• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-E

Did a 11 pull yesterday with the Tidus banner and have 35 mythril left. What should I be using that for. Save 50 and use it for an 11 pull of one of the soul break phases or do single pulls and hope a 5 star comes out.

Did a 11 pull yesterday with the Tidus banner and have 35 mythril left. What should I be using that for. Save 50 and use it for an 11 pull of one of the soul break phases or do single pulls and hope a 5 star comes out.

If you've got any quests to do or story missions left to do that you can get mythril from, I'd save up to get 50 for the free pull personally, unless you really want something from the current banner and don't think you'll reach it in time.

The game has more than earned $5 from me, so I guess it's time to tempt fate. This will be the first time I've ever spent $ on a mobile game.

It begins ... Mythril Mail!
image.php

Roto13

$1 for a gacha pull is still too much. Spent 5 mythril and got 4* power glove. I got one of those yesterday, so I made a 5* one out of it.

Could have been worse!

Wazzy

Banned
Wait what is this 1$ pull I'm hearing about? I'm at work and haven't checked my game in a few hours D:

Heard there was a rate up event. Did an 11-pull, and two individual pulls. Used up all my 60 mythril.

Got three 4-star shits, and the rest were all 3-star shits. Garbage game. Deleting app!

Damn that sucks. :(

Falk

that puzzling face
I wouldn't be surprised if the SB Celebration banners still adhere to this.

"Huge drop rate bonus" technically isn't lying when it means the gear is boosted from 0.001% to 1% lol

Anyone with FFRKI should be able to confirm the actual drop rates though. (I don't have it installed)

chrono01

Wait what is this 1$ pull I'm hearing about? I'm at work and haven't checked my game in a few hours D:
They have a promotion where they're releasing relic sets in waves. Right now we're on phase one where it only costs 100 gems [the equivalent of 1 USD] to draw. It normally costs 300 gems. Keep in mind that this is only for your first draw on each wave, so you only get the promotion for one per phase.

Wazzy

Banned
They have a promotion where they're releasing relic sets in waves. Right now we're on phase one where it only costs 100 gems [the equivalent of 1 USD] to draw. It normally costs 300 gems. Keep in mind that this is only for your first draw on each wave, so you only get the promotion for one per phase.

$1.20 (for us lowly Canadians) first rare draw for each phase of this event.
Ohhhhh welp time to waste a dollar!

So only once then it's 300 gems again after each pull in the banner.

thedan001

Unless you're swimming in RS armor for every single realm probably best to keep two maxed Genji Armor at this point. Only advantage of a 6 star Genji would be if you went all in on retaliate meta

You put high atk or res to retaliate user since it wont get any physical damage because counter, defense is wasted

I put bangles on retaliate user instead and genji gear to other members

Falk

that puzzling face
I wouldn't be surprised if the SB Celebration banners still adhere to this.

"Huge drop rate bonus" technically isn't lying when it means the gear is boosted from 0.001% to 1% lol

Anyone with FFRKI should be able to confirm the actual drop rates though. (I don't have it installed)

Just confirmed two things with a friend:

1) The Soul Break Celebration banners do conform to the previous post, e.g. 10% total, 1% on each banner item, etc. So it's not exactly "more chance to pull 5*'s OMG!"

2) 5* non-character soul break items go into the 0.001% pool, rather than the generic padding pool. That means while you still have a chance to pull e.g. Blitz Swords etc. off other banners (the same way you can Danjuros, Genji, etc) items like Mystery Veil go into the 0.001% pool when their banner is done.

*For whatever reason though, Balamb Garden Uniform is in the 0.001% pool rather than the generic padding pool, despite not having a soul break. Whether this is an oversight, a bug, or intentional because the CEO's wife told them to, who knows.

I ALMOST put real money into this garbage lottery. Before I did, I spent 5 mithril to see what I would get. Got a 3 star elven bow which is a ff5 weapon I have absolutey no use for. I'm taking this as a sign not to bother with these special banners. Even though a dollar a pull is much better than 3, the chance to get completely useless gear is to great. Screw this system.

alcheim

^Agreed. I usually test out the waters by using the daily free relic or a single 5-mythril pull to estimate my luck before going all-in with 11-pulls or paid pulls.

On the positive side, I was able to upgrade duplicate 3*'s into 5*'s.

I just wanted soul breaks, not heart breaks.

I ALMOST put real money into this garbage lottery. Before I did, I spent 5 mithril to see what I would get. Got a 3 star elven bow which is a ff5 weapon I have absolutey no use for. I'm taking this as a sign not to bother with these special banners. Even though a dollar a pull is much better than 3, the chance to get completely useless gear is to great. Screw this system.

lenna can use bows.

Kapow

Thought it was a good time to finally throw some money into the game and my first pull is a Blitz sword !

I've had some horrific luck with my pulls up to now so this makes me very happy :)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Well, the 100 gem 5* promo offer relic pull per period got me to spend a few dollars on gems.
If the regular draw rate was 1 relic draw per 100 gems, I might spend more money, as it stands they got $9 dollars out of me. The 400 leftover gems will sit until the next promo.

3 dollars per relic pull is crap, and I simply won't support the game at that rate.

Kapow

Well, the 100 gem 5* promo offer relic pull per period got me to spend a few dollars on gems.
If the regular draw rate was 1 relic draw per 100 gems, I might spend more money, as it stands they got $9 dollars out of me. The 400 leftover gems will sit until the next promo.

3 dollars per relic pull is crap, and I simply won't support the game at that rate.

Yeah I think $1 per pull is very reasonable for the majority of people and I hope they do stuff like this more often. $3 is just absurd to me

I wish you could combine doubles of abilities together. I have all these extras laying around now, especially after the Quest system started. (I know why you can't as it would be easy to abuse the system.)

Hopefully we'll at least get the option to break them back down into orbs in the western version soon. (I know it was a QoL update in Japan.)

Roto13

I wish you could combine doubles of abilities together. I have all these extras laying around now, especially after the Quest system started. (I know why you can't as it would be easy to abuse the system.)

Hopefully we'll at least get the option to break them back down into orbs in the western version soon. (I know it was a QoL update in Japan.)

Rrrrrreally? How's the return on orbs? Surely you don't get them all back.

Falk

that puzzling face
Rrrrrreally? How's the return on orbs? Surely you don't get them all back.

Not sure either, but I'd just sell off shit like rank 1 2*s.

Sure, getting like 5 orbs back would be nice, but that's barely... 20 stam of farming tops.

Keeping duplicate Shiva and 4* abilities though.

Falk

that puzzling face
Why, though? Autoattacking with a mage in the only core synergy in the game (the daily) just so you can cast an underpowered Meteor (because the knife gives 0 MAG) seems like a losing proposition to me compared to bringing 4x quake with a proper weapon.

Why, though? Autoattacking with a mage in the only core synergy in the game (the daily) just so you can cast an underpowered Meteor (because the knife gives 0 MAG) seems like a losing proposition to me compared to bringing 4x quake with a proper weapon.
Better damage against trash mobs, and an AoE non-elemental SB could be handy.

We might get Core Class events too in the future, so who knows. I think it's kinda neat.

Falk

that puzzling face
Better damage against trash mobs, and an AoE non-elemental SB could be handy.

We might get Core Class events too in the future, so who knows. I think it's kinda neat.

It still does garbage damage for autoattacks (mage character base stats) and garbage damage for the soul break (shitty MAG stat because 0 from weapon)

You're better off chucking it on someone like Cloud or Sephiroth in core synergy for retaliate.

(In that sense it's completely invaluable at this point since it's the only Core synergy item right now, and a 5* to boot, daggers' generally lower ATK stat aside)

It still does garbage damage for autoattacks (mage character base stats) and garbage damage for the soul break (shitty MAG stat because 0 from weapon)

You're better off chucking it on someone like Cloud or Sephiroth in core synergy for retaliate.

(In that sense it's completely invaluable at this point since it's the only Core synergy item right now, and a 5* to boot, daggers' generally lower ATK stat aside)
You're so hard on the poor Behemoth Blade. It's trying its best!

I still like it, if only for its uniqueness.

I think I'll do the 100 gem pull for each of the 5 phases of this event, but I'm going to use the rest of my gems for stamina refills from here on out. Or at least, that's the plan right now. Red XIII or Sazh being released could change that.

Nohar

Got 3 5* after 2x11 pulls (3 during the first 11 pull). None of those were character specific... Blitz Sword (FF8), Emerald Shield (FF10), Genji Shield (FF4). And on top of that the chances of getting those items were abysmal at best. I. am. fuckin'. jelly.

Well, I guess I have my 7* Genji Shield now. Got a bunch of 3*++ and 4*+ equipment too. On a side note, I have no money left.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think I'll do the 100 gem pull for each of the 5 phases of this event, but I'm going to use the rest of my gems for stamina refills from here on out. Or at least, that's the plan right now. Red XIII or Sazh being released could change that.

Any reason not gems for pulls and mythril for refresh?

3 vs 5

Negator

Guys, these won't be the last banners that we get that have the 100 gem pull. In fact, I would fully expect that every banner we get from now on will have that 100 gem one time pull.

$1 a banner is a perfectly reasonable investment that I am willing to make.

Nohar

Guys, these won't be the last banners that we get that have the 100 gem pull. In fact, I would fully expect that every banner we get from now on will have that 100 gem one time pull.

$1 a banner is a perfectly reasonable investment that I am willing to make.

After getting a Golden Hairpin, when I already have a 3*++ one, I fell rather disappointed.
I made the mistake of spending money for a gatcha. That was the last time.

Negator

After getting a Golden Hairpin, when I already had a 3*++ one, I fell rather disappointed.
I made the mistake of spending money for a gatcha. That was the last time.

If you want to be efficient, you could buy gems, do a roll you normally would have used with Mythril, and use that Mythril instead to expand your inventory. Because buying refreshes/inventory slots with gems is inefficient, you could look at that $1 as an investment in 25 slots of inventory space rather than trying to get lucky on the gacha.

Any reason not gems for pulls and mythril for refresh?

3 vs 5

Mostly because I want to stop doing pulls entirely. I've done too many already. I know it's only a matter of time before I get sucked into the gacha again though, so I'm probably just fooling myself.

Falk

that puzzling face
I posted this over on TB OT, but I think the main beef with the system isn't the overall cost. It's the fact that you're paying for a chance at a 5*.

If an 11-pull were instead changed to, say, ONE guaranteed 5*, and then 9 from the usual roll table, for 10 items total and 1 5* min, I'm willing to bet far more people would be willing to whale. Heck, make it gems only.

I'm willing to bet Terra Battle has massive revenue spikes every time they put up their "2 guaranteed S/SS/Z per 10 pull" event

What do I know though :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom