• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sun Blade's sprite doesn't have the little sun on it. :/

I'm close to having Snow and WOL reach level 50. I'll then level up Vanille, Aeris and Lenna.

But they've already done multiple VI events :p
Multiple FFVII events too.

I'm wondering how they're gonna handle Vivi, because he's part of some of the Mastery conditions of the Garnet event, and we haven't even gotten him yet. (And he wasn't a part of the event in Japan, he was from the standard franchise paintings.)

Wazzy

Banned
We just got X, now IX, so... VIII then VII? Wishful thinking..
I'm almost sure VIII is next, no way they're skipping Squall if Garnet is this week.
The Sun Blade's sprite doesn't have the little sun on it. :/

Multiple FFVII events too.

I'm wondering how they're gonna handle Vivi, because he's part of some of the Mastery conditions of the Garnet event, and we haven't even gotten him yet. (And he wasn't a part of the event in Japan, he was from the standard franchise paintings.)
Hmmm maybe he'll be released as a bonus? That or IX painting is released tomorrow.

Also I completely forgot about Aeris being an event. So yeah, multiple VII too. xD

duckroll

I was convinced to check out the current events going on, and I have to say, the recent update is really impressive. The game actually runs pretty well now, it's much smoother and faster, and it doesn't feel like a turd to "play" anymore. The Festival of Gold is also crazy generous with drops and exp. Lol. Managed to get mastery on all 4 difficulties for it. Sooooo many upgrade materials now. :p

MicH

My 100 gem pull gave me a 3*. Then did a 15 mythril pull and got a 5*! Another non-character SB, though - my third. Still no character specific SB.

nvmd9sTl.jpg

got super excited because the announcement says "recruit new characters in the classic dungeons..." but i'm sure that's just a bit of generic advice.

i'm guessing they're holding off the new dungeons until their e3 "here's FFXII HD" announcement... ahem.

For those in the know, why is everyone proclaiming that magic/offensive magic is the next step of the end game? Do later events have enemies that are more physically defensive than magic resistant?

Nohar

Well, didn't expect Garnet to be the next event. Oh well, it seems it was a good idea to keep my Daggers (though now that I have 5* weapons, fake or not, they are no longer that useful, except for characters unable to wear anything else), and I do have my 4*+ Gladius too. It will be nice to have a new summoner character.

Aside from that, I'm leveling up everyone thanks to the Festival of Gold event. Only Cyan left and Core characters who aren't WHM/SMN/BLM.

Razmos

I just used a Friend Summon that was a level 50 Cloud with that sword that casts meteorite.

It did 250 damage to the enemy party.

>_>
I was dissapointed to use Gaia Blade with Tidus and watch as his Earthquake soul break did 500 damage.

It's a fantastic weapon for Terra though i'd imagine.

Negator

So I fell asleep a bit early last night and did a daily, saw my notifications and did a double take-

VAScrUQl.jpeg

What!? I guess everyone wants in on that Tyrfing action!

So I fell asleep a bit early last night and did a daily, saw my notifications and did a double take-

VAScrUQl.jpeg

What!? I guess everyone wants in on that Tyrfing action!
It's one of the most sought after Friend Summons, even still in Japan. It stacks with other buffs, so you can make the caster a complete monster. It's actually more useful as a FS compared to having Luneth use it himself.

How difficult is Operation Control on elite compared the stage before it? I just cleared it by the skin of my teeth. Wondering if its worth dropping the 70 stam for a chance at the safety bit.

Deadly

It's really too bad EXP day overlaps with the Festival of Gold. My last set of guys (outside of cores) would probably have been able to reach 50 if I'd get another day.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
It's really too bad EXP day overlaps with the Festival of Gold. My last set of guys (outside of cores) would probably have been able to reach 50 if I'd get another day.

You get roughly the same exp with Festival of Gold at heroic and Festival is easier than the EXP dungeons. And you get gold, upgrade materials and growth eggs as drops. So go for the Festival of Gold first.

Deadly

You get roughly the same exp with Festival of Gold at heroic and Festival is easier than the EXP dungeons. And you get gold, upgrade materials and growth eggs as drops. So go for the Festival of Gold first.
Of course. What I meant was if for example exp day was Tuesday, we'd be getting an extra day of exp goodness.

Nohar

How difficult is Operation Control on elite compared the stage before it? I just cleared it by the skin of my teeth. Wondering if its worth dropping the 70 stam for a chance at the safety bit.

Pretty difficult. The first boss can't be targeted by spells until you killed its tentacles, and will do AoE damage on everyone as long as they are up (you really want Intimidate to work). Tentacles should be Power Break ASAP, and everyone should be fully healed before even reaching that fight, unless you are prepared to S/L a lot if one of your already wounded character takes too much damage.
The good thing is that it is weak to Fire, so you can exploit that weakness.

Sinspawn Gui can absolutly destroy your team if you are not careful and/or unlucky. Your priority is to Magic Break its head, and keep it that way (it will cast Thundara on everyone quite often). You can only reach it with Magic or Ranged attacks, so Wakka with a ranged weapon must be your Magic Breaker. If the head "moves in an odd way", just attack it to cancel its next attack (otherwise, you will suffer). This boss is immune to paralysis. You will need damage mitigation if you want to succeed. Bring Tyro with Sentinel or Healing grimoire as your friend summon. You must kill the body to kill the boss. Arms will respawn (if you kill those, its body's defense will drop), head won't (it seems to have between 10K and 15K HP, need confirmation).

EDIT: Nevermind: you can find the enemy's stats here.

If you feel like cheating, just use VIT0.

Drac

That announcement of the new event made me rush the FFX one instead of farming xp and gold. Had to use one mythril on Operation Control before the last boss and 2 on the boss rush after 2nd and 4th boss but I'm okay with that, being a freebie player and not using retaliate meta or VIT0 (but intimidate feel almost as broken as those methods sometimes, the boss just stays there taking damage lol)
On a side note I now have a 6* Zantetsuken \o/

Road

Dena, now I could use one free 5* rod, or two.

What's VIT0?

It's on google, but if you do this in this order, the enemy def (or magic def) will be reduced to "0" due to a bug in the game:

1. protect (shell)
2. deprotega or armor breakdown or status reel (status reel or mental breakdown)
3. protect (shell)

All on the enemy. Example. The effect on def/mdef is not permanent and only lasts 10s to 30s depending on the ability you used on 2. It has apparently been fixed in Japan, so it'll be a few months before it is fixed here.

Razmos

link to the details?
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/39srig/the_princess_of_alexandria_event_stamina/

All the bosses (classic and elite) have basically no status resistance (they are even vulnerable to Death) and are pretty much all weak to fire, as well as none of them having any dangerous abilities and usually only having single target attacks.

The boss rush sounds far easier than the Tidus boss rush as well, the first 3 bosses are very average, the 4th is a weaker version of the elite boss from the event and the 5th and final boss only has one attack, which is just a single target hit which has a chance to hit the boss instead.

Pretty difficult. The first boss can't be targeted by spells until you killed its tentacles, and will do AoE damage on everyone as long as they are up (you really want Intimidate to work). Tentacles should be Power Break ASAP, and everyone should be fully healed before even reaching that fight, unless you are prepared to S/L a lot if one of your already wounded character takes too much damage.
The good thing is that it is weak to Fire, so you can exploit that weakness.

Sinspawn Gui can absolutly destroy your team if you are not careful and/or unlucky. Your priority is to Magic Break its head, and keep it that way (it will cast Thundara on everyone quite often). You can only reach it with Magic or Ranged attacks, so Wakka with a ranged weapon must be your Magic Breaker. If the head "moves in an odd way", just attack it to cancel its next attack (otherwise, you will suffer). This boss is immune to paralysis. You will need damage mitigation if you want to succeed. Bring Tyro with Sentinel or Healing grimoire as your friend summon. You must kill the body to kill the boss. Arms will respawn (if you kill those, its body's defense will drop), head won't (it seems to have between 10K and 15K HP, need confirmation).

EDIT: Nevermind: you can find the enemy's stats here.

If you feel like cheating, just use VIT0.
Thank you kindly for the tips. Once this festival ends I think I'll give it a shot. I'm not above using Vit0 but even with it I found the previous stage hard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/39srig/the_princess_of_alexandria_event_stamina/

All the bosses (classic and elite) have basically no status resistance (they are even vulnerable to Death) and are pretty much all weak to fire, as well as none of them having any dangerous abilities and usually only having single target attacks.

The boss rush sounds far easier than the Tidus boss rush as well, the first 3 bosses are very average, the 4th is a weaker version of the elite boss from the event and the 5th and final boss only has one attack, which is just a single target hit which has a chance to hit the boss instead.

Firaja and fira strike are going to tear this thing up. Throw in a little Phoenix and friend summon terra and this should be a piece of cake.

I went ahead and combined them. I already have a 6* FF6 Spear, and two 4* FF6 daggers. I'm not hurting for this gear at all, so it would only make sense to consolidate what I have.

YMMV :)

I decided to just upgrade it and keep 2. With 2 mighty swords I think that outweighs 1 better one. Especially when no other gear I have for VI gets to being as powerful as a 5*

But regardless, I have so much money and weapon mats that even if I want to combine its not an issue. I can always do it at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom