• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this over on TB OT, but I think the main beef with the system isn't the overall cost. It's the fact that you're paying for a chance at a 5*.

If an 11-pull were instead changed to, say, ONE guaranteed 5*, and then 9 from the usual roll table, for 10 items total and 1 5* min, I'm willing to bet far more people would be willing to whale. Heck, make it gems only.

I'm willing to bet Terra Battle has massive revenue spikes every time they put up their "2 guaranteed S/SS/Z per 10 pull" event

What do I know though :V

TBH I'd be happy if they just changed the banner system so there were 2 possible rates of 5* items. The banner item rate, and the non banner item rate. And all the non-banner item rates were the same across the board.

I honestly hate the way it is right now, it actively discourages me from spending money because there's literally a 0% chance of getting the item I want.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I get what you are saying Falk, and I don't disagree completely.

But at the same time, the conventions the game provides with combining, makes 3 * and 4* equipment useful if you end up with 2 or 3 of them.

I have 250 equipment slots as I collect and combine any 2* equipment or better. The new optimize system made me very glad I've went this route. It's awesome to hit that button, and see full synergy on a few of the "worlds".
Synergy basically gives it stats equivalent to one star higher, and makes the game far more interesting than I ever expected it to be.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm also running out of slots for items at 250 (curse you upgrade daily), and I have virtually a ++ (or two lol) of every farmable 1*/2*/Black Cowl and countless 3* and 4* in various states of combination from the gacha.

That doesn't change the simple fact that 5*s are still better than 4*+ or 3*++s by a large margin, if we're comparing RS to RS and non-RS to non-RS.

Everything is relative. 5* RS still sits on top of the heap.

Roto13

Know what would make this game easier?

If I could fucking see anything half the time.

HXmUNQa.png
OxbJHIk.png

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Of course, and I like the idea of a guaranteed 5* with an 11 pull. :)

I would honestly consider ditching your 1*++ equipment. It's really pointless to keep it around as 2*++ equipment is typically better even if you don't have synergy.

That's odd Roto13, what model Android are you running that on? I've not heard of that issue.

Falk

that puzzling face
I did FFV elites with Cloud wearing a Copper Cuirass++ and Sephiroth wearing a Bronze Helm++

That was the best I had.

(Obviously stuff that gets outclassed gets sold off. I'm not dumb lol)

Suikoguy

Yeah, some of the 2* farm-able equipment for certain Realms is rare or nonexistent. My biggest complaint at the moment.

The 3 3* drops from the newest event was nice though.

It screwed up when I had it on and it continues to screw up now that I have it off.

Have you tried upgrading to the latest version of Android (if available), and deleting / re-installing the app? The symptoms it's exhibiting look like what you'd normally see with gpu related errors, so if disabling gpu doesn't fix it then the only thing I can think of is a bad installation.

Roto13

Have you tried upgrading to the latest version of Android (if available), and deleting / re-installing the app? The symptoms it's exhibiting look like what you'd normally see with gpu related errors, so if disabling gpu doesn't fix it then the only thing I can think of is a bad installation.

Tried that twice. This has been happening since I switched from mostly playing on my tablet to my phone months ago.

Once it starts, it takes at least five restarts to get it to stop. I actually beat that first boss without being able to see my HP bars. Or my Soul Break meters.

Suikoguy

Reddit is loading like crap at the moment, but this might be relevant if you can get it to load Roto13.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...raded_to_lolipop_battle_ui_missing_on_reload/

You might also try asking over there if you are still stuck. Good luck, gotta be frustrating.

Dammit these dungeon updates need to hurry up. I need to hear that XII victory music again.

Victory Music was my favorite part of the update other then the optimize for realm option :)

GAMERG0D

Wait this game is capable of 60 FPS? On my iPhone 5S it was 30 but I factory reset my Nexus 7 and after a minute or two the game felt like nothing it was like before.

Roto13

Reddit is loading like crap at the moment, but this might be relevant if you can get it to load Roto13.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...raded_to_lolipop_battle_ui_missing_on_reload/

You might also try asking over there if you are still stuck. Good luck, gotta be frustrating.

Thanks, but there's not really a solution there. :p Someone turned off hardware overlays, which may or may not have anything to do with anything. I don't know what effect that would have on other apps.

Wait this game is capable of 60 FPS? On my iPhone 5S it was 30 but I factory reset my Nexus 7 and after a minute or two the game felt like nothing it was like before.

Sometimes a battle will randomly run at 60 fps and then just stop. It's really weird.

Got quite a few samples for daily dungeons today, and it's starting to look like it doesn't matter what stage you do, the drop rates are evenly spread throughout. Not sure I like that, I liked that I could optimize my farming for the item I needed by choosing a specific stage.

Falk

that puzzling face
There's a 12% chance in any given series of RNG to not roll a particular 0.1 chance. (In other words, 0.9^20 ~= 12%)

Not astronomical :V

I'm in the upper 60's...low 70's I believe.

Yea i probably spent way too many orbs re-crafting abilities I already had just to unlock the later ones. I went through creating and honing a brand new copy of each elemental spell and -ra spell, then creating each of the -ga tiers all AGAIN, just so that when I hone my main -ga spells, I'll get credit for the quests. lol

Just a moment ago I unlocked a quest to create Flare Strike. Yea, that one's not happening

Still haven't done any of the dungeon quests though

Edit: Pro-tip. Go through and accept and abandon every quest on the list. That way when you complete quests you can easily see which one are the new ones that just unlocked

The ability quests should give you credit if you've already made it. Lots of these are just a waste of orbs. (And they seem like they're meant to be a type of tutorial anyway.)

On the bright side, Gravity Rod is ridiculously good, especially if you're lucky enough to ever be able to combine it.

Yeah, I guess...I don't have any good caster weapons, just light rod(III), power rod(XII) and now gravity rod(VI)...all 4 stars. Rolled that crap on the Tidus banner. Thought I'd pull one 5, at least...but nope. So in my two 11 pulls I've gotten two 5 stars(both from the first pull)...I guess that's par for the course average wise. Still sucks but at least I didn't get all 3s. After my Blitz Sword(After the VIII event)...I pulled 2 4s then like 3-6 3s and with this new stuff released I went from 3 mythril on the start of Sunday to 50 mythril....put in a lot of work just to get that roll. Horrible conclusion.

The ability quests should give you credit if you've already made it. Lots of these are just a waste of orbs. (And they seem like they're meant to be a type of tutorial anyway.)

The worst part is that you have to do them to unlock the later ones. You can't get the quest to hone Firaga until you create Fire, then hone Fire, then create Fira, then hone Fira, then create Firaga. So if you're sitting on a rank 4 Firaga that you want to upgrade, you have to do all that other shit before honing your Firaga will give you credit.

Of course you could just hone it anyway, then eventually clear out the quest and hone the R1 Firaga you just created, but in the long run, that's an even *bigger* waste of orbs, because it means honing your R4->R5 Firaga in addition to a R1->R2 that you otherwise would never have honed.

It's not a complete waste of orbs, because many of the black magic creation quests give you an orb of the next tier. So in a way it's actually worth it. Like the quest to create Blizzara requires you to use 5 Lesser Black and 8 Lesser Ice, but the reward is 8 3* Ice Orbs. And the Hone quests generally return all the orbs of the primary element as the reward. But it's still annoying

Noi

Hold me GAF.

That's about 17-20 pulled items(Somewhere around there) without a 5 star.

No 5*, but that's a good pull nonetheless. Gravity Rod is great and the White and Black robes have a lot of utility. They have better def than that stupid Gaia Vest the game keeps putting on people when I try to optimize.

Curious what everyone's quest completion count is at. I'm at 63/111

Sitting at 85/111. Had a lot of orbs that were sitting around not being used (only being held back by power and magic orbs, thanks daily), already took care of everything involving two star orbs.

No 5*, but that's a good pull nonetheless. Gravity Rod is great and the White and Black robes have a lot of utility. They have better def than that stupid Gaia Vest the game keeps putting on people when I try to optimize.

I got a shit ton of upgrade equipment so I'll flesh out these 4 stars in a bit(as noted my battery was just about dead...now at 24%) and figure out what to do with the 3s. I too am lacking good caster armor besides my Regal Gown(VI). So hopefully, I can put one of those robes to use.

Razmos

Got the Power Glove (4*, FFXIII) from the 100 gem draw.

FINALLY. I used all my mythril on the Vanille banner and never got a single FFXIII item. I'm really quite happy about this (though the Kaiser fist would have been better)

Noi

I'm so over prepared from the Locke event that I can double cut my way through all of today's heroic daily, with Terra using Quake x4 and Curaga x10 for good measure. Using Friend Summons is actually a hindrance due to how long they take to cast.

All these three star lightning orbs... Sogood.gif

Falk

that puzzling face
Sucks about the Wind orbs though, still haven't cleared out my stash.

WHERE IS THE NON-ELEMENTAL DAILY AUFAGAFJDJ

Nohar

I have once again 50 Mythril, but after this morning disappointment I think I will keep those for the next banner, assuming it will be an interesting one.

Falk

that puzzling face
There really isn't much REALLY useful from this banner anyway, bar Valkyrie, and maybe Lustrous Shield for hilarious Roaming Warrior revenue when certain bosses pop.

(Some melee/add-crazy bosses benefit from using the taunt via friend summon on your Retaliate guy - free attacks out the wazoo)

Gravity Rod is better than the Light Rod by 1 magic point. YEAHHHH!!!! Black Robe is an improvement over the Gaia Vest in DEF and adds a Magic Bonus as well. Leveled up the White Robe too...cuz I had the mats. Obviously not better than the Regal Gown even with synergy in FFIV but hey...I'll probably pull more of those than getting another Regal Gown so it could be useful perhaps in FFIV land only. So, that leaves my other 4 star, the bracer(XIII). Think I pulled one of these earlier but trashed it....doh. Keeping this one...leveled it up to 8 and I'm now out of mats but happy to have a lot of inventory space now(40 spots available). Didn't keep any of the 3 stars.

thedan001

So... I got a grand total of 70 3* power orbs just by spamming daily yesterday, with some FFX event to unlock record materia so I can get exp into Tidus/Wakka while doing dailies

I decided to hone Fira Strike and Power/Magic/Armor Breaks in preparation for FFX boss rush mode

Falk

that puzzling face
Gravity Rod is better than the Light Rod by 1 magic point.

Check inside RS too. Some items have a low base value but an absurd growth rate (See: Greatsword++ generally sucking but hitting 115ATK in VI realms)

So, that leaves my other 4 star, the bracer(XIII). Think I pulled one of these earlier but trashed it....doh.

Wait, you trashed a 4* from a realm where there's close to 0 synergy items. WHY D:

I decided to hone Fira Strike and Power/Magic/Armor Breaks in preparation for FFX boss rush mode

I hope you did that while having the quests to hone those abilities lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom