• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorpal

As far as I know Tyro is the only one able to wield those.

I think you're right, although I'd be very ok with getting a Scholar.

a3xey9U.jpg

Nohar

Since I got the Sentinel Grimoire, it seems I'm gonna have to level him and add him to my team. Everyone praises that SB, so I guess it will be worth it.

That being said, I'm broke. The Gil festival can't come soon enough.

18.png

19.png

20.png

If you want to see the details about each 5* use this link: https://ffrk.denagames.com/dff/static/lang/ww/compile/en/image/gacha_series/promotion_image/1801.png

Change the last part to 1802, 1803...; 1901, 1902...; 2001, 2002...

Cloud is getting his second soul break with Hardedge: Cross Slash.

I was happy with the new daily dungeons until this. Saturday was the "do whatever" day because I very rarely need gil, now it's the "must get non-elemental orbs" day.

Now I'll feel like wasting stamina clearing content instead of farming orbs except for Sunday and Friday. /firstworldproblem

Friday is the do nothing day now. Dark and Holy are the least useful of the orbs

Red Mage

So the dungeons coming tonight, do we get Mythril for any of the stages? Not trying to be greedy, just wondering if we get more stamina refills for them or not.

I hope new dungeons will come very soon, especially the FFXII ones. I have perfect weapons for this one, and I'm actually happy to have them (Hammerhead 4*+, Trident 4*, Diamond Sword 4*, Storm Spear 3*++, too many staves, and a Power Rod 3*, though that last one probably won't be as good as Vanille's Binding Rod).

I'm ready for FF12, lol...

Mc4qqPul.jpg

Zero weapons for FF7, but a truckload for a realm that's never been released. Crazy RNG.

Pejo

Wait Squall is definitely next or is it Shinra?

How so? Everything I've seen shows he's pretty good, especially with his later relics.

I don't know if he's better than existing characters but he isn't bad.

I like the idea of keeping a fully effective back-row party for grinding out dailies. With Squall's gunblade, he could join my Rising Sun Locke and Official Ballz Wakka. Really wish I'd have gotten Rinoa's Valkyrie.

Vorpal

I like the idea of keeping a fully effective back-row party for grinding out dailies. With Squall's gunblade, he could join my Rising Sun Locke and Official Ballz Wakka. Really wish I'd have gotten Rinoa's Valkyrie.

Might as well throw in Lenna with a bow as well.

So with two Healing Grimoires and a Guard Stick in my inventory, I'm covered for healers. That said, which event is my best bet for using 50 mythril with the goal of getting some weapons that will give me some raw power?

Falk

that puzzling face
Wait Squall is definitely next or is it Shinra?

How so? Everything I've seen shows he's pretty good, especially with his later relics.

I don't know if he's better than existing characters but he isn't bad.

It's ok, Irvine will make anyone look good so just stand next to him.

So with two Healing Grimoires and a Guard Stick in my inventory, I'm covered for healers. That said, which event is my best bet for using 50 mythril with the goal of getting some weapons that will give me some raw power?

Looking at the banners last page, I'd have said Banner 5, because Aerith and Celes weapons are God-tier for 4-mage meta (Guard Stick, despite its SB, has better MAG stat and is a rod so it doubles as an offensive weapon on high MAG characters), Cloud has a 2nd Soul Break and Cyan's SB weapon is actually ridiculously good if you're so inclined to abuse VIT0.

But you already have a Guard Stick lol

I think it'll boil down to what generics there are too.

Here's my 11-relic draw from Soul break Celebration 2:

5 stars are:
  • Tyro's Healing Grimoire
  • Regal Gown (VI)

This is a high quality draw. even the threes are pretty good other than the staff on the left, not sure what that is. Rune staff combines with the two you may already have, the golden armor is great if you can get another or two, same with the helm. The fours you got are very versatile particularly the mesmerize blade and the crystal armlet. You're also getting decent items for what, five different realms here, IV, v, vi, vii, viii? You didn't get a four or five attack weapon, but the mesmerize blade is nothing to sneeze at. I'd be very pleased with this.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think DeNA missed an opportunity with Snow's Record Materia. Something like "Adds 20% of character's DEF to ATK" would be both interesting and completely in line with Snow's characterization and gear in XIII and RK.

(His two RM are basically "ATK down DEF up" and "more DEF as HP lowers") Yeh ok, kinda useless without Taunt.

Also no idea why anyone would want to Taunt even onto a highly defensive character, when an alternative in Retaliate-Taunt exists and is better both defensively and offensively.

I think DeNA missed an opportunity with Snow's Record Materia. Something like "Adds 20% of character's DEF to ATK" would be both interesting and completely in line with Snow's characterization and gear in XIII and RK.

(His two RM are basically "ATK down DEF up" and "more DEF as HP lowers") Yeh ok, kinda useless without Taunt.

Also no idea why anyone would want to Taunt even onto a highly defensive character, when an alternative in Retaliate-Taunt exists and is better both defensively and offensively.

I'm hoping that Retaliate meta goes away in a few months, due to a natural fallout of encounter design. It's honestly kind of a boring tactic, but even on a different level, anything that is so useful that it's almost the only thing used needs to be shut down.

Falk

that puzzling face
Retaliate has gone away in favor of 4 Mage in Japan.

Even before that though, its usefulness decreases more and more when your #2 and #3 melee weapons approach #1. Retaliate meta requires you to sacrifice turns to set it up, and when everyone hits more or less equally hard, the difference, even with Boost and nullifying the 0.1 penalty from double cuts, becomes marginal at best.

It's more or less a temporary stopgap (well, temporary being relative here lol) when you have one weapon that towers above the rest for a given record synergy, which is pretty much inevitable in these first few months of the game when people have relatively shitty gear pool.

edit: Don't get me wrong, Tauntilate still sees action but that's more due to it being suitable for certain encounter designs (stuff similar to 2nd Tidus Boss Rush boss) than it being the one-size-fits-all answer.

It's ok, Irvine will make anyone look good so just stand next to him.

Looking at the banners last page, I'd have said Banner 5, because Aerith and Celes weapons are God-tier for 4-mage meta (Guard Stick, despite its SB, has better MAG stat and is a rod so it doubles as an offensive weapon on high MAG characters), Cloud has a 2nd Soul Break and Cyan's SB weapon is actually ridiculously good if you're so inclined to abuse VIT0.

But you already have a Guard Stick lol

I think it'll boil down to what generics there are too.

Banner 5 it is then. Thanks for the advice.

GAMERG0D

Woo Squall enters the fray now, and a gunblade at that! Well here's the sad thing, it's Cloud's Braver soulbreak, just redesigned. Clocking in at 129 attack at level 30 (7star), it does a single physical blow to the enemy, but what's different about Squall's soulbreak to Cloud's? Well Squall's soulbreak ignore enemy defenses (at least some of it, if not all), so it's slightly better in the long run, as you can reach the 9999 damage cap easier than Cloud. But as I said with all single hit soulbreaks, it is advisable not to get them.

I get what he's saying about the SB but in a VIII dungeon it would be advisable to have a VIII weapon, especially a native 5*.

Falk

that puzzling face
I get what he's saying about the SB but in a VIII dungeon it would be advisable to have a VIII weapon, especially a native 5*.

I don't think conventional considerations about the rarity of certain record synergies applies to his thought process.

Red Mage

I dunno what's better, the fact that he's all 'yea i spent a shit ton of money but i dunno the exact amount don't rly care' or that he has 115 inventory slots after having pulled maybe 1250 items.

"BOSS BOSS WHAT DO WE DO WITH THESE 4* ITEMS?"

"THROW THEM OUT LIKE ALL THE OTHERS"

Yeah, I know, but I figured it'd be useful to read up on what each one does. Let us learn from his foolishness!

I wonder if he ever got that Healing Tome he wanted...

Oh, I agree. I linked it since it tells you what each SB is. i.e. do I want to do an 11-pull now or wait for that one I think is really awesome that's coming up soon.

StMeph

From this, it seems like the best relics are:

Cloud's super soulbreak Ogrenyx
Squall's super soulbreak weapon
BOTH Lightning's weapons
Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire
Rinoa's Valkyrie
Fran's bow
Sephiroth's 2nd weapon
Yuna's 2nd weapon
Tidus's 2nd weapon
Gilgamesh's weapon
Vivi's weapon
Celes's weapon
Luneth's weapon (as Friend Summon)
Cecil's shield (as Friend Summon)

Basically any multi-hit weapons. So of the ones currently available in Global/NA:

Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire
Rinoa's 1st weapon
Celes's 1st weapon
Luneth's weapon (as Friend Summon)
Cecil's shield (as Friend Summon)

This only makes me think of the other guy who chased that grimoire and walked away a few grand poorer and no grimoire.
Play for what items you want, don't focus on only going for the "best". You'll go insane if you spend 200mythril and then your actual money trying to get these relics and come up short.
Trying to be clever with the RNG is like saying you have a system for winning slots st Vegas.
This game is supposed to be about scratching a nostalgia itch. Trying tobget Tyros weapons seems to be 100% against that.

He did answer it (vaguely). You get a pop up message mid-battle when an enemy "drops" it. Doesn't show up as an orb/chest.

When I got Wakka it came up in the reward screen for a single stage, not mid fight. I did not notice if during the actual combat there was a drop or not, and that's what I want to know.

Roto13

I pulled a Masamune! Blade.

image.php

At least I can finally replace my one katana. Which is only two stars.

EDIT: Man, so many greater orbs in these new dailies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom