• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elty

That sounds like really bad luck. Are you quitting via the pause and flee option?

No, because I don't know when does the drop happen (is it at the beginning of the dying animation, or the end?)

edit: finally get a whip at 10th tries, so it is nearly the end and would be difficult to time if it doesn't drop anything)

DeviantBoi

Okay, I'm around level 19 with the starting party: Tidus, Warrior, me, White Mage, and Black Mage.

What level should be okay for getting Sephiroth?

And are there any overpowered characters?

Is magic really necessary? I'm auto battling most of the fights.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got my ass absolutely handed to me on the first flying boss. Levels 21-24.

Guess I need to farm more stuff to hone Thundara, Rydia (level 24) used every charge and it wasn't enough to kill the boss. Tried to keep battling with the harp and whip, but it wasn't enough.

elty

Okay, I'm around level 19 with the starting party: Tidus, Warrior, me, White Mage, and Black Mage.

What level should be okay for getting Sephiroth?

And are there any overpowered characters?

Is magic really necessary? I'm auto battling most of the fights.

Get Cloud, Tifa and Wakka, level them a bit. Farm all FF7 equipment.

Just started the game last night, but I managed to get Tifa with my highest character only level 11. I feel like I wasn't really supposed to win that fight at my levels. I literally had only Tidus left standing and you couldn't even seen his health bar when I landed the killing blow on the boss, because he was so close to dying.

This game.....It's got its hooks in me a lot deeper than I thought it possibly could. I'm now furiously leveling my crew so I can get Sephiroth before this event ends.

Guess I need to farm more stuff to hone Thundara, Rydia (level 24) used every charge and it wasn't enough to kill the boss. Tried to keep battling with the harp and whip, but it wasn't enough.

The first flying boss only took 3 thundaras in the 1700~ range. If you're using Kain, jump helps a lot here too. Also farm FF7 gear. It easy modes the dungeon.

Althane

As far as I know, don't use the whip when fighting the flying bosses. You want as much magic damage as you can, so pump it up with rods/harp on Rydia. I murdered the flying boss with Rydia at level 23, and 2 charges of Thundara (and 1-2 shots of Thunder), so you should be fine.

As far as I know, don't use the whip when fighting the flying bosses. You want as much magic damage as you can, so pump it up with rods/harp on Rydia. I murdered the flying boss with Rydia at level 23, and 2 charges of Thundara (and 1-2 shots of Thunder), so you should be fine.

Whip DOES increase magic, Rydia can't use harps.

Elite Ant Lion is kicking my ass.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

The only reason I was using the whip was because Rydia ran out of Thundara and it was one of the only things that could still connect and do damage. I'm not sure why my 4 charges didn't do as much damage as your two charges though, since my Rydia was level 24. I'll see about changing out her equipment to try to raise her magic stat as high as possible.

Althane

Whip DOES increase magic, Rydia can't use harps.

Elite Ant Lion is kicking my ass.

Fair enough, I haven't seen the whip. I've been using rods, Ryida has 108 magic with the latest Rod I've given her.

Edit: Rydia's Thundara is doing ~3.5k to enemies that are weak to lightning, she's now level 24.

After he dies and drops the item so that you can tell whether the drop is an orb or a chest. Be quick or else you'll exit the whole dungeon. Sometimes he doesn't drop anything. After a few tries you should be familiar with the animation and the right timing to quite.

Just tried 10 times... There is no difference, his drops are definitely predetermined... At least on Android. Maybe it's different on ios?

Decided that I'm going to farm the hell out of the FF7 dungeon today. Hard might as well be super easy with 3 FF7 characters, and at 6k XP a win (plus bonuses) and armor upgrade materials... It's a great time for these dailies.

JPS Kai

Four relic draws so far and nothing over 3*. At least I got a mythril armlet (VII) so that'll help out going through shinra tower.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Decided that I'm going to farm the hell out of the FF7 dungeon today. Hard might as well be super easy with 3 FF7 characters, and at 6k XP a win (plus bonuses) and armor upgrade materials... It's a great time for these dailies.

Yeah, pretty much just want to level Seph and Tifa so this seems the best way to do it, for the day anyway. Bonus Mythril equipment is nice, too. I'm to the point where I'm full upgraded with all the equipment I currently want and am just selling off all the upgrade materials.

Antlion is being a turd, seven battles today, seven orbs.

I guess I'll just continue in the event stage until I hit a wall (if I hit a wall, heh).

Ashodin

Use the flee battle option when the drop isn't a treasure chest. Once Kain disappears the drop should appear. If it's an orb or nothing, quickly pause and flee so that you can re-enter the battle again with wasting stamina on those 1 stamina battles. I think I got my second whip this way. No harm trying.

Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread I think.

One more whip drop and I'm done.

EDIT:

It does work. Got my third whip. First try was an orb, second try was an orb with gil and the third was the whip:p
Oh so it does work? Great!

200gil for a daily reward? are you serious brehs
camby.png

Meier

Shinra Tower has kept me preoccupied for the past day or two. I am now on Floor 56 -- these stamina waits are brutal!

Caerith

Question for anyone who plays the JP version. There's a list of events over on the Chrysalis wiki, but only two events are listed twice (both saying "Reissue"). Does this mean those are the only events that repeated, or that those events got reset so you could re-earn the rewards?

Mostly just want to know when (or if) this Shinra event will repeat.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Aw yeah, I just beat Rufus and got Sephiroth. I had to reset-scum a bit on Rufus to please the RNG gods until I got him blinded with Dark Attack, but it's all good.

I was severely under leveled for this event and wasn't even planning on playing it beyond grabbing Tifa, but then I kept at it while following tips from the thread (equip an harp on Tyro, Rydia with honed Thundara, blinding Rufus, etc). I've also been combining and upgrading my gear, that helped a lot. Feels goodman.

Anyone know of any way to farm mythril? I cleared the story paintings, got the elites left and the last 20 floors in Shinra... mythril seems pretty scarce after that

Is mythril a finite resource or can it be farmed in say dailies or other events? Can it randomly drop?

Althane

Ooooo... The 4* light rod from the elite dungeon brings my Rydia's Magic to 121!

Is that not White Mage only? I tried to equip it to Rydia, but couldn't see it in the equip screen, even though it's not equipped to anyone.

Edit: rVSr, mythil is gained every 5 days. So, one draw once a month. More mythril will be easily gained as new events and dungeons are released, but until then, you'll cap out around 50 mythril from the game, and then 1 every 5 days.

Anyone know of any way to farm mythril? I cleared the story paintings, got the elites left and the last 20 floors in Shinra... mythril seems pretty scarce after that

Is mythril a finite resource or can it be farmed in say dailies or other events? Can it randomly drop?
It is finite beyond the daily rewards, you'll just have to wait for the next dungeons (or event).

elty

Is that not White Mage only? I tried to equip it to Rydia, but couldn't see it in the equip screen, even though it's not equipped to anyone.

Edit: rVSr, mythil is gained every 5 days. So, one draw once a month. More mythril will be easily gained as new events and dungeons are released, but until then, you'll cap out around 50 mythril from the game, and then 1 every 5 days.
There is a light staff from ff7 elite, and a light rod from ff4 elite.

Althane

There is a light staff from ff7 elite, and a light rod from ff4 elite.

Derp. Thanks.

I dunno why this game is making me derp so hard. The variety of equipment is hard for me to track, I guess.

Edit: 1 per 5 days is pretty decent for IAP generation, as far as these games go.

Edit: 1 per 5 days is pretty decent for IAP generation, as far as these games go.

Yeah it seems like they front load you with mythril with no intent of telling you its about to dry up so you get used to using it. Dastardly, really.

I'd pay $50-60 upfront to do away with stamina (or cut its charge time in half or something to that effect), but as it is I don't see myself paying them anything.

Meier

Dang, boss of Shinra level 60 requires ranged attacks or magic. I had 2 thundara's loaded.. and that's it. Lol. Used a mythril to fill up for this batch of floors too. Son of a bitch! :|

johnsmith

remember me
Dang, boss of Shinra level 60 requires ranged attacks or magic. I had 2 thundara's loaded.. and that's it. Lol. Used a mythril to fill up for this batch of floors too. Son of a bitch! :|
Never ever ever ever ever ever use Mythril to fill your stamina or heal.

Never ever ever ever ever x 1,000,000

Althane

I would really like to sort by game. Would make things a lot easier.

Heck, given the importance of record synergy, and the fact that team building is less about raw stats, and more about getting that synergy going, being able to filter by game, and better organize by game would be nice.

Yaari

I finished my Whip, did all 3 difficulties of the daily, and now wondering if I should get back into the Shinra event or continue the daily. I guess my gear can use some levels. My Buster Sword is still not maxed out yet.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I finished my Whip, did all 3 difficulties of the daily, and now wondering if I should get back into the Shinra event or continue the daily. I guess my gear can use some levels. My Buster Sword is still not maxed out yet.

Grind the daily. Good EXP on hard + you'll need to stash that adamantite to be able to upgrade everything you get this week. Gil daily tomorrow so you'll actually have the money to do it.

Althane

Just on the topic of Mythril, if this is someone's first game, this is something to think about:

FFRK generates 1 Mythril per 5 days, which equates to about 1 rare draw per month.

Brave Frontier ensures 1 gem per week and, after 25 days of consistent login, offers an approximately 1 in 9 chance of getting a gem per day (don't know how true that is in practice, but it's presented as 1 in 9 chance).

Puzzle and Dragons has no guaranteed stone reward, but does have events every so often that will provide 5-10 stones over the course of one or two weeks.

Fable Age provided gems once a week as well.

So, all in all, it's fairly standard.

Some typical pieces of advice with IAP:

1) Don't use it to refill stamina, ever.
2) Don't use it to retry dungeons after you've died. You died once, you're likely to die again.
2) Don't use it to expand box space unless completely necessary. Box space is a luxury, and only once you've started filling up rows with items/cards you're going to keep should you expand.

Edit: And yes, as Pixy says, Terra Battle gives 5 energy per week.

Terra Battle is awesome.

Probably, but I gots a spoiled by Lord God Terra Battle.

My plan is to use daily reward Mythril to slowly pump my inventory to about 200, then store for pulls if I'm still playing.

Roto13

I've got to start managing my inventory better. Seems like I have to sell stuff every other time I head into a dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom