• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bwahahaha here's a weird interaction.

You know the loot that drops from monsters? The ATB gauges still creep during the animation where the loot drops then gets sucked up to the top UI. This is affected by Battle Speed. Meaning at 1, the ATB climbs very slightly when loot drops, and at 5, pretty much the entire ATB bar of the guy who just went fills up again.

On multiple occasions while autobattling, when Tidus finishes his red castbar before anyone else reaches full yellow, he attacks, loot drops, and while loot drops, Tidus fills up his entire yellow bar, then everyone's red castbar starts filling up at the same time and Tidus attacks again, first.

DeNA pls.

The enemy's ATBs are also filling though. So I don't think the player gets an unfair advantage here.

Falk

that puzzling face
The enemy's ATBs are also filling though. So I don't think the player gets an unfair advantage here.

The lootdrop animation is basically like a traffic light. If you fill up the yellow bar during the animation, you still gotta wait for the animation to finish before the red castbar starts filling up. Meaning it's like everyone starts filling up their red castbar at the same time.

You only get that free attack if your character fills up the red castbar faster than others, e.g. highest speed stat, not counting cast time modifiers. It's an edge case, but an amusing one nonetheless seeing the same character get the first two attacks in a row with Autobattle on, before anyone else has a chance to.

Brandson

But then friend summon came out and my retaliate user summoning sentinel Cecil is just alot of fun to see all mobs melt from counter spams in dailies, it's convinced me to change my roaming warrior to Pally Cecil with shield

I was lucky to get Cecil's shield on a 50 mythril pull last night. He is only level 47, but if anyone wants him for sentinel summoning, my ID is qkvP.

Yogg

So a while ago I honed my kirin with all my lesser summon orbs, figuring no other use of lesser summon orbs would be better than that. Now I can't craft a new Dragon for the quest.

Is there a way to farm lesser summon orbs ?

thedan001

Added! I think I'm up to five Cecil's now. I think on that ability the level of the friend, item, and caster doesn't matter.

I'm thinking FFRK players will catch on after the fact that shield cecil + retaliate combo provides many benefits

-negates all incoming single target physical damage
-adds more damage output without costing a turn/ability, will counterattack physical aoe's
-duration lasts for whole daily stage, 1 summon will last for all 3 rounds

FFRK subreddit friend spreadsheet has like 5 sentinel cecil's not 100/100 yet if you looking to follow some

Vorpal

Oh god I really want to pay for an 11 pull during this godfest thing

Let's run a quick simulation.

"Please confirm your $90 transaction."
Confirm

"Closing transaction..."

77R9cip.png

Whoooooooaaaaa!!

Got Wakka's ball from a pull today! The quests feature is cool...but I wish you didn't have to re-do so many things you've already done (like making fire and thunder, etc.) also it requires way too many clicks to accept a quest, they should just auto-accept all of them like achievements.

Speaking of simulation, has anyone used the Relic Pull Simulator? it's quite fun.

aeb7c278e665c9802a5972a366681132.png

Hmm, all the fun of a relic pull

I've had four pulls in a row with two or more five stars, one had 4. Now I want to blow my mythril, you are not helping. Looking forward to these new relics coming to see who they are assigned to and what they do.

I figure they're not going to launch a new relic banner while the fiesta is going on, right?

Anyone got tips for the last two stages of the Tidus event on elite?

Edit: Did a 50 pull on the Tidus banner. Didn't get any 5 stars but I got two more FFX swords, so I guess that helps a little...

thedan001

Wasn't there a short FFVII event as well?

It would be a good time for it since Cloud can break level cap and Tifa got a buff.

There was a FFVII event, but no idea on relic pull banner during that since SBfests phase 1-5 will likely include FFVII's already, just answering in context of banners

SunGod

Anyone got tips for the last two stages of the Tidus event on elite?

Edit: Did a 50 pull on the Tidus banner. Didn't get any 5 stars but I got two more FFX swords, so I guess that helps a little...

Retaliate/Double Cut (as usual) and Intimidate, both bosses in stage 9 and the first boss in stage 10 can be paralysed :)

Did my 50 pull on the new event banner and got this:

Slight buyer's remorse, I should have done the FFX banner, but that's a second blitz sword. Unsure if I should combine it or not and make Squall riddonkulous when he comes out. Tidus using it is pretty good too.

thedan001

Dailies before update had FFII so I had a reason to use Joseph/Gordon

Now they're just bench-warmers, I managed to get them both lv50 altho

Ashodin

Yeah if the game detects they're a Mage Knight type of character, or hybrids, they'll equip trying to make them hybrid stats, which really blows.

My Daily Free Relic draw was significantly better than my discounted Phase 1 celebration draw. I was super-excited because I didn't remember what color white equated to when it came out (it always comes out in the appropriate color of poo).

My third Mythril Mail, via the daily draw. This is a sign that this will be the best thing I'll possibly pull this next week.

Finally got lucky in one of these things. Also been rolling Dark Knight Cecil since he was released so I'm even more happy. Wakka is kinda leveled so that works as well, never touched Rinoa. Was hoping for Pally Cecil as well but this is a satisfying pull for me since I never got anything good up to this point other than Genji armor and a Black Robe.

Razmos

Finally got lucky in one of these things. Also been rolling Dark Knight Cecil since he was released so I'm even more happy. Wakka is kinda leveled so that works as well, never touched Rinoa. Was hoping for Pally Cecil as well but this is a satisfying pull for me since I never got anything good up to this point other than Genji armor and a Black Robe.
I am so jelly right now. That was pretty much exactly the pull I was hoping for when I did my 11-pull this morning.

Pejo

Welp my Mythril was burning a hole in my pocket, so i blew 50 on the special banner, ended up with Dark Sword (DRK Cecil), Judgement Staff, Behemoth Knife, and some 4*s and 3*s. I appreciate getting three 5*s, but bummed I didn't get literally any of the other 3 banner weapons. C'est la vie!

Yogg

Second boss of Operation Control (Gui) just kicked my ass. I spent more than a hour s/l'ing trying to find a way to beat him without losing members, and finally settled for a victory with 3 corpses. My damage was ok, but my group just couldn't tank the incoming hurt. I was using a retaliate setup.

I had an issue with retaliate setup on this specific fight tho: I was using Trance Fira to help clear the adds, and maybe a quake depending on the ATB at the start, and that would put the head way ahead of the body on the retaliate target list. So I needed to deal straight damage to the body for one or two rounds to have it catch up to the head health %. On my next try (if there's one) I'll probably avoid retaliate and go with a more straight forward setup with spells to avoid those buffer rounds.

I'm officially scared of the boss rush, even if apparently they have much less hp than in the missions.

edit: spent all my mythril on 3x pulls on that new event banner , got nothing but 3* stuff. Somewhere around 15 items. I really wanted that official ball :(

Razmos

Welp my Mythril was burning a hole in my pocket, so i blew 50 on the special banner, ended up with Dark Sword (DRK Cecil), Judgement Staff, Behemoth Knife, and some 4*s and 3*s. I appreciate getting three 5*s, but bummed I didn't get literally any of the other 3 banner weapons. C'est la vie!
I really wanted the Behemoth knife, just for the novelty of having a core synergy weapon.

Pejo

I really wanted the Behemoth knife, just for the novelty of having a core synergy weapon.

Yea I guess that's handy, and at least it's a dagger so anyone can equip it. Actually it's my strongest dagger, so Snow finally has something to use that's not a III knuckle. (when and if I ever use Snow for anything)

Second boss of Operation Control (Gui) just kicked my ass. I spent more than a hour s/l'ing trying to find a way to beat him without losing members, and finally settled for a victory with 3 corpses. My damage was ok, but my group just couldn't tank the incoming hurt. I was using a retaliate setup.

I had an issue with retaliate setup on this specific fight tho: I was using Trance Fira to help clear the adds, and maybe a quake depending on the ATB at the start, and that would put the head way ahead of the body on the retaliate target list. So I needed to deal straight damage to the body for one or two rounds to have it catch up to the head health %. On my next try (if there's one) I'll probably avoid retaliate and go with a more straight forward setup with spells to avoid those buffer rounds.

I'm officially scared of the boss rush, even if apparently they have much less hp than in the missions.

edit: spent all my mythril on 3x pulls on that new event banner , got nothing but 3* stuff. Somewhere around 15 items. I really wanted that official ball :(

You can use cureaga on the head to fix that issue.

Wazzy

Banned

Dayummmmm nice pull!

I'm holding off on pulls until Squall but I already gave in once with brotherhood and I'm getting more and more tempted to do pulls on these banners.

I really hope the wait is worth it lol It does suck that there's better gunblades later on but I'm too into VIII to not try and get the 5* from it.

thedan001

Finally maxed out my friend list, it has 10+ of each Deprotectga Vanille, Sentinel Cecil, Tyro's Shield Grimoire and the rest is just random AOE damage/buff types

I noticed there's some quests with level 10/30/50 requirements that I never got, is my game bugged?

EDIT: looking around some more, subreddit seems to think that because level up quests for FF3, FF8, and FF9 are bugged because the character examples listed in the quest log isnt available yet so DeNA might've disabled those quests for now. Characters I'm referring are Arc (FF3), Irvine (FF8), and Vivi (FF9) which all comes from the 4th dungeon update and then the quests should appear

Nohar

Finished FFX's Elite. I had to abuse Vit0 to beat last stage. After the crappy pulls I got this morning, I have no qualms cheating my way through this event. I doubt I will be able to beat the Boss rush mode even with it though.

RivalCore

Congrats!

It's pulls like that, that make me cry into my pillow at night!

Razmos

There aren't any characters or records from Final Fantasy XI or Final Fantasy XIV yet - are there any plans to include them in the future? How about Final Fantasy XV?

Hazama-san: Yes there are definitely plans for Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV, and we'll be discussing Final Fantasy XV soon.
YOOOOOOOOOO

11, 14 and 15 realms coming.
index.png

Noi

We aren't gonna see those new realms for a long time. :(

XIV characters better not stop and end at Y'shtola like every other game featuring it.

thedan001

YOOOOOOOOOO

11, 14 and 15 realms coming.
index.png

ooooooooooooh wow

I'm excited, I played both, XIV was okay but FFXI holds a place in my heart

I think they're planning to save them after all the other FF dungeons are done so they can keep the interest in the game last longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom