• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

I got summoned 10 times. Honestly more than I expected. I still haven't unlocked Tidus' second materia despite running the FFX event dungeons. Seems annoyingly random to unlock

Negator

Mastered Airship Elite with this setup. Had just barely run out of abilities when it died. Used a Deprotectga on Ultros and Air Force to burst them down asap. Refuse to use Vit0 as that REALLY feels like cheating lol.

Locke's event is now finished!

fU24mn5l.jpeg

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh man

Oh man

You know what would be ridiculously awesome and a dick move at the same time

WHM/BM/Summoner Record Materia 3 (requires 2nd memory crystal and lv65 break to lv80 cap) - Equip this Record Materia to gain access to 5* Black/White/Summon magic.

Ditto 5* Combat for Fighter, 5* Support for Bard, etc.

Red Mage

Oh man

Oh man

You know what would be ridiculously awesome and a dick move at the same time

WHM/BM/Summoner Record Materia 3 (requires 2nd memory crystal and lv65 break to lv80 cap) - Equip this Record Materia to gain access to 5* Black/White/Summon magic.

Ditto 5* Combat for Fighter, 5* Support for Bard, etc.

BTW, how do we get memory crystals for core characters?

Falk

that puzzling face
The ones shown on the Break Limit page right now are all rewards with the next dungeon update... unless they change it like they did Wakka.

FireVoa

Seriously fuck those spine adds in the command interior 2 fight. The boss itself is fine what with his gravity usage, BUT those spines always seem to attack the same character and kill them each time before i can kill 2 of those things off.

66 stam down the drain... frustrating.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So I read somewhere that you can get Tidus' and Wakka's RM2 drops in a FFX daily dungeon as well as the event dungeons...is that correct? I already have their crystals, just need to level them up. Won't feel the time pressure to do so if the daily option is true.

Three Clouds and Sephiroth before Yuffie, Barret, Red XIII, etc.

Clearly Square-Enix cares more about Final Fantasy VII the anime than Final Fantasy VII the game.

kenji

Need help guys, I have a LOT of 3 stars weapons in my inventory and I don't know what to do about them

Should I just level them up and combine them each others? Or is it a waste of time and scarletites?

Roto13

Need help guys, I have a LOT of 3 stars weapons in my inventory and I don't know what to do about them

Should I just level them up and combine them each others? Or is it a waste of time and scarletites?

That's what I do. Level everything 3 stars and higher as high as it goes. Trash 2 stars if I don't think I'll be able to get more of them to rank them up to 3 or 4 stars. Trash 1 stars because they suck.

cpp's tool can show you what 3 stars are actually worthless. I haven't been using it though.

thedan001

That's what I do. Level everything 3 stars and higher as high as it goes. Trash 2 stars if I don't think I'll be able to get more of them to rank them up to 3 or 4 stars. Trash 1 stars because they suck.

cpp's tool can show you what 3 stars are actually worthless. I haven't been using it though.

I pretty much do the same, I have few 3*++ FFVI weapons so 2*++ FFVI weapons are out, but FFVIII 2*++ I keep since I don't have many FFVIII gear yet, good to RS events

Falk

that puzzling face
Including regular old Classic dungeons.

It would be pretty shitty to require you to have level 50 characters in a specific week to get Record Materia.

Get used to it lol

Some bosses like T-Rex you'd wish you had Squall at lv50 for the additional firepower.

kenji

I pretty much do the same, I have few 3*++ FFVI weapons so 2*++ FFVI weapons are out, but FFVIII 2*++ I keep since I don't have many FFVIII gear yet, good to RS events

ok then, thanks guys

Roto13

Get used to it lol

Some bosses like T-Rex you'd wish you had Squall at lv50 for the additional firepower.

Well yeah. :p But so far nothing permanently missable has been locked behind something insanely hard. You can just craft Phoenix if you can't win it from the event.

Tell me I'm not going to need like a party of level 80 Final Fantasy V characters with full 5* FFV gear to get Gilgamesh or something.

Exact same.

I dunno. Game's busted.

Razmos

Looks like we have another event coming called Forbidden Treasures

Forbidden Rewards

For this event only, each dungeon will offer a Forbidden Reward.

In order to receive a Forbidden Reward, you must use a Tablet before entering the dungeon to unlock it.

*Once a Forbidden Reward is unlocked, it stays unlocked.

Once you've unlocked the Forbidden Reward, complete the dungeon to receive it.

Getting and Using Tablets

You will receive 2 Tablets when the available dungeons change every 48 hours. A total of 10 Tablets will be given to you over the course of the event.

The Forbidden Rewards you can receive will change with the dungeon type, so check the list of rewards and decide which ones you want to use your Tablets on in advance.

Interesting.

Create and hone quest needs
Here is what I need to acquire orb wise, my math is probably off somewhere here, this is spitballing it:
66 lesser power
116 power
61 black

Later this week I need
48 ice
21 lightning
6 white
42 non elementals
21 lesser lightning

The real bitch is going to be the Gil expense of all this. To hone curaga to r5 it will take 300k Gil, add in honing the breaks to r3 and the agas to r4 and you've got a heady price tag for all of this. Some of these, like the first tier spellsword a I'm just honing the newly created swords and selling, not honing the r2 swords I already have.

my plan for the day is to get close to the blacks needed by running the hard daily. Since I need basically an infinite supply of lesser powers, this works well. Contrast this to the power/white day when I really don't need many whites at all.

I think I'll cap my mythril spent on stam refreshes today at 5 to hasten this along. I finished Locke yesterday and have the two final tidus elites, so I'm in good shape to just focus on team building exercises.

Falk

that puzzling face
Are you me lol

I was planning on 5 mythril sunk into the power/black orb daily, too.

Thankfully my Curaga IS already lv5, so I'm just gonna hone the new one and hold on to it just in case.

thedan001

I would take consideration into crafting Curaja seriously because of record materia, Curaga sometimes doesnt heal 50% of a lv65 HP pool

This is when I started seeing JP players using Curaja in their videos after the Tidus event

R3 8 uses of Curaja total cost:
25 greater white orb (I have 66 from all the elite mastery)
18 greater wind orb
18 greater holy orb

not too bad considering R2 bladeblitz took 23 greater wind orbs

Are you me lol

I was planning on 5 mythril sunk into the power/black orb daily, too.

Thankfully my Curaga IS already lv5, so I'm just gonna hone the new one and hold on to it just in case.

Heh. 5 mythril or 500 stamina worth of orbs will affect your game far more positively than what would likely be another 3star relic, particularly when we're getting 5 mythril a day minimum anyway!

I would take consideration into crafting Curaja seriously because of record materia, Curaga sometimes doesnt heal 50% of a lv65 HP pool

This is when I started seeing JP players using Curaja in their videos after the Tidus event

R3 8 uses of Curaja total cost:
25 greater white orb (I have 66 from all the elite mastery)
18 greater wind orb
18 greater holy orb

not too bad considering R2 bladeblitz took 23 greater wind orbs

Good idea but for the potential curaja will be a quest someday soon! Blade blitz has really lost its punch since facing these much stronger trash mobs.

Drac

Heh. 5 mythril or 500 stamina worth of orbs will affect your game far more positively than what would likely be another 3star relic, particularly when we're getting 5 mythril a day minimum anyway!

But but but... My 161 mythril... I should probably do that too, I wanted to do pull only if I hit a wall in progression (always managed my objectives until now) but it's a good idea to finish this farm as soon as possible before we get overwhelmed under content. I still haven't completed all the elite dungeon between orb xp farm and event :(

thedan001

Wow need to pull an aoe weapon if for that revenue stream. Guard stick and giant gloves not so much.

My best bet is a Vanille Deprotega roaming warrior

to maxmize revenue... I would put my roaming warrior with good/useful SB the same realm/world as current event
ala Tidus/Wakka with 5* SB weapons should get alot picks from random list as players go through FFX event

Razmos

Hurray, got my first character to level 50 (Rinoa).

Also I'm confused about the Flame Staff (XII). It gives light fire damage... but it's a staff, for healers. Why would a healer ever be using fire?
Unless you had a hybrid mage with a fire spell and a healing spell, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom