• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Festival of Gold tonight? Hear people talking about new dungeons.

On the new heroics...finally got greater orbs(didn't get any on the past 3...skipped Sunday/Monday heroic), 2 Holy on the same run no less.

Is the Festival of Gold tonight? Hear people talking about new dungeons.

On the new heroics...finally got greater orbs(didn't get any on the past 3...skipped Sunday/Monday heroic), 2 Holy on the same run no less.

Greater holy seems to be a good one to stock up on- curaja, Phoenix, raise (heh). I need some greater darks for magic breakdown. Getting the breakdowns to r3 seems a real challenge at this point.

Falk

that puzzling face
Sooooooooo I should just start saving mythril at this point I suppose. No more pulls from me until these superior soul break weapons start popping up.

But then they'd just be outclassed again even later (see: Cloud's perma +10ATK weapon).

I'd say pull whenever you feel you're beginning to hit a wall.

(And also pull towards eventual 4mage meta but maybe that's looking too far ahead)

But then they'd just be outclassed again even later (see: Cloud's perma +10ATK weapon).

I'd say pull whenever you feel you're beginning to hit a wall.

(And also pull towards eventual 4mage meta but maybe that's looking too far ahead)

Pulling whenever you're hitting a wall is very wise. That makes the most sense to follow. No need to steam roll the entirety of the content. (Even though the end of the Rinoa event scared me into thinking things would get too difficult to soon)

Falk

that puzzling face
(Even though the end of the Rinoa event scared me into thinking things would get too difficult to soon)

Haha yeah. That and Locke event really seem to be when DeNA were figuring out a proper rhythm for things. You can see the best parts of those events basically iterated upon in what we have now - a Boss Rush initially appeared on Rinoa, but was so absurd that few people even tried.

Locke event was slightly too long, a retread, AND ended in a brick wall for many people (VIT0 aside)

I think what they have now is a really good compromise, and is a formula that works considering most events follow the template now.
- A Normal mode that gives a character and should be beatable by new players JUST coming in within the timeframe of the event.
- An Elite mode that ends with a bunch of challenging bosses, but definitely not on the same tier of insanity as Rinoa or Locke.
- An additional Boss Rush mode that combines both accessibility AND is a test for people who want to test themselves. The way it's set up is pretty cool, actually - if you can beat Elite, you can beat the Boss Rush with mythril refreshes since that essentially breaks the boss rush down into things you've beat before in Elite mode (although easier since there's a guaranteed Ether, and the boss rush level is typically lower than the final elites). But the madmen can go do the entire thing with no Mythril if they so wish.

That way there's a challenge for those who want it, but it doesn't completely lock out the rewards for people who really want them, and it better encourages people to start using Mythril than Rinoa or Locke events, which benefits DeNA. (Blowing 2 mythrils on the boss rush trivializes it since it's ability count that's a big hurdle. Blowing 2 mythrils on Red Dragon, while giving you an edge, isn't an auto-win)

Ashodin

FIRAJA GET

YAfH94Jl.png

Now for the last stage before Boss Rush (gulp)

MicH

I just finished all the classic dungeons today. I am so behind. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of elites I still have to beat. I pray we'll be event-less for some time otherwise I'll never get through them

greyshark

This is half a year's worth of content. It feels like no fun to just hoard mythril for 4 months waiting for the "perfect" time to splurge it all. I'm just gonna do 11 pulls for the characters I like even if their soul breaks aren't the best.

You'll drive yourself crazy waiting that long - you only have a 3% chance to get any of the character specific SB weapons on any single 11 pull.

Pejo

I just finished up an easy Elite, knocking out the last of these dungeon quests. I'm at 94 stamina because I haven't finished every elite yet, so I gotta stop doing dungeons and let that stamina recharge for the event. Dumped some eggs into my upcoming event party to make them able to actually survive. I have:

-Wakka cap broke, but still level 50
-Tidus level 37 (just got him a few days ago)
-Gordon level 30 (yuck, but I hear his materia is good)
-Vanille level 46 (she seems to level so sloooowwww)
-White Mage level 48 (getting that materia)

I'm hoping with this team I can coast fairly easily through whatever the Normal or Hard paths throw at me, and level them up. I'd love to get the 4 that are < 50 up to cap, and then swap them out for Bard and maybe Josef or Knight or something. I'm all in on this event until it expires, since it seems to be giving xp/money/upgrades. I need all of the above.

As a sidenote, I tried all kinds of different setups with Gordon and he always sucks, even with 5* equipment. I hadn't realized he could equip spears though.

Red Mage

This is half a year's worth of content. It feels like no fun to just hoard mythril for 4 months waiting for the "perfect" time to splurge it all. I'm just gonna do 11 pulls for the characters I like even if their soul breaks aren't the best.

I wasn't posting it to encourage people to hoard their mythril. Quite the opposite. I was looking to see what the different SB were. I just figured some might want it to know if they should, say, go for Balthier's weapon or Edgar's, since we won't have enough mythril for 11 pulls on both without hoarding.

Wazzy

Banned
I decided to do a 3 pull and got the heat lance which I'm pretty happy about. Problem is no one in my party can use it so now I need to decide who to boot for the boss rush to replace with Kain(or should I just not kick anyone at all?) since it's a pretty good SB.

What's the general consensus on Safety bit?
It was great to get a 5* reward, but it seems kinda useless tbh. It can prevent instant death...but is that something that'd gonna be coming up a lot? Up until now its hardly been a worry...especially with save scumming.

It was great to get a 5* reward, but it seems kinda useless tbh. It can prevent instant death...but is that something that'd gonna be coming up a lot? Up until now its hardly been a worry...especially with save scumming.

Someone said it resists gravity, but I didn't notice that when I was fighting the final boss of Boss Rush. It used gravity on my Safety Bit wearer a number of times and I didn't notice anything different.

thedan001

It protects you from gravity too, I guess good to put on a healer for bosses that use it

Talaysen

Someone said it resists gravity, but I didn't notice that when I was fighting the final boss of Boss Rush. It used gravity on my Safety Bit wearer a number of times and I didn't notice anything different.

It does, but that gravity has a greater than 100% chance of hitting, so even after resisting it probably still has a high chance of hitting.

Not sure if that's normal for gravity attacks. If it is then the Safety Bit isn't very useful for that.

Ashodin

How are u clearing them ash? I'm starting to set up a team and just thinking what the best would be

I use Retaliate Meta. Bring along Deprotega (Vanille Soul Break friend), then use VIT0 trick (Protect on Boss, Deprotega, Protect on boss again, use Double Cut people to kill).

The Sinspawn guy with gravity was a bitch because my people were so low and the little dudes hurt with their spines.

The next Sinspawn with the arm tentacles won't let you Protect him until they're dead, so go ham on them in the mean time, then do VIT0 as normal.

Last Sinspawn is a joke, just VIT0 the main body and GG, ignore the head

Road

Don't like GIL and EXP? Well ok I guess

You speak as if gil and exp were ever a problem. They are easier to accrue than FFXII equipment in this game. I won't be even surprised if the exp and gil per stamina of this event are worse than from the dailies.

This event is only useful for people who did multiple 11 pulls today and got all 4* and 5* equipment that need upgrading.

Gold saucer music, though.

You speak as if gil and exp were ever a problem. They are easier to accrue than FFXII equipment in this game. I won't be even surprised if the exp and gil per stamina of this event are worse than from the dailies.

This event is only useful for people who did multiple 11 pulls today and got all 4* and 5* equipment that need upgrading.

Gold saucer music, though.

You can never have too much gil/exp. Besides, this is much more fun than running Vector Streets all day. Also, its very generous! Tons of eggs for mastery clear.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm broke so in happy with this event. I need the gil plus the rewards are fantastic.
Didn't notice the reward for the Easy clear until after I'd beaten it. Holy shit. :lol :lol
I immediately had to sell a bunch of stuff and use some of the mats xD

Roto13

Ok.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, this event sucks.

Because

tfw Gold Festival, and no Cloud Memory Crystal to boost his levels past 50
image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom