in the exp daily before with quake or something, but I don't think it works now.

What's your friend code. I'll summon you. I'm sure that she'll be useful for bosses. Meanwhile, my Cyan got me 10k. Does some good damage for FFVI event since I have his katana, and I pimped him out in FFVI gear.

Managed to muster up enough mythril for two x11 pulls on Titus. Nope, no 5 star items. Defender (FF1) and a Sledgehammer (FFXII) were the highlights. Was really hoping for some sort of FFX weapon.

9qXv, Binding Rod and all ;)

johnsmith

remember me
Been hoarding mythril for a while, up to 150. Decided to do a 11x pull, and of course not a single 5* RNG hates me so bad. I still only have a single legit 5*.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm loving all of the mythril today. I'll have enough for three 11 pulls if Squall event is the next one and if he isn't probably more by then.

I wasted so many Mythrils trying to get the weapon for Locke and of course I did not... I should have went for 300 inventory! I guess that I would not be saying that if I got it. It's easy to regret it once you end up with not much.

Vorpal

hmm yeah, but the only core dungeons are the monday dailies, and those aren't very good exp (and probably too hard for Black Mage to tag along to)

Yeah, I'm not sure what the best method for leveling core classes will be. Have you gotten much into the quests yet? It's like an endless source of growth eggs. I've been spreading them out to bump core classes up to 40. I'm hoping that'll get them through the Hard version of Monday's daily.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the best method for leveling core classes will be. Have you gotten much into the quests yet? It's like an endless source of growth eggs. I've been spreading them out to bump core classes up to 40. I'm hoping that'll get them through the Hard version of Monday's daily.

I think this is the soundest strategy. Giving them all to a character to on,y bump him from50-58 seems like such a waste when you can make the others robust enough to drag along dailies as needed. That sai I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet I'm sitting on I believe 1.5m in exp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom