• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
In all honesty though, the gil+xp returns on this are insane (like, Flan level insane, adjusted for mudflation in the intervening time since Flans)

Even if you've got Team A, Team B, and Team C all already at 50, if you don't have at least some of the shitty characters (I, II, Cores, etc) at 50 and like 5 million Gil by the end of the event, you probably will have only yourself to blame. Heck, I'm seriously aching for Non-Elemental orbs but considering completely forgoing the daily today and Saturday to do as much of Gold Fest as possible, because the daily isn't going anywhere and it's not like going another rank on my breaks is gonna destroy upcoming content in the next week or something.

Roto13

In all honesty though, the gil+xp returns on this are insane (like, Flan level insane, adjusted for mudflation in the intervening time since Flans)

Even if you've got Team A, Team B, and Team C all already at 50, if you don't have at least some of the shitty characters (I, II, Cores, etc) at 50 and like 5 million Gil by the end of the event, you probably will have only yourself to blame. Heck, I'm seriously aching for Non-Elemental orbs but considering completely forgoing the daily today to do as much of Gold Fest as possible, because the daily isn't going anywhere and it's not like going another rank on my breaks is gonna destroy upcoming content in the next week or something.

Yup. I've been making sure to clear all of the dailies on heroic before doing anything else but I'd rather just wait a week and focus entirely on this until it's over.

Did anyone else notice that the event didn't reset their free relic pull?

Noi

Yup. I've been making sure to clear all of the dailies on heroic before doing anything else but I'd rather just wait a week and focus entirely on this until it's over.

Did anyone else notice that the event didn't reset their free relic pull?

Neither did the Banner festival, so I guess only proper Challenge/Survival/whatever events with their own relic pulls refresh it.

Razmos

this event is fantastic. Stayed up a bit later than usual to use up my stamina on it. Upgraded pretty much all my good equipment to max, got a good number of levels on my team and earned a lot of gil, just in that one stamina bar. and there is 4 days left of this? wow.

I guess i'd better get leveling my core characters. (and Tidus and Wakka)

Falk

that puzzling face
Probably wouldn't go so far as to pour mythril into it.

It doesn't give 4* orbs. :V

(There's a Squall boss that does. Multiples per drop even)

Falk

that puzzling face
Maybe they'll do an orb festival... >_>

Golden Week in Japan was pretty much like this except they also dropped orbs.

Oh, and you had a daily login bonus that gave you Cactuar 4* summon and a 5* sword.

edit: lol
L9fC7v6.png

Noi

Maybe they'll do an orb festival... >_>

There was another Gold Saucer event a month or two ago in the JPN version that was just like this one but with EXP, Gold and Orbs. Like 3 days dedicated to every orb type, with each difficulty giving a higher tier.

Edit: Yeah, Falk got it. Getting that 5* sword was the last thing I did in the JPN version, haha.

B.K.

I just did a single draw from the Tidus banner and got a 5* Monk Robe. I don't know if the game is trying to tempt me to do an 11 pull or warning me not to. That's the first 5* I've gotten from a single pull.

Golden Week in Japan was pretty much like this except they also dropped orbs.

Oh, and you had a daily login bonus that gave you Cactuar 4* summon and a 5* sword.

edit: lol
L9fC7v6.png
I need it.

(The new daily login bonuses in Japan are similar to this set up, except it's 4* mats and obviously no free sword and summon every week. But it's now three Mythril per week and only one day for gil.)

SunGod

Mastered the event, I only have five characters who aren't max level (Knight, Ranger, Red Mage, Tidus and Wakka) so that's my team set for the next few days! And yeah I'm going to skip tomorrow's daily dungeons too. Can always clear them next week :)

I'm going to save all my eggs for the next characters we unlock, does anyone know if enemies drop them? I haven't seen any (yet)

I want cactaur summon and the cool 5* FF7? sword :(

Roto13

Mastered the event, I only have five characters who aren't max level (Knight, Ranger, Red Mage, Tidus and Wakka) so that's my team set for the next few days! And yeah I'm going to skip tomorrow's daily dungeons too. Can always clear them next week :)

I'm going to save all my eggs for the next characters we unlock, does anyone know if enemies drop them? I haven't seen any (yet)

I want cactaur summon and the cool 5* FF7? sword :(

I just got a Greater Growth Egg as a random drop on Heroic. Growth Eggs also drop on lower difficulties.

SunGod

I just got a Greater Growth Egg as a random drop on Heroic. Growth Eggs also drop on lower difficulties.

Okay 100% playing this event 24/7 until it's finished, thanks!

I just hope there's a day between this and the next event so I can finish up redoing elite dungeon quests.

Kaiterra

Banned
Used the golden eggs from the event to jump Wakka from Lv40 to 50. His slowpoking at the EXP game was really annoying me when I had his Memory Crystal sitting right here. Thinking it'd be a good idea to use the mythril to just keep running the event for EXP/Gil instead of throwing it in the lotto hole.

I made the mistake of thinking I could just auto battle heroic with my all melee b team, have had to save scum the final area because my whole party is like 1 hit from death

Falk

that puzzling face
After selling ALL the 3* upgrade mats I had in my stash I'm still running out of inventory space because I've got like 2 pages each of 4* upgrade mats now.

Senpai there's too much I can't possibly finish all of it T__T

Roto13

After selling ALL the 3* upgrade mats I had in my stash I'm still running out of inventory space because I've got like 2 pages each of 4* upgrade mats now.

Senpai there's too much I can't possibly finish all of it T__T

I ended up selling all of my four star materials and just kept the five star ones.

Red Mage

So, I needed something to spend my mats on, so I did a three draw and got the Gaia Sword. Thinking of switching my RW to that.

4 more minutes until I can finish the last section and head to bed. My hope is to get Tidus and Wakka to 50 tomorrow then switch focus to bm/wm/sum for their record materia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom