• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
What if he wasn't rich? What if he has no money to pay for food this month now? D:

To add to the irony, I say this while I'm probably going to spend like 5x as much on Steam sales this week for games I'll never play than I ever will on FFRK.

He could be that guy you see at the street corner, passed out with a can of change next to him. And every evening, he scrounges together the money from the cup, and if it's not enough for an 11-pull, robs the local convenience store for the money in their cash register.

Saerk

Nooooooooooooo

I thought I was being clever by holding on to the 4 stones in the mail until I was out of stamina for the total stamina increase (and full refill). The stamina increased, but there was no refill.

:<<<

What??? Noooooooooo!!!!! That was my plan for my lunch break. Burned all my stamina farming orbs. Was going to take a stab at the boss rush when I had time to do something other than autobattle.

Roto13

What??? Noooooooooo!!!!! That was my plan for my lunch break. Burned all my stamina farming orbs. Was going to take a stab at the boss rush when I had time to do something other than autobattle.

The announcement was pretty clear. :p That's what the mythril was for.

Falk and the rest of us smart people are waiting until the new dungeons are out. Have zero shards, claim those four, get one from a dungeon and enjoy the free stamina recharge.

Negator

Falk and the rest of us smart people are waiting until the new dungeons are out. Have zero shards, claim those four, get one from a dungeon and enjoy the free stamina recharge.

Hey! I would have held off but they appeared in my box before I got that announcement! I'm smart, I swear! :(

I'm the real pro of all of this. I already had 0/5 shards. :D

StMeph

Apparently I really need to start reading announcements and notices...

Falk

that puzzling face
It's 4am, I'm 2/5 boss rush and waiting for stam and resisting the urge to pop a mythril for stam.

Why the heck did I start the boss rush at night lol.

Falk

that puzzling face
Huh, where do you live out of curiosity?

Boston

In Malaysia for business trip.

edit: This is so much easier than expected with friend summons. Almost more than makes up for not having Record Materia for guaranteed Firaja and Protega recharges per stage.

Wazzy

Banned
Ayyyy at the shards and extra Mythril. I already have one shard so will the 4 trigger a stamina refill? Or save then till I do a dungeon?

Ugh nvm it doesn't trigger it, I'll save it for an elite then.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hahahaha, three stages cleared, all 3 didn't refresh Phoenix with the Ethers.

GOD DAMNIT DENA

Might actually have to Mythril refresh on the 4th stage. Was planning 4 uses of Phoenix (have 2 uses base since I honed)

I wish that you could select a specific enemy when auto battling. Just click on the desired target and everyone will attack that enemy.

All these events and I still have classic dungeons and the majority of elites to finish. I only have 65 stamina. :(

I wanted to "save" the real game to enjoy slowly when it first came out. I had no idea there would be so much new content so quickly. Now I'm way behind. Better problem to have than the alternative of course but I'm tempted to burn mythril on stamina refreshes so I can try to catch up a little.

thedan001

wooo

mastered boss rush, no vit0 (awkward to set up for these bosses hitting super hard) and no mythril used

retaliate meta + pally cecil w/ shield friend summon and 2 intimidates on Tidus

adds just killed themselves to death!
(make sure to intimidate 1 add in Sinspawn Ammes so it wont die/mess up retaliate targeting to boss since adds respawn if all adds die)
I didnt use Cecil summon for Sinspawn Echuilles, just aoe'd adds down

Shahadan

I wish that you could select a specific enemy when auto battling. Just click on the desired target and everyone will attack that enemy.

All these events and I still have classic dungeons and the majority of elites to finish. I only have 65 stamina. :(

I wanted to "save" the real game to enjoy slowly when it first came out. I had no idea there would be so much new content so quickly. Now I'm way behind. Better problem to have than the alternative of course but I'm tempted to burn mythril on stamina refreshes so I can try to catch up a little.

1 mythril for stamina is sometimes better than 5 for some crap 3 star armor you maybe even won't use. Mythrils aren't that rare anyway. Also if you're behind you probably won't be able to clear all of the event anyway since enemies will be above your levels.

I'd say you should focus on doing dungeons to level up a bit and gain stamina shards, and try to get the two memory crystals from the event before it ends (you have time). After all those two crystals are the two most interesting/important things from this event and they're not really hard to get

wooo

mastered boss rush, no vit0 (awkward to set up for these bosses hitting super hard) and no mythril used

retaliate meta + pally cecil w/ shield friend summon and 2 intimidates on Tidus

adds just killed themselves to death!
(make sure to intimidate 1 add in Sinspawn Ammes so it wont die/mess up retaliate targeting to boss since adds respawn if all adds die)
I didnt use Cecil summon for Sinspawn Echuilles, just aoe'd adds down

I've been holding off on trying it. This Saturday is Non-Elemental Orb day, and I can get hone all of my breaks + intimidate another couple times.

Vorpal

I've been holding off on trying it. This Saturday is Non-Elemental Orb day, and I can get hone all of my breaks + intimidate another couple times.

Yeah, same here. I don't want to use vit0, so it's nice that these new dailies have been so productive for honing abilities. I've managed to max out Retaliate, Curaga, and bring three Double Cuts up to R4. My Breaks are all R1 except for an Armor Break at R2, so I'm focusing on those next, and considering bringing a second Retaliate to R2-3.

Have you been honing any spells or planning to use them on the boss rush? I can't decide where to start investing black orbs.

Falk

that puzzling face
Bahahah I blew a mythril because I couldn't be arsed waiting for the last 18 stam. I guess I can use the remainder to farm more power orbs though!

My secret weapon:

tCJpmNh.jpg

I had to resist the temptation to hone Syldra as well (10 summon 12 lightning 12 wind, all 4*) but regardless, I'm guaranteed to get one summon back per stage because of the Ether. Phoenix was preferable because of weaknesses (and the tentacles in stage 4 resist lightning), but eh, whatever.

That, alongside Bladeblitz and 2x Sephiroth friend summon basically let me AOE CRUNK through every stage's adds. Savescum till I AOE the mobs before they attack. Even stage 2. They respawn? No problem. Have another Bladeblitz + Summon. Adds dead, Retaliate the boss down (Intimidate helped a lot too). Wakka was holding some shitty ranged weapon for the head in stage 5 and had Boost and Intimidate - basically a true support bro.

I had 1 Phoenix, 1 Bladeblitz and 2 Sephiroth FS left on stage 4, blew everything except 1 Sephiroth to kill the tentacles, then I got ANOTHER Phoenix and Bladeblitz back from the Ether lol. (Otherwise I probably would have had to Mythril for enough AOE on the last boss)

p.s. Rydia is going to be an unstoppable Deity of Destructing Doomed Death with summoner record materia in a month.

edit: I also had an Ether restore 3 charges! Never seen that happen before. Or at least, the number 3 appeared over Lenna.

Yeah, same here. I don't want to use vit0, so it's nice that these new dailies have been so productive for honing abilities. I've managed to max out Retaliate, Curaga, and bring three Double Cuts up to R4. My Breaks are all R1 except for an Armor Break at R2, so I'm focusing on those next, and considering bringing a second Retaliate to R2-3.

Have you been honing any spells or planning to use them on the boss rush? I can't decide where to start investing black orbs.

I hone the shit out of my spells. My current list is something like:

Firaga - R5
Fira Strike - R4
Blizzaga - R4
Thundara - R4
Fira - R4
Blizzara - R3
Thundaga - R3

For boss rush, of all of these Fira Strike is the most useful and the one you want to bring. Having a high rank Fira Strike trivializes Geneaux. All you have to do is Armor Break him and give Cloud your strongest X weapon and Cloud will hit close to 9999 every time after Geneaux pops out of the ground. Just have your other guys do regular attacks against the body and ignore the tentacles, while making sure the body stays paralyzed and armor broken. IMO this is a way better strategy than going after the tentacles, those things take forever to kill.

If you use the Sentinel / Retaliate strategy on the first 2 bosses, adn the Fira Strike strategy on Geneaux, then a mage won't buy you much utility. But will still be useful on Gui because only a mage or a rankged attacker can reach the boss's ehad. So I'm planning on bringing my R5 Firaga and having Wakka and Terra take down the head while everyone else focuses on arms.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, Fira Strike is absurd against Geneaux. I didn't think of ignoring the tentacles though! Crunked them down before blowing Geneaux up.

It was a bit of a dicey choice, but in the end I gave Tidus Bladeblitz (he's pretty strong now!) instead of Cloud and it worked out.

Vorpal

Quake R2 or R3, Firaja R2 and Firaga R4-R5 are solid for boss rush

I hone the shit out of my spells. My current list is something like:

Firaga - R5
Fira Strike - R4
Blizzaga - R4
Thundara - R4
Fira - R4
Blizzara - R3
Thundaga - R3

For boss rush, of all of these Fira Strike is the most useful and the one you want to bring.

Thanks guys, I have a better sense for how to prep now. Cpp, a few pages back I saw you mention the utility of Fira Strike, so I brought that up to R3. I might have to push for R5 as well. I've always enjoyed setting Cloud up with Retaliate + Spellblade.

Also, holy crap those are some honed spells

Feels good getting so far in the Event Elite dungeon, just one more before the final two with bosses (probably can't handle those, though).

thedan001

If you use the Sentinel / Retaliate strategy on the first 2 bosses, adn the Fira Strike strategy on Geneaux, then a mage won't buy you much utility. But will still be useful on Gui because only a mage or a rankged attacker can reach the boss's ehad.

I used sentinel/reta combo for bosses 2 and 4, Chocobo Eater can be intimidated the entire time

Totally up to how you hone abilites. It really diversifies strategies, Falk even mastered it with a honed Phoenix

I used sentinel/reta combo for bosses 2 and 4, Chocobo Eater can be intimidated the entire time

Totally up to how you hone abilites. It really diversifies strategies, Falk even mastered it with a honed Phoenix

Ahh I didn't know what order they were in. Figured it would be the same as they were in the dungeons, but maybe not.

Falk

that puzzling face
They're in the same order, aren't they?

Chocobo Eater, respawning-adds guy, non-respawning-adds guy, underground guy, shifty head guy

If I could master Karnak Castle elite...I'd tell you all if having 4 shards from the Daryl's tomb bonus would repop stamina. Unfortunately I missed mastery again. Had 0 shards and now I have 4. I can see where they don't want to refresh stamina by getting the 4 that puts one over the top...but my 4 didn't put me over the top...so now if I can get 1 more shard....I'm hoping stamina will reset....a work around of sorts. I did get a Greater Dark Orb from my failed attempt...so that's good.

Razmos

Finally got around to playing FFVII for the first time because of this game.

I'm up to the part where Cloud and Aerith are running from the Turks. (The game defaulted her name to Aeris but I was having none of that)

FireVoa

How does the VIT0 strategy work? I know the gist of it using Wakka or Vanille but wanted the exact steps. Was going to do the last level of the Tidus event before boss rush and wanted to use this strat on Sinspawn Gui.

thedan001

Finally got around to playing FFVII for the first time because of this game.

I'm up to the part where Cloud and Aerith are running from the Turks. (The game defaulted her name to Aeris but I was having none of that)

Oh man, enjoy the ride! Yes, the game aged badly but the game is iconic to most

How does the VIT0 strategy work? I know the gist of it using Wakka or Vanille but wanted the exact steps. Was going to do the last level of the Tidus event before boss rush and wanted to use this strat on Sinspawn Gui.

I recommend the friend summon SB route for first timers, makes it simpler

1) cast protect on boss
2) summon Vanille/Wakka's SB (I recommend Vanille, her debuff lasts long enough to exploit 3 turns)
3) cast protect on boss again
4) wail away, boost+retaliate with double cuts to maximize damage output

to vit0 again with 2nd summon on same boss (if it somehow hasnt died yet)
then skip step 1 and repeat process

same applies to magic with shell instead of protect and mental breakdown or deshell
I also recommend trying it out the mechanic then S/L for another attempt, you will retain friend summons

edit: If you plan on using retaliate with vit0 which is the norm, this is the order

1) cast protect on boss
2) summon Vanille/Wakka's SB (I recommend Vanille, her debuff lasts long enough to exploit 3 turns)
3) while summoning Vanilla/Wakka, use retaliate/boost
3) cast protect on boss again when summoning cast bar is almost full
4) wail away with double cut to retaliate user

double edit: I just realized you are thinking about vit0 on sinspawn gui, I would definitely have some form of mitigation as the boss can knock out your units in 2 hits, protectga or Tyro's shield grimoire if you have it, outhealing with 1 healer isn't gonna work well especially if you don't kill off the head

Welp, spent yesterday and today farming mythril and did my third 11 pull on this banner and 2 more single pulls. Three 4*, rest 3*. Oh well, I'll get you next time Dark Sword/Lustrous Shield.
Also, that stupid Black Cowl should be removed from the draw pool. I've gotten 2 off of this banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom