• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMERG0D

The equipment will probably help Rydia and co for their stats. I probably don't really need it though but I'm still going to get what I can.

Roto13

I'm pretty much just grinding now. Too weak for the last floor of the event but I got time so why not grind? Not sure where the best place to do it is though.
hngggggggggggggggggggggg

edit: Second Whip GET
giphy.gif

What a fantastic GIF.

Negator

Yup, just did the daily. I utterly destroyed everything on hard mode.

I even got a Mythril Shield! If this is what's going to keep dropping I'm just going to go ham all day.

liezryou

Damn those whips, 5th normal fabul castle run no drop.

Also, my current party is cloud, tidus, tifa, WM, rydia. Why do so much people prefer kain over tidus/tifa? Is there something i'm missing?

Yaari

Yeah my last whip is taking its time. It's still decent exp for Sephiroth and Tifa, but I'd like to get back to the daily quests now.

Razmos

Started playing this yesterday, i'm loving the nostalgia (though I cringed when I saw that the first level unlocked is Final Fantasy 7, because of course it is)

I just did the Wind Shrine in the FFV realm, a 5-round dungeon, and I was slightly annoyed that I got a perfect score for the first 4 rounds, and a not-so-great one for the boss fight, and the ranking of that one fight dragged down my entire dungeon score to a silver rank. meaning I now have to do the whole damn thing again.

Stupid rating system.

Clunker

I think the music is the main reason I play this. Loving how it hits all of my nostalgia buttons.

I'm not very deeply invested yet but I'm trying to figure out characters and party composition. I saw in the OP Shouta's note about keeping balanced parties available ... Should I be swapping party members out regularly? I'm only about Lv 10 and mostly sticking with Tidus, Kain, Tyro, Cloud and Black Mage due to not really needing a dedicated healer in early stages.

chrono01

All that luck went to One Piece.
Not really. I've basically been saving all of my Rainbow Gems so I can [hopefully] get Whitebeard when he's released. I'm sitting on 103, at the moment, although I have gotten relatively lucky with boss drops [managed Laboon earlier today, so I can try for Mihawk when he's released].

Not to worry, though. My starting draw [Ace] is still putting in work, especially now with the Arlong Event Island. I'm getting really itchy to spend those Rainbow Gems, though... >_<

Edit - Oh, and I did manage to max skill Golden Hammer Usopp earlier today, so that likely sapped all of my luck for the entire week.

TheContact

I sold the 1star gloves for Tifa but they're better than anything else I can give her. Any way to get another one?

Edit: found some on shinra floors

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a list of where you get certain characters and stuff?

Also, how do you level when it's not the XP dungeon? My party is all level 15-20 or so, so I'm not comfortable going beyond the Tifa stage of the event.

Yaari

Is there a list of where you get certain characters and stuff?

Also, how do you level when it's not the XP dungeon? My party is all level 15-20 or so, so I'm not comfortable going beyond the Tifa stage of the event.

Stage 36-40 is great exp I heard. Not sure if you can beat that.

Yup, just did the daily. I utterly destroyed everything on hard mode.

I even got a Mythril Shield! If this is what's going to keep dropping I'm just going to go ham all day.

Yea it was the easiest to Master for sure. Think I will spend my day there too to get material and level Tifa and Sephiroth.

garath

Yeah. Thanks to the ffvii equipped party I am crushing the hard daily. Going to farm that today and get all my gear to max. Unless I run out of gold. Which is a distinct possibility. I'm down to 25k :/

Althane

Putting the FFVII leather gloves on Tifa and the FFVII Protector Vest on her turns her into a GOD OF DEATH.

Sure, 5 * equips are rare and powerful, but damn if record synergies don't allow farmable equipment to rock the world as well.

So the whip for Rydia is a drop from the final level in Fabul?

Kaiterra

Banned
Tifa, Sephiroth and all those equips make Hard Armor Mako Reactor a cake walk. I'm gonna be rolling in fully upgraded gear when the next gil daily comes around.

elty

Does anyone know which floor drop the plain leather gloves? thanks

The hard daily is nice, but I need the small/medium material more than the large one as I don't have a single piece of 4/5* armor Throwing a regular adamantite to a 1* armor is just a waste. :(

liezryou

Does anyone know which floor drop the plain leather gloves? thanks

The hard daily is nice, but I need the small/medium material more than the large one as I don't have a single piece of 4/5* armor :(

iirc someone on reddit said it's a random enemy on any floor, so your best bet is to farm the lower levels (less stamina).

I'm still trying to get my final Whip. First 2 were easy, this last one, not so much.

That last whip drop... I too suffer from it. Not sure what to do with my time now that shinra is down. Doing a free elite dungeons, but the stamina cost is so huge I feel bored in no time.

elty

That last whip drop... I too suffer from it. Not sure what to do with my time now that shinra is down. Doing a free elite dungeons, but the stamina cost is so huge I feel bored in no time.

I farmed Kabul 8 times and not a single one drop. So I hope you feel better.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I farmed Kabul 8 times and not a single one drop. So I hope you feel better.

Use the flee battle option when the drop isn't a treasure chest. Once Kain disappears the drop should appear. If it's an orb or nothing, quickly pause and flee so that you can re-enter the battle again with wasting stamina on those 1 stamina battles. I think I got my second whip this way. No harm trying.

Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread I think.

One more whip drop and I'm done.

EDIT:

It does work. Got my third whip. First try was an orb, second try was an orb with gil and the third was the whip:p

elty

Use the flee battle option when the drop isn't a treasure chest. Once Kain disappears the drop should appear. If it's an orb or nothing, quickly pause and flee so that you can re-enter the battle again with wasting stamina on those 1 stamina battles. I think I got my second whip this way. No harm trying.

Is it immediately after he dies or you need to wait for the animation?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Is it immediately after he dies or you need to wait for the animation?

After he dies and drops the item so that you can tell whether the drop is an orb or a chest. Be quick or else you'll exit the whole dungeon. Sometimes he doesn't drop anything. After a few tries you should be familiar with the animation and the right timing to quite.

MicH

Is ut worth farming Summon and Greater Summon Orbs in the Shinra dungeon? How hard is it to come across these normally?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Is ut worth farming Summon and Greater Summon Orbs in the Shinra dungeon? How hard is it to come across these normally?

From what I've read, summons aren't really worth it. Kirin is apparently one of the more valuable ones.

There are other things you could farm that will help you out more. (double cut, all the ara blk magic, jump, charge, etc)

elty

After he dies and drops the item so that you can tell whether the drop is an orb or a chest. Be quick or else you'll exit the whole dungeon. Sometimes he doesn't drop anything. After a few tries you should be familiar with the animation and the right timing to quite.

But he never drop anything for me (not even an orb), so I have no idea exactly when does he drop the item during the dying animation.

Marked this 9th time with nothing drop.

XJF

Anyone know the synergy boost for the Leather Gloves is? I've been rocking 4* Sonic Knuckle++ (ATK +33). just want to make sure it's worth it before I try to farm the gloves
Nvm, found it a few pages back.

But he never drop anything for me (not even an orb), so I have no idea exactly when does he drop the item during the dying animation.

I thought someone a few pages back said that the drops were predetermined as you enter dungeon. Haven't tried personally.

Valus

How do events work? Are they temporary? For example, if the Sephiroth event expires eventually, can we no longer get Sephiroth?

How do events work? Are they temporary? For example, if the Sephiroth event expires eventually, can we no longer get Sephiroth?

You won't be able to get him until the event comes back around (or if there is another event/later dungeon that has Sephiroth)

Xetherion

Damn those whips, 5th normal fabul castle run no drop.

Also, my current party is cloud, tidus, tifa, WM, rydia. Why do so much people prefer kain over tidus/tifa? Is there something i'm missing?

My best weapon so far is a 4* Rune Axe that only Kain, Tyro, or Warrior can use. Tyro's my healer and Warrior sucks, so it automatically goes to Kain. He's a beast with it, does almost as much damage with normal attacks as Tifa in the event dungeon with her maxed Leather Gloves. His Jump hits for like 1700 damage.

I don't have him in my party atm because I put Seph in and i'm farming the DD on hard, but when i'm done running VII dungeons Kain's definitely going back in. In fact, now that I think about it I should take Tidus out since i'm not doing the event dungeon and don't need Dark Attack.

elty

Someone in reddit post a game mechanic guide which includes synergy detail.

For character in matching realm, it is equivalent to level + 10. (So a lv20 Cloud in a FF7 dungeon would behave like a lv30 Cloud in a non FF7 dungeon)

Equipment synergy bonus is much greater, and it goes up from 15 bonus level to 70 bonus level. So a lv20 Buster Sword in FF7 dungeon is the equivalent of a lv70 Buster sword in non FF7 dungeon.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/318dxz/tables_on_game_mechanics/

elty

My best weapon so far is a 4* Rune Axe that only Kain, Tyro, or Warrior can use. Tyro's my healer and Warrior sucks, so it automatically goes to Kain. He's a beast with it, does almost as much damage with normal attacks as Tifa in the event dungeon with her maxed Leather Gloves. His Jump hits for like 1700 damage.

I don't have him in my party atm because I put Seph in and i'm farming the DD on hard, but when i'm done running VII dungeons Kain's definitely going back in. In fact, now that I think about it I should take Tidus out since i'm not doing the event dungeon and don't need Dark Attack.

Does the hard DD drop anything other than 3* material?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

That sounds like really bad luck. Are you quitting via the pause and flee option?

Anyone know the synergy boost for the Leather Gloves is? I've been rocking 4* Sonic Knuckle++ (ATK +33). just want to make sure it's worth it before I try to farm the gloves
Nvm, found it a few pages back.

I thought someone a few pages back said that the drops were predetermined as you enter dungeon. Haven't tried personally.

I tried to test this and in the same dungeon run, Kain dropped an orb in the first try so I flee. The second time was orb and gil and with the third came the whip drop. So I think the drop isn't predetermined.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

If he doesn't drop anything there doesn't seem to be enough time to confirm before you quit out. The fanfare started almost immediately. I was still able to flee, but I was back at the main menu. If he drops an item, there is a small delay. As long as he is dropping something this is a great way to farm though.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
If he doesn't drop anything there doesn't seem to be enough time to confirm before you quit out. The fanfare started almost immediately. I was still able to flee, but I was back at the main menu. If he drops an item, there is a small delay. As long as he is dropping something this is a great way to farm though.

Yup. If he doesn't ddrop anything it's harder to time the moment to flee.

Yaari

EDIT:

It does work. Got my third whip. First try was an orb, second try was an orb with gil and the third was the whip:p

It worked for me too! 3 times an orb, 4th was the chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom