• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

Thanks guys, I have a better sense for how to prep now. Cpp, a few pages back I saw you mention the utility of Fira Strike, so I brought that up to R3. I might have to push for R5 as well. I've always enjoyed setting Cloud up with Retaliate + Spellblade.

Also, holy crap those are some honed spells

Fira Strike is only slightly stronger than Fire Strike, but every little bit helps given how high these bosses' defense stats are getting.

thedan001

Welp, spent yesterday and today farming mythril and did my third 11 pull on this banner and 2 more single pulls. Three 4*, rest 3*. Oh well, I'll get you next time Dark Sword/Lustrous Shield.
Also, that stupid Black Cowl should be removed from the draw pool. I've gotten 2 off of this banner.

Honestly, Lustrous Shield is overrated, only useful as a friend summon while retaliate meta era. If you are a fan of Cecil, then :(

And yet I still won't ever have enough lesser power orbs :'[

Word

B.K.

Is there a better place than Vector Elite to level outside of the EXP daily dungeon? I wish EXP was in the daily dungeons twice a week, like Gil is.

My Firaja is at 3. Spell can be a bit overkill, but its glorious.

You ran out of fire orbs? Damn, I still have truck full left after that previous event that was dishing multiples of them on the boss.

Teiran

Hey, the new banner is up! Let's see if they put anything good i-

>Enhancer

oh dear god okay here we go

The other three are Masamune and Tyro's two Grimoires.

Honestly, Lustrous Shield is overrated, only useful as a friend summon while retaliate meta era. If you are a fan of Cecil, then :(
Yeah, it's mostly the latter. FFIV is my favourite in the series, so I'm interested in FFIV soul break gear especially.

edit: Did a 100 gem pull on the new banner and got the Kaiser Knuckles. At least I've got some XIII synergy gear now.

Reached a hurdle with the Firaja elite in the Tidus event. I can beat it, but not without drastically depleting my abilities. I've got:

Tidus (51) / Fencing Saber++, Mystery Veil, Durable Power Wristband / Dark Buster (2), Armor Break (4)
Cloud (50) / Buster Sword, Emerald Shield, Hyper Wrist / Blizzard Strike (4), Armor Break (2)
Wakka (50) / Danjuro, Crusader Mask++, Hyper Wrist / Double Cut (4), Intimidate (6)
Rinoa (46) / Light Rod, Crusader Cuirass++, Angel Wings / Comet (4), Firaga (6)
Vanille (45) / Judgment Staff, Gaia Vest, Angel Ring / Curaga (10), Cura (8)

Should I be taking a different approach for Sinspawn Ammes and Echuilles? Just switch to retaliate and go to town after I get Ammes paralyzed and there's one spawn left?

Hey hey, a masamune for me and a 4* wizard armless x! Not bad. The other two pulls were a flame shield iv (yuck)and a storm staff xii, already have one. What is the point of having a staff have an elemental add, since the mag will be lower than a rod. Very confusing

My two 5 star weapons are the masamune and the giant gloves. Talk about no versatility in character use there. Oh well, better than nothing. And far better than what I've been getting lately.

thedan001

X8r1voel.jpg

50 mythril 11-pull, I'm pleased

When that update comes out with SB unlock, my Tyro will be able to shield or heal-all with any weapon, which is nice!
Also, freebie quake/protectga

EDIT: obligatory Healing Grimoire didn't cost me $3000

Reached a hurdle with the Firaja elite in the Tidus event. I can beat it, but not without drastically depleting my abilities. I've got:

Tidus (51) / Fencing Saber++, Mystery Veil, Durable Power Wristband / Dark Buster (2), Armor Break (4)
Cloud (50) / Buster Sword, Emerald Shield, Hyper Wrist / Blizzard Strike (4), Armor Break (2)
Wakka (50) / Danjuro, Crusader Mask++, Hyper Wrist / Double Cut (4), Intimidate (6)
Rinoa (46) / Light Rod, Crusader Cuirass++, Angel Wings / Comet (4), Firaga (6)
Vanille (45) / Judgment Staff, Gaia Vest, Angel Ring / Curaga (10), Cura (8)

Should I be taking a different approach for Sinspawn Ammes and Echuilles? Just switch to retaliate and go to town after I get Ammes paralyzed and there's one spawn left?

Swap comet for quake, save quake for the last battle to take out all three adds at the same time. Dump cura for boost. Retaliate. Dump one armor break for blade blitz to clear trash or help in the last battle, I saved two uses for the last.

Red Mage

Did my 100, got a diamond bracelet. *shrug*

Dunno if I should do my 11 here or wait for the next one. Need 15 more for a second pull.

If I could master Karnak Castle elite...I'd tell you all if having 4 shards from the Daryl's tomb bonus would repop stamina. Unfortunately I missed mastery again. Had 0 shards and now I have 4. I can see where they don't want to refresh stamina by getting the 4 that puts one over the top...but my 4 didn't put me over the top...so now if I can get 1 more shard....I'm hoping stamina will reset....a work around of sorts. I did get a Greater Dark Orb from my failed attempt...so that's good.

Mastered Karnak this time. Was at 100 no shards. Then 100 four shards. Mastery shard reset my stamina. Looks like everyone who had shards got screwed with no automatic refill.

Teiran

11-pulled, one rainbow orb, anxiously tap through the rest of the pull...

Oh man, it's a sword; no way, did this actually work--

It's a Masamune. Oh, all right.

11-pulled, one rainbow orb, anxiously tap through the rest of the pull...

Oh man, it's a sword; no way, did this actually work--

It's a Masamune. Oh, all right.

Same except Murasame. I think prefer Murasame for the shared SB, we'll see.

actually i think murasame is better since they share VII synergy and seph will wear the better of the two, oh well

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I think i'm done with this piece of shit game.

They need to adjust the way 11 pulls work. It's bullshit to save up 100 Mythril, then do 2 11 pulls and only get 4, 4* items out of all of it.

It's fucking bullshit, and it's not worth the headaches of playing it.

That's 22 pulls, 82% of them 3* shit, 18% 4* and 0% 5*.

I've only gotten 1 5* pull, and I started on launch day

The Gaia Blade looks cool. Good weapon for Terra.

They need to adjust the way 11 pulls work. It's bullshit to save up 100 Mythril, then do 2 11 pulls and only get 4, 4* items out of all of it.

That's 22 pulls, 82% of them 3* shit.
I know your pain. If the game isn't enjoyable for you then you should definitely drop it, but don't let the immediate frustration of some bad pulls sway you. I've been down that road before. (4 times.)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I know your pain. If the game isn't enjoyable for you then you should definitely drop it, but don't let the immediate frustration of some bad pulls sway you. I've been down that road before. (4 times.)

I have 1 5* to show from 200 Mythril.

That's 22 pulls, 82% of them 3* shit, 18% 4* and 0% 5*.

Then you read posts on reddit of people who got a 5* on both 100 gems pull so far and shit like that. RNG can be cruel to some... I did a few 11 pull that were shit. I am frustrated with my RNG luck but I guess that I love the game enough to keep playing because I enjoy it again once the bitter taste of shit pulls is gone (which is quickly now that I got use to it).

Road

I have 1 5* to show from 200 Mythril.

Don't feel bad. My first 11 pull and it was unsurprisingly terrible:

Wrong Enhancer. Wrong FFVII weapon. Another fucking FFV bow. Staves! FFXII Equipment!!

el oh el

At least I'll make a fake 5* out of that FFVI Myhtril Mail. Yay?

*cherishes Danjuro as the only 5* relic draw*

Suikoguy

Yep, more evidence it needs to change.
You don't keep people playing when some have really good luck, and others have luck that defies odds the other way.

I would shrug it off, but the content keeps getting harder to the point where if you were fucked with draws, you simply can't complete the content.

Oh, and to top it all off? They fixed VIT0 in the JP version.

Wazzy

Banned
The only thing I really wish they would change is the cost of an 11 pull. If they brought it to $20 instead it would be a lot more enticing to pay for them.

But otherwise you've gotta expect bad pulls more so than good. I obviously was very lucky with my VIII pulls but otherwise I haven't pulled any other SB's other than Rinoa's and I'm generally in the 4 and 3* pulls with the exception of my Tidus banner pull where I was lucky to get the Bracer.

StMeph

These games have always been based on whales. The RNG is a part of that. It's never going to change until there's a major sea change in the market or how much people pay into these games.

Roto13

The actual drop rate of 5* relics is something like 1/20. So the average should be one every 100 mythril.

One for 200 mythril isn't that against the odds.

thedan001

It's interesting

IMO the issue is the FF brand into a gatcha mobile game when past FF games taught you to seek out best equipment/spells/summons (Knights of the Round, Ultima Weapon, Excalibur, Zodiark, etcetc)

It's frustrating especially for those die-hard FF fans that played the series traditionally and expect to get endgame gear

Now FFRK: the final boss for best gear is rng and only can be defeated by throwing mythril/money at it

Really wish it would be adjusted for the better, I'm also part of "11 pull all 3*" club a couple times

Balphon

Wait Squall is definitely next or is it Shinra?

How so? Everything I've seen shows he's pretty good, especially with his later relics.

I don't know if he's better than existing characters but he isn't bad.

I think with the rate that he seems to gets new stuff he'll end up being great, but right out of the gate he looks like a worse version of Cloud.

Though I suppose that's better than a lot of melee characters so far.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yep, more evidence it needs to change.
You don't keep people playing when some have really good luck, and others have luck that defies odds the other way.

I would shrug it off, but the content keeps getting harder to the point where if you were fucked with draws, you simply can't complete the content.

Oh, and to top it all off? They fixed VIT0 in the JP version.

I think I am the poster child for f'd up pulls. I've lost count of how many 3* items I have. But the game gives you so many free pulls, I can't really complain too much. Paying $30 and getting 3 star is a far, far more frustrating feeling.

I'm about to do my 11 pull. Here comes a bunch of 3 star!

Wazzy

Banned
I think with the rate that he seems to gets new stuff he'll end up being great, but right out of the gate he looks like a worse version of Cloud.

Though I suppose that's better than a lot of melee characters so far.
Ah that's fair. I know he's apparently the second character to get the level increase along with Cloud so that might be a reason to keep him in mind too plus two of his SB's are pretty great(as long as you can actually get them lol) but yeah I know he's similar to Cloud.

Falk

that puzzling face
VIT0 PATCHED!

I guess they were sick of giving bosses protect/shell immunity every time. :V

edit: On JP I mean.

edit2: beaten

Road

The actual drop rate of 5* relics is something like 1/20. So the average should be one every 100 mythril.

One for 200 mythril isn't that against the odds.

The actual drop rate of 5* should be 1/10 unless the algorithm is a loaded die, and that's what the average should be. =P

People who have one 5* out of 40 pulls are simply unlucky. At best, they went 20 pulls without a 5*, which puts them in a 12% probability. At worst, they have 39 pulls without 5*, which is a 1.6% probability.

Someone needs to make a list of all upcoming equipment from event rewards so I know if I should keep any of these 3* uselessness. =P

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think I am the poster child for f'd up pulls. I've lost count of how many 3* items I have. But the game gives you so many free pulls, I can't really complain too much. Paying $30 and getting 3 star is a far, far more frustrating feeling.

I'm about to do my 11 pull. Here comes a bunch of 3 star!

Yup, true to form, 10 3* items and 1 4* item. I'm pretty sure I'm leading the pack in three star items from pulls. I don't even get annoyed anymore. It's to be expected.

Balphon

Ah that's fair. I know he's apparently the second character to get the level increase along with Cloud so that might be a reason to keep him in mind too plus two of his SB's are pretty great(as long as you can actually get them lol) but yeah I know he's similar to Cloud.

Yeah, he'll no doubt be a certified badass if you can get one of those later SB weapons.

And given your luck with FFVIII draws I'm sure you will.

My $1 draw got my a 4 star dagger which got me somewhat excited

And then I realized it was a FFXII weapon

image.php

Hey man, those paintings are coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom