• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Interestingly they talk about adding more original characters like Tyro:
Record Keeper has its own storyline, an original character, and is very much set in the Final Fantasy universe. We plan to add even more characters to the game in the future.

Which suggests that Tyro's storyline is going to continue

thedan001

Interestingly they talk about adding more original characters like Tyro:

Which suggests that Tyro's storyline is going to continue

FFRK's storyline seemed to drop dead right about when Dr.Mog is all like "there! I've done all the tutorial blah blah, now go play/pay, I'll come back to annoy you with my crappy magicite UI that the devs didn't bother to optimize"

Razmos

FFRK's storyline seemed to drop dead right about when Dr.Mog is all like "there! I've done all the tutorial blah blah, now go play/pay, I'll come back to annoy you with my crappy magicite UI that the devs didn't bother to optimize"
Yeah I suppose so, but I would not be surprised in the slightest if we got a Core realm quite late in the game with a story told through Record Keepers cutscenes rather than through summaries, and through that we might meet new characters and recruit them and stuff.

Though in all this, there is one current realm that is still being largely ignored, Final Fantasy I.

It has almost no gear associated with it, and still only one playable character in Japan. They could probably do a lot more with that. Adding Princess Sarah as a playable character would be a start, she already has been playable in other games.

Razmos

Though in all this, there is one current realm that is still being largely ignored, Final Fantasy I.

It has almost no gear associated with it, and still only one playable character in Japan. They could probably do a lot more with that. Adding Princess Sarah as a playable character would be a start, she already has been playable in other games.
Isn't that Final Fantasy: Mobius game (i think that's what its called) set during Final Fantasy 1? I seem to recall hearing that Garland and Sarah are in it.
If so, characters from that game might be a good choice to add as well.

chaosyn

I was lucky to get Cecil's shield on a 50 mythril pull last night. He is only level 47, but if anyone wants him for sentinel summoning, my ID is qkvP.

Just pulled a shield last night as well, and switched my RW over to Pally Cecil. Code is eXWd if anyone is interested.

Isn't that Final Fantasy: Mobius game (i think that's what its called) set during Final Fantasy 1? I seem to recall hearing that Garland and Sarah are in it.
If so, characters from that game might be a good choice to add as well.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I'd rather they stick with the traditional FFI. (Though I think some Mobius equipment has already been added to the game in Japan.)

Plus, the redesigned characters wouldn't really fit with realm.

FireVoa

You may choose two of the following: Which is better to have?

A. Danjuro 5* and 6*
B. Danjuro 7*
C. Blitzsword 5* and 6*
D. Blitzsword 7*

The boss rush is available for the Tidus event now.

Speaking of Tidus, getting his second Record Materia to drop is proving to be a pain. I got Wakka's on the very first fight. :/

alcheim

After getting over the lousy gatcha pulls I had yesterday, I got a neat surprise today. First battle on FFX Realm and got:

HO9UEjD.png

Came in to work and saw that the Boss rush was already available. Stepped out for coffee, and did the bonus dungeon, and after a few save/reloads (+ help from RWs, and a mythril refresh)... Valefor GET!

LMAO! seeing some of your lucky pulls put me in a good mood so I spent another 5 mythril on the current banner. Lo and behold!!!
Just like last night when I pulled a 3 star bow for ff5 while I already have two other 4 star bows for ff5...... today I got a 3 star armlet for ff7 while I already own, you guessed it, TWO different 4 star bangles for ff7! I'm just throwing mythril away!

After getting over the lousy gatcha pulls I had yesterday, I got a neat surprise today. First battle on FFX Realm and got:

Came in to work and saw that the Boss rush was already available. Stepped out for coffee, and did the bonus dungeon, and after a few save/reloads (+ help from RWs, and a mythril refresh)... Valefor GET!

What setup did you use?

Falk

that puzzling face
You may choose two of the following: Which is better to have?

A. Danjuro 5* and 6*
B. Danjuro 7*
C. Blitzsword 5* and 6*
D. Blitzsword 7*

Honestly speaking, if you wanna go all-in on retaliate meta I'd go for 7* for weapons that retaliate-bots can use.

The other big alternative (which is probably months away for us) is mage-heavy party.

alcheim

What setup did you use?

I had this:

RW: LV 50: Wakka - Status Feels

LV 54: Wakka (Platinum Dagger+, Genji Helm, Magic Break, Power Break)
LV 55: Tidus (Thunder Blade, Genji Armor, Double Cut, Magic Break)
LV 49: Cloud (Zantetsuken+, Genji Shield, Fira Strike, Magic Break,)
LV 45: Black Mage (Gravity Rod+, Mystery Veil, Firaja, Thundaja)
LV 50: Tyro (Zantetsuken, Genji Armor, Curaga, Mental Breakdown)

I can't remember exactly what accessories they had on (most likely Angel Wings, Durable Power Wristband, Hyper Wrist, and Safety Bit).

I fed everyone except Tyro (who was already at lv 50) some experience eggs so that their level ups would happen mid-dungeon, and refresh ability uses (I didn't actively plan it; I just noticed that the party was close to levelling up so I "egged" them along). But I still ended up using 1 mythril to restock abilities

I had this:

RW: LV 50: Wakka - Status Feels

LV 54: Wakka (Platinum Dagger+, Genji Helm, Magic Break, Power Break)
LV 55: Tidus (Thunder Blade, Genji Armor, Double Cut, Magic Break)
LV 49: Cloud (Zantetsuken+, Genji Shield, Fira Strike, Magic Break,)
LV 45: Black Mage (Gravity Rod+, Mystery Veil, Firaja, Thundaja)
LV 50: Tyro (Zantetsuken, Genji Armor, Curaga, Mental Breakdown)

I can't remember exactly what accessories they had on (most likely Angel Wings, Durable Power Wristband, Hyper Wrist, and Safety Bit).

I fed everyone except Tyro (who was already at lv 50) some experience eggs so that their level ups would happen mid-dungeon, and refresh ability uses (I didn't actively plan it; I just noticed that the party was close to levelling up so I "egged" them along). But I still ended up using 1 mythril to restock abilities

Goodness, you've had some good luck at the gatcha.

alcheim

Goodness, you've had some good luck at the gatcha.

Not being snide or anything, but I actually feel I've got terrible luck. I've never gotten any of the character specific Soul Break weapons --which is what I've wanted to get since day 1.

...and If I recall correctly, most of the true/native 5* equipment (Genji's) were from paid pulls too. All pulls using mythril fall in the 3*-4* range. The daily free relic also consistently rewards me with 1* garbage.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not being snide or anything, but I actually feel I've got terrible luck. I've never gotten any of the character specific Soul Break weapons --which is what I've wanted to get since day 1.

Actually with friend summons, soul break 5*s are now lower in importance than record synergy 5*s. They're definitely amazing to have, but even without, you get two shots of something of your choosing, without even needing to use the SB gauge. Record Synergy 5*s, on the other hand, let you dish out the hurt regardless of character.

Red Mage

Actually with friend summons, soul break 5*s are now lower in importance than record synergy 5*s. They're definitely amazing to have, but even without, you get two shots of something of your choosing, without even needing to use the SB gauge. Record Synergy 5*s, on the other hand, let you dish out the hurt regardless of character.

I just want the SB to my favorites. ;)

So, who is scheduled first, Balth or Edgar?

Wazzy

Banned
What's the best setup up for last Tidus elite?
I just want the SB to my favorites. ;)

So, who is scheduled first, Balth or Edgar?
Balthier should be first! It will go something like next event is either Squall or Shinra and then after Garnet and then Balthier.

Raika

Haven't been playing properly for a couple of weeks, just been logging in for daily rewards.

As a result my Lv.25ish team was too beat up by the time I reached the final boss of Tidus' dungeon, had to gem once to fully heal up before taking it down.

I still have 95 mythril and have no idea when would be the best time to do my 11 rare pull thing. Is there some sort of OP gear I should be aiming for during its rate up? :(

What's the best setup up for last Tidus elite?

If you're like me and you think vit0 is lame sauce, you can do what i did.

* at least 6 Fira Strikes on Cloud. Thats Fira Strike
* Armor Break (or Breakdown if you have 4 uses)
* Intimidate at 4 uses
* Protectga
* Bard RW
* Lots of Double Cuts on Tidus and Wakka
* At least 8 ga spells on Terra or Rinoa (10-12 better) whoever is stronger

On first boss, get Protectga up, armor break the body, Intimidate body, then use regular attacks till it comes out of the ground. Use bard now and unload Fira Strikes for 9999 damage and double cuts for about 6k each. Boss dies in no time. Defend the whole time with mage, ignore arms

Second boss, Valor Minuet immediately, Wakka and mage kill the head quickly. If you get thundaga too much S/L. While they are attacking head, Tidus and Cloud double cut one arm. Then kill other arm and finally body. Pretty straightforward

Wazzy

Banned
If you're like me and you think vit0 is lame sauce, you can do what i did.

* at least 6 Fira Strikes on Cloud. Thats Fira Strike
* Armor Break (or Breakdown if you have 4 uses)
* Intimidate at 4 uses
* Protectga
* Bard RW
* Lots of Double Cuts on Tidus and Wakka
* At least 8 ga spells on Terra or Rinoa (10-12 better) whoever is stronger

On first boss, get Protectga up, armor break the body, Intimidate body, then use regular attacks till it comes out of the ground. Use bard now and unload Fira Strikes for 9999 damage and double cuts for about 6k each. Boss dies in no time. Defend the whole time with mage, ignore arms

Second boss, Valor Minuet immediately, Wakka and mage kill the head quickly. If you get thundaga too much S/L. While they are attacking head, Tidus and Cloud double cut one arm. Then kill other arm and finally body. Pretty straightforward
Cool I'll try this out! Thanks :)

Roto13

FFVI Elite Magitek Armor boss fight: Impossible or just nearly impossible? Tips would be appreciated.

It's a pretty straightforward fight. Protectga (most of their attacks are physical) and lots of lighting attacks/spells.

I imagine bringing Rinoa as your Friend Summon should make this fight pretty easy. Hell, I bet two Rinoa summons + a few thundagas would be enough to finish this whole thing if the Rinoa soul break lands right.

Nohar

FFVI Elite Magitek Armor boss fight: Impossible or just nearly impossible? Tips would be appreciated.

Not impossible, but quite hard nonetheless, especially if you began the game just a few weeks ago and don't have that much abilities yet.
Aside from the obvious FFVI equipment and characters you should bring with you, you will want several of the following abilities (at least honed to 4 uses each, 6 being better) to make that fight easier:
  • You need level 40+ characters. They hit too hard for you to bring characters with lower levels.
  • Thunder-based abilities. Bring Cloud and/or Celes with Thunder Strike (if you did Lightning's event, you should have at least one). Bring Terra or your next best black magic user with Thundara/Thundaga/Thundaja. If you have Ramuh, it is a good idea to bring Rydia instead.
  • You need Power Break. Use it on the Magitek Armors you will kill last.
  • Armor Break is good to bring: use it on the Armors you are beating with Thunder Strike.
  • If you have Aerith, her Limit Break can Stop all of them for a few seconds.
  • Protectga can be a godsend to reduce incoming damages.
  • Rinoa as a RW will obliterate them.
If you can't craft the aforementioned abilities, skip this fight until you have them.

Got my first LVL 50 character ... Terra. Immediately swapped her for LVL 29 Vanille.

Gonna be interesting doing the late Tidus Event Elites (Interiors etc.) with an average LVL30 party, huh. I Mastered the Elite post the Elite with Chocoboeater. It is starting to be hard (trash mobs hit for Wakka for 1500) but with Roaming Warriors I can allow that.

Wakka is LVL23, Tidus is LVL21.

Nohar

Got my first LVL 50 character ... Terra. Immediately swapped her for LVL 29 Vanille.

Gonna be interesting doing the late Tidus Event Elites (Interiors etc.) with an average LVL30 party, huh.

Wakka is LVL23, Tidus is LVL21.

Aoutch. I don't want to scare you, but you can forget about the last 4 Elite without a full level 50 team. You should have plenty of Growth eggs thanks to the quests: it's time to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom