• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

I'm going ham on the banner with WoL's relic. I don't even know what it does, but I want it.
Single target holy damage, pretty meh honestly.

also lolll
New character : Cid (FF7)
Dagger, Spear
Combat 4, Dragoon 5, Celerity 3, Support 3
Stats (Lv50) : 3771 HP / 107 STR / 89 DEF / 75 MAG / 71 RES / 69 MND / 127 SPD
Kain shall forever be useless.

Wait, you trashed a 4* from a realm where there's close to 0 synergy items. WHY D:

Eh, I looked back in this thread because I knew I got a silver bracer(3 star) and wrote about it...but I think the item I got tonight was a different silver bracer...so not the same item. I trashed the silver bracer from whatever realm it was from....looking it up...was probably the one from VII. It was 3 star so it must be a different item.

whew. =)

Recharged my phone a bit...beat a daily(on my way to another 50 mythril???) with 1 mythril now on the board and the classic FFXIII quest. So I saw that I'm now sitting at 69 quests complete...didn't have the exact number before.

Razmos

c8258473ddb01507e80a0eca1fe3b4e2.png

image.php

At least I got a FFX weapon, and the axe can be combined into a 5 star.. I guess

At least the axe, dagger and shield are FFV items as well which I don't have a lot of, and the shield gives minor lightning resistance which might be handy at some point.
*trying hard to not be disappointed*

Falk

that puzzling face
On one hand I want the dungeon update

On the other I've burnt 5 mythril on stam refreshes in the past two days and haven't even cleared out Tidus elite yet.

God damn DeNA

e@above: in case you didn't catch it on patch notes Tidus can also use blitzballs now. Two of them with 5*s will wreck harder than Wakka with a 5*+.

Razmos

On one hand I want the dungeon update

On the other I've burnt 5 mythril on stam refreshes in the past two days and haven't even cleared out Tidus elite yet.

God damn DeNA
Lol, i'm the same. I'm still struggling through the content still but i'm just like "new dungeon update, festival of gold when?"

SunGod

Mastered the entire (classic and elite) Tidus event without using any mythril, still don't have either of Tidus or Wakka's second record materia though :(

AE9BFBAl.jpg

I've also mastered all of the new daily dungeons we've had since the update so today it's back to clearing the quests by repeating classic/elite dungeons. Cleared almost all of the other ones :) I just need a bunch of lesser and normal power orbs for ability honing.

Out of interest (and because it'll be useful to know during the boss rush event) does using a mythril between rounds recharge your friend summon as well as your HP, MP and normal abilities?

Oh and I've only got a few characters left to max level now :) I'm probably going to spend all the eggs I get from the Festival of Gold getting Tidus and Wakka to Lv65.

2nSBx5dl.jpg

Check inside RS too. Some items have a low base value but an absurd growth rate (See: Greatsword++ generally sucking but hitting 115ATK in VI realms)

Both the white and black FFIV Robes have these stats (15/15 4 star) in their realm.

Def 89
Res154

Which is better than the Regal Gown(77/126 at 20/20 I wanna say) by a bit. So...I got some decent items. Now bring on the FFIV content!

image.php

At least I got a FFX weapon, and the axe can be combined into a 5 star.. I guess

At least the axe, dagger and shield are FFV items as well which I don't have a lot of, and the shield gives minor lightning resistance which might be handy at some point.

LOL

Also LOL @ Kain character.

Red Mage

image.php

That's actually an awesome knife. Since VI has the most characters, it'll be useful in all of their event dungeons for Sephiroth and the like.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, up till today my only two 5* melee weapons (out of 3 5*s total, no armor) have been a Buster Sword and Danjuro.

Was thinking "Man, this dungeon update is gonna be great because there's both XII and VII paintings and the SHINRA event which is VII so I can finally chop some fools with natural 5*s, something I've not been able to do since the launch of the game."

3 days after patch, no dungeons yet, SHINRA event according to all pointers seems to be completely skipped (we have Blizzaja craftable now which was supposed to be during SHINRA event)

image.php

image.php

image.php

Red Mage

You know, up till today my only two 5* melee weapons (out of 3 5*s total, no armor) have been a Buster Sword and Danjuro.

Was thinking "Man, this dungeon update is gonna be great because there's both XII and VII paintings and the SHINRA event which is VII so I can finally chop some fools with natural 5*s, something I've not been able to do since the launch of the game."

3 days after patch, no dungeons yet, SHINRA event according to all pointers seems to be completely skipped (we have Blizzaja craftable now which was supposed to be during SHINRA event)

image.php

image.php

image.php

What else were we supposed to get for the ShinRa event?

Figuring I gotta be due for a 5 star...since, as said before, I'm around 20 pulled items in a row without one(5% when the drop rate is 10%)...so I take my 5 mythril from the daily dungeons and I do a one-roll...what do I get? Crystal Armor(4 star from V)....ahhhh. Where are the fives? Already have 2 Genji Armor(V) so that Crystal isn't doing me too much good at the moment. Guess I can always bring in 3 armor wearers to V(which I've had some success doing in FFVI with the Genji's and my 3++ Mythril Armor from VI). Not too upset as it wasn't a 3, but was really hoping if I got a 4 star it'd match a 4 star I already have.

image.php

image.php

image.php
I don't think they'll completely skip an event. Probably just another switch up in the order.

Figuring I gotta be due for a 5 star...since, as said before, I'm around 20 pulled items in a row without one(5% when the drop rate is 10%)...so I take my 5 mythril from the daily dungeons and I do a one-roll...what do I get? Crystal Armor(4 star from V)....ahhhh. Where are the fives? Already have 2 Genji Armor(V) so that Crystal isn't doing me too much good at the moment. Guess I can always bring in 3 armor wearers to V(which I've had some success doing in FFVI with the Genji's and my 3++ Mythril Armor from VI). Not too upset as it wasn't a 3, but was really hoping if I got a 4 star it'd match a 4 star I already have.
I'm at 45+ rare pulls without a 5*. The only ones I've ever got were right when the game first came out.

Some people haven't gotten any period. The RNG gods have no pattern.

I'm doing a 100 gem pull and a three pull per banner. I should have enough mythril thanks to these new dailies. If there is a banner with both aeris and Josef, I will use the gems and that's it, do not want another copy of those(as if, right?)

Results:

Sledgehammer xii, 4*. Not the worst of pulls. It's not the most versatile of weapons but glad to have another xii natural 4 attack I have the diamond sword as well.
Rune staff IV, meaning I now have a rune staff 3++, ok, I can live with that
Viking helmet iii, ok, I now have it at 3+ in a realm with little synergy
Sages surplice IV. Yuck. I now have it at 3+, maybe with a third and it will beat out something on a Mage heavy IV team, yeah right.

So yeah, nothing that I really wanted or needed but at least I can combine the three stars and now have a pretty decent xii offensive capability.

Gil heroic is fairly simple using a cyan retaliate, terra firaga, and friend terra fire trance attack strategy.

Have not tried flash wood plains heroic yet. Anyone have suggestions for that one?

Worth attempting the very last Elite Tidus event, if I had trouble finishing the one prior?

Primarily the last bonus of that one too. Still I made it eventually but had to use a mythril to boost myself.

Suggestions for any strategy's too?

Vorpal

It's nice to have synergy for gil farming, and it seems like gil is dropping a little more frequently in heroic. I'm liking these new dailies. Here's my haul from yesterday:

ldR8p3J.jpg

Not strictly a before-and-after since the previous screenshot was from a few days ago, but I definitely feel like I made more progress farming yesterday than during the previous Power/Black/White dailies.

Razmos

Hopefully there's no new event for a few days at least. Need to finally start finishing off some elites and get my stamina to the cap.
Festival of Gold starts on the 12th.

That's actually an awesome knife. Since VI has the most characters, it'll be useful in all of their event dungeons for Sephiroth and the like.
The problem is that I already have many 4* and 5* FFVI equipment, including at least 2 daggers, 2 swords, a throwing weapon (Rising Sun) and a spear (Golden Spear). I simply didn't need that dagger for anything.

Falk

that puzzling face
Intimidate, Ramuh

(Ramuh kinda gets marginalized by farmable 4* summon orbs though - unless you wanna pump those into Valefor/Phoenix instead. Maduin is useless now)

edit: Thundara Strike I guess lol.

Intimidate, Ramuh

(Ramuh kinda gets marginalized by farmable 4* summon orbs though - unless you wanna pump those into Valefor/Phoenix instead. Maduin is useless now)

edit: Thundara Strike I guess lol.

So nothing for Wind? I may just stick to the hard then, i still need a lot of lessers of both kinds

Falk

that puzzling face
Doesn't everyone have like 1000 2* and 3* wind orbs still lol

(Flan farming)

edit: Did a quick check:

Curaga, Haste, Esuna, Quickness

Never really needed to ration those so I wasn't even aware Curaga used Winds!

Falk

that puzzling face
The number of people (okay, well, two that I've met) with Rydia with Ice Whip but <lv40 as Roaming Warrior is mind boggling.

You got an amazing weapon that turns Rydia into a world of hurt on two legs, how have you not used her till 50 D:

Vorpal

The number of people (okay, well, two that I've met) with Rydia with Ice Whip but <lv40 as Roaming Warrior is mind boggling.

You got an amazing weapon that turns Rydia into a world of hurt on two legs, how have you not used her till 50 D:

Maybe they just recently got the Ice Whip and decided to start leveling Rydia?

Pejo

So I really like Pally Cecil, as a fan of FFIV. I have 50 Mythril. Is that shield good enough to waste the Mythril now if I like him? I'm thinking of when it would be useful, and it seems fairly good. (Increased def, acts like a taunt). Especially when there's a few chunks of 3+ hard hitting trash before a boss, and you want to get there with as much HP as possible.

Does anyone have it? Is it good in use as opposed to just "on paper"?

thedan001

So I really like Pally Cecil, as a fan of FFIV. I have 50 Mythril. Is that shield good enough to waste the Mythril now if I like him? I'm thinking of when it would be useful, and it seems fairly good. (Increased def, acts like a taunt). Especially when there's a few chunks of 3+ hard hitting trash before a boss, and you want to get there with as much HP as possible.

Does anyone have it? Is it good in use as opposed to just "on paper"?

I've had it since it first came out, it was okay but all my fights were retaliate meta so it was counter-productive since Cecil takes away counters from my retaliate user

But then friend summon came out and my retaliate user summoning sentinel Cecil is just alot of fun to see all mobs melt from counter spams in dailies, it's convinced me to change my roaming warrior to Pally Cecil with shield

Anyway, Pally Cecil lv50 is 4300 HP, he will become a beast @lv65 esp with RS stats

Pejo

I've had it since it first came out, it was okay but all my fights were retaliate meta so it was counter-productive since Cecil takes away counters from my retaliate user

But then friend summon came out and my retaliate user summoning sentinel Cecil is just alot of fun to see all mobs melt from counter spams in dailies, it's convinced me to change my roaming warrior to Pally Cecil with shield

Anyway, Pally Cecil lv50 is 4300 HP, he will become a beast @lv65 esp with RS stats

That's actually really smart. I didn't realize that using him as a RW gives that effect to the party member that summoned him. I need to look up your friend code and try that out. Also, i'm going to toss a coin to see if i go for the relic. I could also potentially get Rinoa's, and I love the idea of 5* ranged weapons due to the safety of the back row, and still doing full damage.

Vorpal

There has only been 1 banner with Ice Whip and that was about 2-3 months ago

That said, I'm willing to bet Rydia will be in one of the phases for SBfests

Sure, but that doesn't mean Ice Whip is out of the gacha pool otherwise. People can still luck out on super low percentages.

I always seem to get near the end of the events then start getting stomped.

No idea what im doing wrong when it comes to the bosses and that, but seem to gun me down

thedan001

I need to look up your friend code and try that out.

I'm full =_= but doesn't hurt to try as some people might've unfollowed me since I switched my RW. Code 9z7W

Sure, but that doesn't mean Ice Whip is out of the gacha pool otherwise. People can still luck out on super low percentages.

I doubt a huge influx of Rydia's would be attributed to sheer 0.001% luck, but you're right...anything could happen

I always seem to get near the end of the events then start getting stomped.

No idea what im doing wrong when it comes to the bosses and that, but seem to gun me down

DeNA's way of enticing you to pay for relic pulls, I'd chalk up to...
The biggest giveaway of this tactic was Rinoa's event, thats for sure

Balphon

I may have asked this before, but is Wakka's pre-emptive strike RM not actually working, or does it just have a very low proc rate?

Falk

that puzzling face
Bwahahaha here's a weird interaction.

You know the loot that drops from monsters? The ATB gauges still creep during the animation where the loot drops then gets sucked up to the top UI. This is affected by Battle Speed. Meaning at 1, the ATB climbs very slightly when loot drops, and at 5, pretty much the entire ATB bar of the guy who just went fills up again.

On multiple occasions while autobattling, when Tidus finishes his red castbar before anyone else reaches full yellow, he attacks, loot drops, and while loot drops, Tidus fills up his entire yellow bar, then everyone's red castbar starts filling up at the same time and Tidus attacks again, first.

DeNA pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom