• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished that Heroic

IlAP8Sg.gif

Falk

that puzzling face
Awesome. She'll get RS for II, VI, and X realms then.

RS only applies partially in those cases though. In the Spiral Cut example, Tidus gets 10 levels (over his already high lv65 stats if he's lv65) and Brotherhood also gets its absurd ATK RS.

Entropia

No One Remembers
All of my gear is now max leveled. I am sitting on 41 Mithril - not sure if I want to spend it yet or wait till I get 50.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think someone fucked up and got rods and staves mixed up and gave all the staves mnd and the rods mag.

But staves ARE supposed to be WHM and rods ARE supposed to be BM as far as Final Fantasy lore/precedents go. It's just weird that FFXII (the game, not the FFRK realm) had them flipped around, where rods tend towards healing and staves tend towards offense.

Of course, FFRK, being the stickler to details it is, copied that, resulting in a bizarre, non-optimal and non-intuitive setup. Sorta like "Fire Shield" in FFIV actually being weak to fire (lol)

Kanashimi

Wow, Festival of Gold is just... amazing. I got my first six star out of it. I've only run Heroic three times. Guess my focus is gonna be on this instead of the Tidus event.

Vorpal

Family is in town for the weekend and I got the FFRK Festival of Gold notification on my phone during dinner. When they left several hours later, I walked over to my phone like

a2Dkmle.gif

Just starting on the event now and it already seems like the best. Given my poor relic draw luck lately, I'm feeling totally okay with spending most of my 19 mythril on stamina refreshes. I'll probably expand my inventory some more, too, since Gold Fest keeps dumping truckloads of upgrade mats in there.

But staves ARE supposed to be WHM and rods ARE supposed to be BM as far as Final Fantasy lore/precedents go. It's just weird that FFXII (the game, not the FFRK realm) had them flipped around, where rods tend towards healing and staves tend towards offense.

Of course, FFRK, being the stickler to details it is, copied that, resulting in a bizarre, non-optimal and non-intuitive setup. Sorta like "Fire Shield" in FFIV actually being weak to fire (lol)

FFXI has them flipped too. Clubs are the main for whm and geo, staves for smn, blm, sch.

Side note:
Mastered all the festival dungeons. Unsure if I should struggle to get through hard or autobattle normal with my shitty core team to get them to 50.

Edit:
AHAHAHAHHAA the growth eggs from the event rewards took my SMN from 1-48.

Edit 2:
You know there's nothing stopping them from labeling a staff as a rod and calling it a day either. Diamond mace is labeled as a staff. Maybe they will adjust that.

Now I'm at 400k lmfao this event

Sitting at around 300 here, and all my gear isn't capped yet. Hording like a mofo for now, giving all the FF3 gear to core characters since they all have FF3 soul break items. Figure they will be good for III and core dungeons that way when multi party comes out.

johnsmith

remember me
Meh. Not sure why you guys are so excited about this event. Gold, xp, and upgrade materials? Who cares, most of my characters are max level already and all my gear is upgraded. Gear and orbs are way more important and this had neither.

Meh. Not sure why you guys are so excited about this event. Gold, xp, and upgrade materials? Who cares, most of my characters are max level already and all my gear is upgraded. Gear and orbs are way more important and this had neither.

You and road can enjoy not doing this "meh" event while us commoners catch up to your greatness. 😜 /s

Wazzy

Banned
Seriously? Plenty of quests require you to have a 50 from each realm, future gear will be expensive to combine and upgrade and growth eggs make leveling new characters faster.

There's no reason for people to find it weird people are happy about this event.

"Why are you guys so excited for Christmas? I've already gotten all the cars I could ever have. "

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

surf chocobo music, a few free mythril, and gads of gold *shrugs* any new content is more fun than grinding old stuff for orbs.

FoG is fine but with limited inventory(I'm at 110) and all my equipment is maxed...dunno why I'd farm it. Most of my characters are all level 50 or level 10...so it's a nice XP dungeon but I don't think I'll be going back in anytime soon. Sitting on 660,000 gil but when I get 3 more White Orbs and hone Curaga to max...I'll lose 300,000...still. So many better things to be doing in the game.

Kenai

It might not be useful to you since you have everything capped apparently, but I don't see how it's hard to understand. This event is saving SO much time it's redonk.

Vorpal

Yeah, of course gil/exp/upgrade mats are available elsewhere in separate dailies, but they're available all at once--in spades, with very low farming difficulty--in FoG.

I get not having a need to upgrade equipment, but honing abilities gets to be pretty damn expensive too. I'm looking at 360,000 to finish off my 2* Double Cuts, and the cost scales with 3* and 4* abilities. I don't see how it could hurt to stockpile as much gil as possible during this event.

Also, I'm taking this opportunity to try leveling Tidus and Wakka from 50 to 65. I worked flan grinding like it was a second job and I still have seven or eight characters hovering in the 30s. I'm excited to get everyone else caught up without an obnoxious amount of S/L.

So many better things to be doing in the game.

Like what? Honest question. I've finished every elite, the Tidus event, and I'm around 80/111 quests completed. Going ham on this event seems like the most appealing option right now, but maybe I'm missing something.

Falk

that puzzling face

Somewhere out there is a complete whacko who's honed all his abilities to r5 who would be "meh, orb event that drops 100 orbs per 15 stam is useless to me"

I'm actually torn because I'm in the middle. I'm at 71 stamina and 50 mythril. So I'm at the 11-pull number and it's hard to convince myself to spend any to take advantage of all the free money and XP

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
I did two 11 relic draws tonight. Got a Enhancer and Blitz Sword with one and nothing on the other. Considering my luck lately, I'm thrilled to finally have a 5* weapon with SB. This event is amazing and great timing so I can upgrade all my equips.

hamchan

My inventory.....I only have 100 slots....oh no.

Also if there was any time to use mythril to refill stamina, it would be now right?

I just got an email back from the support team thanking me for my input about the Soul Break Celebration event, when I never even mentioned it once! They said nothing about the issue I contacted them about regarding the false information in the announcement for the increased drop rate for certain 5* relics during the Locke event two weeks ago! This is so frustrating. >_<

I sent them yet another email explaining all this, and I hope they actually read it this time. I can't believe all this runaround for such a simple issue. *sigh*

Need about 2 million gil to upgrade everything in my inventory. But seems like now's the time to burn mythril on stamina, because this gear isn't going to upgrade itself. Then after all that's done I need another 500-700k in the bank for honing abilities in the coming week or two.

Edit: Bleh, today is also Non-Elemental Orb day, which I also need a fuckload of. So I might have to take a break from this event for the day and get all my orbs.

Nohar

Aoutch. I wonder what happened to him to get a ban.

I wonder if I'm going to spend Mythril to refresh stamina too. That event really is a blessing. I just wish Scarlatium would drop more often: all of my armors are maxed.

Wazzy

Banned
Aoutch. I wonder what happened to him to get a ban.

I wonder if I'm going to spend Mythril to refresh stamina too. That event really is a blessing. I just wish Scarlatium would drop more often: all of my armors are maxed.
DotA thread argued about nothing and a bunch of bans happened. I doubt it's a perm thankfully.xD

Just hope he's back before next event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom