• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
They come in the same update.

And getting FFXI or FFXIV gear instead would proooobably have the opposite effect too.

give you FFX-2 gear instead rofl

I blew my mythril load. Spent 100 on the new banner pull because I just wanted that Sephiroth sword so badly. I walked away with a 5 star Gaia Blade on one pull and a 5 star Golden Spear on the other. Could've gone worse. Both pulls also gave me 3-4 4 star items and the rest were 3 stars.

I'm posting a pic of my inventory stash to show what Rare weapons I've been granted (or upgraded). I should feel good about my luck so far... but honestly I really don't. I don;t know why this damn game has this effect on me!!!!!

11391593_10153951905723989_8228423784287174579_n.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What's funny is that all of us spam 11-pulls all the time, and in reality, doing 50-stam refreshes to farm more orbs to better hone our skills would be far more useful in making a stronger team. This is especially true now that we have roaming warriors and because the meta is switching to magic-focused.

commish

I blew my mythril load. Spent 100 on the new banner pull because I just wanted that Sephiroth sword so badly. I walked away with a 5 star Gaia Blade on one pull and a 5 star Golden Spear on the other. Could've gone worse. Both pulls also gave me 3-4 4 star items and the rest were 3 stars.

I'm posting a pic of my inventory stash to show what Rare weapons I've been granted (or upgraded). I should feel good about my luck so far... but honestly I really don't. I don;t know why this damn game has this effect on me!!!!!

11391593_10153951905723989_8228423784287174579_n.jpg

Everyone: "Man, my luck sucks, I keep getting 3* pulls."

This guy: "Hey everyone! Look at all my 5* items! And man, I'm still so disappointed!!!"

/gaf

thedan001

What's funny is that all of us spam 11-pulls all the time, and in reality, doing 50-stam refreshes to farm more orbs to better hone our skills would be far more useful in making a stronger team. This is especially true now that we have roaming warriors and because the meta is switching to magic-focused.

The allure of 5* soul breaks!

Everyone: "Man, my luck sucks, I keep getting 3* pulls."

This guy: "Hey everyone! Look at all my 5* items! And man, I'm still so disappointed!!!"

/gaf

LMAO!!! That's the point I'm trying to make. No matter what I get I still feel empty and hollow. It's a terrible curse of a game mechanic.

Falk

that puzzling face

I think as shitty as the rates are, there's a balance point that you'd reach first.

Like, In the first two weeks, every 3* is an upgrade

Right now, 4* items for certain synergies are still ace upgrades.

But yes, for most launch/longterm players, you're absolutely right, although it'll also taper off in the other direction when you come close to maxing out 3* abilities. Not only are the r4-5 hones half an order of magnitude harder than the initial creation, 4* are almost an order of magnitude slower to farm than 3*, stamwise.

It's actually not hard to get 5* items if you hang on to your 3* ones and combine them.

It's pretty hard to roll 3 of the same 4* though, and he's got 4 instances! Secret subliminal message.

commish

LMAO!!! That's the point I'm trying to make. No matter what I get I still feel empty and hollow. It's a terrible curse of a game mechanic.

I'm just giving you a hard time :) I personally don't think gear matters so much, at least not compared to abilities. But it's fun to pull for the uber weapons for our favorite characters.

It's actually not hard to get 5* items if you hang on to your 3* ones and combine them.

This is also true, the only legit 5 star pulls on that pic are :
2 Danjuros
Gaia Blade
Golden Spear

That's four actual 5 star pulls over the course of whats added up to around 300 mythril (total guesstimate). So, it really kinda bums me out. Especially when I see other gaffers post pics that show three 5 star relics on their single 11 pull. :(

thedan001

And getting FFXI or FFXIV gear instead would proooobably have the opposite effect too.

give you FFX-2 gear instead rofl

2016: "I 11-pulled and all I got were a bunch of crappy 3* FFX-2 gear instead of Mandau or Kirin's Osode :("

Calling it: FFXI/FFXIV relics will be 6 stars because SE

This is also true, the only legit 5 star pulls on that pic are :
2 Danjuros
Gaia Blade
Golden Spear

That's four actual 5 star pulls over the course of whats added up to around 300 mythril (total guesstimate). So, it really kinda bums me out. Especially when I see other gaffers post pics that show three 5 star relics on their single 11 pull. :(

And then some people have pulled that much and have 0 native 5* to show

Got Masamune and Blitz Sword. Not too bad. That gives me a 7* Blitz Sword after upgrading. Also got another Gravity Rod which gets me to ++, which I'm super stoked about since it's an amazing rod.

Was hoping for an Enhancer, but I'll have to stop here.

Balphon

Yeah, that's... wow. Okay, closing that tab post-haste.

I still get a little salty every time I see or hear about someone else pulling an Enhancer, lol. Congratulations to you guys who did, though!
And, uh, could you give me your friend codes?

Enhancer is still easily both my highest Attack and highest Magic weapon.

Still feels odd to equip it to someone other than Terra.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm still deciding if I should combine the two blitz swords I have or wait until VIII event to have a backup weapon ready.

B.K.

Do we have any idea what's in the next banner? I've got 50 Mythril and I really want to do an 11 pull, but I don't like this banner.

Vorpal

I put some mythril into the banner because I really want an Enhancer, or even a Tyro book. Nothin' but 3*, alas, so now I'm taking my mythril back to stamina refreshes for Daily farming and acting like these banners don't exist.

Balphon

Do we have any idea what's in the next banner? I've got 50 Mythril and I really want to do an 11 pull, but I don't like this banner.

I'd imagine some combination of 5* character items that have been in previous banners and haven't reappeared yet.

Off the top of my head, that's:

Giant's Gloves
Blood Lance
Ice Whip
Healing Staff
Runic Blade
Kiku-Ichimonji
Rising Sun
Buster Sword
Grand Glove
Guard Stick
Brotherhood
Binding Rod

Be odd to have Brotherhood in two banners but there's only 11 items without it.

thedan001

I'd imagine some combination of 5* character items that have been in previous banners and haven't reappeared yet.

Off the top of my head, that's:

Giant's Gloves
Blood Lance
Ice Whip
Healing Staff
Runic Blade
Kiku-Ichimonji
Rising Sun
Buster Sword
Grand Glove
Guard Stick
Brotherhood
Binding Rod

Be odd to have Brotherhood in two banners but there's only 11 items without it.

JP had these SBfest, and included Snow's coat, Luneth's sword, Warrior of Light's star shaped sword

Count on these to appear too

thedan001

I've done my research for 5 mage teams

Yuna is definitely top tier and one of the favorite healers
She isn't too far off, probably August

White magic 5
Summoning 5
Support 3
Relic pull weapon SB is aoe holy

so early mage meta team should be Vivi, Terra, Rinoa, Yuna and Tyro

Why Tyro? gonna need someone to cast abilities that mages typically cant use, such as intimidate/protectga/shield grimoire so you can still use Red XIII/etc friend SB

Nohar

Got Sentinel Grimoire. I guess I can't complain (I still don't like Tyro because of his horrendous stats, but with a SB so useful I can't argue, time to level him up since he was stuck at level 36). Got a 4*+ Gladius and 4*+ Hammerhead too. FFIX and FFXII dungeons can't come soon enough. Really wish I got Enhancer though...

Goodbye my Mythril, I will miss ye.

I'm also very much full with 140 inventory capacity.

Roto13

Have 99 quests completed. Did all of the dungeon quests. Aside from the impossible ones (creating Holy, etc.), I have the following quests left:

Hone:

Thunder Strike
Blizzard Strike
Mental Break
Magic Break
Armor Break

All because I ran out of orbs, and:

Leveling:

FF1 (50)
FF2 (50)
FF13 (50)

I could spend growth eggs on those last three but I don't want to.

Roto13

I've gone over the limit a couple of times by a couple of items...surprised that would happen and the spend money bar didn't automatically open. How long can one be over the limit?

Until you try to do a floor/claim an item/do a gacha pull carrying more than your limit.

Macnair

Have 99 quests completed. Did all of the dungeon quests. Aside from the impossible ones (creating Holy, etc.), I have the following quests left:

Hone:

Thunder Strike
Blizzard Strike
Mental Break
Magic Break
Armor Break

Leveling:

FF1 (50)
FF2 (50)
FF13 (50)

It's hard to do those break quests due to how limited non-elemental orbs are. Do we have daily dungeon for that?

Falk

that puzzling face

Hone:

Thunder Strike
Blizzard Strike
Mental Break
Magic Break
Armor Break

Leveling:

FF1 (50)
FF2 (50)
FF13 (50)

Pretty much in the same boat except I have lv50 FFXIII. Also would need to start levelling Luneth so it pops the moment the quests for FFIII are readded.

Falk

that puzzling face
Anyone have the link handy giving a run down of the sentinel / retaliate strategy for boss rush? I can't find it anymore

You just friend summon pala cecil turn 1, then retaliate the next turn. Because all the adds do only physical attacks (not necessarily melee), you get a shit ton of free attacks. If you i.e. Armor Break the boss to begin with, all the retaliate counters hit the boss, meaning the adds help you kill him faster, saving action turns AND damage taken.

Makes 2/3/4 (your choice of two, recommend 2 and 4) ezpz.

edit: Oh you wanted the link, here it is

Falk

that puzzling face
I recommend this one, the most simple and easiest imo

Boss Rush shield Cecil + retaliate method

He posted his strategy in comments section btw

I don't really understand why you'd retaliate before taunt. You aren't going to be getting free attacks until both are up anyway, and better the adds hit a guy who's tanky and has 40% DEF buff and is a single target to heal than all over the place.

edit: I guess if you don't really have a good ret weapon, you'd want to maximize how many free attacks you get because Lustrous Shield is limited duration, but the event does give you a 3*++.

Oh well, there's always savescum if one method's better than the other.

Razmos

Paging Hours Left!
The Lulu event started in JP. Lulu's MAG at level 65 is 159, so she is tied with Vivi and at least 11 points higher than anybody else. She also has slightly more HP (3667 vs 3365), same DEF and less RES than Vivi.
She has a relic weapon Magical Mog, with SB T-Firaga which is a triple Firaga; as well as a relic armor Lulu's Hairpin, with SB Focus which raises MAG and RES for the whole party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom