• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

I think I'm going to do an 11 pull tonight. I'm going to wait and see what's in Garnet's banner. If there's nothing good in it, I'm going to pull on the Soul Break banner.

Tea leaves say:

Storm Staff (Garnet SB - Eidolon: Ramuh)
Oak Staff (Vivi SB - Doublecast Bio)
Mage Masher (Shared SB)
White Robe (Shared SB)
Black Robe (Shared SB)
Diamond Sword
Adamant Plate

The fact that Oak Staff is Vivi's means either that he will be available in the event or this is completely wrong.

Razmos

You can use them on other characters?
Holy crap, this brand new information.
Yep, that is the entire reason people have been levelling up the core characters. Black Mage's record materia is essentially an extra Quake per battle, and White Mage's is an extra curaga/protega/shellga, ect.
They'll be invaluable going forward, especially for stuff like the boss rushes.

Nah, they're pretty clear when they announce new dungeons. These ones are taking forever to show up, though. What are we, like two weeks late now?

How are you gonna have a IX event before the classic dungeon pops up. On top of that one of the boss requirements is to not let Vivi die who is unlock through the IX classic dungeon. That's why I asked

My second oldest weapon is the mythril dagger. Not sure if I've ever used it, looking forward to dusting her off I'm a few hours. Oldest-falchion from the draw at the beginning, the honed to 3++

How does that ability potion work when it drops? I see numbers 1 and 2. Does that mean a 1 number is a slot 1 top up etc?

Depends of your original amount of use. The number indicates the amount of refill. Not sure when something becomes 2 refills. It's either at a base of 6 or 8.

Also, if both abilities have been used, the one getting the refill looks random.

nikos

So I'm finally getting around to playing this. A friend of mine told me there's a 5 star sword as a login bonus for today. I didn't get it for logging in. Am I bugged, or are there more prerequisites to do get it? I've only done the Gold Event and one FFX dungeon so far today.

Beelzebubs

So I'm finally getting around to playing this. A friend of mine told me there's a 5 star sword as a login bonus for today. I didn't get it for logging in. Am I bugged, or are there more prerequisites to do get it? I've only done the Gold Event and one FFX dungeon so far today.

You'll start from the beginning of the drops I think. You'll probably get the sword in a few days.

Deadly

How is Record Materia going to work for the Cores though? Do they get their own event? Or will they be attainable through any event?

Razmos

How is Record Materia going to work for the Cores though? Do they get their own event? Or will they be attainable through any event?
Scattered throughout the realms. You get Tyro, Black Mage and White Mage's memory crystals from classics, and their second record materia from certain elites. I know Black Mage's comes from a FF9 elite.

Deadly

Scattered throughout the realms. You get Tyro, Black Mage and White Mage's memory crystals from classics, and their second record materia from certain elites. I know Black Mage's comes from a FF9 elite.
Oh then I don't see the rush. If it were restricted to event dungeons, then it would have been a problem.

Roto13

How are you gonna have a IX event before the classic dungeon pops up. On top of that one of the boss requirements is to not let Vivi die who is unlock through the IX classic dungeon. That's why I asked

That boss requirement doesn't have to be there. And he doesn't have to unlock in the classic dungeons.

B.K.

Now do I run this event and get these new characters or do I stick to FoG exclusively...

The Garnet event is up for 10 days. I'm going to rush through up to the Vivi level, get Garnet and Vivi, and level until Festival of Gold ends.

Gridman

Neo Member
Didn't realize Garnet and Vivi were from FF13. Cause that's all I got from the banner so far. 4* Healing Rod and 5* Kaiser Knuckle. When I pulled from the FF13 banner I got more FF12 junk. If it's a banner for a specific game why not make it so you are more likely to pull items from that game. I didn't even care if I got Garnet's weapon. At least wanted some IX armor for the event to go with my daggers. Oh well I guess it's not that big of a deal. If we ever have another 13 event I'll be ready. And god knows I'll be set for XII if they ever do one.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm gonna get Vivi and Garnet and then use a couple mythril to grind FOG. I've still got plenty of gear to max so I'll need the gil.

MicH

Got Vivi just as Terra reached level 50. Excellent timing. Threw two Greater Growth Eggs at Vivi and got him to level 25. Now I need to scoop up Garnet and it's FoG until it ends :D

Didn't realize Garnet and Vivi were from FF13. Cause that's all I got from the banner so far. 4* Healing Rod and 5* Kaiser Knuckle. When I pulled from the FF13 banner I got more FF12 junk. If it's a banner for a specific game why not make it so you are more likely to pull items from that game. I didn't even care if I got Garnet's weapon. At least wanted some IX armor for the event to go with my daggers. Oh well I guess it's not that big of a deal. If we ever have another 13 event I'll be ready. And god knows I'll be set for XII if they ever do one.

My pull also was a disaster, I got excited with a five but it was another j staff, so I now have my first seven star and it will be useful for garnet. Also got a few three stars I dumped as I've maxed and a few mediocre dupes that I've combined, and a four star nodachi katana for x which I guess is my highlight. Major bummer. Stunning not a single ix item. Xii heal staff, meh

elty

Join the 3 pull cult.

Got a mage smasher. Really want either weapon as I lack a high magic staff/rod except the Valkyrie. Oh well I think I will save my mythril for a 3 hit weapon.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
My pull also was a disaster, I got excited with a five but it was another j staff, so I now have my first seven star and it will be useful for garnet. Also got a few three stars I dumped as I've maxed and a few mediocre dupes that I've combined, and a four star nodachi katana for x which I guess is my highlight. Major bummer. Stunning not a single ix item. Xii heal staff, meh

I like to think that the abundant amount of XII equipment is just a reverse reference to the RNG that was in FFXII.

Had a hard time getting what you wanted in FFXII because of random loot chests?Here's a load of FXII equipment for you, my best fans! You're welcome!

Road

After a Grand Glove (IX) yesterday, got a Diamond Sword (IX) now, both from single pulls.

I'm not complaining, but I am. I want a 5* rod.

Also, getting two 5* in a row means I won't be getting any for the next two months.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

I've done 2 pulls on the new banner so far from the Mythril I've gotten from the event, got a 4* FFXII rod and the 5* FFIX Mage Masher. RNG can be a harsh mistress.

thedan001

geez DeNA, my plate is looking a little more than full, haha

I'm spending some mythrils to stamina refill so I can take advantage of the festival for garnet/vivi, spending some exp eggs also

4x lv65 characters gogogo

TheGatsby

Haven't been able to complete Tidus event's last elite or boss rush. So I'm gonna dump some mythril into stamina refills to grind 4 characters to 65 in FoG. I think it'll be a better investment than an 11 pull!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom