• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macnair

Doing the quests are fun. I stopped at the create summons and breaks because I don't have enough money and orbs. I still need more power orbs to hone my physical attacks.

eastx

Not impossible, but quite hard nonetheless, especially if you began the game just a few weeks ago and don't have that much abilities yet.
Aside from the obvious FFVI equipment and characters you should bring with you, you will want several of the following abilities (at least honed to 4 uses each, 6 being better) to make that fight easier:
  • You need level 40+ characters. They hit too hard for you to bring characters with lower levels.
  • Thunder-based abilities. Bring Cloud and/or Celes with Thunder Strike (if you did Lightning's event, you should have at least one). Bring Terra or your next best black magic user with Thundara/Thundaga/Thundaja. If you have Ramuh, it is a good idea to bring Rydia instead.
  • You need Power Break. Use it on the Magitek Armors you will kill last.
  • Armor Break is good to bring: use it on the Armors you are beating with Thunder Strike.
  • If you have Aerith, her Limit Break can Stop all of them for a few seconds.
  • Protectga can be a godsend to reduce incoming damages.
  • Rinoa as a RW will obliterate them.
If you can't craft the aforementioned abilities, skip this fight until you have them.

Thanks! Unfortunately I haven't leveled up Cloud, Celes, or Aerith at all. I do have Terra at level 47 and Locke at 37. Was also using Tidus lv 51, Wakka lv 42, and Vanille lv 39... But it didn't go very well. (I also have level 50 Paladin Cecil and Rydia to choose from.)

My main issue was the Magitek Armors' kick move doing such terrible damage. Sounds like I should work on Protectga first and foremost.

Thanks! Unfortunately I haven't leveled up Cloud, Celes, or Aerith at all. I do have Terra at level 47 and Locke at 37. Was also using Tidus lv 51, Wakka lv 42, and Vanille lv 39... But it didn't go very well. (I also have level 50 Paladin Cecil and Rydia to choose from.)

My main issue was the Magitek Armors' kick move doing such terrible damage. Sounds like I should work on Protectga first and foremost.

I mastered it with a team way more underleveled than yours, without Protectga, VIT0 etc.

Bring all the Thunder-like abilities you have and all the Double Cuts you have. Power Break + Armor Break are necessary. Curaga and Kirin as well. Every kick was doing around 800-900 damage to me - I was healing every turn, even preemptively because between the time the spell went off somebody got kicked somewhere.

The battle is not that hard - be prepared to Save & Load if the kicks concentrate on one character, tho.

Nohar

That battle sure is a difficulty spike, but is perfectly doable as long as you have good abilities. Didn't even need Protectga. It is this battle which taught me how important Breaks are.

I guess I will complete today's dungeons before trying the Boss rush. Thanksfully, I now have 2 Intimidate abilities, one with 6 uses and the other with 4 uses. It should helps tremendously (and, well, Wakka being the weakest member of my party, he is perfect for that job). I'm still a little afraid I'm gonna need a Mythril to refresh abilities. Oh well, in the worst case scenario, I'll Vit0, though I'd rather not (it is cheating, and it will be fixed: relying on it is a bad idea).

On a side note, considering how often people S/L and are aware of that mecanic, they really just should just add a "Rewind battle" button (for free).

Noi

CHMqbaXUgAERZHs.png

Something was lost on in converting Lulu to sprite form, but I can't put my finger on what.

thedan001

CHMqbaXUgAERZHs.png

Something was lost on in converting Lulu to sprite form, but I can't put my finger on what.

If you image search ffx lulu in google, I already noticed 2 main things missing

1) her goth look isn't really translated well into sprite form
2) it's her eyebrow, it should be reversed to keep her serious facial tone instead of her sad puppy eyes

CHMqbaXUgAERZHs.png

I like her sprite. The fur collar and the hairpins look really nice. Obviously the belt detailing had to be simplified, but I think she looks good.

Wakka's sprite on the other hand... His head is too small and it bothers me.

The real question is...

Does Lulu's relic pull weapon run from Lulu into an enemy?

Onion Knight doll please!
I really want to see her unique Relics. Hopefully she'll have her dolls.

When they start adding FF XI characters, Aphmau should be able to use them too.

Falk

that puzzling face
CHMqbaXUgAERZHs.png

No cornrows

You can... sorta see what they were going for, only if you worked it out beforehand so you know what the mess of pixels that are the bottom half were supposed to be.

It's kinda like Shadow. It's hard not to see the wrong thing unless you realize those big things aren't supposed to be goggles lol

Razmos

No cornrows

You can... sorta see what they were going for, only if you worked it out beforehand so you know what the mess of pixels that are the bottom half were supposed to be.

It's kinda like Shadow. It's hard not to see the wrong thing unless you realize those big things aren't supposed to be goggles lol
I think the sprite in the banner doesn't really do it justice, the gifs I posted above are far more obviously Lulu (the breasts, the belt skirt)

She looks so much better when side facing than whatever pose that it is in the banner.

These some tough X elites? I've only completed 4 stages on elite event so far...been too busy with quest fights(for the exp orbs) and the new dailies(mythril) to get into them too much. I too, like someone else here, also have 10 intimidates(6/4) and I have Firaga at 8 uses. Problem is I gotta level Wakka and Tidus a good 10 levels each to reach 50.

I rolled another 5 mythril and yet again got another 4 star, Healing Staff(XIII).

Also 75/111 now.

Nohar

These some tough X elites? I've only completed 4 stages on elite event so far...been too busy with quest fights(for the exp orbs) and the new dailies(mythril) to get into them too much. I too, like someone else here, also have 10 intimidates(6/4) and I have Firaga at 8 uses. Problem is I gotta level Wakka and Tidus a good 10 levels each to reach 50.

I rolled another 5 mythril and yet again got another 4 star, Healing Staff(XIII).

Also 75/111 now.

All the FFX Event Elite stages are easy-peasy, until the last two, in which you will face 2 boss battles in a row in each (the last Elite stage can be pretty brutal). You will want to keep the bosses paralyzed at all time. The jellyfish in particular will spam his AoE move which deals 1k damage on everyone otherwise (can be Magic Break though, but avoiding it with paralyze is better). The second to last stage bosses have minions too: the ones of the first boss will repop, the ones of the second boss won't.

I think the sprite in the banner doesn't really do it justice, the gifs I posted above are far more obviously Lulu (the breasts, the belt skirt)

She looks so much better when side facing than whatever pose that it is in the banner.
I think that's her "about to attack" pose.

As I said before, I love her sprite. It would be impossible to capture all the detail of her outfit in such a small sprite, but I think they did a good job streamlining it. Especially her hair.

Lets just skip to the Lulu event in North America too. Just a brief detour...

Brandson

So what is the current recommended method for fast XP at the moment? I feel like I should have more characters at 50 by now than I do (2).

Nohar

Frankly, unless I actually need a specific SB, I just pick the first one on the list. That menu is just too laggy to bother with.

Nohar

So what is the current recommended method for fast XP at the moment? I feel like I should have more characters at 50 by now than I do (2).

Sadly, if you missed Flan Festival, you only really have 3 options:
  • Exp dungeon on Sunday.
  • Growth eggs. You can get a ton of these thanks to quests.
  • Bring the character you want to level-up into a dungeon in which he has realm synergy (+50% exp), and make him/her solo it if possible. There are some options which are better than others, it depends on the stamina spent, etc.

So I have Kain, Cloud, Sephiroth, Aeris, Tidus and Rydia as my current only characters at level 50, none with their unique weapons and anything other then their default limit breaks. Which do you think would be best to set as my roaming warrior, who is most useful to other players?

Yeah that Flan XP was glorious. Otherwise really just XP day and those growth eggs.

I just probably need 2 mainline characters now to 50 now. Although 1 is Gordon and I don't really care much for him. Still need the majority of core characters leveling up, but again no real urgency for those.

Nohar

So I have Kain, Cloud, Sephiroth, Aeris, Tidus and Rydia as my current only characters at level 50, none with their unique weapons and anything other then their default limit breaks. Which do you think would be best to set as my roaming warrior, who is most useful to other players?

Aeris probably. All the others have weak SB which only do damage. People will love to be able to silence/stop monsters. I'd say that Tidus is also useful for the potential Slow effect.

Razmos

Keeping the stamina shards in your item chest until you need a stamina recharge is a good idea :3

EDIT: LOL, never mind I guess.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think someone on reddit said to try and do a regular dungeon to trigger it.

LOL collecting them didn't refresh my stamina BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HAH SUCKKAAAA

I'm holding on to them, so that on the dungeon update I can pop them when it's 0 shards (e.g. 101/0), so the next dungeon with a shard will pop a refresh.

Got it all worked out man.

Tried to refill my stamina by using the ones they just gave to rectify the differences in the Japanese version. Doesn't refill. Fyi

I see you guys figured that out already

Falk

that puzzling face
Just got a piece of Mythril from the FFRK team too. I guess that was a reward also? Or maybe just an extra apology?

"dam, the stamina shard doesn't refill, better gift a free mythril which is == a stamina shard refill"

"but Jim, there are other players who are saving their stamina shard so that it goes from 0 to 4 shards and they'll get another free refill on top of the mythril which we just sent which isn't fair to the players who used the stamina shard and didn't get a refill but got the mythril we just sent"

"... SEND ANOTHER MYTHRIL AGAIN TO REMEDY THIS" (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom